Creating forwarding rule in Exchange

Exchange 2003 SP2

If I have user fee@domain.com receiving email at address fee@domain.com, is
it possible to create a rule in Exchange that does this:

All emails from user@outsidedomain.com that go to fee@domain.com should be
forwarded to foo@domain.com

If it is possible, and I do not have a domain user named foo, would I have
to create one or simply create a contact in order for the mailbox to be
created?
0
Joemonkey (8)

1. You need some recipient to have the email address fee@domain.com
2. No native facility to selectively forward mail from a particular smtp
address only. You could either do it using an Outlook rule or perhaps use a
transport event sink to send a copy to foo@domain.com as well.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Joemonkey" <Joemonkey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Exchange 2003 SP2
>
> If I have user fee@domain.com receiving email at address fee@domain.com,
> is
> it possible to create a rule in Exchange that does this:
>
> All emails from user@outsidedomain.com that go to fee@domain.com should be
> forwarded to foo@domain.com
>
> If it is possible, and I do not have a domain user named foo, would I have
> to create one or simply create a contact in order for the mailbox to be
> created?

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Exchange Migration Wizard and creating new SMTP reply addresses
Hello, I'm migrating from a Netware 6.5 environment, but am going to be using another tool because of the need to migrate archives and personal address books. I would, however, like to use the Microsoft tool to populate the GWISE SMTP address with the old GroupWise address. Is there a way to run the Exchange Migration Wizard in a mode that will only create the additional GWISE SMTP addresses for all of my users? Aaron ...

Re: Outlook 2007 create background
I played around with this further. You can still use any HTML editor to = create stationery and place it in the user's Stationery folder. You can = also use FrontPage 2003 to create new themes with background images. = Details at = http://turtleflock-ol2007.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1013F1F9A99E3D8!230.e= ntry --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =...

point exchange to a different priv1.edb file
I have a snapshot of my priv1.edb file on a different drive. I know that exchange 2003 lets us me the priv1.edb file to a different location if the file isn't already there. Is there a way to have exchange point to a different priv1.edb and use it? On Thu, 5 Oct 2006 21:31:01 -0700, Han <Han@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >I have a snapshot of my priv1.edb file on a different drive. I know that >exchange 2003 lets us me the priv1.edb file to a different location if the >file isn't already there. > >Is there a way to have exchange point to a differ...

Internet mail con Exchange 5.5
Buenas : Quisiera hacerles una consulta: Tengo un servidor de correo Exchange 5.5 que maneja buzones internos que tengo la opci=F3n de crear cuando creo un usuario del dominio (Dominio NT 4). Tengo tambien cuentas de mail externas POP3, las cuales configuro manualmente en cada PC que lo requiera (No todas tienen mail externo).Es decir el usuario descarga los mails externos directamente del pop3 de mi ISP , pero quedan guardados en el buzon de Exchange. La consulta es si es posible hacer que el exchange configure por usuario esas cuentas externas a las cuentas que yo le indique, sin tener la n...

Exchange folders
I am having difficulty discovering how to send a document to an exchange folder in Excel XP 2007. I cannot see the phrase or Icon on the Excel options, customize and all commands. ...

Remove Exchange 2003 ADC server from Admin Group
DC's: win2k3 exchange: all 2003 enterprise sp2 1 FE /3 BE -Tried to remove my First exchange server using microsoft's KB822931. -Problem is server still has the ADC server role mapped to it. -Turned it off to test if it's ok but my BE servers servers have started queuing some emails that htey are trying to send to this server. -Emails are from Servername-IS@exchg.mydomain.edu Subject: Hierarchy the other one is the same but subject: Status. -Do i even need to move this role (ADC Server) in light that i dont have any exch 5.5 servers? -can i just uninstall exhc...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

MX/DNS problem in Exchange
One of my users (on SBS 2003) has intermittent problems sending mail to a particular user elsewhere. After some research, I found out that the recipient's mail mail servers were moved from one domain hosting provider to a new domain provider, but they left their website (xxx) & domain hosting (.com) with the existing domain provider. So... the recipient's domain, abc.com correctly resolves to an IP address at the old provider, 123.com. I can nslookup or ping abc.com, and it correctly resolves to the old IP address. However, the MX records (as tested externally via a websit...

Exchange & SP1
How can I check if my Exchange Server 2003 is with or without SP1 ? Where I can find info about that... Exchange Administrator, Servers. Look at the right under 'Server Version' "noname" <noname@noname.com> wrote in message news:ccuat6$b8h$1@ls219.htnet.hr... > How can I check if my Exchange Server 2003 is with or without SP1 ? > Where I can find info about that... > > I'm having trouble finding what bug fixes SP1 has in it. I'm trying to see if it fixes KB 838414. >-----Original Message----- >Exchange Administrator, Servers. Look at ...

Exchange 2k3 Public Folders/NNTP
Another newbie query - have tried to create an NNTP feed (so that I can monitor these newsgroups) and have managed a peer to peer pull arrangement with outbound posting. However, having got almost all of the way, I have the sub folders in Internet Newsgroups, but no posts have appeared. I also note that I am unable to delete these newsgroup folders, even as administrator on the server machine - it seems that the only owner is the Exchange server itself. What am I missing here - it must be something obvious?!! TIA Steve ...

Automatic CC/BB from the Exchange 2003
How can i add automatic cc/bcc for a particular email ID, from the server end The server being used is Exchage 2003 Thanks in advance RSD On 19 May 2005 20:42:31 -0700, "ray_da" <rayo.dalal@gmail.com> wrote: >How can i add automatic cc/bcc for a particular email ID, from the >server end > >The server being used is Exchage 2003 > > > > >Thanks in advance >RSD This depends on exactly what you want to achieve. You could take a look at this: http://www.ivasoft.biz/sj.shtml but it might not be what you want as the requirement wasn't too cle...

recieving reminders since re load of exchange 2000
I have recently done a reinstall of exchange 2000 using setup and selecting reinstall all components. Before doing this I did an offline backup of mdbdata. After reinstall moved backed up mdbdata back. All is working okay all emails and public folders are as before. However a few users are complaining that they are recieving reminders from months ago. Any ideas all I can see is the outlook.exe /cleanreminders to fix it. Andrew ...

Updating a form after using a workflow rule to update the entity.
I have a workflow rule that, on create of a contact, calls an assembly and updates an attribute of that assembly. It works a treat, but after saving, the attribute does not appear in the form. I have to close and re-open the contact to see the attribute. Is there any way to have this display immediately? Thanks Saira ...

Exchange Email Router CRM Server 2003 & Exchange 2000
Hi NG, I´ve installed CRM1.2 on Win Server 2003 - everythings OK - afterwards I installed the Email Router and followed the steps in IG. The problem now is that I could send mails but incoming mails are not in support queue or in CRM system anyway (answers to a crm mail guid included!) Is it possible to use Server 2003 and Exchange 2000? Thanks and Regards, Bernd Michitsch Yes, they are supported. Where are you sending those messages from? The router will only capture mail that comes in via the SMTP gateway, so it must come from the outside. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ------...

Why Out of memory error when trying to create a thread?
I'm using MS Visual C++ .NET, Windows XP, and 1GB RAM. Why could be the reason why I get an error message saying Out of memory when running the following code CClientThread* pThread = (CClientThread*) AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CClientThread), THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); My application does only have this additional thread. Joachim wrote: > I'm using MS Visual C++ .NET, Windows XP, and 1GB RAM. > Why could be the reason why I get an error message saying > > Out of memory > > when running the following code > > CClientThread* pThread =...

Rule only runs when manually invoked
The first (topmost) rule in my list is: Apply this rule after the message arrives with '** SPAM **' in the subject and on this machine only move it to the Junk E-Mail folder This rule does not execute as I want when Internet mail is downloading. If I manually run it, it works just fine. (Our Internet email host has spam tools that insert '** SPAM **'into the subject of suspect email.) However, the last rule of my 5 rules is Apply this rule after the message arrives through the myemail@abc.com account and on this machine only move it to the myemail folder This one wo...

Rehome Exchange
ex1- Exchange 2000 Standard SP3, Windows 2000 Server Standard SP4 + all the current security patches. The first server in site ex2-Exchange 2003 Enterprise, Windows 2003 Server Enterprise + all the current security patches Scenario 1 site with two Exchange servers. The server resides in the same physical location. The old Exchange 2000 should retire and all data and objects should be transferrred to the new Exchange 2003 server No problem moving mailboxes. I 've followed the instructions for rehoming the public folders and the Free/Busy objects etc. The new server is the master However, o...

create new worksheet based on month change
Hi, I have a problem I hope someone can help me with. I have a worksheet for employees to enter data. At the beginning of each month I run a macro which copies a mastersheet to start the new month. The first column of the sheet is for the employee to enter their name. Using code when they move to the 2nd column it automatically inserts the date and the 3rd column the time both based on whether there is an entry in the first column. I want to call my new worksheet macro when the date changes month. I have been trying to use ActiveCell.Offset command to look at the date in the row above but with...

creating shared calendar in outlook 2007
Hi, I would like to create a shared calendar (diary, bookings) for the corporate, the thing is, when I go to organization and default folders, I'm able to create but when I go to OWA or Outlook 2K7 can't seem the folder (either rss and others, only the main mailboxs), also I cannot see public folder , only mailbox in bot owa and outlook 2k7. What is the best method to create a shared calendar? Sorry, I'm completely newbie regarding ex2k7 On 4 Mar 2007 03:50:49 -0800, "k0D" <camocas@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to create a shared calendar (di...

properly creating Personal Folders
I have purchased Microsoft Office 2003 and in briefly reading the included book, it stated three licences were included. I assume that I am able to create three Persanol File Folders in OutLook. I am hoping to keep organized by creating; one for myself, one fordaughter and another for my mother. If I am not correct, please inform me and if I am correct, would you kindly instruct me on how I create the different Personal File Folders. Thank you File > New > Outlook Data File Your license will not affect how many PST files you can create. You might also want to consider creating...

Forward E-Mail to another account
Hello, Can Outlook-6 be setup to forward a copy of a e-mail message to another account. Thanks Clinton Yes, you can use the -Message Rules- option to do what you're askin for. Just go to Tools -> Message Rules -> Mail.. and from there on it really self-explanatory. In your case.. 1. pick whatever conditions you need (where the from line contains...) 2. select the option forward it to.. And you're done -- Heritag ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Heritage's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=425 View this th...

Can not create mailbox on new volume
Hi, I installed new volume and attached through SCSI to Exchange 2003 server. I created new database on new volume and started to move mailboxes in order to free space. When I try to create new mailbox in new volume it,s fault. i can create account , but not mailbox.i can create on old volume and after to move. I do not know if this is active Directory problems or new HD. Please, help >>When I try to create new mailbox in new volume it,s fault. What does the error say? Is the new store mounted? Vlad wrote: > Hi, > I installed new volume and attached through SCSI to Exchang...

How can I create and display a chart dynamically on a UserForm wi.
I am trying to create charts dynamically using VBA and Excel. The data being plotted will change frequently, and my client wants to interface only with the user form, and not the worksheet itself. I know that you can use the MSChart control to do this in VB6, but I was wondering if there is a similar control for use with Excel and VBA. If so, any additional info on how to use it would be much appreciated. Thanks. I think it's an incredibly dumb idea to want to interface only with a userform (and sacrifice the flexibility of direct access to a chart). Maybe, you can convince your c...

trouble with rule to permanently delete email by sender
I've been having difficulty with a particular person for some time who refuses to accept that I don't want to see her emails. Consequently, I have set up my outlook rule to permanently delete any email from this person. However, it appears the rules aren't working as I am continuing to get (at least some) emails. So every time I get another email from this person I right-click on it and set up another rule to delete email from that email address. When I look at all my rules, it looks like I now have 5 rules to permanently delete from this same email address. I assume t...

can't edit or delete rules in Outlook 2002
Hi All, In the Rules Wizard, some rules are shown, but I cannot Edit Modify or Delete them or see the conditions for them. Nor if I click the RUN NOW button do the rules show in the rules list box. Other rules are OK. Why does this happen? Can this be fixed? Does it make a difference that this pst file was viewed in Outlook 2003 (but not converted to Outlook 2003)? Many thanks in advance ...