Custom recipients to deliver mail from 5.5 Org to 2003 Org

Hi I need some help setting up co-existence between and
Exchange 5.5 Org and an Exchange 2003 Org.

The two Organisations are connected via X400 (with the
address space for the 2003 Org domain) and this is working
fine, with message flow in both directions. There is no
replication or provisioning taking place between the two
Orgs as this is not required. All mail to other Exchange
sites or internet domains is being routed through the 5.5
gateway at another site.

What we are trying to do is to deliver mail to both the
5.5 mailboxes and for this mail to then also be delivered
to the 2003 mailboxes via custom recipients set up on the
5.5 mailboxes. Mail is being delivered fine to the 5.5
mailboxes as usual, however the mail is not being
forwarded to the 2003 Org via the custom recipient/X400
connector.. sometimes the messages bounce, sometimes they
just seem to disappear into the ether. Has anyone got any
ideas? The custom recipients are set up fine, and have
been re-created also. The problem exists on multiple
mailboxes. Simple new messages addressed to a 2003 mailbox
are delivered successfully via the X400 connector. Help
please :-)

Thanks,

Mike
0
anonymous (74722)

So you are saying that if you select CR in E2003 org and send message to
it then it is delivered?

Mike Nelson wrote:

> Hi I need some help setting up co-existence between and
> Exchange 5.5 Org and an Exchange 2003 Org.
>
> The two Organisations are connected via X400 (with the
> address space for the 2003 Org domain) and this is working
> fine, with message flow in both directions. There is no
> replication or provisioning taking place between the two
> Orgs as this is not required. All mail to other Exchange
> sites or internet domains is being routed through the 5.5
> gateway at another site.
>
> What we are trying to do is to deliver mail to both the
> 5.5 mailboxes and for this mail to then also be delivered
> to the 2003 mailboxes via custom recipients set up on the
> 5.5 mailboxes. Mail is being delivered fine to the 5.5
> mailboxes as usual, however the mail is not being
> forwarded to the 2003 Org via the custom recipient/X400
> connector.. sometimes the messages bounce, sometimes they
> just seem to disappear into the ether. Has anyone got any
> ideas? The custom recipients are set up fine, and have
> been re-created also. The problem exists on multiple
> mailboxes. Simple new messages addressed to a 2003 mailbox
> are delivered successfully via the X400 connector. Help
> please :-)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike
0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Native Mode in Windows 2003
I am doing a test install of CRM 1.2 on a Windows 2003 environment. During the install it tells me that I must be in Native Mode. When in Administration Tools -> Active Directory Domains and Trusts and I right mouse clice and select Raise Domain Functional Level I am shown as being in Windows 2000 mixed. My choices are Windows 2000 native or Windows 2003. Which should I select? I am not an AD or Windows 2003 guru. Alan Hi Alan, This should work with both options, it all depends on your domain architecture. Do you have any other NT4 DC ? if not you can move easily to Windows 2000...

5.2.1 NDR
I have an issue with users unable to send messages to mail-enabled public folders in the same organization. Email can be sent to the public folder from outside. I found this is a pretty common issue but nothing helped resolve my issue. It appears to be fixed in SP2 however I am still having problems. I looked at the KB articles listed below and verified the Anonymous user has the appropriate rights. I see there was a hotfix in Exchange 2003 RTM and SP1. I also looked at all the AD permissions and the Exchange Enterprise Server group has permissions that was mentioned in various...

Set Default Calendar in Outlook 2003
How can I change the default calendar in Outlook 2003? I have two calendars showing. One was created when I installed Outlook. The other was created when I installed Outlook Conector and added my MSN account. I'd like to use the MSN calendar as default as it is synced to all my computers when I log on to Outlook. Thanks, Sam Your default calendar folder is always the Calendar folder in your local message store or Exchange Mailbox. You can't make the MSN one the default as far as I know "Sam Crawford" <sam@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eN531ASxFHA.612@T...

help with mail relay
Hi All I hope this is the correct group :) We have an Exchange 2000 Backend/Frontend server environment and a SMTP Gateway which relays internet mail to the backend . We have have just added a new exchange 2003 backend which we intend to move all the mail boxes from the 2000 server to. Is there a way that we can get the SMTP Gateway to relay mail to both backend servers? We need to keep the SMTP gate as we use it with GFI mail essentials. any ideas wayne Hi, Depends on the SMTP gateway, if you are using the windows version of SMTP you can't have more than one smart-host con...

Exchange 2003 OWA stopped working and DNS Events
Hi All, I am struggling with yet another Exchange 2003 problem. It has been working flawlessley for almost, nothing changed and all of a sudden quit working. When I try to open up my OWA I am getting the 503 service unavailable page. In my Event Logs, I am seeing this when I reboot the server: The dynamic registration of the DNS record '_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.ForestDnsZones.ic-MYDOMAINXXXX.us. 600 IN SRV 0 100 389 exchange.MYDOMAINXXXX.us.' failed on the following DNS server: DNS server IP address: 205.178.190.31 Returned Response Code (RCODE): 5 Returne...

Deployment Office 2003
In my organization we are going to deploy Office2003 Pro with SMS, I am using an MST file, I have some Questions:: 1. How can I config in outlook 2003 the field: SIZE in the inbox/sent items to all of my users in the deployment, Is it with OPS file and how can I do it...??? 2. In the Installation proccess : How can I make the OUTLOOK ICON appear in the desktop, not in a mode of shoutcut but in amode that I can change profile's user from it...??? 3. In the Installation Mode: How can make the CANCEL button to disapear..??? Thax OR 1) You would have to provide a script to ...

NT Backup with Exchange 2003
I am not sure whether or not my backup is actually performing. I have selected the Exchange Server to be backup up to a file, but when I go to restore, and I catalog the file and look at the Mailbox Store it reads 'no entries found'. Is this normal? This is with Server 2000 Standard and Exchange 2003 Here is what is in the log: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "Media created 7/27/2004 at 1:05 AM" Backup of "CRAZYJUMPER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup descriptio...

Office 2003 Opening a new Excel Doc.
I just updated to Office 2003 and everytime I open up a new workbook a blank workbook name PERSONAL opens as well. How do I change that from happeneing?? Thanx, Jesse Hi Jesse Window>Hide and save the personal.xls When you record a macro you have the option to save the macro in this hidden workbook so you can use the macro in all your workbooks. You can find the file in your Xlstart folder -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65505D55-31EB-4BAA-A32D-B052F70E03AD@microsoft.com... >I just...

Exchange 5.5 uninstall/retire
Hello friends: I would like to retire/decommission one of our Exchange 5.5 servers, currently this server exists in a Exchange 2003 and exchange 5.5 mixed environment (under single organization). My question is what is the best way to retire this machine, this exchange server does not have information store, and it is not the last exchange 5.5 server in the exchange organization. Thanks for your help. On Tue, 13 Sep 2005 14:14:01 -0400, "Cody" <none> wrote: >Hello friends: > >I would like to retire/decommission one of our Exchange 5.5 servers, >currently this ...

Problem moving mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000
Hi! I'm trying to move mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 using the MS ADUC. Everything works well - the wizard shows that move operation was successfull but after the move operation I've noticed that moved mailbox exists on source server and destination server. All mail messages are moved to the new server. On the source server the home server property (home-mdb) didn't change. I've tried to follow the XADM: How to Prevent Mail Loss When Move Mailbox Operation Is Unsuccessful. When I change the home-mdb and home-mta properties the account dissapears from the source...

Can I have two Internet Mail Services in one Exchange 5.5 Organiza
Hello, My current environment consists of 6 mailbox servers and one server hosting the internet mail service (Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000). I need to use one of the 6 mailbox servers for a product that will need to route outbound mail to another server for other secure outbound services while the other 5 servers route to the current internet mail service. Is this possible? Can I add a secondary internet mail service just for this one server? I am not able to find any knowledge base articles for assistance. Thanks in advance! On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:36:10 -0700, "exadm" &l...

e-mail aliases
We have 2 e-mail addresses that are user names and have to be recieved by one specific user. (info@ and help@) To do this as I understand it, We should be creating a distribution list and group in the Exchange Server 2003. I follow the steps to do this in the "How to create a distribution list (distribution group) in Exchange Server 2003" article http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821904. We name a group name infobecky and helpbecky as becky will be the one getting these mails. (We go through the steps twice once for each e-mail name). The Group Scope is set to UNIVERSAL The...

Problems during Outlook 2003 start
Greetings to Everybody I've a problem during the start of Outlook 2003: Last week I've installed and removed the program Motorola Mobile Phone Tools. Now everytime that I start outlook appears an error message about the impossibility to found a DLL called Out97.dll placed in the folde c:\programmi\mobile phone tools. In the error message is written to try to use the option "Rileva Problemi e ripristina" in the menu ?(English translation is about Find Problems and reset" but I don't think that in the English version of Outlook the menu is called like this) but if I ch...

Mailing address fields
I have 4 address fields in database But not need to use all of them every time. How can I remove (eg address2 ) and shift the other fields (eg suburb and city) up a slot . I dont want to have gaps in the address label header. There's a report wizard that will lay your address lables out correctly for you. Essentially, you set the Can Shrink property of the text box to Yes. If it is null, the text box then shrinks vertically as if it were zero-height (provided there are no other things beside it that prevent this.) The Detail section also has a Can Shink property. If you want the ...

Outlook 2003
Hi, I have recently upgrated from MS Outlook Express to MS Outlook 2003 on WinXP. Using rule based filters I want to filter my mails in different catogaries. Now the situation is I want all the mails arriving from one domain to be moved in a single floder. eg. if the mail arriave from ..yahoo.com domain it should me moved in to local yahoo folder. Is there a way to specify wildcard like *.yahoo.com or any other tweak so that I can move all the mail arriving from one domain rather then using single mail id. Regards, Ketan. You can use the condition; With specific words in the sender's ...

how do I tell excell 2003 to print sheets back to front?
In excel 97 I could tell printer to start printing from the back page to the front so the job would come off of the printer in the right order. I cannot find that command in excell 2003. Am I overlooking it, or have they changed the command convention to an obscure, hard to understand, jargon. FILE | PRINT... | Click on the PROPERTIES button | PAGE ORDER, i.e. back to front. "goochiepepper" wrote: > In excel 97 I could tell printer to start printing from the back page to the > front so the job would come off of the printer in the right order. I cannot > find that co...

Fail to deliver in time
Hi, We have all Outlook 2003 and one of the users didn't received e-mail in time and new mail notification never warned. I checked all settings comparing with different users and couldn't find anything to stoping delivering messages. He starts to use Send/Receve function in order to get all new messages. Any help? Thanks. Art. Make sure Outlook isn't placed in Offline Mode; File-> Work Offline -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- &qu...

mail merge multiple lines in an e-mail
How can I merge multiple lines from an excel document into one e-mail ? So the e-mails should be dynamical. Hi Guy, There's probably an Excel vba solution for this, but there's also a Word mailmerge/vba solution using Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility (the terminolgy depends on the Word version). To see how, check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge Tutorial at: http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107 or http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with i...

Exchange 5.5 E mail message
I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and two gets a message in those one month old E-mails; from legitimate people that says: "No Message collected". I read on the internet, that AOL Had this "No Message collected" problem. I called and talked to an AOL mail administrator and he knew nothing about this problem. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong here. TIA, Jess tsqr55@yahoo.com "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and >two ge...

Outlook 2003 error
I got reburish PC from microcenter. It had a trail version of Office 2007 which had outlook. I uninstalled Office 2007 and install my Office 2003. All other Office program works fine except Outlook. After creating my email account it gave me this error message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folder. Outlook could not startbecause a data file to send and recieve mail could not be found. To dd a data file, such s a perosnal folder file, double-click the Mail icon in Windows Control Panel." I did that an when i try to add a data folder on my outlook profile it ga...

How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003
How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help menu and I cannot figure it out. See: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Lenny" <Lenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F05DEA1-E264-4760-9DDE-3C97319AA1D4@microsoft.com... > How do I create a drop down list in Excel 2003. I've tried to use the help > menu and I cannot figure it out. ...

Received mail notification in Outlook 2007
I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? That's a Windows setting in Control Panel, Sounds. Under Windows Sounds, choose one for New mail Notification. "RigaLVB" wrote: > I am very satisfied with the performance of Outlook 2007, except I would > like to set it up so I would be notified of incomming mail with a voice, > such as "you got mail". Is it possible, and how? > > > ...

publisher 2003 keeps freezing
publisher 2003 keeps locking up when i try to convert anything, that is, ANYTHING AT ALL into columns, more specifically 2 columns. i have a decent system, ive tried defragging all my partitions with the page file turned off, ive scanned time and time again for spyware and found nothing, and ive fixed all registry problems. this is getting really annoying, as i need this specific project for school. I havent upgraded from an older version, this is my first time running publisher of any version at all. Im running under WinXP sp1, with all the critical updates and service packs, and o...

e-mail just sits
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5140F.E1605920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having a problem with my e-mail just staying in my outbox. I am = using Outlook that came with MS Office Professional 2003 I compose my mail and hit send and it just stays in my in box. It = doesn't matter how many times I hit send & receive it will no go out, = It happen about 50% of the time. It seams to happen more when I have an = attachments with the mail. --=20 Regards, Ron ...

send to recipient mail as attachment
when I try to send an open word file by selecting send to recipient as attachment it simply opens up outlook with the mentioned document in attachment when a perticular user tries to do this she gets an error message bottom line is that this functionality only works for some people and it will never work for others where can I find info on how to solve this by changing settings in office or in the registry or whatever I have already googled and only found pointers to mapi errors telling me absolutely nothing new they all state that this is happening because outlook or outlook express...