Default address list in exhcange 2003

can I delete the default address list to add my own?

0
jsawyer1 (16)

Think it through and test before you do:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us

Nue
"Josh" <jsawyer@insightbbb.com> wrote in message
> can I delete the default address list to add my own?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
6/15/2006 1:43:47 AM
I do not suggest doing this unless you want to cause full OAB downloads for
your clients. If you want to create your own OAB, create a new one and apply
a filter to it (if you wish). Then make sure that your mailbox stores are
associated with your new OAB, and your clients will download the new one.

If all of your users are on more than one information store, you will need
to associate all your mailbox stores with that address list.

Dgoldman
"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Think it through and test before you do:

> Nue
> "Josh" <jsawyer@insightbbb.com> wrote in message
>> can I delete the default address list to add my own?

0
sifu128 (21)

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

Default Word 2007 to "No Spacing"?
Is there a setting to make Word 2007 default to use "No Spacing" under the Styles of the Home Tab? It's very annoying that it defaults to normal. I never use it!!! It's especially when doing a Mail Merge and I have to put Name, Name2, Contact, Address, Address2, etc.. all on one tiny label. Can't do that with the spacing it does by normal. Each time I have to change it to no spacing. Apply the Word 2003 style set. (Change Styles on the Home Tab) -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< ...

Auto fill and drop down lists
The fields are Rank and Rank Sort (I cant do this alpabetically as a the ranks (Military) don't run in alphabetical order. The idea is this: The form (Pers Details Form) contains personal details Name, Number etc from the Pers Details Table. There will be box where I can select the rank from a dropdown list. The Rank details are contained in a seperate table (Rank Table) containing a Rank and Rank Sort column. In the Pers Details Form I can create a record, enter details but I want to have a drop down box to choose the rank from. Once chosen I would like the rank to show (but ...

Price list 02-23-06
Does anyone know how to default a quote to a particular price list, or can I remove this mandatory field? Tks. Ian Hi Ian, You could write a script at the OnLoad Event of the Quote Form. var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: alert("This is a create form."); //insert the PriceList GUID into the Price List look up field here. break; case CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE: break; } Hope this helps. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This post...

Outlook 2003
I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either the subject or text body...or both. For example: looking for an email message about a specific invoice number 12345. Now, it does not find the number even when I know it's there....and can find it by hunting on my own. Thanks for any help you can offer~ "Hello_It''''s_Me-CA" <HelloItsMeCA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B942C394-5363-49BE-AFB3-04E34C1CE4BF@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000. The string will be in either > t...

Publisher 2003 Viewer is needed
Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for the other programs in Office? Can they? Yes Will they? Unlikely Mike Larry M. in Illinois wrote: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they have for > the other programs in Office? Larry M. in Illinois <Larry M. in Illinois@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Can Microsoft create a free viewer program for .pub files like they > have for the other programs in Office? Could they? Yes Is it profitable for them to do so? Probably not. W...

How to change default printing parameters on Excel & ......
How to change the default printing parameters on Excel & keep them changed for future workbooks. Example: Normally I use Printing margins 0.25 on all directions, but default printing margins are 0.75. I want to change them to set 0.25 as DEFAULT. If you start a new workbook and change the page layout (for all the sheets), you can save it into your XLStart folder as Book.xlt. Excel will use that as the basis for new workbooks. You can change a lot of settings that way--including orientation, headers/footers.... Amjad wrote: > > How to change the default printing parameters ...

Outlook 2003 #224
When I print from Outlook I get the following screen: A dialog box opens and says An error has occurred in the script on this page Line: 1344 Char: 1 Error: Unspecified Error Code: 0 URL: res://C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg All other applications work. Bob 5132361210 ...

Outlook 2003 hyperlinking error
Have just installed Outlook 2003, when I click on a html link within an email it opens my default web browser however the link appears in the browser with these additional symbols which stop the requested site from loading eg: http://%1%20http://www.microsoft.com Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Its driving me nuts. ...

Visio 2003: Custom Toolbars disappear
Sorry for the cross-posting, but I didn't get any responses in the visio.troubleshoot NG. I recently upgraded to Visio 2003 and have a perplexing problem. When I create a custom toolbar--or even when I customize a standard toolbar--they do not appear the next time I load Visio. Any ideas? I'm getting tired of recreating my custom toolbar every day! Thanks, Dave Go to View/Toolbars/ and you should see the list of customized toolbars you have made at the bottom of the menu. Selecting them will make them appear I tried to duplicate the problem you are having with seeing a standard ...

Setting default program for viewing pictures
How do I set the default program for viewing picture attachments? I use Outlook Express 6 and when I click to open an attached picture it opens to JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 but no picture appears. In the past Explorer opened up my pictures. Can any one give me the steps to change the default from paint Shop to Explorer?? Hi Digitdan, Change the program that starts when you open a file http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP051925951033&C TT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=bSa5KrD4N0&Query=Change+the+program+that+ starts+when+you+open+a+file&Scop...

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...

List box with available queries question
I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all the queries within the database. The following code is what I have so far but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. SELECT [Name] FROM MSysObjects WHERE [TYPE] = 5 and LEFT([Name],1) <> "-" ORDER BY [Name]; "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F47BB77B-7B66-4860-8954-F4FE32FE7C3C@microsoft.com... >I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all >the > queries within the database. The following code is what...

Works in 2003 but not 2007
When I reference the below function in 2003 I get function displayed... now in 2007 I get #NAME? Any idea what I need to change/set in 2007 so it will run this function? Function formulaText(x As Range) 'returns the text equivalent of formula in upper left cell in range x 'example: =formulatext(a1) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet 'example: =formulatext(a1:b5) returns the formula found in cell a1 of active worksheet formulaText = x.Cells(1, 1).Formula End Function Thanks, Mark Mark, It works fine for me. Are you stored in a stan...

FRx
Dear, I encountered problem of changing default base period. The version of FRx software is 6.5.28 and it is running under Windows 2K Professional. The situation was: After opened the Catalog of Report Window, there was a pop-up message box which said 'Changed the default base period to C'. I did not know why this could happen. - Would you please tell me under what circumstances this pop-up message box would display?? In order to continue to use this software, I only could click 'OK' from the message box. The report date is then changed to 'Default Base Period' - (Ja...

Changing a username/address
Hello, I work with someone who just changed her name, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it on the Exchange (2000) server. I changed the username in Active Directory (also 2000), but messages from the user still have the old name in the Sender field. Also, when I point to the mailbox for saving messages, it has the new name (Mailbox - New Name) until restarting Outlook, and then it has the old name. Do I have to Exmerge out the mail, delete the account, re-create the account, change the name of the .pst file and import the mail? Thanks in advance! Jeff Follow these steps: =...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

How to find addresses stored in Favorites folder
My toobar shows a button for adding to favorites but I can not find my favorites list anywhere after I add them? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041116.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ "Zuli" <Zuli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1B7543A-7BE9-40C6-A4BA-5770FD90AB79@microsoft.com... > My toobar shows a button...

What program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in outlook?
I have one user (Vista Business, Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003) who has today started to see a pop-up from Outlook saying: "A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date." Anti-virus (McAfee) is up todate, and I'm doing a scan now and afterwards will do a separate scan for malware. This user tells me that he hasn't knowingly installed anything recently. My question is: is there any way to determine what the program is which is try...

Inventory Integration and Purchasing Default U of M
Hello everyone, I don't know if it's just me who does not know about the right way to map my information or if there is actually a problem but I am assuming that there is probably someone here that is going to be able to answer me on that one. I am having a problem with the integration of inventory information. I am on version 8 and try to import into Great Plains a list of items. Everything is importing very well except that I can't find where I map the Purchasing Default Unit of measure. Is the title of the field different in Integration Manager or is it just not there? Than...

Authenticating addresses for sending emails
I installed Office XP for Small Business on my laptop recently. Now, quite often I am getting an error message when I try to send an email to someone that says, "You must first authenticate this email address". Does anyone know how this is done? Thanks, Ken I have Office 2003 and I saw this once in my copy, I found it all I had to do was to add the person to my address book as it was part of the built in Spam filters. -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com "Ken" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01fc01c3d94f$...

Force command to run for each computer in txt file list of compute
I have a few hundred computers that haven't been defragged in years. I was wondering if rather than doing it manually, if someone had a script where if i just put all the computer names in a txt file, it would iterate through the list and perform a "defrag c: -f" on them all from my workstation. The workstations all have the same local administrator password, so the process would be the same for each. I just dont know how to write scripts. I know if i were going to do this manually from my computer I would run the command below for each ComputerName psexec ...