creating mailboxes E2K7?

HEllo,
as you see i'm new to E2K7 and i *wrongly* thought it would be an easy
upgrade path like e2k to 2k3, well i can't find anything!, i've spent most
of last week reading documentation, techcenter, blogs, sites to no avail.
mainly,
�WHERE IS MY ADU&C INTEGRATION?, i was very fond of the exchange tasks and
be able to view mailbox properties on the same console, now the ADUC doesn't
has anything about exchange, and on exchange MMC there's that wizard which
is useless if i want to create letsay.. more than 3 mailboxes.

what happens if i want to create a mailbox at the time of user creation or
if i want to manage existing mailboxes?, i'�d have no choice but to open TWO
MMC to do this....

is there a simple way or a simple doc for e2k3 admins passing to 2k7 with a
"old tasks"->"new tasks" chart or sthing like that?

regards,
Guillermo Lovato

0
glovato (54)

Also, in e2k3 i could expand the store and watch the mailboxes sizes and
stuff, i can't do that on 2k7, where is it?
i've restored an IS and i have no clue what was restored, if it's ok or not.
any ideas?

"Guillermo Lovato" <glovato@belt.com.ar> wrote in message
> HEllo,
> as you see i'm new to E2K7 and i *wrongly* thought it would be an easy
> upgrade path like e2k to 2k3, well i can't find anything!, i've spent most
> of last week reading documentation, techcenter, blogs, sites to no avail.
> mainly,
> �WHERE IS MY ADU&C INTEGRATION?, i was very fond of the exchange tasks and
> be able to view mailbox properties on the same console, now the ADUC
> doesn't has anything about exchange, and on exchange MMC there's that
> wizard which is useless if i want to create letsay.. more than 3
> mailboxes.
>
> what happens if i want to create a mailbox at the time of user creation or
> if i want to manage existing mailboxes?, i'�d have no choice but to open
> TWO MMC to do this....
>
> is there a simple way or a simple doc for e2k3 admins passing to 2k7 with
> a "old tasks"->"new tasks" chart or sthing like that?
>
> regards,
> Guillermo Lovato

0
glovato (54)
3/5/2007 1:49:58 PM
From PowerShell:
Get-MailboxStatistics

Get-MailboxStatistics | Select DisplayName,ItemCount,TotalItemSize

Get-MailboxStatistics | Select
DisplayName,ItemCount,TotalItemSize,DeletedItemCount,TotalDeleteItemSize
--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

> Also, in e2k3 i could expand the store and watch the mailboxes sizes and
> stuff, i can't do that on 2k7, where is it?
> i've restored an IS and i have no clue what was restored, if it's ok or
> not.
> any ideas?
>
> "Guillermo Lovato" <glovato@belt.com.ar> wrote in message
>> HEllo,
>> as you see i'm new to E2K7 and i *wrongly* thought it would be an easy
>> upgrade path like e2k to 2k3, well i can't find anything!, i've spent
>> most of last week reading documentation, techcenter, blogs, sites to no
>> avail.
>> mainly,
>> �WHERE IS MY ADU&C INTEGRATION?, i was very fond of the exchange tasks
>> and be able to view mailbox properties on the same console, now the ADUC
>> doesn't has anything about exchange, and on exchange MMC there's that
>> wizard which is useless if i want to create letsay.. more than 3
>> mailboxes.
>>
>> what happens if i want to create a mailbox at the time of user creation
>> or if i want to manage existing mailboxes?, i'�d have no choice but to
>> open TWO MMC to do this....
>>
>> is there a simple way or a simple doc for e2k3 admins passing to 2k7 with
>> a "old tasks"->"new tasks" chart or sthing like that?
>>
>> regards,
>> Guillermo Lovato

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/5/2007 3:11:15 PM
The MailboxStatistics command in previous post can be used to get mailbox
info for a particular Store e.g.:
Get-MailboxDatabase "SERVER\Mailbox DatabaseName" | Get-MailboxStatistics

Further, you can also test MAPI connectivity to mailboxes:
Get-MailboxDatabase "SERVER\Mailbox DatabaseName" | Get-Mailbox |
Test-MAPIConnectivity

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Guillermo Lovato" <glovato@belt.com.ar> wrote in message
> Also, in e2k3 i could expand the store and watch the mailboxes sizes and
> stuff, i can't do that on 2k7, where is it?
> i've restored an IS and i have no clue what was restored, if it's ok or
> not.
> any ideas?
>
> "Guillermo Lovato" <glovato@belt.com.ar> wrote in message
>> HEllo,
>> as you see i'm new to E2K7 and i *wrongly* thought it would be an easy
>> upgrade path like e2k to 2k3, well i can't find anything!, i've spent
>> most of last week reading documentation, techcenter, blogs, sites to no
>> avail.
>> mainly,
>> �WHERE IS MY ADU&C INTEGRATION?, i was very fond of the exchange tasks
>> and be able to view mailbox properties on the same console, now the ADUC
>> doesn't has anything about exchange, and on exchange MMC there's that
>> wizard which is useless if i want to create letsay.. more than 3
>> mailboxes.
>>
>> what happens if i want to create a mailbox at the time of user creation
>> or if i want to manage existing mailboxes?, i'�d have no choice but to
>> open TWO MMC to do this....
>>
>> is there a simple way or a simple doc for e2k3 admins passing to 2k7 with
>> a "old tasks"->"new tasks" chart or sthing like that?
>>
>> regards,
>> Guillermo Lovato

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/5/2007 3:15:10 PM
If you look at the following topics from the Exchange 2007 Documentation:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996018.aspx and
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998911.aspx, you will find the
information that Recipient Management is no longer available in Active
Directory Users and Computers.

There are also a few other topics that might help:
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998821.aspx
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996833.aspx

Patricia DiGiacomo

"Guillermo Lovato" <glovato@belt.com.ar> wrote in message
> HEllo,
> as you see i'm new to E2K7 and i *wrongly* thought it would be an easy
> upgrade path like e2k to 2k3, well i can't find anything!, i've spent most
> of last week reading documentation, techcenter, blogs, sites to no avail.
> mainly,
> �WHERE IS MY ADU&C INTEGRATION?, i was very fond of the exchange tasks and
> be able to view mailbox properties on the same console, now the ADUC
> doesn't has anything about exchange, and on exchange MMC there's that
> wizard which is useless if i want to create letsay.. more than 3
> mailboxes.
>
> what happens if i want to create a mailbox at the time of user creation or
> if i want to manage existing mailboxes?, i'�d have no choice but to open
> TWO MMC to do this....
>
> is there a simple way or a simple doc for e2k3 admins passing to 2k7 with
> a "old tasks"->"new tasks" chart or sthing like that?
>
> regards,
> Guillermo Lovato

0
pdigia (7)

Pls Help Me! Creating Chart
:mad: Hi there! How can I create / prepare this kind of chart, so call "Waterfal Chart" in Excel worksheet? (01 file attached) Thanks again! davidiew :confused +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: chart123.doc |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3726 +------------------------------------------------------------------- -- davidtip ----------------------------------------------------------------------- davidtips's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?ac...

Mailbox/Folder Sizes
Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and Folders? Thanks, Jeff In news:fejk42tj37tcaq1s2j3k2qmn20m91nt7gd@4ax.com, Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> typed: > Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and > Folders? > > Thanks, > Jeff In ESM, you can see the size of each mailbox, but it won't break it down into subfolders. you can see the sizes from "Mailboxes" in the ESM...you have to drill down from Administrative Groups, to Servers, to Storage Groups, to Mailbox Stores...but from there you cannot see ...

Newly created users can not log in to Exch2K
I'm running Win2K Server sp4 and Exch2K sp3. As of last Friday, any newly created user can log into the domain but can not access the exchange server. They keep getting the "user-ID, domain, password" prompt. I've tried deleting the user and re-adding to no avail. I've checked licensing and all is well in that area. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance. Hi, Did you checked the user's properties and can you see the users e-mail address ? I think that the user properties are not updated. Do a manual update to all, close ESM and open again and see. And check is the admi...

Can't Create a Batch File that's Executable
I'm running Windows Home Premium, SP2. Windows Defender, Spyware Doctor, MBAM, SAS and CCleaner. MS Office 2007. 2 GB of RAM. All WU's are current. System is running fine. I'm having trouble with Win Defender Definitions updates so I'm working via e-mail with MS to reset my Security Settings and Permissions. One of their suggestions is to create a batch file using Run==>Cmd==notepad and have this file contain the following: @echo off subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators...

The mailbox objects that won't die.
I have a windows 2003 exchange server in my organization that had some email users that were deleted.Although the email users are gone from my exchange 2003 system manager they are still showing up on my exchange 5.5 organization. I purged them this morning thinking that would do the trick but no dice. It has been about 24 hrs since I deleted them. Will these go away or is there some way to manually remove the objects out of the 5.5 site? That is a function of the ADC connection agreements. Have you looked at the event log on your ADC server lately? -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio...

Can't get rid of mailbox??
I have a user that was disabled, then removed from the domain, but I can't get rid of this _DIS <username> from showing in the Mailbox Resources screen. Any ideas? Thanks!! Do you have mailbox retention set up (30 days by default)? Is the mailbox showing up in Mailbox Resources with a Red 'X' on it? Is it if you run the clean up agent? If it is showing up with the red 'X' and you have mailbox retention set that is why it is still there. You can manually purge it by right clicking on it in Mailbox Resources and choosing 'Purge.' -- Hope that hel...

Create Playlist with Drag and Drop Problems
I can't seem to get songs to drop in the new playlist panel. I tried with album playing or not playing. I can pick them up, what is the problem? What version of WMP and Windows? You say that you can pick the songs up, what exactly happens when you drag them over the playlist pane? And when you release them? Do you have any non-default WMP plug-ins installed? You can check by going to WMP's Options - Plug-ins, and selecting Background. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk On 24/05/2010 15:48, janti wrote: > I can't seem to get songs to d...

Mailbox Rights #11
I was trying to give a supervisor access to a terminated user's mailbox. It was not working. I do not know why. I must have done something while troubleshooting because now I can not access the mailbox at all. Even if I log on as the user after re-enabling. Please help. -- MC On Fri, 12 May 2006 12:01:02 -0700, Mike C <MikeC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I was trying to give a supervisor access to a terminated user's mailbox. It >was not working. I do not know why. I must have done something while >troubleshooting because now I can not access the mai...

How do I create custom border using peoples names?
There are many it could be done. I'd set up text boxes and go from there. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BFF16BB3-4C90-4E05-B0AA-303874A445AA@microsoft.com... > In addition to JoAnn's reply, you could use WordArt as well. WordArt allows you the opportunity to rotate, flip, arrange etc. and resize as well as save as an image. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. &...

Mailbox Cleanup #3
Why do I get this every week? This is a new exchange server with about 15 users. (0 mailboxes) The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2007-01-14 00:11:03 Completed at: 2007-01-14 00:11:03 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB Did I set something up wrong? I thought this was a periodic cleanup routine.. Do you have a Recipient Policy with Mailbox Manager settings that has a LDAP filter that doesn't pick up any users? -- Bharat Sun...

How to create report from Pivot Table View of Union Query?
Hi all, I have create a Union ALL Query. I want to generate a report from it. The Pivot Table View of this Union Query shows exactly what I want (having Row Heading, Column Heading and Detailed Data), so how can I make it as a Report? I have tried to create new report, but there is no options of making a pivot table (something like Crosstab Query and Pivot Table View of the Union Query). Also tried to export to Excel, but it shows only count of records. I want all detailed records. Thank you. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi Duane, I tried to create a crosstab qu...

how to create item numbers column in a Query
Is there anyway to place a column (Item#) in a query, which will show the item numbers of the results. Say that, if query result has 13 items, Item# values will be sequentially 1,2,3...11,12,13. I have a feeling that it might be solved by usind DCOUNT function. Thanks ...

"Additional mailboxes" appearing more than once
[X-Posted to microsoft.public.outlook, microsoft.public.outlook.general] Setup: ------ Exchange Server 2000 (Small Business Server) Windows XP SP 1 & SP 2 Office 2003 (and SP 1) Roaming profiles Problem: -------- In the "Folder List", under "All Folders", mailboxes added using the "Open these additional mailboxes" are appearing more than once. Also, "Public Folders" is appearing twice. Additional: ----------- * This only happens with some of my users, but there is no common factor between them. * It doesn't seem to matter which machine they...

How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with?
How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with? "DR" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uJRyKcbFIHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class > library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special > project type that I need to start with? > You can do it all "by hand" but there is a template "SQL Server project&...

mailbox manager problem
Dear All I have created a Mailbox manager policies with the following paramete Folder Age(days) Size(kb Inbox 3 an SendItems 3 an Delete Item 3 an Once the mail manager process, all the selected items should be delete immediate from the syste After a fews days I received the following notification from the system The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2004-06-02 19:15:29 Stopped at: 2004-06-02 19:15:30 Mailboxes process...

how do you create a cumulative line graph? i.e. it adds each valu.
With a column that adds the appropriate values? If you want to continue this discussion, please use the body of the message for your post. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <D8605870-E872-4407-A375-AC74778F4A8F@microsoft.com>, cmurphy@discussions.microsoft.com says... > > ...

How to create Access 2010 Calculated field using VBA ?
Is there a way to create a Calculated field in Access 2010 table using VBA ? I can create any type of field but cant find the way to create new Calculated field type. "exebat" <srdjan.vasiljevic@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a326eef0-8deb-4222-8828-2fc91baf0d26@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to create a Calculated field in Access 2010 table using > VBA ? > > I can create any type of field but cant find the way to create new > Calculated field type. My 2010 machine is getting it's webcam repaired so I couldn't check th...

Choose Exchange Mailbox Store
Hello, Just to check to be sure. When I create a new user in ADUC and I get the Exchange mailbox Wizard, I can choose on which Exchange server and Mailbox Store I want to create the mailbox. But, in the list of servers, I also see two connector servers where no mailboxes should be created on. I know that when I enable the checkbox 'This is a front-end server', no mailboxes can be created anymore on these servers. Is this the correct way to exclude these servers from mailbox creation or is there another way? Regards, -- Menko den Ouden MCSE+I Netherlands On Wed, 30 Nov 200...

recover a users mailbox (exchange 2003)
hi lovely people, A user has somehow corrupted or lost all his email kept at our office by logging into our server via a VPN and using his own outlook 2003 client (not OWA) to check his mail. i think whats happened is his home client has sucked all the mail in his inbox away to his home pc (could this be?) anyway, i've been looking into recovering his mailbox and found the following article on msexchange.org http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Recovering-Mailboxes-Exchange2003-SP1.html i'm with it upto a point but i'm quite new to exchange/windows server 2003 and i'm ve...

Rogue Mailboxes won't Delete
I am trying to remove my Exchange 2000 Server from the network. Every thing has been moved to the new server and anything that wasn't going to be moved has been deleted. Or so I thought. I have two mailboxes in one of my mail stores that have not yet been deleted. I even tried purging them from the System Manager and they will not go away. I know I can't uninstall Exchange if there are still mailboxes. One mailbox was corrupt and currently has no user associated with it. The other for some reason has a Last Logon of 11/2002 which is not correct because the employee was here and ...

backup of mailboxes has exploded in time
We use veritas backupexec to backup our exchange 2003 server, one user requested a restore of his mailbox, and after we did the restore, time to make the backup has gone from 2 hour to 8 hours, i suspect we have fragments in the information store, what can i do to check and repair the information store ?? i am not the biggest exchange shark in the pond so bear with me if this is a stupid question best regards claus derlien On 29 Dec 2005 03:55:18 -0800, "derlien" <cd@f-f.dk> wrote: >We use veritas backupexec to backup our exchange 2003 server, one user >requested a ...

Creating Largeoster
Using Windows P Pro and Publisher 2003. I have a GIF graphic that I need to expand into a 36" by 48 " poster. My printer will print in formats of up to 11 by 17 inch. Publisher has a mechanism to overlap pages and print to multiple pages that can be taped together into one large page. IF you know how to use it! How do I get from a 8.5" by 11" graphic GIF file to a 36" by 48" poster? I'd like to print on 11 by 17 format to make the taping easier. How do I set up the printer to output 11 by 17 and the multiple pages to overlap sufficiently to be u...

create & edit table in tasks or Journal
Hi, I am trying to insert or create and edit table in MS Outlook task or Journal. And up to now the only place where I can create and edit table in MS Outlook is in email. But email is not useful for me because I am trying to track progress with Jello. And with Jello I can categorize each task into separate project but not emails. Any idea? ...

Incorrect Exchange/Mailbox details
Hi, I've inputted incorrect Exchange Server & Mailbox details and now Outlook 2003 closes without giving me the option to change them. When I double click on Outlook icon, Outlook 2003 starts to load. A box opens with the text 'Configuring Outlook Accounts' 'Creating Welcome Message' Then another box opens with the error - 'The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action' (I'm online and connected) The only option here is to click the OK button Another box opens titled Microso...

Create a Group Mailing List
I have created mail groups in the past, but now cannot. I have also read all the directions on this message board, but nothing works for me. Help! Why can't you? Are you missing the buttons on the toolbar? Missing buttons from the Windows Contacts toolbar http://www.vista4beginners.com/Missing-buttons-from-Windows-Contacts-toolbar Vista - "New Contact" and "New Contact Group" Button Missing http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/186477-new-contact-new-contact-group-button-missing.html -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, ...