Customizing warning message sent when mailbox has reached certain size.

Hi All,
Just wondering if there is a way to customize the warning
message that Exchange sends when a user has reached a
limit?

Currently we have the warning message sent @ 200 MB but
actual send/receive is stopped @ 300 MB.

The message sent by Exchange is confusing in that it tells
the user that they have reached a limit when in actuality
we only want to give them a warning that they are getting
close to the limit...

Hope that makes sense ;-)

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thnx.

Tom

0
anonymous (74722)

no way to do this without hiring Microsoft Consulting Services...

"Tom Kostis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
> Just wondering if there is a way to customize the warning
> message that Exchange sends when a user has reached a
> limit?
>
> Currently we have the warning message sent @ 200 MB but
> actual send/receive is stopped @ 300 MB.
>
> The message sent by Exchange is confusing in that it tells
> the user that they have reached a limit when in actuality
> we only want to give them a warning that they are getting
> close to the limit...
>
> Hope that makes sense ;-)
>
> Any help would be much appreciated!
>
> Thnx.
>
> Tom

0
susan7353 (1225)
12/31/2003 5:01:36 PM
Hi Susan,
Thnx for your response.
Does MS simply not provide documentation on making said
change?  I'm just trying to understand why we would need
to hire MS consulting services.  I believe we have capable
employees who could make the change if doc. was available.

Happy New Year!

0
anonymous (74722)

Restore Mailboxe
Hi to all is there any way to restore from database a mailbox in exchange2003 that was deleted ? thanks Assuming you have backups look at the recovery storage groups http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ue2k3rsg.mspx simon "Microsoft" <essam@bk.co.il> wrote in message news:OQOsck1mGHA.4216@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi to all > > is there any way to restore from database a mailbox in exchange2003 that > was deleted ? > > > thanks > ...

custom entity + linking contact
Hi, I am new to the CRM product. And have a few questions...... I know that in 3.0 you can create custom entity, but can you link your custom entity to other entity such as contact/account? In defining the custom entity, there's a relationship field and mapping field. What are they exactly? When/How do you define a relationship/mapping? Thanks, Jane You can create relationships to other entities when you create a new custom entity in 3.0. I believe that you can also establish if the new custom entity maps up to an existing entity, or receives mapped info from an existing entity. -...

Shared Mailbox Folders
Is there anyway to automatically share a new users mailbox folder with teh administrator. I want to be able to interogate any users mailbox as the administrator user OS = SBS 2003 Prem Many thanks Dave On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 12:51:02 -0800, dpnews <dpnews@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there anyway to automatically share a new users mailbox folder with teh >administrator. >I want to be able to interogate any users mailbox as the administrator user > >OS = SBS 2003 Prem > >Many thanks >Dave I think this is what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/82...

error message #41
When I try to resolve items on my handheld I get an error message 80004005 that says they cannot be written to microsoft outlook due to error 80004005. It will sync but then everything stays as unresolved. When I try to save info in outlook it says it cannot be saved.So I am sure the problem is with outlook but how to find it? ...

Attachments in e-mail sent to many users
Hello All I am trying to find out how to send an e-mail attachment to a lot of different contacts in CRM 3.0. We were told there was a way but the instructions don't work. The e-mail goes to all the receipents but no attachment is every sent. Can someone please give me directions on how this is done. -- Thanks ...

custom labels
When designing/modifying a label the wizard should allow you to hide objects/fields based upon another fields value For Example. If I want to print labels for the shelf.... Retail Price:4.99 Sale Price: 0.00 Since there is no sale price or the sale does not apply to a particular schedule The sale price: 0.00 should not print. Can I modify label formats with crystal reports, to offer advanced functionallity? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree...

unable to receive email from a certain user
I have a problem where I am not receiving email from a certain user within our organization. I am able to receive all other mail, from other users, but when this user sends me mail.. I never get it. It shows as sent from the sender, and I dont have any rules in place that would be moving it from the inbox. Any thoughts?! Please help!! -Justin is the user able to reply to mail sent 'from' you? have they got the correct spelling of your name etc? "Justin" <jhenretta@pwlink.com> wrote in message news:066801c3aeed$4bd6db00$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I have a problem wh...

Saving a Custom Color Palette
I would like to save customized color palettes for workbooks involved with image editing. Is there a way to do this in XL2000 other than defining a palette in a specific workbook... that's ok, but if you do a reset you loose your custom job! ? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Bob, > >If you setup the custom palette with a new workbook open, and then save the >workbook as Book.xlt in the Excel startup directory, it will be with you >forever. > >-- > HTH > > ------- > > Bob Phillips > ... looking out across Poole Harbour to t...

New Views are not displaying Customized calculated fields value
I created a new view based on some native fields along with some custom fields. None of the custom field values are calculating and showing up in the view: The custom fields do not seem to be complicated. here they are Earned Work hours = INT([Work]/60)*([Physical % Complete]/100) Productivity = IIf([Actual Work]=0,0,([Earned Work Hours]/([Actual Work]/60))*100) WorkHours Forecast = IIf([Actual Work]=0,([Work]/60),([Work]/60)/([Productivity]/100)) The view is set at the Security Category of "My Projects" Thanks, I am assuming that you have this problem in P...

Mailbox deletion in 2003
I have deleted and purged a users mailbox owing to corruption..ie not being able to set permissions for other users to access their calandar. I have created and applied against an existing user and have imported their messages ok. They can send and receive ok...But!!! Any messages before I deleted mailbox now come back as undeliveable..cannot find recipient. If outside users reply to them. How can I set the mailbox to recongnise incoming messages from replies. MAny thanks Sounds like the SMTP address isn't the same. For internal replies, failures would be caused by the legacyEchan...

Problem creating new mailbox
Hello, I'm trying to create a new mailbox, I've done this tons of times but this time I'm getting a problem. I created the user and then the respective mailbox with no problems. I then went to the users properties to create e email address, choose SMTP and inserted the address with no problems. The other times after some seconds exchange would automatically create de X400 Address but this time it doesn't, the user won't appear in the global address list and when I configure Outlook 2003 and click "check name" it says it cannot find the user. Last friday I cr...

How do I stop an outbound message (now sending) that is too big
How do I stop an outbound message (now sending) that is too big -- RichW Select outlook offline and wait 5 min. See http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/stuck_message.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM Poll: What version of Outlook do you use? http://forums.slipstick.co...

Saving messages other than in formats given? i.e., rtf or pdf (html with complete pictures)
I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics groups. In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve graphics that explain or illustrate the text. O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out of both formats, of course. The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming considering the number of messages I recv that I ...

Custom Brochure and Full Bleed
Is it possible to create a custom brochure with a full complete bleed for final litho printing or a clear smooth finish? What type of finish is the OneCare brochures you see in the stores? That was done with Publisher I am told and has a full bleed. I would like to create a custom brochure from blank but do not know the size I need for a three panel brochure that is similar to the exact look and feel of my website. How do I create the size, what DPI do I need for a full bleed in Publisher using the pictures I have from my website for a clear, smooth finish as for example, the OneCare b...

Changing Text Box Size and Location on a form, at run time with Access Xp
Hello All, Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on a form at run time, by Drag and drop or resizing borders using the mouse events. (Just like the design mode but the user will use it at run time on form view). Thanks in advance... You should be able to resize in your code if necessary. Me.control.Visible = True Me.control.Height = 1000 Me.control.Width = 1000 Don't forget to set them back when you are done. "Developer" wrote: > Hello All, > Is it possible to change the size of the text box (or any other control) on > a ...

Broke mail
Whats causing this ? only thing in the event viewer is Event Type: Warning Event Source: Marc3Host Event Category: None Event ID: 6204 Date: 21/02/2007 Time: 17:54:30 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXX Description: Plugin DSScheduler reports exception. Data Sources: Builder failed. Additional info: Could not resolve url For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. been trying to remove a 2007 server but its infected everything it seems Marc3Host? What's that? You've probably got something else installed on the Exchange server....

How do I stop saving attachments with sent mail?
I have many >5 Mb attachments in my sent mail and archive sent mail folders. As I understand it there is no facility to afterwards strip the attachment but keep the mail. So how do I change my Outlook 2003 settings so that I do not save the attachment when sending mail? regards, Beemer To strip the attachment open the message from your Sent Items folder rightclick the attachment and choose Remove. Save and close the message. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Se...

want certain junk mail to auto go into junk folder
want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. Bufilly wrote: > want to receive certain mail but have it automatically go into my junk folder > instead of having to move it manually after I've already read it. Want > Outlook to recognize the sender and put it in junk. What Outlook can do depends on which version you are using but didn't bother to identify. You could use the Blocked Senders blacklist....

Search for Contacts Created by or Modified by a certain individual
When I open a contact I can see at the bottom a "Last Modified by" with the name of the individual who modified the contact. I would like to be able to search and find all of the contacts modified by a certain individual. I cannot find a "Last Modified by" field. I can find "Created" and "Modified" but those appear to be date fields. ...

Error When Creating E-mail Message
I posted this earlier and never got an answer.. I updated the windows updates for Office and ever since have been getting an error message when I attempt to create a new email message. A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook, Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose "No". Allow access for x minute (in box) -------------------------------------------------------- I have done the following: 1. Checked for a virus. I don't have any. 2. I have re-installed office over top of itself. That ...

Windows update error message (with a question and a fix)
I have a client which is having a problem running Windows Update on a Windows SBS 2003 everytime I click on Windows Update after 10secs it comes back with a message "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" tried google to find a fix but everything I've tried does not seem to work. So today I decided to ghost the sever drive on to a old 80GB to have a backup just incase something happens it took 30mins to ghost then I tried booting from the new drive to see if it would boot and was all good. The funny thing is that when it booted I tried Windows Update and it w...

Error message when starting Outlook 2003
New office, new desk, newer computer that is supposed to be better... but every time I start Outlook I get the following error message: The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\PWEXCHEXT32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Detect and repair doesn't resolve the problem. Really. We tried twice. There's no information that I can find on this in the MS Knowledge Base. Our "Nick Burns Your Company's Computer Guy's" solution for the problem is to ignore it. But the problem is jus...

Public folder for storing e-mail message
Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public folder to an external address automatically. How do I set this up. Any help will be appreciated. "Dipti" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003 server, Outlook 2002 client. I want to set up a mail enabled public folder to store all e-mail addressed for > customer support group. I also want to be able to forward e-mails from this public fol...

Excel should allow you to change custom colours more easily
Dear Microsoft... With other office products you can change the custom colours very easily, with excel you have to go into tools, then options, then change the colours... Please make it as easy as the other office products. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the ...

Shaing a Mailbox between several users
Hi everybody, I have a small problem. I need to share a mailbox between several users which are dedicated to supervision tasks. I can create a generic account let's put "supers" and then add the account to everyone's Outlook, but this un avoidably asks for the password of the mailbox. What I want is to know if I can use a security group to give access to the mailbox to all the users in a way that no password is requested. I think a good set of permission would do that, but I don't know were to start. Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 Thanks in advance. Rev...