Customize Mailbox limit message in exchange 2000

can someone tell me how to customize the message that is sent out when a user
reaches their mailbox limit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Get the "Quota Message Service for Exchange" from www.gotdotnet.com.
Instructions are in the package.

http://www.gotdotnet.com/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=b82dabfa-8353-472c-b82b-1423263ab1bb

"Mark Alejandro" <MarkAlejandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can someone tell me how to customize the message that is sent out when a
> user
> reaches their mailbox limit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
fullbrij1 (373)
1/25/2006 3:26:45 PM
i tried the setup...but setup failed....is any other way....

"John Fullbright" wrote:

> Get the "Quota Message Service for Exchange" from www.gotdotnet.com.
> Instructions are in the package.
>
> http://www.gotdotnet.com/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=b82dabfa-8353-472c-b82b-1423263ab1bb
>

> "Mark Alejandro" <MarkAlejandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > can someone tell me how to customize the message that is sent out when a
> > user
> > reaches their mailbox limit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

When you go to the workspace on gotdotnet, click the "Message board" link.

>i tried the setup...but setup failed....is any other way....
>
> "John Fullbright" wrote:
>
>> Get the "Quota Message Service for Exchange" from www.gotdotnet.com.
>> Instructions are in the package.
>>
>> http://www.gotdotnet.com/Workspaces/Workspace.aspx?id=b82dabfa-8353-472c-b82b-1423263ab1bb
>>

>> "Mark Alejandro" <MarkAlejandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> > can someone tell me how to customize the message that is sent out when
>> > user
>> > reaches their mailbox limit.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
fullbrij1 (373)

Limiting Printing to certain sheets...
I have a 7-sheet workbook that I want to print, but one of the sheets I don't want printed. It must stay visible, so hiding it is not an option. I can make the print area a blank cell, but this prints a blank page, also not good. What can I do? for each ws in worksheets if ws.name <>"dontprintthisone" then ws.printout next "Steve Hillin" <stevehillin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:d0d78710.0311060818.2d46ee42@posting.google.com... > I have a 7-sheet workbook that I want to print, but one of the sheets > I don't want printed. It must stay ...

General Exchange Maintenance
I'm running an Exchange 2003 cluster and I'm wondering if there are some general maintenance practices I should be following. I'm relatively new to Exchange and I'm not sure if there's something I should be doing periodically to keep things running smoothly. Any help would be great, thanks. Hi, Make sure that the backup is performed daily, monitor the event logs and disk space and Exchange should work. Also read this: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/OperationsGuide/ef3cf808-e046-494a-9e0c-b29e551c9e4c.mspx?mfr=true Leif "Stephan&...

How to create a CEdit custom Scroll bar
Good morning developers. I am currently almost halfway developping a custom scroll bar for a CEdit control. My problem is that it almost works ok in Debug mode but it is unacceptable in release mode. Is there any trails I should look into on how to properly skin a CEdit control Scroll bar. The way I did it is I disabled the scroll bar in the MFC UI designer and I am painting a scroll bar in the NC Area. Is this the proper way to do It? I cought almost all the message to drag the thum, and the mouse wheel and auto moving the thumb if the view is scrolled when typing. Currently I am st...

Please help: Template for basic customer service/sales/reports
I want a basic CRM sales, customer service and reports, so I bought MS CRM software single license and MS SQL server. With very little Windows programming .NET and MS SQL experience, I don't think I have the time learn and develop a basic layout for sales, customer service and reports. Is there some kind of templates that I can download or purchase that come with pre-developed interfaces that I can pick from. I like the setup that comes with the demo version of MS CRM, so I'm seeking for something similar to that. Or is it better just to pay a developer to do the work for m...

Outlook 2000 and Hotmail #2
I am trying to use Outlook 2000 as my email reader (is that the right term?) for my Hotmail account, but Outlook is unable to send and recive the emails via Hotmail. The error is that it is unable to connect to the server. I am using a "always on" cable internet connection. Outlook 2000 does not support Hotmail. Outlook 2002 and later do. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google....

Mailbox locked?
Hi to you all. Look at this singular problem: I've a W2K server with SBS and Exchange 2000 working. All was ok till Fri 2nd March. >From that day, one of the 20 accounts cannot anymore read the mail in his mailbox downloaded after 2nd march. That user can make any change to his mailbox and read/copy/delete any mail older than 2nd march but does not view more recent mails, which are downloaded correctly from the external POP3 server. The dimension of his mailbox increases regularly, meaning that new mail is downloaded correctly, but he can't view it in the Inbox folder. No change...

Exchange 2003 SP2 #2
FYI, it seems E2003 SP2 will be launched sometimes in the second semester with higher database limit for Exchange Standard edition (now up to 75 GB from previously 16GB) http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/sp2/overview.mspx Yeah, the storage increase is by far the biggest deal. A 16GB storage limit has been outdated for years, even for non-enterprise-class users. I was planning to upgrade to Enterprise in a few months just to increase my mail store, but now won't need to. Assumption is that you'll still be limited to the one mail store, however, so it'll be int...

Exchange 2007
Hi, I've been doing some research into Exchange 2007 and as we know it must run on 64bit machines (so it means we must buy at least 1 new machine). As we know the servers can have many roles and you need at least 2 machines. My question is does that other server have to be 64 bit as well - so will i need 2 new 64bit machines? My other question is does anyone have any suggestion on what Server specs to be looking at? I have looked but i just get bamboozled by the options available. We only buy DELL as well so suggestions around those would be great - and with what roles each serve...

Custom Menu's
I just installed Office 2003, I had the file with the custom menu setting in Excel 97. Does somebody know what is the file used by 2003 to keeps the menu settings. Thanks Hi Fgomez, > Does somebody know what is the file used by 2003 to keeps the menu > settings. > Excel11.xlb Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP http://www.jkp-ads.com ...

Exchange 2003 sending multiple emails without senders knowledge...
We are running Exchange 2003 and it is allowing multiple emails to be sent under the name of a user without the users knowledge. In the Extended Server Usage Report I receive, they are sending mail and there is no record of it in their sent items. How do I stop it? In the last exciting episode, "bp" <bp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are running Exchange 2003 and it is allowing multiple emails to be sent under the name of a user without the users knowledge. In the Extended Server Usage Report I receive, they are sending mail and there is no record of it in their se...

Error in Exchange 2003 Creating Public folder
I am getting the following message when creating a new public folder in the exchange systems manager (V2003). "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" Facility: win32 ID No: c0072746 Exchange System Manager A few people have reported this in forums, yet no one seems to have the answer... Any ideas. Dave Hi Dave, Do you have SSL installed? Please check the settings on Default Web Site, properties, Directory security, Secure communications, Edit. Is "require client certificates" checked? Select "ignore client certificates" and restar...

Login error message #2
Hi everybody - today is a nightmare for me. Now I cant log into the company the error says 'somebody is clearning company files' ...I rebooted and that didnt help..still the same message. Nobody is logged in except me. Hi Michael Is that the exact error message? I have never seen or heard of that before. If it is not the exact message can you please post ALL of it? Thanks -- Fliehigh "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Hi everybody - today is a nightmare for me. Now I cant log into the company > the error says 'somebody is clearning company files' ...I...

OL 2000 using DL in a filter to forward email 2nd request
I am trying to detect if an email is from a member of a DL, and if so then forward the email to another address. I get the following error when I use the DL in the filter (people or distribution list): 'Recruiters' is a personal distribution list that may not be used with this feature. Would you like to use the individual members of 'Recruiters' instead? Whether I click OK or Cancel the members of 'Recruiters' are not copied in. Using Outlook in non-corporate mode. Paul ...

Exchange 2003 / OWA Errors
We are in the process of migrating our old Exchange 5.5 (SP4+ on NT4/SP6+) server to a new Exchange Server 2003 (SP1 on Windows Server 2003/all hotfixes to-date aplpied). OWA does not work at all. Symptoms: 1) http://<exchange-server-2003>/exchange returns HTTP error 404 (not found) 2) Event Viewer (Application Log) shows: { Event ID: 1040, Source: MSExchangeMU, Type: Warning Description: Metabase Update failed replication 5 times with error 80070490 (Element not found.). Please change the diagnostic logging level of MSExchangeMU to 'minimum' or ...

Problems with downloading in POP3 in Exchange 2003
We have user who is using a POP3 client on a MAC which download mails from a exchange 2003 server. The exchange 2003 server has a POP3 server setup. The problem for the user is that when they download their messages it downloads all its message and the user only wants to download its unread messages. Is there an option we can set on the exchange 2003 server POP3 or is this a client setting. We can set the client to delete emails on server after downloading but we would rather not have this option. Is it by default that with exchange2003 POP3 when you download message it downloads all...

Disappearing e-mail messages
I am running MIcrosoft Server 2003, with Exchange 2003. I have 1 user account that every few days has his inbox cleared of all e-mail messages. I have reinstalled Outlook with no help. This only happens on 1 account so I am pretty baffled. Has anyone seen anything like this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Mark. In news:9BDFCA38-3408-46A7-BFA1-4C09CA7B6929@microsoft.com, Mark Howell <MarkHowell@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am running MIcrosoft Server 2003, with Exchange 2003. > > I have 1 user account that every few days has his inbox cleared of all > ...

THIS MESSAGE HAS NOT BEEN SENT
I very often sent articles to people in my address book. If I send an article and then decide I need to send it, or another article from the same source, to someone else, when I click the mail button I get a yellow bar with a whit "i" in a navy circle and the notice "This message has not been sent" I must totally shut down my source and/or reboot in order to send it again. HELP ...

Automatically generate email message with timed send
I have a list of contacts that I want to send reminder emails to at scheduled times as per event times drawing from a spreadsheet. The following are fields in my spreadsheet. Name Email Subject Comment Schedule date/time How would I use the fields as source for my mail merge and the schedule date/time to "delay" sending the email? I haven't written a macro for a few years now and can't seem to remember anything. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. Steven ...

Exchange 2003 on SBS 2003
Hi all, I am using Exchange 2003 on s SBS2003 machine, connecting via POP3 Connector. The connector works fine, but from time to time, it does not deliver some email and it even does not report the message. I can see in the log that the email was downloaded, deleted from the provider's mailbox, but it is not delivered. Even the mailbox, where all the undeliverable mails should be going is emty. If the same sander sends the email again, it is delivered. This happens let's say to every 100's email. Any idea where can be the problem? I have already disabled the automatic shield on my ...

Customer record count query
Hi everbody - I am struggling here - I need a query showing the number of customers that I have and also a record count as well. The result should look like this for eg> name address city state phone mary 555 main st miami florida 2015551212 henry 896 mott st orlando florida 201777888 total records = 2 select custname, address1, city, state, phone from RM00101 Compute count(*) -- Charles Allen, MVP "Michael@nyresume.com" wrote: > Hi everbody - > I am struggling here - I need a query showing the number of customers that I > h...

Exchange 5.5 problem with missing MX
Hi, We're still using an Exchange 5.5 server SP2 and i'm running into a problem. When i try to send mail to a domain that has no MX record the mail will stay in the queue with the message [network error during host resolution]. According to the RFC974 when there's no MX record, the server should try to send to the A record (wich is available by the way). It seems that Exchange 5.5 doesn't do this. Is this a known problem with the Exchange 5.5 IMC? Regards, Barry Barry Vredevoort <barry.vredevoort@artesia.nl> wrote: >We're still using an Exchange 5.5 server...

Local Exchange users not receiving mail #2
Outlook IS our email client, SMTP is the protocol, Outlook is in the Corp/Workgroup mode, MS Exchange Server Service was installed on the Outlook client through Tools|Services|Add. The Outlook client found the Exchange Server and underlined the aliases without incident. Internal email is pretty much like a message service within the domain. It is not Internet based. It does not use IIS. Yeah, how _do_ you know if you're sending? Can people send to themselves? Just a wild guess, but maybe you need to tweak your RUP to correct the SMTP addresses due to some DNS thing. What abou...

NTbackup and mailboxes on 5.5
Hello, Trying to backup our mail system with the windows native ntbackup. I was able to select the exchange store and directory... did not see any object for mailboxes. Any help or advise here is greatly welcome. TIA, Gary Gary, When backing up the information store you are backing up all mailboxes. Unless you are using a third party backup solution you cannot select individual mailboxes. This is one very big disadvantage the native ntbackup has. In order to restore 1 mailbox the entire store needs to be restored. Its probably not the answer you hoped to hear, sorry. Darrin "Gary&q...

How to save message to readonly file
How to save my email message to readonly file, so that noone can edit the message content? Not possible if you mean you want to send it that way. Email is not secure. If you want to save an existing message, try a PDF writer...not 100% foolproof, but will stop most people. Christina wrote: > How to save my email message to readonly file, so that > noone can edit the message content? ...