Dead Exchange box

I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool)
All  I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have
managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone
please tell me the best way to get the data back
0
Andrews (6)

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:49:02 -0700, AndrewS
<AndrewS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool)
>All  I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have
>managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone
>please tell me the best way to get the data back

www.quest.com and look for Exchange Recovery Manager. Also
PowerControls from OnTrack. Pretty pricey but that'll teach him not to
back it up. It will save you the time and the cost of your hours so
don't look at the actual dollar price of the product.
0
mark7219 (5666)
7/27/2006 10:38:22 AM
This tool recovers data

http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/

To get the data without the using of third party tools I would look into how
an offline backup restores work combined with how to repair corrupt
databases. Try this articles below to begin with, it list several reference
for repairing and how to do offline type stuff.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313184

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;296788&spid=3208&sid=global

"AndrewS" <AndrewS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool)
> All  I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and
> have
> managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone
> please tell me the best way to get the data back

0
exchange.mvp (559)
7/27/2006 10:50:49 AM
Thanks, I have had a look at Quest. You are not wrong about the price. Lets
see how important his data realy is!!!!

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:49:02 -0700, AndrewS
> <AndrewS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool)
> >All  I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have
> >managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone
> >please tell me the best way to get the data back
>
> www.quest.com and look for Exchange Recovery Manager. Also
> PowerControls from OnTrack. Pretty pricey but that'll teach him not to
> back it up. It will save you the time and the cost of your hours so
> don't look at the actual dollar price of the product.

0
Andrews (6)
7/27/2006 11:03:02 AM
Cheers. Might be an option, Will give it a go... Good experience  if nothing
else.

"Andrew Sword [MVP]" wrote:

> This tool recovers data
>
> http://www.officerecovery.com/exchangeserver/
>
> To get the data without the using of third party tools I would look into how
> an offline backup restores work combined with how to repair corrupt
> databases. Try this articles below to begin with, it list several reference
> for repairing and how to do offline type stuff.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313184
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;296788&spid=3208&sid=global
>

> "AndrewS" <AndrewS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool)
> > All  I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and
> > have
> > managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone
> > please tell me the best way to get the data back

0
Andrews (6)

Exchange/Outlook Groups not showing in Entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: Exchange I work in a PC environment. Our organization uses Exchange Server and Outlook. I use a Mac and Entourage. My Common Contacts book shows all the email addresses but none of the GROUPS show up. Therefore I am unable to send emails from Entourage to GROUPS within the organization. These groups show up just fine in OUTLOOK. Also in Outlook the EMAIL TYPE for address show as SMTP while GROUPS are EMAIL TYPE: MAPIPDL <br><br>Our IT is pretty swamped with other issues to be able find...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

Exchange 2003 blocking attachments
Our exchange server is blocking attachments with .mbd .exe .com. Is there a way to allow certain attachments through the system? mike Is it the Exchange Server or the Outlook settings? See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;ES;829982 -- Denis McDowell [MSFT] "mike vincelli" <mvincelli@suhsd.net> wrote in message news:182e01c441ca$3fc1a0f0$3501280a@phx.gbl... > Our exchange server is blocking attachments > with .mbd .exe .com. Is there a way to allow certain > attachments through the system? > > mike Denis, The link you posted is for the...

NT/ Exchange 5.5 - No PST's
Hello all quick question. We have NT servers with Exchange 5.5 running for internal only and are looking at doing away with PST and converting all users over to running off the mail server itself at the same time we are looking at no longer using a tape backup solution but either that of another drive offsite or some type of removeable hot swap typedrive. I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of what to backup now that we will no longer be using .pst's and if there is anything special needed for exchange. I have yet to find anything concrete even looking at MS site. ...

Excel should default to autoformat for chart text boxes
Excel in (Office 2003 and as far as I can tell all previous versions of Excel) should default to autoformat for chart text boxes - it currently selects "none" for outline and background options ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

'In maintenance mode' status after Exchange 2003 upgrade to SP2
Hello, I have upgraded all my Exchange 2003 (Enterprise edition) servers from SP1 to SP2. One of the servers display now in the status "In Maintenance Mode". The five other servers are at status "Available". Exchange is correctly running on all of them. It's the first time I see the status "In Maintenance Mode" and I cannot find any information on it. Do you have any idea? http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/03/exchange_in_mai.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Sadissa" <Sadissa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Help with Combo-box
Hey everyone, hopefully someone's run across a problem similar to this and their is a (simple :) solution). Basically I have a simple combo-box that is displayed in a dialog. Now, the problem is that I have around 7200 entries that I want to appear in that box as valid selections...well thus far I haven't been able to get that many entries as a possibility (the combo-box simply refuses to allow me to enter that many fields of data). :( Okay, I tried googling this (thought maybe there was a readily defined maximum on combo-box data size) but I couldn't find anything that wou...

Exchange + IMAP = pain
I have an Exchange Server configured. We are using RPC over HTTPS, so all of our users are able to send mail from anywhere without messing with VPNs and SMTP server settings. Things are good. The issue: We have added a Cisco Unity server. It delivers voicemail to Outlook using IMAP. If a user wants to forward a voice message to a third party it is sent using the SMTP server that is associated with the IMAP account. This poses an obvious problem as we do not have an SMTP server that is accessible from outside of our network. Is there a way to tell Outlook to send all messages using the Exchan...

pre-select new record in combo box
Hi, I have a form (frmActivity) with a combo box (cboStore) that gets its data from a table (Store). If there is a new store which dose not show in the combo box I have a command button on the same form that open a popup window for entering the name of the new store. In the 'on close' event of the popup I requeary the combo box (cboStore) on the main form so that the new store will appear. What I would really like is to have the new store already selected in the combo box when the popup is closed. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks, Phil Try after the requery of the ...

Microsoft Exchange/Outlook thoughts
We are currently being forced into Microsoft Exchange and have been using Lotus Notes for the past 8 years. Never a problem with Notes EMail, and now I am forced to look for answers to simple questions. Why doesn't Mail get delivered to my current Email address? Answer : Now way to tell. There aren't any tools to allow me to track this. Reboot and call me later. If the problem still exists I am up the creek... When will you allow applications to be delivered to remote users? Answer: Never or check out .net stuff and if you can figure this out let me know. Lotus has delivered th...

Sync Outlook Notes 2007 with Exchange
I'm running Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2010. I use my notes in Outlook quite a bit, but my OWA or Active Sync on my mobile device doesn't give me a chance to sync notes anymore. I'm sure this is an exchange questions, but wondered if anyone knew of a fix? thanks Jason ...

Domain name issue migrating 5.5 to Exchange 2003
We are prepairing to migrate Echange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. This has come up as an issue: Our domain is cornerstone instead of cornerstone.com Our email address is "firstname.lastname@cornerstonegrp.com" instead of: "firstname.lastname@cornerstone.com" ...

Digital ID name not found error in Outlook 2003 w/ Exchange 2000
WinXP Pro SP2 fully patched (upgraded from Win2K Pro SP4) Office 2003/Outlook 2003 SP2 fully patched I'm installing company issued certificates in Outlook 2003 for the first time for digital signature and encrypted email. When I try to send email with my digital signature I get the error: Your Digital ID name can not be found by the underlying security system I have removed and reinstalled these certs several times (including system reboots after removal) with no change. I went to thawte.com and got a freemail cert issued but it gives the same error message when I try to use ...

Disclaimers and Exchange 2003
Is there a way to add a disclaimer message to the bottom of all outgoing emails. Im using Exchange 2003. I know there are 3rd party tools, but you'd think it would be a feature built into EX2003. My clients use Outlook XP to send/receive emails. I suppose I could make it part of their signatures, but a user could delete or modify this setting. Download the trial version of GFI Mail Essentials which allows one disclaimer while unregistered, and continues to work when the trail period is over. www.gfi.com/me P.S. If they're fed-up with SPAM this product will make them ...

POP3 collection from mailboxes on Exchange 2000
Hi We're running SBS 2000 and I want to allow remote users to download their mail from the Exchange server using POP3. As a test, I've telnetted to the host's port 110 but can only obtain mail for the administrator's account and none of the users. The message is simply a security-related message, the exact text of which I can't recall. I have tried it on two Exchange 2000 servers, with the same results. We've also done the same test on an NT server running Exchange 5.5 and that allows us to collect from other users' mailboxes without any difficulty. It just se...

Outlook 2003: Cursor automatically in To box when
Whenever I create a new message; reply to one; or forward one in Outlook 2003 on a machine I inherited from someone else at work, the blinking text cursor is automatically placed in the To box. I've never seen this happen before in Outlook or any other email app and its quite annoying. I end up having to either retype the beginning of my message again in the body of the email or cut and paste what i've already began to type. Please help, DMarrs@biziteks.com On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:16:12 -0700, <DMarrs@biziteks.com> wrote: >Whenever I create a new message; reply to one...

Moving comment box leader arrow head
Can I move the position of the head of a comment arrow from one corner of the cell it references to another corner? When I display the comment box/arrow for printing it looks as if it is refering to the cell on the right, since the comment arrow points to the upper-right corner of the cell, instead of the upper-left. Francisco ...

Outlook Client on CRM 1.2 Server Box for Demos
Hi, Did a CRM 1.2 install on Windows 2003 Server and all is working well. I have been seeing things on this newsgroup that say I should be able to install the Outlook client as well on this machine although it is an unsupported configuration. This is for demo's only. I am running it under Virtual PC. I would like to not have to have 2 Virtual PC images running just to show the Outlook integration to CRM. When I try to install the Outlook client I get a message at the start saying that the Outlook client is already installed. It is not. Suggestions anyone? Alan ...

Admin Problem from 5.5 to 2k3 Exchange
We just migrated all of our email boxes to Exchange 2k3 from Exchange 5.5. Now our administrators can't look at any of the users outlook information unless they are given the rights from that users. Before the administrators could look at the persons information and remove or help the people with problems and questions if need be. How can our Administrators gain access to these exchange boxes again? There are several articles out there on this. In E2K3, domain admins and enterprise admins are explicitly denied this access. There are work arounds. try this: http://www.winnetma...

failed recipient, trying to delete address exchange 2003
I get this error when trying to delete an invalid email for a recipient in Exchange. I saw no postings for this error on the net! "this is the home email-address for this recipient, it cannot be removed." ID # c10312e8. I have another address that I have made primary. But still cannot delete this one. Try manually updating the Recipient Update Service on ESM or wait for replication to occur. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "media" <timisme@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1161757808.425153.274250@f16g2000cwb.g...

Exchange 2003 pop3 connector events 1036, 1023 and 1019
Since we installed SBS 2003 in November, 2003, we have had some problems with email not being able to be sent or received. If we check the event log, we see errors for every pop3 email account every 15 minutes when the Exchange server goes to check for new messages. We can fix this by running the Connect to Internet Wizard (not making any changes to the settings, just running the wizard) and restarting the server. When the server boots, everyone will receive the all the email they missed when the server was down. Here are examples from the event log: Event ID 1036 An error occurred during ...

Text box and formatting?
I am working on class schedule and have one text box which spans a few pages. Pages are double columns. I have a header for each class and paragraph given for class description. On the last page, last column, one description appears at the top with empty space for the rest of the column. I would like to change the formatting of the text in the whole text-box so that most of the last column is used. I can select the text in the text box which expands over the few pages and play with the font size, but that would mean that all the text would be the same size. Is there a way that text...

task pool in outlook/exchange
Is it possible to have a shared "task pool" where there a bunch of tasks assigned to no one, but which people take or a manager assigns? We are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003, but can upgrade if this feature exists in 2007. Thanks, Dino it is not a feature in outlook or exchange 2007. you could use a public folder or a SharePoint list for this. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: da...

Exchange Recovery for test environment
Hi, I plan to build an Exchange 2000 test lab which replicas our current production environment. The current production environment has Windows 2000 Advanced Server Active Directory and a Windows 2000 Advanced member server running Exchange 2000 Enterprise Edition. What is the process of duplicating the current production environment and implement to the test lab for restoring 6 months old DB from backup tapes? Thanks, Kyle here you go: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/library/MRFME2KS. mspx "Kyle" <kylenguyen@prontomail.com> wrote in message ...