Creating folders within user's mailboxes

All,

I would like to create folder(s) in all my user's mailboxes within
exchange 2000 and eventually 2003. This isn't spam related as many of
you have written about. I would love to, for example, have some way to
create a folder called saved within every user's mailbox without
directly manipulating their OWA or Outlook as I have a lot of users.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Derek...
0
dmeixell (1)

You can try to use SpamMover application to do that. See
http://www.ivasoft.biz/spammover.shtml

Just place something like X-blabla: blabla to Spam header field to prevent
message moving.
The folder will be created after receiveing any message, so you need to send
a message to all users to create folders immediately.

--
Thanks and regards,

Victor Ivanidze,
software developer
www.ivasoft.biz

"Derek Meixell" <dmeixell@azcomputer.net>
wrote:a8038269.0405311746.62ada7a0@posting.google.com...
> All,
>
> I would like to create folder(s) in all my user's mailboxes within
> exchange 2000 and eventually 2003. This isn't spam related as many of
> you have written about. I would love to, for example, have some way to
> create a folder called saved within every user's mailbox without
> directly manipulating their OWA or Outlook as I have a lot of users.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Derek...

0
no1498 (362)
6/1/2004 5:07:09 AM
You could simply use a batch file that "md"s the directories within
\\.\BackOfficeStorage on the Exchange Server.

"Derek Meixell" <dmeixell@azcomputer.net> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> All,
>
> I would like to create folder(s) in all my user's mailboxes within
> exchange 2000 and eventually 2003. This isn't spam related as many of
> you have written about. I would love to, for example, have some way to
> create a folder called saved within every user's mailbox without
> directly manipulating their OWA or Outlook as I have a lot of users.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Derek...

Some Contacts List messages going into Junk Mail folder
My wife and I use the same computer, and we have our separate email addresses set up in WLM. We also share the Contacts folder. Starting about a month or two ago, many of the messages from my wife's friends, who are in our Contacts folder, have been going repeatedly into her Junk Mail folder. Even clicking of the Not Junk option has failed to stem this flow. I have not had this experience with my email messages. What might we be missing in our setup? Gordon Biggar Hotmail type accounts for both email addresses ? - Hotmail.com, Live.com, Msn.com *Note: All Hotmai...

Exchange Migration Wizard and creating new SMTP reply addresses
Hello, I'm migrating from a Netware 6.5 environment, but am going to be using another tool because of the need to migrate archives and personal address books. I would, however, like to use the Microsoft tool to populate the GWISE SMTP address with the old GroupWise address. Is there a way to run the Exchange Migration Wizard in a mode that will only create the additional GWISE SMTP addresses for all of my users? Aaron ...

Re: Outlook 2007 create background
I played around with this further. You can still use any HTML editor to = create stationery and place it in the user's Stationery folder. You can = also use FrontPage 2003 to create new themes with background images. = Details at = http://turtleflock-ol2007.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!C1013F1F9A99E3D8!230.e= ntry --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =...

How to extract public folders to disk?
Hi is there any way to extract public folders to file system. Regards, Vasily On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 23:22:01 -0700, Vasily <Vasily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >is there any way to extract public folders to file system. Copy to a pst via Outlook. > >Regards, >Vasily thank you, but let me specify more clearly - we need to extract the whole public folders structure (including files) and then upload it to SharePoint. "Andy David {MVP}" wrote: > On Sun, 22 Apr 2007 23:22:01 -0700, Vasily > <Vasily@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Duplicate contact folder
Using Outlook XP (2002). When creating a new email and I click on To:, I get two 'contact' folders. When viewing the Outlook folders list in 'normal' node, there is only one contact folder?! How do I remove the duplicate folder so that it doesn't appear when I click on To:? TIA Maurice Tools > E-mail accounts > View or change existing directories or address books > Outlook Address Book > Change. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Maurice Bishop" <Office@NoSpamHerePleaseThankyou.MJBishop.com> wrote in message news:7HADb.1362$tQ6.19788@ward...

users can't login on one PC
I have 1 PC that was just upgraded to GP 10 SP 2 and now only the SA can login. When a regular user account tries to login they get the error: "The login failed. Attempt to login again or contact your system administrator" That same id is able to login on every other PC so I know it is not SQL DB security and the SA can login from this PC so i am pretty sure it is not the ODBC. Any help would be appreciated. Fliehigh OK So I figured it out this DSN was setup using the IP address of the SQl server and the rest where using the DNS name. I changed it and it worked great. Fli...

Exchange folders
I am having difficulty discovering how to send a document to an exchange folder in Excel XP 2007. I cannot see the phrase or Icon on the Excel options, customize and all commands. ...

Promoting and Outlook Email and Creating Contact
After reading an Email in Outlook I promote it to CRM. The author of the Email is not a CRM contact so their name appears in red. Clicking on the authors name, CRM gives the option of reconciling to another contact or creating a new contact record. When I select a new contact record, why doesn't CRM populate the name and Email address just like when you create a contact from an Email in Outlook? Why should I have to go back and look up the Email address from the Email itself to place in the CRM Contact record? I'd post that as a suggestion for future product enhancements. Ho...

how to script with user variables in outgoing messages
I want to know if its possible to do this. My company has changed its domain name, and the email addresses will now reflect this domain name. I want to know if its possible to script a notice that goes out with each message, saying that the new email address is now username@newdomain.com. We have an email disclaimer configured, and I was thinking we could script a note in this disclaimer text saying something like: My new email address is now: %username%@newdomain.com, this way, each user that sends a message, the script will append the username variable to domain name. Is something l...

moving all incoming mail to deleted items folder
We are trying to setup students who graduate from our school so that any incoming mail will be forwarded to a new address and if they have not setup a forwarding address, their incoming mail will be deleted with an out of office reply sent to the sender indicating that the user is no longer a student and has not setup forwarding. Graduated students would also not have OWA enabled as well. The one thing that seems hard to do is to create a rule that will move all incoming mail to the deleted items folder. Does anyone know of how to have all incoming mail subject to a rule to move to deleted ...

Data within a cell
If names are in cells as "last name, first name, middle initial" can a macro be run to change the order to "first name, middle initial, last name"? A formula will do Assuming you have spaces between commas and names, =MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&RIGHT(A2,FIND(",",A2,FIND(",",A2)))&", "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Then just copy down. If you want this more permanent, copy the cells with formulas, right click, paste special. -- Best Regards, Luke M *Remember to click &q...

Exchange 2k3 Public Folders/NNTP
Another newbie query - have tried to create an NNTP feed (so that I can monitor these newsgroups) and have managed a peer to peer pull arrangement with outbound posting. However, having got almost all of the way, I have the sub folders in Internet Newsgroups, but no posts have appeared. I also note that I am unable to delete these newsgroup folders, even as administrator on the server machine - it seems that the only owner is the Exchange server itself. What am I missing here - it must be something obvious?!! TIA Steve ...

Summing of Different sites within a day
Hello! I have an employee attendance database for 2 sites, FL and AZ. My report is sorted first by date, then by site then by reason (there are 8, e.g. "Vacation") I have a sum in each Reason footer that gives me the total number of hours everyone at that site was out for a particular reason. I also have a sum in each date footer that gives me the total number of hours everyone at both sites was out for all reasons. What I need is this sum in the date footer to be broken up by Reason, regardless of site. Thank you for your help! I don't get how a "...

Can't delete a personal folder
Hello. My problem is that I somehow ended up with an extra personal folder and I simply can't delete it. I've tried moving the .PST file and creating a different one. No luck. I've even uninstalled outlook 2000 three times to no avail. After I uninstalled it I looked in "My Documents and Settings" where Outlook and other applications leave data behind and I deleted everything that I found but that didn't work either. I reinstalled Outlook 2000 and there was my Personal Folder again! When I click on the properties and I try to close it it says "Ob...

Preventing users from saving forms into unprotected formats
I need to stop users from saving forms into unprotected formats, e.g. RTF (believe it or not, my users like to mess about with form layout, creating business interoperability problems) I have successfully intercepted the FileSave and FileSaveAs commands. I also need to intercept the Save As dialog which comes up for a new dialog when the file is closed, so I'm using a BeforeDocumentClose event handler. I would like them to be able to choose not to save, so I give them a YesNoCancel message, but I can't prevent the regular message coming up if they click No on my message...

Why Out of memory error when trying to create a thread?
I'm using MS Visual C++ .NET, Windows XP, and 1GB RAM. Why could be the reason why I get an error message saying Out of memory when running the following code CClientThread* pThread = (CClientThread*) AfxBeginThread(RUNTIME_CLASS(CClientThread), THREAD_PRIORITY_NORMAL, 0, CREATE_SUSPENDED); My application does only have this additional thread. Joachim wrote: > I'm using MS Visual C++ .NET, Windows XP, and 1GB RAM. > Why could be the reason why I get an error message saying > > Out of memory > > when running the following code > > CClientThread* pThread =...

Messages in sent folder automatically gets deleted periodically on IMAP account
Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking place? Other than accessing the account via POP3 instead of IMAP, no. snomazushi wrote: > Windows Mail v6.0.6000.16386 using IMAP on Windows Vista Home Premium > > Every once a while, my email messages in my "sent" folder for some reason > gets automatically deleted. Is there a way I can prevent this from taking > place? ...

Outlook 2000 and purging IMAP folders
I recently signed up with an outside mail provider and their default configuration is to use IMAP, not POP3. That was fine, but I just learned about this problem: My email client (Outlook 2000) doesn't purge deleted items from the server. Earlier this week one of my clients had sent me about 25 MB of attachments, and they bounced today. Turns out that my mail was over its quota of 100 MB. (I got this service so I would *never* run out of room!) The mail service admin told me today that most email clients can send an instruction back to the server to "purge" deleted items fr...

C1030AF1 when trying to expand Public Folders
Hello, My company is using Win2003 Small Business Server with Exchange 2003. I recently started with the company and since day one I have not been able to do any administration work with Public Folders. Every time I try to expand Public Folders in Exchange System Manager I get a "Requested Operation Forbidden C1030AF1". I have tried every KB and Technet article. Searched all over the web and in these newsgroups and still have not found a sollution to this issue. If anyone else has run into this issue and found a solution I would greatly appreciate any advice you can of...

create new worksheet based on month change
Hi, I have a problem I hope someone can help me with. I have a worksheet for employees to enter data. At the beginning of each month I run a macro which copies a mastersheet to start the new month. The first column of the sheet is for the employee to enter their name. Using code when they move to the 2nd column it automatically inserts the date and the 3rd column the time both based on whether there is an entry in the first column. I want to call my new worksheet macro when the date changes month. I have been trying to use ActiveCell.Offset command to look at the date in the row above but with...

User Interface stops working
Hi, I am developing an application using MFC in MS Visual Studio 2005. I created a single dialog based MFC application. The framework generates the code required to create the single dialog box. In the InitInstance() function, the dialog box is created using DoModal() to create a modal dialog box. I have added a tab control in the main dialog box. I have 5 tabs. For each tab, I create a dialog box using MFC. Each dialog box contains various buttons and controls. One dialog box contains an ActiveX control object. When a particular tab is selected by the user, the corresponding dialog ...

creating shared calendar in outlook 2007
Hi, I would like to create a shared calendar (diary, bookings) for the corporate, the thing is, when I go to organization and default folders, I'm able to create but when I go to OWA or Outlook 2K7 can't seem the folder (either rss and others, only the main mailboxs), also I cannot see public folder , only mailbox in bot owa and outlook 2k7. What is the best method to create a shared calendar? Sorry, I'm completely newbie regarding ex2k7 On 4 Mar 2007 03:50:49 -0800, "k0D" <camocas@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I would like to create a shared calendar (di...

Public Folder and Virtual Root
Could somebody tell me what the following error means? and how to go about solving it? Event Type: Warning Event Source: NNTPSVC Event Category: None Event ID: 101 Date: 6/1/2004 Time: 8:47:46 PM User: N/A Computer: INTLOC Description: The server was unable to add the virtual root '/' for the directory '/Internet Newsgroups' due to the following error: The parameter is incorrect. The data is the error code. For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. Data: 0000: 57 00 00 00 W... Thanks in advance Hi H...

Need help from fellow Admin about Mailbox sizes
I need a little help from some fellow Admins that have successfully created some policies about mailbox limits. Currently I am fighting the small company mentality in a growing company. We have about 150-200 mailboxes and I am looking for some suggestions on at what size is a good idea to start the warning messages, then stop send and then stop all traffic. I have some users that are getting to the 2GB size. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance. There is no standard or best practice for quota settings except that you should set a limit, even if a high one, for "Prohibi...

properly creating Personal Folders
I have purchased Microsoft Office 2003 and in briefly reading the included book, it stated three licences were included. I assume that I am able to create three Persanol File Folders in OutLook. I am hoping to keep organized by creating; one for myself, one fordaughter and another for my mother. If I am not correct, please inform me and if I am correct, would you kindly instruct me on how I create the different Personal File Folders. Thank you File > New > Outlook Data File Your license will not affect how many PST files you can create. You might also want to consider creating...