Customise Auto-reolution of users/addresses in GAL

Hi

Situation
Exchange Server 2003, User using the to: field to type only first names and let's Exchange resolve it. One of the users he often emails to is named John Wood

Problem
added new user Tim Johnson. When he types "John; Jeff..." John is not resolved to John Wood anymore but gets underlined in green. Customer finds it anoying to have to click the underlined user and select the right one... "If I want Mr johnson, I will type in Tim, but when I type John he does not have to think Johnson, but John".... Hard customer zo pls hel

0
anonymous (74722)

"ezjurgen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Situation:
>Exchange Server 2003, User using the to: field to type only first names and let's Exchange resolve it. One of the users he often emails to is named John Wood.
>
>Problem:
>added new user Tim Johnson. When he types "John; Jeff..." John is not resolved to John Wood anymore but gets underlined in green. Customer finds it anoying to have to click the underlined user and select the right one... "If I want Mr johnson, I will type in Tim, but when I type John he does not have to think Johnson, but John".... Hard customer zo pls help

I don't think you can narrow that search down as it's drawn from the
display name field. The user either needs to type John W;Jeff, in
which case the details will be right.
Alternatively, what client is he using? You may find that the NK2 file
is not working properly. In OL2002/3, as he types an addressee, he
should get an automatic dropdown of the addresses he's used
previously.
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=True&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&Product=&KeywordType=ALL&Titles=false&numDays=&maxResults=25&Queryl=Nk2&Query=Nk2&QuerySource=gsfxSearch_Query&srchExtraQry=
for help on the NK2 file

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/12/2004 9:24:40 AM
Also see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243311

ezjurgen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Situation:
> Exchange Server 2003, User using the to: field to type only first names and let's Exchange resolve it. One of the users he often emails to is named John Wood.
>
> Problem:
> added new user Tim Johnson. When he types "John; Jeff..." John is not resolved to John Wood anymore but gets underlined in green. Customer finds it anoying to have to click the underlined user and select the right one... "If I want Mr johnson, I will type in Tim, but when I type John he does not have to think Johnson, but John".... Hard customer zo pls help

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
5/12/2004 11:54:21 AM
"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote:

>Also see
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;243311
>
>ezjurgen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Situation:
>> Exchange Server 2003, User using the to: field to type only first names and let's Exchange resolve it. One of the users he often emails to is named John Wood.
>>
>> Problem:
>> added new user Tim Johnson. When he types "John; Jeff..." John is not resolved to John Wood anymore but gets underlined in green. Customer finds it anoying to have to click the underlined user and select the right one... "If I want Mr johnson, I will type in Tim, but when I type John he does not have to think Johnson, but John".... Hard customer zo pls help

I'm not sure this would be any good. I found the article earlier and
looked for the given name to restrict the search to given name only.
The setting is already 5 which kinda took the wind out of the sales to
my way of thinking.
it would be good if you wanted to add an attribute to searching, but
not to restrict the current settings to effectively remove the
surname, display name & nickname from the search list.
I might be reading it all wrong though, wouldn't be the first time!

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP,
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm
Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.uk
0
mark7219 (5666)

Adding address to Outlook from Web
I search for phone numbers on the web, like InfoSpace White Pages/Yellow Pages, MSN, etc... and when the name, address and phone number would come up, there would be an icon that read "Add to Outlook", I would click that and it would create a "vcf" file, then I would save to Desktop and then import into Outlook. I can't find that feature anymore. I've tried several phone number look up web pages. Anyone know of a web page that offers the "Add to Outlook"? That makes it handy to add addresses to my contacts folder. Thanks! DAvid ----------------------...

Custom address list and OU members
How can i make an query based adress lists of all users placed in an specific Organization Unit. Jens Erik You'll have to come with another identifier to add to each AD object within the OU. For example, set a common value for dept then base the LDAP filter on that value. Nue "Jens Erik" <Jens Erik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9F426F8-8BBA-46CF-8BC5-F9C960A07D87@microsoft.com... > How can i make an query based adress lists of all users placed in an > specific > Organization Unit. > > Jens Erik Is'nt there any attribute whi...

Out of Office Replies Only Work for Some Users
Hi We're running Exchange Server 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003. A few users have set their Out of Office, but it does not work for all these users. When emailing two users from an external account, one responds, the other does not. The messages arrive in both recipients' mailboxes, but I only receive one OOO reply to the external account. The Message Tracking Centre shows just the one OOO being sent. Any ideas as to why only some mailboxes can send Out of Office? The same server has trouble sending rules, which I have posted separately, as the two problems may not be link...

non admin user cannot use application #2
after installing office 2004 via the installer as an admin user in Tiger and Panther the users on the machine that do not have admin status cannot access <use> the applications. The microsoft office folder and sub folders have a red minus sign which means access privileges are denied. G5 Panther and Tiger Dual boot Multi user Machine plenty o RAM Standard Users should not have a problem at all. Try repairing permissions. If you are deliberately creating users that are more limited than the default Standard user, check the permissions on the app folder. You may find this thread usef...

Moving some users to new mailbox database fails
A new client of mine runs Exchange 2007 Standard SP1 on a single server. Today their Information Store shutdown due to being over 250GB in size (300GB to be exact). The site has 120 users and do not want to be limited on email storage space. We created a new Database and tried moving seven users over. Only four moved successfully. The other three genereated events: 9660, 1022, 8507, and 1008. The users mailbox size varies from 1.5GB to 4.5GB. For troubleshooting, I have already verified the account I'm using has FullAccess permissions to the account. I've also verifie...

GAL View
How do i restrict view access to only few users for a mail enabled group in the GAL. I don't want to hide the group from GAL. This would not be easy. You could try restricting who has access to read the group in active directory and see if this flows through. If you don't like changing the permissions in AD then look at placing it in a special address list container and securing access to the container. remember in this situation you will need to exclude the address list from the GAL, Offline address book, and any default address list (ie All Groups that it might appear in). Not an e...

Shared folder called address
I have found a shared folder on my root directory called Address. inside it has some sub folders, in the subfolders there are some dll's, the dll's properties say they are from Microsoft and or exchange. I assume that this is some sort of address book publishing but not sure. Is this normal or I this some sort of back door for spam? any ideas? On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 11:48:28 +0800, "Slim" <me@here.com> wrote: >I have found a shared folder on my root directory called Address. inside it >has some sub folders, in the subfolders there are some dll's, the dl...

Deleting a User from CRM 08-29-06
HI I want to delete a User from CRM. How do I go about doing this? Could you please help me? What I had done is, I deleted the User from Active Directory Users But still the User is shown in Microsoft CRM Deployment Manager- User Manager List. Hi, as far as I know you can not delete a user with any means of the CRM. The only option is to deactivate the user. However, you can try to delete the user directly on the database. Best regards, Stefan Sachs "rajat kalia" wrote: > HI > I want to delete a User from CRM. How do I go about doing this? Could you > please hel...

Form Field
I do inspection work on submarines that must be documented. Each Boat has it own ID code that I would like to appear in another are of the form based on what boat I select from a Form filed drop down list. Please see the attachment: Block one I select a boat in the drop down. In block 2 I would like the first 5 numbers to automatically appear based on the selection in block 1. Currently they are in matching order but it is easy to mis-select the wrong 5 digit number if you are not careful or familiar with the layout. I have no preference for how its done, just that it works....

Outlook 98 with Domain need to auto start and login
I need a method to start outlook 98 on reboot and have it login into the network and if possible hide the folder. This is an alarm sending pc with windows 2k and we use outlook for the email piece and need to make sure that outlook is started and logged in so that alarms can be sent out. The alarms are critical and if a reboot occurs off hours this needs to auto start. thanks in advance ...

Problem with Mailbox Storage Limits
Ok... here is one that is bugging the hell out of me. I have a EVS server called NYMAIL1. In the mailbox store properties under Limits, I set up a Prohibit Send at 125000 (kb). I have no other settings for warning or prohibit send/receive. I have a user John that likes to have a large email mailbox. I set up on his ADUC account under Exchange General / Storage Limits... a Prohibit Send setting of 800000 (kb). I have prohibit send/received unchecked and send warning unchecked. I also have use mailbox store limits unchecked for his mailbox. John's mailbox is currently 575...

block receipt from specific external address and forward to another user
My company is looking to block all users from receiving emails from a specific email address and then forward those messages to 1 specific address. Is this possible directly from Exchange? If so, how? If not, any 3rd party utils? Thanks On 18 Nov 2005 14:24:08 -0800, "adam" <elcracko@gmail.com> wrote: >My company is looking to block all users from receiving emails from a >specific email address and then forward those messages to 1 specific >address. Is this possible directly from Exchange? If so, how? If not, >any 3rd party utils? > >Thanks Exchange will d...

Company Name Sort
Is there any way to sort the list of companies in the User Access Setup window? I forgot to mention that this is a GP 9.0 environment. "GJohnsonTenaska" wrote: > Is there any way to sort the list of companies in the User Access Setup window? Only by initially creating the companies in the desired order. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "GJohnsonTenaska" wrote: > I forgot to mention that this is a GP 9.0 enviro...

Outlook Express Address Book Failure
Following uninstallation and reinstallation from Win ME Upgrade CD, all of my email contacts disappeared. No doubt, they must reside somewhere within my PC. Can anone assist in locating the supporting data and direct me toward recovery and reinstatement into my Address Book? Thanks! Allan This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an outlook express news group. Try posting in on...

Problems importing addresses from Xcel to Word for printing label.
I have created a basic client database in xcel with column 1 being name, coumn 2 begin address, and column 3 being phone number. I want to import the names and address to word to print address labels. I go throught the mail merge process and when I get to the end all the labels on the page just say "Next Record". No info at all from my xcel sheet. See if it helps using these instructions instead http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) &qu...

MODIFYING DEFAULT ADDRESS BOOK
Hello. I have a number (roughly 2000) of Exchange users that I do not want to show in the Global Address List (temporarily). Rather than go one by one and hide each form the global address list, I wanted to modify, or create a new global address list. The problem is, when I create a new address list with a new filter, my Outlook users still get the default address book. How can I fix this? Thanks for the help. First, a little scripting can probably assist with the Hide from Address Book. Second, you have to change the rights on the Default GAL for who can see it. Now, for Outlook ...

Global Address Book Permissions for Users
Is there a way to adjust rights in Exchange 2003 or on a user's Active Directory Network profile so that users can add additional information to their own global address book entry, such as phone numbers or addresses? Thanks, Joe Take a look at this article: http://mcpmag.com/columns/article.asp?EditorialsID=873 HTH Ilse "Joe Daddy" <JoeDaddy@PimpBitch.org> wrote in message news:uqjG0AHaFHA.3596@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to adjust rights in Exchange 2003 or on a user's Active > Directory Network profile so that users can add additional infor...

Bug in XML signature??? Are there users than CAN answer????
Hi, I already posted two items - but no one seems to have the knowledge to help me out... In the mean time I found out the following: My existing signatures are testet using SignedXml sXml = new SignedXml(licenses); sXml.LoadXml(signature); RSA csp = RSA.Create(); csp.FromXmlString(context.GetSavedLicenseKey(typeof(MyLicense), Assembly.GetCallingAssembly())); sXml.SigningKey = csp; if (sXml.CheckSignature()) m_SignatureState = Signature.Valid; else ...

How to turn off auto format phone no's in outlook Bracket+dash
When adding phone no's in Outlook contacts, they auto format with brackets for the first two numbers as for area code and then dash in the middle of the numbers. How can that be turned off ? My country settings are for Australia. I have tried formatting options in outlook as described in knowledgebase, but nothing seems to make a difference. Thanks Masking of phone numbers in Outlook is hard coded and not subject to user control. In some later versions, masking is turned off if you set a <null> dialing location for your entire operating system, but that's hardly a practica...

Auto save in excel 2000 keeps reverting to 10 minutes
I keep trying to change the time between auto-saves to 30 minutes, but every time I reopen excel 2000 it is back to 10 minutes. How do I get this change to be permanent? Thanks. Create a workbook with this code in a general module: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() On Error Resume Next Workbooks("autosave.xla").Excel4IntlMacroSheets("Loc Table") _ .Range("ud01n.Frequency1").Value = 10 If Err.Number <> 0 Then MsgBox "Timer not changed!" Err.Clear End If On Error GoTo 0 'ThisWorkbook.Close SaveChanges:=False ...

share GAL between 2003 exch servers
Hello, I have two companies with win2003 server and exchange 2003 server. they are both working fine. Now i want in company A the global address list from company B so that the users just can click a name and send an e-mail to the user of the other company. I thought i could do this with InterOrg but interorg only replicates public folders and free/busy info. How can i do this for my global address list ? regards, Phil MIIS + the Feature Pack is Microsoft solution. Other products such as SimpleSynch would do the same for you. Al "phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

How to change user name and password in ODBC connection
My data is in sql2k server and my users access information or running report thru Microsoft Access 2003. Whenever they run the report, it gives them error. So they have to uncheck the trusted connection and enter sql username and password to get to the data. I do I configure and where should I change so user dont have you do this. It is irritation. I have one user name and password which is set for readonly in sql. I dont see any place that I can save this username and password. I would really appreciate if you kindly help me. Thanks ...

Users unable to connect to CRM 4.0
Yesterday we did a fresh install of CRM because we were having issues getting outlook 07 integration working. After the install all seemed well from my pc, I can log into the web app as well as through outlook. But none of the other users are able to do so, when going to the website the username password boxes come up, which they shoudlnt, and you finally get a 410 unauthorized area, i also logged in from my account that works on another client machine and i get the same error. Any suggestions? Thank you Add CRM URL to IE Local Intranet zone "Heath" <Heath@discussions...

SMTP address #2
Hi, I'm using SBS2003 with Exchange and a POP3 e-mail account which is hosted externally. I'm not sure why but 2 of the users have old employee smtp settings. (I'm using Outlook 2003) So I went to the user accounts in AD went to the E-mail Address settings tab and changed the smtp to the right user account. The problem is when I go to a w/s and send an e-mail to either of the users it gets kicked back, so I looked at the properties within Outlook and I see the old smtp settings, is there someplace else I need to change the settings at? Hope I covered eveything, thanks Craig ...

stop auto fill from thinking for itself!!!!!!!
I have Office 2003. I figure an example will make things easier. I want B5 to =A5*A1, B6 to =A6*A1, B7 to =A7*A1, and so on. When I try to auto fill I can't keep the formula refering to cell A1. It automatically goes to A2 then A3, etc. How can I use the auto fill function to fill in a range of cells which all refer back to one common cell? Use $A$1 instead of A1. This creates an "absolute reference". If you wanted just the column to stay at A, you would use $A1. If you wanted just the row to stay at 1, you would use A$1. For your purposes: =A5*$A$1 can be copied d...