Dead Mail

Hi all,
I assume the junk email that exchange catches ends up in Dead Mail. My
Question is how can I read and retrieve dead mail/old junk mail.
--
Vince
0

If you've got the IMF installed and set to archive, then junk mail ends up
in the 'ucearchive' folder underneath your SMTP virtual server folders.

If you're referring to the BadMail folder, then this is where Exchange
stores (for want of a better description) NDRs that cannot be delivered.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

"Vince" <Vince@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> I assume the junk email that exchange catches ends up in Dead Mail. My
> Question is how can I read and retrieve dead mail/old junk mail.
> --
> Vince

0
neil.hobson (1158)

Cant open some mails in OWA2K
We have big problems opening some mails in OWA :- Some mails we cant open in OWA, but when we connect via VPN and Outlook 2K or 2K3 we can open them We get this error in OWA The page cannot be found The page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. HTTP 404 - File not foun Internet Information Service We are running SBS2K SP1a fully patched and up to dat Can anyone please explain how to fix it :-) I expect you've got IISLockdown and URLScan installed. This will help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 -- Neil Hobson Excha...

My mailbox contains 38.000 mails... how to purge it ?
Hello, My Exchange 2003 standard MailBox contains more than 38.000 e-mails ! I didn't found how to purge these spam mails but to run Outlook 2003 client and wait... Does anybody now how to erase these mails ? Thanks. Pascal. On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:42:18 +0200, "Service-api" <service-api@wanadoo.fr> wrote: >Hello, >My Exchange 2003 standard MailBox contains more than 38.000 e-mails ! >I didn't found how to purge these spam mails but to run Outlook 2003 client >and wait... >Does anybody now how to erase these mails ? >Thanks. >Pascal. > ...

Exchange Mailgateway do not accept Mails with non defined content
Hello, our Exchange 2003 Frontendserver is functioning as mail-gateway to our provider. From time to time a mail arrive from which in the following example a virus was deleted, with a strange defined content-type (see last line): ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="=mh.ipm.3291.43ce503e.0001_=" --=mh.ipm.3291.43ce503e.0001_= Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit A virus was detected in this message. The part of the message whic...

Mail being sent "on behalf of" the default email address
Hi, I've been searching everywhere for an answer to this but with no result. Can somebody help me? I'm using Outlook 2002 without Exchange Server and have 6 accounts set up on it. All of a sudden, my emails are being sent with the following in the "From" field. "user1@domain.com on behalf of default@email.com". Has anyone any idea why Outlook has started to do this and how I can change it? Thanks very much for any help :-) You can choose which account to send from in the toolbar of you message. It will then use the account you select at that time. It i...

how do I change the default setting of the "TO" on e-mails?
When doing an e-mail and I click the "to" it defaults my selection to "contact. How do I change the default to "Global Address List"? Tools, Address book, Tools, Options. mikie v wrote: > When doing an e-mail and I click the "to" it defaults my selection to "contact. > How do I change the default to "Global Address List"? ...

I've lost some mail and I'm wondering what happened to it...
Hi -- I have an Exchange 5.5 server with ~25 users. Users are using Outlook 2000 as a client. A user has (accidentally?) turned Auto Archiving on for his sent items folder. It was set to archive to a networked drive (H:) all items older than 90 days. (To archive.pst.) And, sure enough, no items over 90 days are in his sent items folder. But I can't find an archive.pst file in/on any networked computer. As he accesses his mailbox from both his local PC and via Terminal Services from his laptop, I am wondering where Outlook is getting the actual location of the H: drive -- and what ha...

Limit recipients for external mail but not internal
I'm looking for a way to set a limit on the number of recipients an outbound email can have. However, I don't want to limit the number of recipients a message sent internally can contain. I set the limit on the Message Delivery -> Defaults tab - but this limit also applied to email sent internally. Internal employees sending an email to one of our DL's that had a number of members which was higher than the limit I set would have their message rejected. I checked on our outbound SMTP connector but didn't see anywhere to set a limit there. Any ideas? TIA, - Arron ...

E-Mail not working? Outlook 2002
Everytime I try to send an e-mail, it goes directly into my outbox, and does not go out to the person I want to e- mail. Please help! Thanks! ...

mail keeps queuing
Exchange 2000 SP3 and Windows 2000 SP4. A mail message to many recipients keeps resending. The messages are visible in the default SMTP queue. The external recipients are getting the mail messages then the messages are re-queing for delivery again. For now I have frozen the mails. Have tried to delete the mails with and with out a NDR, however the mails remain in the queue. Any advise would be appreciated. I have the same problem. I configured a IIS on my computer and use it as Smart host (Exchange sys Manager Administrative Groups -> Servers -> Tiprosrv2 -> Protocols -> SMTP ...

exclamation mark
Hello I received an email with a red exclamation mark ! in the 1st column. I assume the sender put it there to draw attention to it ? Can I delete it ? I assume I can set a ! in my reply ? Thanks KK KRK wrote: > Hello > > I received an email with a red exclamation mark ! in the 1st column. I > assume the sender put it there to draw attention to it ? Yep. > Can I delete it ? You can delete the email but not the exclamation mark. > I assume I can set a ! in my reply ? Yep. > Thanks > > KK You're welcome. Al...

Lost e-mail in outlook express
I imported my e-mail mailboxes into a new pc, and everytime I close the program it deletes all of my mail out of all of my folders? I changed the veiw settings and do not delete. I can't figure out why it keeps deleting them all? Any suggestions? Julie ...

Will mail still flow without removing the 5.5 IMS connector kb 88
Hello, I currently have exchange 2003 running along with exchange 5.5. All user mail boxes have been moved over to 2003 . But the public folders are still getting replicated. Now in order to remove the exchange 5.5 server, I was trying to switch the internet email connector from 5.5 to 2003 by following KB Article 883407. Currently email is flowing from 2003 to 5.5 and to the internet and vice versa. I still do not have a mx record created for the 2003 mail server, I am still waiting to hear back from my ISP . In the mean while If I add the smtp connector to exchange 2003, and do ...

Outlook Unable To Open Default E-mail Folders
Hi, I run Windows XP Home Edition. Today, Outlook 2003 hung up on me. had to manually restart my computer. When it came up, and I starte using Outlook, I noticed that the data from the Sent Folders File wa unviewable. I was instructed to run scanpst to help correct the problem. searched for the path to get to Outlook data... C:\Documents and Settings\bobried\local settings\applicatio data\microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst I opened scanpst, tried to follow the above path, only to find that hit a dead end at local settings. I tried to reopen Outlook, and now it will not open at all. Th...

Blank Internet Headers on Sent Mail
Recently I noticed that there are no internet headers in sent email (highlight an email in Sent Items, click on Tools, then Options). This came about because my mother- in-law is having problems sending emails, some are received by the recipient while others are not. In all cases, the internet headers are blank. I went back and looked at some old sent emails and found that they contain internet headers. Can you tell me if this is due to new security changes or is this a bug? Thanks for any help you can give me. Diane I have some additional information. Emails that were sent to ...

E-mail size restriction issue
Hello, I tried allowing only few users to send e-mails (>11M) The only way system allows these users is if I remove limit for both SEND and RECEIVE under global settings -->Message delivery which doesn't make sense Isn't DELIVERY -->RECEIVE option meant for incoming messages? What is the best way to allow exception for certain users to send large attachments? Thanks MC ...

all mails to antispam
Exchange 2003. SMTP gateway brightmail. I need to send all mails (internal and external) to antispam. That the antispam analize the mail and send it to exchange. How can i do it? thanks My english is very bad :) I don't find the answer in the spanish news. Thanks Miguel you have internal spammers? typically, the only email you want scanned for anti-spam purposes is email coming in from the Internet... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Miguel" <miguel.romero78@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OfA%23xbxcHHA.4216@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Exchange 2003. > > ...

Lost inbox e-mails when user logged into the mail exchange from ho
I have a user who logged into the mail exchange on the companies Windows Server 2003 from home using Outlook 2007. When he came back to work this morning his e-mails in his in-box in Outlook 2007 were gone. The user said he had logged off the exchange. How do I retrieve his e-mails? Verify the view is not filtered first. "Woodworker" <Woodworker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E44395C1-BA9D-4028-A367-AEEA14058F2A@microsoft.com... > I have a user who logged into the mail exchange on the companies Windows > Server 2003 from home using Outlo...

Win Live Mail won't open
I took Steve and Gary's advice and installed Win Live Mail as a solution for dumping corrupt Windows Mail. Everything downloaded and installed fine but when I go to open it I get a window saying "Please wait while windows configures mail". Then the CPU light flickers a few times, the window disappears, and nothing opens. I tried uninstalling, repairing, added Writer just to see if anything would happen -- Writer seems ready to go, opens, asks me for blog url and all that -- but no effect on mail. There are no system requirements issues as I have a dual core lapt...

Mail Coming 7 times
When user1 of organization will send a message to user2 in same organization, the user2 will recive same mail 7 times. This happens only when user1 send the message to user2. while user3 and user4 gets same message only once while we send message to DL. While user3 and user4 sends message to user2 then it is received once ( no problem with other user ). We checked the user2's rules in outlook but no rule configured for the user1. Can anybody can help me in this case ? Any antivirus, etc running on the server? Does User 1 have any rules? What do the tracking logs show? 1 send and 7 d...

windows mail crashes when signature is inserted into emails
Whenever I write an email and try to insert my signature before sending, WindowsMail crashes and closes, and I get the following error message: "Windows Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open the Windows Mail message store..... Close the program or wait for it to complete its operation, then open Windows Mail again. (0x800C0155)" I tried creating a signature and asking it to "always insert" the signature, but whenever I tried to create a new signature, it crashed as well. We ran the wmutility program yesterday and still no success. ...

Windows Live Mail Problem Running In XP and No MVP Response
Hello - I have a Problem with WLM on XP Service Pack 3 Situation : Calendar - Custom Recurrence - Every Second Thursday Problem : Calendar shows succeeding months' recurrence occurring on the Wednesday instead of the Thursday. Tried the same situation on WLM running in Vista, and the calendar shows Thursday as it should. It has been suggested that this is a result of XP First Day of Week settings - but this does not appear to be valid. Is there a problem with Windows Live Mail and XP. I am a volunteer teacher (retired programmer) teaching older people in Rockhampton to ...

Specified attachment in mail
Hi, I'm using Microsoft outlook 2003 with Sp1. I know outlook 2003 has a restricted attachment extensions. My problem is I cannot open a specified attachment in my mail. I already tried the Microsoft knowledge base article 829982 but no avail. Is there any other ideas why I cannot open the file attachement? thanks in advance, Mikhail What type of file? What did you put in the registry value? Did you restart Outlook afterward? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.ou...

How to Make Buttons and Hyperlinks Clickable in the E-Mails
The buttons in the forms and the hyperlinks aren't clickable. That is they don't respond to mouse clicks. As I know this is a security measure by default. How can I turn off this feature? Seyfullah Ural ...

how can i read e mail attachmment
My friend is on fsworld and views throught outlook.I am AOL and he can't read any attachments he says there is a block on. can you help please old woman <old woman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My friend is on fsworld and views throught outlook.I am AOL and he > can't read any attachments he says there is a block on. can you help > please Refer him to http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#attsec -- Brian Tillman ...

Internet Mail Connector #2
Hi, Recently i've istalled ex2003 server in 5.5 site. On 5.5 we are using IMC to send and recaive e-mails. My question is after moving all the mail boxes what do I do next? 1.How to set up connector on the new server? 2.How to move Global Adress Book to the new server? Thanks for all the help Martin Martin wrote: > Hi, > > Recently i've istalled ex2003 server in 5.5 site. On 5.5 > we are using IMC to send and recaive e-mails. My question > is after moving all the mail boxes what do I do next? Please review http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en...