Daylight Savings Time and Calendars

I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 R2 w/ SP1.  My clients
are running a mix of Windows Pro SP2 and Windows 2000 Pro SP4.

My department has a recurring appointment set by the IT Director every
Monday morning at 9:00 am.  However I see that starting on March 12th the
appointment changes to 10:00 am, going back to 9:00 am on April 2nd.

This coincides with the three-week difference for Daylight Savings Time
starting this year.

I have applied the February 2007 cumulative time zone update on the server
(KB931836), and this morning applied the Update for daylight savings time
changes in 2007 for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 (KB926666) and restarted
the server.

Unfortunately this did not fix the existing calendars, and the problem still
occurs.  I just created a recurring appointment starting March 6th repeating
every Tuesday at 8:00 am and invited 2 other users (all workstations have
the KB931836 patch).  It shows up fine on my calendar (the time is 8:00 am
on the 6th as well as the 13th, and every occurence thereafter), however on
the people I invited it shows up as 8:00 am on the 6th and at 9:00 am on the
13th.  On his machine the time for our 9:00am meeting shows up fine (9:00 am
every day), but on the rest of our Calendars we see it at 10:00 am for the
last 3 weeks in March.

What do I need to do to fix this, or is there a way?

0
grover.joe (95)

You need to run one of the time zone update tools after the patching.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667
http://download.microsoft.com/download/a/6/4/a6430da0-11cd-47fb-aecb-e637906f0fbe/MSIT%20DST%20Exchange%20TZ%20Update%20Tool%20Guidance.pdf

"Joe Grover" wrote:

> I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows Server 2003 R2 w/ SP1.  My clients
> are running a mix of Windows Pro SP2 and Windows 2000 Pro SP4.
>
> My department has a recurring appointment set by the IT Director every
> Monday morning at 9:00 am.  However I see that starting on March 12th the
> appointment changes to 10:00 am, going back to 9:00 am on April 2nd.
>
> This coincides with the three-week difference for Daylight Savings Time
> starting this year.
>
> I have applied the February 2007 cumulative time zone update on the server
> (KB931836), and this morning applied the Update for daylight savings time
> changes in 2007 for Exchange 2003 Service Pack 2 (KB926666) and restarted
> the server.
>
> Unfortunately this did not fix the existing calendars, and the problem still
> occurs.  I just created a recurring appointment starting March 6th repeating
> every Tuesday at 8:00 am and invited 2 other users (all workstations have
> the KB931836 patch).  It shows up fine on my calendar (the time is 8:00 am
> on the 6th as well as the 13th, and every occurence thereafter), however on
> the people I invited it shows up as 8:00 am on the 6th and at 9:00 am on the
> 13th.  On his machine the time for our 9:00am meeting shows up fine (9:00 am
> every day), but on the rest of our Calendars we see it at 10:00 am for the
> last 3 weeks in March.
>
> What do I need to do to fix this, or is there a way?

0
RP1 (46)

word cannot save or create this file
i have opened a saved doc. When i re-open and edit and then "save as" new name an error: word cannot save or create this file. Check the disk is not full or write protected. This is new, how do i save? -- Browny ...

Working with time
I have set up a worksheet calculating employees time worked. As the data inputted is shift type e.g. e, l, n. I have setup a formula to work out each shift by its time length e.g. e = 7.5 hrs etc. As my employees do not all work set convenient hours some work overtime. How can I set a formula for excel to report back if someone works 9hrs 22.5 minutes that they have either worked more or less than their contracted hours in a time vale and not as a part of 100? ...

Calculate hours
Hi Guys, I have a spreadsheet here that has start / end hours in one column ie A B 1 17:00 2 2 19:00 3 4 In column B is the total number of hours between A1 and A2, ie A2 - A1. This works fine with the forumla: =(A2-INT(A2))*24-(A1-INT(A1))*24 But when the times cross midnight (and they will only ever cross midnight up to 3am) then it doesnt work and you end up with -19 etc. Whats the simple fix please? Thanks -Al On Sun, 30 May 2010 16:21:46 -0700 (PDT), Al <bigal.nz@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi Guys, > >I have a spreadsheet ...

Calendar Selection
I would like to have a cell validation with a calendar function. You've seen it; someone clicks on cell and instead of getting a dropdown list, you have a calendar you can select from with month and years to change from. Once the user selects the appropriate date, it places that date in the cell. Can this be done?? Hi DNA, See: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm --- Regards, Norman "DNA" <dnoel@fsgbank.com> wrote in message news:8c29b822e21276273f63a3391d963f5b@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... >I would like to have a cell validation with a calend...

View one record at a time in a report.
I am new to access. I created a report from a table using the wizard. When I view the report, I only want to see one given record at a time - not all records. How do I do this? Thank you Ron The easiest way is to start from a form, where you bring up the record you want to see. Then put a command button on the form, to open the report to just that one record. Here's the code you need for the command button: Print the record in the form at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-15.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne...

Senders email address in saved attachment
Hi, I'm currently using the below VBA to export all email attachments into one folder. I however also need to capture the senders email address, preferrably in the file name of the saved attachment. Is this possible or are you able to advise another solution to capture this information? '<DieseOutlookSitzung> Public Sub LoopMailFolderByFolderPath() On Error GoTo ERR_HANDLER Dim oFld As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim obj As Object Set oFld = GetFolder("Mailbox - ! TSN Credit Approvals\testing") If Not oFld Is Nothing Then For Each obj In...

Where is the template for the 2006 calendar?
I was able to locate the 2005 calendar template, but cannot locate the 2006 calendar template. Help! ...

cannot import pst calendar file
I have reformatted my hard drive, now attempting to import my calendar pst file. I want to try and bring my schedule into the outlook calendar file, however, the only way I can get the file to open, is to open the pst file and copy as a secondary folder in calendar. When I try to import the calendar pst file, nothing happens. Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you have the second calendar open, simply display it in a table format, then drag and drop the files to the primary calendar. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

how do I set up an annual calendar on one worksheet
I need a tempplate to set up on one worksheet an annual calendar with days of the week, months and date numbers. I havae to set up a calendar that has recurring dates e.g. evry 3rd Weds in Feb, 4th Tues in may etc ANy help would be appreciated on all or some of the above start here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=calendar -- Gary''s Student "Ian Dee" wrote: > I need a tempplate to set up on one worksheet an annual calendar with days of > the week, months and date numbers. > I havae to set up a calendar that has recurring ...

Improve Service Calendar scheduling by using nearest location
Hello, I have different sites providing the same service, I want that from service calendar, my users could schedule a service: 1) from the nearest site 2) if no resources available on this site, use any other site with available resources. Is CRM able to do this ? How to enter rules on the service to have this kind of selection ? Thanks for help. CS ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button...

Case Billable Time and Total Time in workflow
Hello evereyone, Case Billable Time and Total Time fields don't accessible in workflow! How can I calculate Case duration in workflow or access aforesaid fields? -- Mohsen Ahmadi, msnahm@hotmail.com IR-0912 *** **** ...

cannot save word file except tmp
I opened a word file I already worked before and updated and saved it - it is normal so far. After keeping working for a while, when I tried to save it, I got a message saying I cannot save it. The existing file name, while it is still open and i am working now, is suddenly changed to "xxxx.tmp". I had to save as with other name. I used MS Word 2007 Enterprise and worked under 2007 Office Groove. Any comments are welcome. Thanks, ...

formatting cells to show time format
Hi I wonder if you can help me with the following. I use Office 97 Professional, and Excel 97 to do the following. I have created a spreadsheet that will be used to calculate times & results for Car Rallies. I have sorted out the formatting of the cells so they show hours, minutes, seconds, and down to thousands of a second, using this time format hh:mm:ss.000. I have done the formulas to work out the elapsed times and then total times, by taking the finish time from the start time etc, then adding elapsed times together to get total times. The thing I am trying to sort out is wh...

I hit save instead of save as...is there any way to go back?
I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved. I needed to hit save as and accidently hit save. Anyone???? You've kinda burned your own bridge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jr Bullet" <Jr Bullet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9AD451B-209A-448F-935B-B2D1EC64A733@microsoft.com... >I need to retrieve the information from the page before I saved. I needed >to > hit save as and accidently hit save. Anyone???? On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 00:52:09 +0000, Jr Bullet wrote (in article <C9AD451B-209A-448F-935B-B2...

How do I save Visio help text boxes as html
I have a Visio process flow containing help text boxes (mouse overs) and hyperlinks that I want to save as a web document (html). When saved, the help text boxes are no longer available. How do I save as html so that they are available? ...

Setting company-wide holidays on exchange/outlook calendar
Is it possible to set holidays globally on exchange so that it will appear on everyone's Outlook calendar, instead of setting them for each user? Thanks, John ...

receiveing the same email three times #2
My outlook express died on me, therefore I had to start using outlook 2000, which was fine bit of a pain to get used to but, anyway since using outlook 2000, I am getting the same email from everyone three times. Why is this? It is soing my head in as my outlook is very full and it is taking me some time to get rid of the ones that are duplicated. PLEASE HELP ANYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Report Taking a Long Time to Print
I have a main report with 2 subreports in it. One of the subreports seems to be holding up the report when it comes to running and printing. When I run the query and/or report for the problem subreport it returns data within 1 minute. When I run the main report, it takes anywhere up to 5 minutes to run and about 12 minutes to print. When this subreport is removed from the main report, running and printing is under 1 minute, so I know this subreport is the problem. I had seen a post similar to this question and I tried the suggestions (removing page breaks, turning force new page ...

SSN printed with extra dashes 1 time
I have a database storing soc sec numbers and names. The soc sec numbers are entered on a form with a picture clause of 000\-00\-0000;0;_ I have a report (complicated format) that grabs information from the form and prints out the Soc Sec Number. It has a picture clause of @@@-@@-@@@@ For one client and one client only, the SSN prints out 111-2-3--5555 All others print out 111-23-5555 Does anyone know why this happens. Win XP SP2 and Access 2003 system running Thanks in advance It is very probable that the SSN that has the problem already has the dashes in it or is ot...

[ANN] Entourage Calendar issues on Snow Leopard
Entourage Calendar issues on Snow Leopard (The Entourage Help Blog) Snow Leopard has introduced new sync issues with Entourage Calendar events. Let us know if these options help or if you have found a solution that you would like to share. Entourage-to-iCal time zone synchronization problems Snow Leopard users are experiencing compatibility problem between iCal and Entourage. When syncing with iCal the calendar times will change to be off by a number of hours (depending on the time zone) from when they were originally created. Entourage and ICal Calendar don't sync anymore after upgrade...

Saving as txt file
I was wondering if its possible/how to export an excel file to txt format and make sure that the first column in excel will start be from column 1-10 on a txt viewer and the second column would be from 11-20 in the txt viewer. If anyone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Save As/ Space delimited text (*.prn) but you may need some trial and error to get the width of your columns right. -- David Biddulph "Mike Weiler" <m3weiler@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fdfb7176-f421-4e34-8245-2c313e501993@d21g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... >I was wond...

Time Difference
Dear All, I have some doubt in Date & Time Format. I have some (time) appearing in a column in this format 7/17/2006 3:20:53 PM.. I need to have a conditional formatting for this in that column. Ie., if the time in the column is less than 20 minutes to the current time (ie.,now()) then it should change to some color. Any help in this regard. Rajkumar -- Rajkumar Eager to learn more about Excel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Rajkumar's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2159 View this thread: http:/...

Exchange 2003 OWA shared calendar access
Hi We are using Exchange 2003 with both OWA and outlook 2003 clients. I have set the permissions on everyones calendar so everybody has reviewer access to each other calendars. All calendars can be opened when using Outlook 2003. However when using OWA only some calendars can be opened and others are stating "You are not authorized to view this page" when trying to open them even though the permissions have been set to access them. I am trying to access them by typing http://servername/exchange/username/calendar Any ideas would be greatfully received Colin ...

OWA Calendar Time
In my OWA there is a discrepancy between looking diary entry and when actually double-clicking on it. The appointment times are an hour behind in the details of the appointment.elay. This does not happen on the Outlook client. The time zone, daylight saving settings are correct on the Exchange server, Outlook client, OWA Options settings, client PC as well. Any suggestions will greatly appreciated. Regards Issue resolved. For anyone inetrested in knowing the solution.... Went into the Time Zone settings on the Exchange server and set it to Hobart time zone (we are in Sydney by the way)...

Save JPG GIF files allows only BMP
Hi ... When ever I try to save a JPG or GIF file imbedded in an e-mail body, I right click and the can only save the file as a BMP. This has happened in the past few months and I have been keeping up to date with all my XP Pro and Explorer 6.0 updates. I suspect maybe something there has change a setting but I cna't find it. Thanks empty the temp internet files (IE's tools, options) and see if that helps. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com...