Creating an OWA access only user.

Hello chaps/ladies,

The pointy hairs have asked that some one external to our organisation
be given access to an email account within our organisation. So my
thoughts were to create a user account and lock it down to prevent
interactive access to any workstation machines in any way and only
allow OWA access, this has prroven trickier than I first assumed.

Does anyone have a quick guide going over best practices for this type
of situation? TIA.

--
Alex Griffin

0
nntpuser (19)

On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 16:26:11 +0100, Alex Griffin
<nntpuser@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello chaps/ladies,
>
>The pointy hairs have asked that some one external to our organisation
>be given access to an email account within our organisation. So my
>thoughts were to create a user account and lock it down to prevent
>interactive access to any workstation machines in any way and only
>allow OWA access, this has prroven trickier than I first assumed.
>
>Does anyone have a quick guide going over best practices for this type
>of situation? TIA.

Can you restrict his account logon to the OWA server only?

0
adavid (8731)
6/14/2005 4:53:58 PM
On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 12:53:58 -0400, Andy David - MVP
<adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:

>Can you restrict his account logon to the OWA server only?

I have tried this, unfortunately the user is in a child domain, and
the OWA server is in the forest root. The restrict account logon
interface only takes netbios names. In my attempts to get that to work
I added the OWA server, the Child DCs and the Forest Root DCs, it does
not work unfortunately. I also tried adding the IP addresses, however
that interface lets you put in any old drivel so its difficult to now
what is failing and where.

--
Alex Griffin

0
nntpuser (19)

transfer data from Excel to Access
I am not sure if this is the right group for me to ask the following question, if not would you please direct me to the right group. Thanks! Question: Is there any easy way to transfer data from Excel 2002 into Access 2002? Regards, LJ Hi in Access: File - Import External Data -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany L.J. wrote: > I am not sure if this is the right group for me to ask the following > question, if not would you please direct me to the right group. > Thanks! > > Question: Is there any easy way to transfer data from Excel 2002 into > Access 2002? > &...

Multiple people accessing an Excel file from a server at once.
I have a coworker that keeps an Excel spreadsheet in a common location on a company server. She asks all users attending a service call review meeting to update their information in the file prior to the meeting. Routinely users get a "file in use" error when trying to access and update the file. Is there an option that will allow multiple people to access a file (of some type in spreadsheet format) ] like this and update it. Help me I am drawing a blank. Thanks! Tools, Share Workbook. -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin "UABCSA" wrote: > I have a coworker that...

Send email to all Site Users
My organization has SharePoint Portal 2003 site. We are going to be making some changes to the site and would like to notify all the users of the site by email ahead of time. When I go to the Manage Users page the only action that appears to be available is Remove Selected Users. We add users by looking them up in our Exchange GAL. Is there anyway to send an email to all the Users of a given site? -Chris ...

Importing Excel data into Access?
Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table I can simply copy and paste but it is not that easy when doing from Excel to Access! I downloaded this manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Access2003Intro.pdf but couldn't find this topic If anyone knows please let me know! Cheers Raj Hello, there are plenty of sources. e.g.: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC102722321033 Stefan. "Rajeev Rawat" wrote: > Can Excel data be imported into Access easily!? I know from Word table &g...

Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server failed. (80070005 (Access is denied.) )
My setup: Windows 2003 AD (2 domain controllers) Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server (I'll call it main-server.domain.com) Exchange 5.5 on a Windows 2000 server (used to have all the mailboxes, but they have been moved to main-server.domain.com) Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2000 server (call it front-end.domain.com) The front end server is getting the error messages in the event log every 3 minutes: "Event sink registration for SMTP virtual server /LM/SMTPSVC/1 failed. Error code is 80070005 (Access is denied.). " I am using a firewall, and the front end server is in a DMZ, op...

Form slowly when used as sub form in access 2007
I have a strange problem with Access 2007. Made a database in Access 2003 years ago. This database uses many sub forms (containing one text field, based on a query and the text field showing a calculated value (SUM(..) from the underlying query) . This have always worked great in Access 2003. Now I installed Access 2007 and have a big problem. Upon opening the database the sub forms don't show anything in a whole minute. In the left corner of Access there reads "Calculating . . ." for this minute. Eventually the sub forms then show the calculated value ok. I might wanna add that...

Created Charts not appearing in Excel
I have created a chart in Excel, but when I go to look at it, it has disappeared with just a square remaining. Most frustrating. Go to Tools menu > Options > View tab, and under Objects, select Show All. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Tilly" <Tilly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:847F4231-94A0-4F90-A112-D9F1DC2D7887@microsoft.com... >I have created a chart in Excel, but when I go to look at it, it has > disappeared with just a squ...

OWA questions #2
A couple of questions I am having problems find the answers to: 1. Is there an easy way to change OWA to be at http://localhost instead of http://localhost/exchange 2. Is there an easy way to change OWA so that the domain name is not required when logging on (as though it is automatically passed)? 3. Are there any good, free, mailbox-to-web archivers out there? Thanks in advance 1. There are a few ways to have it where users type in http://<server>/, and get redirected to http://<server>/exchange. The easiest way is to do a redirection through the IIS console. The followin...

Using POP3 to access Public Folder email
Would there be a way to access email that is delivered to a public folder via POP3? I am trying to avoid having to create a user account for each email address that (some) remote users need access to via POP3. These users are each accessing 5 different email addresses from a Linux server via an email client configured for each one of these addresses (same domain), and I need to migrate them over to the new exchange server, but they have to be able to use the same email client. Creating a public folder account for each email address would be easy enough, but from my reviewing of the doc...

Open Exchange server profile of user A logged as user B
Hi all, We got an Exchange server 2000, some users in our network use same computer for checking e-mail, I don't want make them logout an in every time some one checks his email so I've created 5 different outlook profiles for each user. but if I try to open profile(Exchange mailbox) of user "john" whilst logged as user Mark the following error comes up: "You do not have permission to log on". Is there any way of allowing it? Client: OS: Windows 2000 Outlook 2000 Many thanks in advance Ad Garett Not unless you don't care about security. If that's th...

how I can avoid that a user add a new line in a grid
how I can avoid that a user add a new line in a grid thanks in advance! Cesar ...

create check boxes in form
Hi all, I'm trying to create attributes which will be shown as check boxes when i customize forms. Any way to achieve that? Thanks While developing the Form Editor we made the concience decision to not support checkboxes and instead go with radio buttons for boolean fields. This was mostly to preserve the layout of the forms. Use the boolean datatype when adding attributes in the Schema Manager. Jason Hunt Technical Product Manager Microsoft Business Solutions CRM This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Keng Yuen Lok" <k...

Unauthorized "Oh Behalf Of", users say
Gurus, Ours is an Exchange 2003 organization. I have only about 40 users, and it is a very basic configuration: only one or two users have access to check another mailbox, but no user at all has Send On Behalf Of privelidges. However one user has complained that often times, he will send an email from his personal, non-business, POP3 email account, but when he gets a reply it will show that it was sent from his EXCHANGE account, and say From: Userxx@exchange.address On Behalf Of Userxx@pop.address. His Outlook client is configured to check both addresses. Any ideas what is happening h...

Creating a table from non-decimal data
I have a column on the worksheet that has yes or no as the data entered in each cell. How can I create a pie chart of both answers? It must be very easy but I'm stuck! Do you mean you want to a pie chart with count of No's and count of Yes's If yes/No in A1:A100 Count of Yes: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"yes") Count of No: =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"no") Put these in tow cells (B1:B2) Select B1:B2 and use Chart Wizard to make pie chart. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Geraint" <Geraint@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Error message on opening Access 2007
Since converting to 2007, I get an error message: "The form name "frmAdminCentres[+ several Chinese characters]" is either misspelled or refers to a form that doesn't exist" followed by some advice referring to Action Failed dialogue boxes and macros. If I click OK (a total of 11 times) this error message is succeeded by similar messages referring variously to "Form1" and "Form2", before the database opens normally. The form names listed (minus the Chinese characters!!) refer to forms which have long since been deleted from the database. I d...

migrate local user accounts from windows 2000 to windows 2003
Hi all, I have tried addusers_x86 to successfully transfer all my local user accounts from standalone windows 2000 server to another standalone win2003 server. But how do i also transfer their passwords? Pls advise, thks in advance. You can't transfer passwords. "inenewbl" <inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23FAF7A5-9C44-4776-A4DC-2F2FB5557FB1@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I have tried addusers_x86 to successfully transfer all my local user > accounts from standalone windows 2000 server to another standalone win2003...

unable to create a link in email
hi, how can i create a link in my outlook email to link to C:\my documents\How to blade.doc thanks I really don't know, but even if you could, the recipient couldn't see it. It's on your computer. The only way is to attach the file to your message. I would also suggest that your create a PDF so that recipients that don't have Word can read it. Win2PDF at http://www.win2pdf.com or PrimoPDF at http://www.primopdf.com "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrote in message news:1106799740.913670.178870@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > hi, > how can i creat...

access 2000 templates made compatible with access 2007
Is there any way to do a work around that will allow us to use Access 2000 templates in Access 2007. Many of the useful 2000 templates are not offered in the 2003 and 2007 templates on line. Thanks in advance for your help! D. Hiley ...

Cannot access on line help publisher 2003
When I look for help with a problem I am told that on line help is not available. I reinstalled, but no help. In word, no such problem. I have 2003 installed, the online help functions properly. At the bottom of the Search task pane there is a Search drop-down, is Microsoft Office Online enabled? Have you tried the "Detect and Repair?" Re-installing seldom cures problems. Are you sure you are connected? Have you emptied your temporary cache lately? In Internet Explorer, Tools, Internet Options, Delete. You will want to delete the temporary files. -- Mary Sauer ...

Writting to User Registry
Hi, Was wondering if anybody could help. I want to be able to write some registry settings for another user profile on a machine. I am logged in as the administrator, but can't seem to find any examples of how to do this. I know it can be done, as I have seen WinGuides - Tweak Manager do it.. Any Ideas.. Thanks Wayne Gibson "Wayne Gibson" <wayne.gibson@rendersoft.com> wrote in message news:bn90o0$6n0$1$8302bc10@news.demon.co.uk... > Was wondering if anybody could help. > I want to be able to write some registry settings for another user profile > on a machin...

Getting User Name
I am trying to capture user ID ! I have seen various ways how, but I can't seem to capture the unique ID. I have a SQL Server 2k (back end for this DB). The SQL database is running with user permissions for our ERP software. In this new DB the permission are applied to the only three users who will have access to this DB through an ODBC but I want to collect the user ID if possible. I do not have DB security set up in Access since permissions can be carried from SQL Server. Any ideas? Thanks, Rohn "Rohn Everson" <iowarohn@msn.com> wrote in message news:Ob...

What is the OWA time out?
We are running Windows 2003 server and Exchange 2003 in a F/E and B/E setup. OWA with "Forms Based Authentication" is enabled. Can anyone tell me what the timeout is on OWA with "Forms Based Authentication"? Can you point me to any white papers? Thanks for any help, Clayton Clayton, This article should give you what you want in the section titled "Setting the cookie authentication time-out" Basically it's - 15 minutes for "Public or shared computer" and 24 hours for "Private computer" 830827 How to manage Outlook Web A...

OWA
Is there any way to only view "unread" email when viewing messages in Outlook Web Access? Sorry about the duplication. I was receiving an error messages every time I tried to post the question, so I did not realize that the message was actually being posted to the newsgroup. Thanks to Roady and everyone for your help. "Candace" wrote: > Is there any way to only view "unread" email when viewing messages in Outlook > Web Access? Candace wrote: > Sorry about the duplication. I was receiving an error messages every > time I tried to post the quest...

OWA PRoblem #20

Scheduling an ms Access report to run on a specific day
I want to schedule an access report to run on Mondays. Is there a way to perform this within MS Access or do I have to buy a 3rd party tool You can create a macro to print the report, and use Windows Scheduler (built into Windows) to open the database and run the macro. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Jasmine" <lalexanderusa@verizon.net> wrote in message news:OGwK$ejyHHA.4184@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >I want to schedule an access report to run on Mondays. > > Is there a way to perform this within MS Access...