data lost after Exmerge

HI:

  I used exmerge (last Version ) to copy my user's data to
my new Exchange 2003 server (previous was Exc2k).  The
entire process runs satisfactory, exept for the junk mail
data, all maiboxes data were copied  but I think this
should be normal for obvious reasons.

The problem is that in one users I can see everything but
the mailbox data.  All messages inside the inbox folder
dissapeared but the data on the subfoldeers remained
intact.

Is there any way to extract or get those messages?  The
pst file  created by the exmerge utility and the mailbox
size on the exchange are the same size

What it could be?
0
anonymous (74722)

Check first to see if the data is available in the .pst.
I do this by importing the data into an empty .pst using
Outlook.  If the data is there try to find out why exmerge
failed.

I had one mailbox that I imported using exmerge and it
said it completed but only half the email was there.  I
had gone over the users mailbox limit.

Marty

0
anonymous (74722)

Loosing Data after closing Page
I've used FrontPage successfully for years but a few weeks ago I started to design a new web page. I put in my background, picture and text boxes. When I was happy with the look I closed the page. The next day I opened it to make some changes and all my text was gone. The background and photo remained but everything else was gone. I've tried everything I could think of; Detect & Repair, opening an old web page and renaming it, but the same thing happens. I ended up using Publisher to make a mock up to submit for approval. I've got 4 days to have this site ...

Exporting Data to Excel-Date Format Changed
When exporting large amounts of information into Excel (Office 2000) some of the date formats are changed but not all.Most are kept as DDMMYY but some are turned around like US format into MMDDYY.Before exporting it will read 11/4/05 but after exporting into excel becomes 4/11/05.As i say 80% of dates remain the same as from Citrix program they been exported from.Any ideas anyone? You may have serious problems, a volatile mixture of correct dates, wrong dates and text that look like dates but has no date value. So when you say that "most dates remain the same" -try changing dat...

I can't save data on Microsoft Money 2004 running on Vista 64bit
In microsoft.public.money, Ian wrote: It won't do any good, but I'll try to remember to add this to the umpmfaq... "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:6d0nv4dpq7t24u67ng3rcps4f0b2j322da@4ax.com... > In microsoft.public.money, Ian wrote: ...

messages getting lost
Hi everyone - hope some mind person can help 1. Occassionally, we seem to lose messages. They arrive at our server, and we can see from our GFI anti spam software logs that they have bene processed and passed onto the Exchange Server. When i then look at Exchange Manager > Tools > Message Tracking Centre, I can search for the message using Message History. There are usually three entries: a: SMTP:Message submitted to advanced queuing b:SMTP:started message submission to advanced queuing c:SMTP Advanced queue failed to deliver message. The Exchange configuration is pretty well ou...

2002 Data Validation blank
On sheet 1 in a workbook, I can set a data validation list up for a cell. It works. On sheet 2, an exact copy of the first sheet, I also set up data validation for a cell. It does not work. In each case, the list is on the respective sheet. I have tried saving the book with different names under "save as ..." to try to enforce the validation, but to no avail. When I select data validation for the cell that is to be validated on sheet 2, it displays that it is in fact a list and the range is proper, but I do not get the drop down list when clicking on the cell. The "in...

Creating data labels in XY charts
I'm developing an XY chart, and I'd like have to have labels next to the data points. Is this possible? For example, the labels could be the names of cities, while the X and Y data might be the popluation and housing prices. Thanks, Robert Ades -- ___________________________ Robert Ades Accountancy Corp. 12100 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 660 Los Angeles, CA 90025 Tel: 310-571-1224 Fax: 310-571-1227 robert@robertades.com Use the XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or J-Walk Chart Tools (www.j- walk.com) -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-i...

Extract & Compress data to report
I am stuck at this. Please help. I have a list of records of test results in datatable (Null meaning not taken the test): Student Name Date Test_1 Test_2 Test_3 John 05-May-05 50 John 06-Jun-06 John 07-Jul-06 75 John 08-Jan-07 65 Need to report in this format: Student Name Test_1 Test_2 Test_3 John "Not tested" 05-May-05, 50 07-Jul-06, 75 ...

Show ALL dates instead of only dates with data entries
Here's the scoop: I have a form that shows an employee schedule. --------- Date Day Address Key Charts 1/22/08 Tuesday 12345 (23) 23 1/25/08 Friday 34567 (40) 40 --------- What I would like to do is set up the form to show days that nothing is scheduled (7 day week) to express holes in their schedules. Currently I have 2 text boxes: Chart Min and Chart Max that allow me to express the individual employee's limits of chart recovery for maximum utilization. I set this to conditionally format the records if they are...

Import data 05-08-06
Hello, I am using CRM3.0. I need to import master data and transaction data from external files (csv). Master data includes: Product Customer Contact Transaction data includes: Sales quote Sales Order Sales Invoice Does anyone has idea to import those record into CRM? Can we import data in SQL level? (Since no standard tool for import) -- Thanks, Ken You'll want to have a look at the Data Migration Framework (DMF) available via download from Microsoft's website. This is a tool that helps you import data such as yours. -- Matt Wittemann, CRM MVP http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.co...

Re: Paste a chart and get the source data to be from the new worksheet
Actually, you could try this little utility to change the sheet names in a chart's series formulas. I haven't used it much for sheet names, but in principle it should work. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ChgSrsFmla.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:... > No. If there were an easier way, I would have shared it. > > - Jon > ------- > Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP > Tutorials and Custom Soluti...

The data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 2. -- using LoadXML
I've discovered I need to use LoadXML instead of Load for an xml string versus an xml file. HOWEVER, I get the above message when .net goes to load the string. The string comes from an xmlDoc.OuterXML save resulting in: <?xml version="1.0"?> <WorkFlow> etc., etc. So, when I save this xmlDoc.outerxml to a database field, do I need to remove that first? If so, wouldn't it not work when I then load the string as xml again? Also, I can't figure out how to delete that particular node... Any clues appreciated...as always. Thanks, Kathy It works for me: s...

Different Users, same Outlook Data?
I created a new user account on my PC. I wanted to see if I could synchronise my mobile phone's data with a new account in Outlook without the existing data being corrupted or conflicts being created. After I created the new account (name of "Motorola" after the phone that I use) I logged in as that and then ran Motorola Phone Tools to synch the phone and Outlook. What I found after I ran Outlook is that all the data from my normal account was there. I have set multiple accounts up on the laptop and this has not occured. Each user has their own Outlook data, calendar entries, c...

Adding extra data to a chart
I am having Trouble with a scatter chart i can only add up to ~11 Y values before it wont let me create the chart if i add anymore why is this?? Can i stop it from occuring? You really ought to use a contiguous range to hold your data. If you need to gather data from separate cells, gather them using formulas in a single column, then plot this column. The problem is that the series formula has a limit on its length. Every cell you add contains a number of characters, "Sheet1!$A$1" is eleven characters, plus a comma, plus brackets surrounding the whole string of them. If your ...

Looking up data in various columns
Hi all, It is possible to do the following: Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E 123 456 No 789 Yes I would like to enter a three digit number i.e. 123 in column A and for it then to lookup for the identical number in Column C and return the number in Column D to Column B if Column E equals "No". If I was to enter the number 123 in Column A and Column E equals "Yes" then I want to notify the user via a message box (if possible) that this number is incorrect and needs to be ...

How to clean one book using data from another?
Hello, I'm an intern and a relative new user of Excel. I've used it before, but only for simple sorting. Here's my problem: I am using Excel '03 to sort e-mail address lists. I have two separate files, one with names, email addresses, and postal addresses, and a "cleaned" list with all non-working e-mail addresses removed. What I want to know is, is there any way to use the second list to clean the first list of all the people whose e-mail addresses no longer work, without manually searching through them one row at a time? I have nearly 10,000 names on one an...

Missing Data Connection Library Type Sharepoint 2010
Here is a strange one for the braintrust. I have a new install of SP2010. It is a farm setup so I have separate web and DB servers. All are running Win2k8 Standard 64bit. All seems to be working just fine, except I can't create a Data Connection Library. When I go to do so, that type is missing. Can't seem to figure out why. Am I missing something? As this seem to be SharePoint related query, can you please post it on SharePoint Related newsgroups/forums for quicker response and turn-around? Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS&q...

Load Excel data in a SQL Server table
Hi all, what's the simple way to read an Excel file (always in the same format and name) in my WinForm and pass this data to a SQL Server stored procedure? Thanks in advance. Luigi "Luigi" <Luigi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5FCDFDA-7BFD-4358-858F-15A391C19B7A@microsoft.com... > What's the simplest way to read an Excel file (always in the same format > and > name) in my WinForm and pass this data to a SQL Server stored procedure? http://www.google.co.uk/search?aq=f&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=Excel+OleDb ...

Effect of Conditional Formatting, Data Validation
I have a very large workbook with many worksheets and am experiencing bloat and slowness. I know, I know, I am inviting joke responses about using Gas-X, but please restrain yourselves! In order to provide a visual key as to which fields are empty, I am using conditional formatting to turn empty fields red. I also use Data Validation to control what goes into the cells. I never know how many rows will be filled in, so I just select the entire column and put in conditional formatting and the data validation, and then delete the conditional formatting and data validation for the header...

Moving data across columns
Hello Everyone, I hope someone can help me. I have a file containig contact informatio with all the data in column 1 i.e. name in cell A:1, complete addres in cell A:2, phone number in cell A:3. I need the data in a database format i.e. name in A:1, address in B:1 city in C:1, zip in D:1 and phone in E:1. I have about 1,500 files s the Macro would have to move down and repeat the process. Also, since A:2 contains the full address, the macro should also brea apart this information so that the city, state and zip is in its ow field. I may need two separate macros to accomplish this. Does a...

Charting multiple column data
I have a sheet in Excel 2003 with a number of columns, all of which follow the same, repeated pattern: Day of week Date (dd/mm) Volume Blank column This is then repeated over each month. So, I have 4 columns for July, August, September etc. Each of the months have their own individual line chart, showing date / volume. What I want to do is display a month on month, running total chart, i.e. the one line chart that shows all volumes to date. However, I can't get this done the way my data is stored. If I select multiple columns as my source data, the sheet shows the one line for each ...

Text as Pivot Data Field
Excel defines pivot a data field as "usually contains numeric data, such as statistics or sales amounts, but it can also contain text. Data from a data field is summarized in the data area of a PivotTable or PivotChart report." I have a Pivot Table containing: 1 Row Field called: Name 1 Column Field called: Date 3 Data Field (2 numeric, 1 Text) Everything comes in great except the text field is zero. I'm guessing the reason is because the Pivot is forcing me to perform a "Sumarize As" function like count, sum, ... How can i get the text in too? Is there a wa...

Attachment data type
I haven't use the attachement data type before. I set up a field in my BE tables as an attachment data type. I placed this field in my FE form, but when I right click on the field the "Manage Attachments" and all other options on the shortcut menu are greyed out. Any ideas? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Delete the attached table in the front end. Compact. The attach the table again. Attachments are multi-valued fields, and use a super-hidden link table that's not visible anywhere in the database. The link data doesn't have this ...

How to create a dynamic chart using data from every 7th data row
I have a spreadsheet of with multiple rows of data based on dates. I need to build a dynamic chart that only uses data from every 7th row. To date all I have been able to find is going through the whole spreadsheet and marking data in every seventh row. Any suggestions Here's one way: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209#jon024 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ "Ralph" <Ralph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A82A2E2...

updating data in a pivot tables
I write new data to a sheet in a spreadsheet from Access that varies i size that is the source for a pivot table in the same spreadsheet. Whe I go to refresh the data in the pivot table I have this problem, sometimes all the new data won't show up or I'll get an error about an overlapping pivot table. Any ideas for a fix -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'd use a dynamic range name. Debra Dalgleish has some instructions for this at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic And Chip Pearson's notes: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/named.htm "...

How can i stop same data being repeated in a column
I have a list of contract numbers relating to application numbers or payments. they are in the format nnnnnnan or nnnnnnpn. The columns are fixed to this format only. If they are entered with the a or p in the wrong place or if they have been left out completely an error message will appear to alert the user. I want to know how to alert the user if they enter an application or a payment number that has already been entered. ie if they enter 022079a4 but that same application has been entered else where in the column. Hope you can help Ru Hello See Chip Pearson's http://www.cpearson....