Creating New Mailboxes #2

Hi,
ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FROM THE EXCHANGE TASKS ON A
USER IT TAKES UPWARDS OF 1-2 HOURS BEFORE THE MAILBOX APPEARS?

ADVICE/INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANKS

PHIL MATHER
ZETEX PLC
IT SUPPORT
0
MATHER (1)

Before the mailbox appears where, exactly?  In the GAL?  In ESM?

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"PHIL MATHER" <PHIL MATHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FROM THE EXCHANGE TASKS ON A
> USER IT TAKES UPWARDS OF 1-2 HOURS BEFORE THE MAILBOX APPEARS?
>
> ADVICE/INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED.
>
> THANKS
>
> PHIL MATHER
> ZETEX PLC
> IT SUPPORT

0
neil.hobson (1158)
12/23/2005 10:07:37 AM
Please turn off the caps lock when you post... Thanks.,...

--
Regards,
Hank Arnold

"PHIL MATHER" <PHIL MATHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FROM THE EXCHANGE TASKS ON A
> USER IT TAKES UPWARDS OF 1-2 HOURS BEFORE THE MAILBOX APPEARS?
>
> ADVICE/INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED.
>
> THANKS
>
> PHIL MATHER
> ZETEX PLC
> IT SUPPORT

0
rasilon1 (689)

Create and save embedded bitmap image
I'm trying to add a control on to a form to take a person's signature. I'm not using a tablet pc, just a usb tablet and pen. I would like to load the form with a blank bitmap or jpeg image in the control, get the signature and then save the image on close as an external file - if that's really not possible then we could save it as an OLE object or image field in the record. Ideally I would just name the file with the unique Id of the record so that it can be fetched back when needed. I've tried adding an unbound OLE paint control, but can't seem to save th...

failed to create empty dodument
Dear Sirs, I have got a user friendly textbook "LearnVisual C++ 6.0 now"with two CD which is written by Chuck Sphar - former officer i Microsoft Corporation. My OS is Windows '98. The name of my project is 'mdrv'. When I started Debug option 'GO' for 'mdrw.exe' it was appeared: Loaded 'C:\Windows\System\MSVCRT.DLL', no matching symbolic information found -1. Loaded 'C:\Windows\System\USER32.DLL', 1; LOADED 'C:\Windows\System\GDI32.DLL',1; Loaded 'C:\Windows\System\Kernel32.DLL', 1; Loaded 'C:\Windows\System\MSVCRTD...

Alert on creation of new sales order
I am trying to setup a business alert in GP to notify certain users when a new sales order is created. Can anyone advise me on what table/fields to to select and what the formula should look like. Thanks. LR You might need to check CreatedDate Field of table Sales Transaction Work, create something like the below formula: SOP10100_T1.CREATDDT BETWEEN DATEADD(Day, -1, GetDate()) AND GetDate() Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "LR" wrote: > I am tryi...

How do I make it stop asking "This file was created..."
Hello all, I have a situation where the client is using Office 97. One of our team used 2000 or later to work on the application. I have 97 loaded at home. Every time I save it it warns about the features that may be lost. How do I save it so that when we deliver it it does not continually trouble the client with this message? Thank You, -plh -- I keep hitting "Esc" -- but I'm still here! Don't save a 97. Just SAVE -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "plh" <plh_member@newsguy.com> wrote in message news:e2de7l02lhk@drn.newsguy.com....

Display max and min on bar graph #2
Hello all. I am constructing bar graph to display the numerical results of our quality metrics, and my boss would like the maximun and the mininum displayed for each category as dots over and in the individual bars. I know I can add error bars, but is there any way to do it as a simple dot and not have the lines? I hope that makes sense. Add a series for the max and a series for the min. Change the chart type for each series to LINE and change the point display as needed. "SWeyer" <SWeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:022A0A3A-C4C9-4700-88F4-DDEFD5...

Macro help needed... #2
New to VBA, I'm struggling to do the following in a worksheet:- For all the cells in the sheet; Begin. If the cell.interior.colorindex is 1 (black) or 15 (light grey), do nothing except move on to the next cell and go back to Begin. If the cell value has anything other than 2 or 3 characters or letters, do nothing except move on to the next cell and go back to Begin. Otherwise, using Select Case, set the background color to an index linked to a particular string in the value, except that if the 2-or-3 character value is not found in the case list, do not change the backgroun...

floppy not accessible in a drive #2
I've been having trouble with "A" drive in Excel. I put in the disc to update it with information and it will not retrieve any material previously put on the disc and indicates "a drive not accessible - may be formatted for macintosh"...then everything n my disc is gone and i can't access the "A" drive anymore. What is happening here....what am I doing wrong.? L. Findlay First, it's not a good idea to work directly off a floppy. Better to use windows explorer to copy to your local harddrive, work on it there, then use windows explorer to copy ...

filtration of worksheets tallying 2 million seperate phone numbers
Hi, I am a loan officer at a mortgage brokerage. We have recently put the new nationwide no-call list on an excel spreadsheet. I have 2 questions for you. First: is there a way to make excel have more rows than 65,536 (preferably like 2 million) as the colorado part of the national no-call list is about 2 million. And second;can you tell me how to filter one workshet against a second with 30 columns and 65,536 rows(the filter feature I use only takes into consideration the left-most column) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com...

How to create a share and set the NTFS rights *in a remote computer*?
Hi everybody, I would like to create a function in vbs like this : --------------------------------------- createFolder(path, rights, share, shareName) where : * "path" is a local path (ok) or a UNC path like \\PC\share (here is the problem) * "right" is a string which sets the NTFS rights * "share" is boolean (True or False). If it is True the folder is shared, if not the folder is not shared. * "shareName" is the name of the share (if the folder is shared) --------------------------------------- My problem is when the ...

Mailbox problem
We were having a problem with OL97 and before we reinstalled OL we archived and exported to a backup PST file. Restore went okay and everything came back in to OL. All our addresses are in the contact list with no problem. But nothing is in the address book. What happened? How can we move the info we have in our contact list to the address book? Thx Ted Try adding the Outlook Address Book service in Tools | Services. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***...

Lotus 1-2-3 keyboard commands ("/")
How do I configure EXCEL 2003 to accept Lotus 1-2-3 Keyboard Commands ("/") Tools>Options>Transition. Enable the Lotus features. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sat, 18 Sep 2004 10:25:02 -0700, CyberLogicAL <CyberLogicAL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I configure EXCEL 2003 to accept Lotus 1-2-3 Keyboard Commands ("/") ...

Mailbox Store Will Not Mount
Fresh Install of exchange 2003 with service pack 1 on a fresh install of server 2003. There is another exchange server in the domain. I want to migrate from one to the other. When I go into the system manager the Mailbox Store is not mounted. I click to mount it and it returns the following errors: Event ID: 9519 Error 0x80004005 starting database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store" on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store. Event ID: 9546 Failed to create the Event Registration Mailbox for Database First Storage Group\Mailbox Store. Error - 0xbf69. After researc...

Add new Data Series in Excel 2007
Back in the old days in Excel 2003 when I had a graph and I wanted to add a new data series all I had to do was click on Chart-->Add Data and it was easy to do. How do I add a new data series, and more importantly tell it whether I want the first column to be the x-values etc. Like in the old days when I added in data series to a previously established chart? Hi, Select the chart then use the ribbon, Chart Tools > Design > Data > Select Data > Add. Or right click chart, Select Data > Add. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info &...

CRM Mobile client
Folks We have installed the CRM Mobile Express client and everything works well, except the fact that we can not edit or create cases, everything else works!!!! Please help! Regards Gavin Gavin, In CRM, go to SETTINGS (bottom left corner) and then in the Nav Bar (top left) click on Mobile Configuration. From there you can add entities and make them editable. Good luck "Gavin Urtel" wrote: > Folks > > We have installed the CRM Mobile Express client and everything works well, > except the fact that we can not edit or create cases, everything else > work...

How do I customize the length of text preview in desktop alert ? #2
How do I customize the length of text preview in desktop alert ? thanks ...

Deleted messages #2
Hi I had an account set up in outlook express that had about 50 e-mails in it. Yesterday I changed my e-mail account (I got a new address) and after I set it up I lost all of my old e-mails. Is there any way to recover the lost messages? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Andrew Andrew Colhoun <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > > I had an account set up in outlook express that had about > 50 e-mails in it. Yesterday I changed my e-mail account (I > got a new address) and after I set it up I lost all of my > old e-mails. Is there any wa...

Change date format #2
I have a column in excel which outputs the date as: 1/1/2005, I would like the formatting to be as such: 2005-01-01. Ther are no formats built into excel to output the dates like this. Doe anyone have any ideas how I can accomplish the yyyy-mm-dd forma -- gplevriti ----------------------------------------------------------------------- gplevritis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2568 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39102 Hi Select your cells and press Ctrl-1 Select Custom on the number tab and select a forma...

outlook 2000 and 2003 #2
We are having issues with sending emails from outlook 2003 to outlook 2000. if the email is of any considerable length...when it is sent from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2000 the email will not display the full content of the message...any ideas? If i send the same email from my hotmail or another outlook 2000 client to another outlook 2000 client it will dispaly just fine...any help would be greatly appreciated Paul ...

Move to new Hardware, howto?
Hello, i´ve a good running Exchange 5.5 Machine on NT4. Now i want to move to a DualProz DELL. I´ve mirrored the Harddisk and want to change the Kernel to Multiproz. This shall be working. But if i´ve later to move the actuel Database from the OLD to the NEW Server, is there a simple way? Something like stop all Exchange Services and copy the Files to the NEW but identical Server.? Thanks for your informations ... Christian Why not set up a second Exchange server in the same org and move the mailboxes and public folders? Not sure how easy it is in NT, but that's th...

Running TZUPDATE on Resource Mailboxes
Had a thought - what if I were to log in to each resource mailbox in outlook and run the TZupdate tool to move meetings during the new DST rules. Would that send updates to all attendees for that appointment/resource? I was thinking it would be better/easier than going to each user mailbox. They would still have to run the TZUPDATE to move all appointments, but it might save the hassle and frustration of showing up for meetings at the wrong time or when a room is full of people already. Thoughts? Thank you On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 03:31:02 -0800, TheITDude <TheITDude@discussions.microsoft...

How do I make a new mail list from sent mail?
I've read through many of the posts possibly related to this subject o OutlookForum. I read through my outlook manual and asked everyone know. I'm using Outlook 2000 and I'm not sure if it is even possible Does anyone know how to do this? Again, I'm trying to make a ne mailing list from my sent items. I'm attmepting to do a mail- out t all the people I've e-mailed over the past 3 months, about 700 member of my site. Any help would be greatly appreciated ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post use...

Display Name missing from SMTP header #2
Hi I have an Exchange 5.5 server with SP4. I have created a mailbox on it but every time I send an email message from it using Outlook to someone outside Exchange (using SMTP), the Display name does not get included in the "From:" header. In other words, the recipient of the message sees my SMTP address in the "From:" field but not my display name. I would like them to see the format "Display Name" < mailbox @ domain.com > format. How can I fix this? Am I missing a configuration detail? Thanks, AK Anupam Agarwal <anupamagarwal@hotmail.com> w...

Creating bar charts using value ranges for each entry
I want to create a bar / column graph using Microsoft Graph where each data entry consists of a range of values (i.e. has a lower and upper value). For example: I have 3 different products. The price of each product will vary (have a lower and upper price - a range). Let's say Product one's price ranges from $75 - $100, Product two's price ranges from $65 - $120, and Product three from $60 - $115. I want to show graphically the three product prices as three blocks/bars next to each other (for comparison). Hope you understand what I'm asking here. Please help as I&...

HELP! Seeking Instructions to Create Report of POS (NOT RMS) Discounts Applied #3
We need to run monthly reports to determine how many of our different Discounts are claimed/used and the proceeds not tendered. We have offered a number of discounts to customers and employees as incentives and cannot find a method to track how each discount is applied (e.g., buy one, get one free with coupon). The built-in Discounted Sales report in POS 2.0 lists only the resulting Sale Price; we seek to have the report sorted by PresetDiscount type but the Advanced Report Filter dialog does not list Discount in the Field dropdown box and we can't locate the table in which transactions...

Write Code that creates expiration date
I want to write a routine that allows someone to use the template for a certain time period. After that time period, I want them to stop using the program without renewing so the information stays current. The following routine will work, except I want the value to be stored in a Hidden Workbook or in the Registry. Then I only need to pass one file (the Hidden Workbook or bat file to update the registry). The template will be used to create files that will store data, so I don't want to touch EVERY file if they choose to keep using. The date needs to be stored externally...... 'P...