Creating an Exchange mailbox in a child domain.

I am trying to add a mailbox to a user who is in a child domain.  The parent domain is where the Exchange server is located.  When I add the user's mailbox as a domain admin of the child domain, the wizard seems to work fine.  I get a success

I never see the mailbox created on the Exchange system however.  The email doesn't work either

Permissions seem to work just fine in the NEWLY created child domain, but the Exchange link apparently does not work

Any suggestions?
0
anonymous (74722)

Do you have a Recipient Update Service that point to a DC in the child
domain?:

Mark Fugatt
Exchange MVP
http://www.exchangetrainer.com
http://www.msexchange.org
"Sheldon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to add a mailbox to a user who is in a child domain.  The
parent domain is where the Exchange server is located.  When I add the
user's mailbox as a domain admin of the child domain, the wizard seems to
work fine.  I get a success.

> I never see the mailbox created on the Exchange system however.  The email
doesn't work either.

> Permissions seem to work just fine in the NEWLY created child domain, but
the Exchange link apparently does not work.

> Any suggestions?

0
Mark

esm shows wrong exchange server version
I have an Exchange 2000 Installation with SP3 + Rollup package 870540-v2 + Hotfix MS05-021. Exchange System manager still shows Build 6249.4 SP3. Should ESM show a higher Build number ? Thanks for any replies. MC IIRC, ESM only shows SP4 on clustered servers that have the update applied to them. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "MC" <seaedsit@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OW%23lRuARFHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have an Exchange 2000 Installation with SP3 + Rollup package 870540-v2 + ...

Creating array of specific object types dynamically
Hi, little gotcha. Some COM objects requires array of specific type. To give you example, following DOESN'T work: [array]$X = @() However below code works: [int32[]]$X = @() For my framework, array type can be dynamic and I don't know in advance what type it's going to be. So what I would need is below: [$PropertyType[]]$X = @() This doesn't work with error message "Unable to find type". As a workaround, I solved it using following: Invoke-Expression "[$$PropertyType[]]`$Var = @()" This code works as expected, I am just curious if ...

Restoring Exchange 2000 cluster to "standard" Exchange 2000 Enterp
Hi all, At the moment we are creating a "full" test environment built from backup tapes from our live environment. DC's are all up and running. Our 2000 native forest exists out of a top domain and 2 child domains. All DC's are running 2000 SP3 as well as the Exchange servers. Exchange servers are located in the child domains. In one of the child domains which is NL.top.net we have an Exchange cluster, 2 nodes active/active eg. These would be EX01 and EX02 and running EX04 and EX05. Since we unfortunately do not have a SAN in our test site I will not be able to do a DR...

Exchange 2000 DST Changes

OL2003 (Exchange) and OE6 running in the same PC
We are currently upgrading our OS from W98SE to WinXP. Our VP is using Netscape v4.67 with dial-up to access his personal email from the ISP and Novell Groupwise for his internal corporate email. With the new WinXP, he will be authenticate to Active Directory and using Exchange 2003 (Outlook 2003) for corporate email. (Yep, no more Groupwise!!) I want to move him away from Netscape to OE6 (built-in with XP pro). During my test in the lab, for some reasons I can't have OE6 and OL2003 running at the same time. (I can launch either one but not both at the same time) He wants OE6 as his...

Exchange 2003 OWA #6
Exchange 2003 OWA I would appreciate if someone would be able to help me. When I'm trying to access Exchange 2003 Server via OWA, I'm getting error "The folder can't be displayed. You do not have permission to perform this action" We also running Microsoft ISA Server. Thanks ...

automaticly create graph
what i would like to do is create a spread sheet where by i entered the fixed and variable costs as well as the selling price. i would then like a graph to automaicly change and display the this info. Does anyone know how to do this. Decide which cells on the spreadsheet you wish to include in the chart. Select those cells. Follow the menu option: Insert/ Chart, and answer the questions in the wizard. Have you looked in Excel help at the topics concerned with charts, starting with "Create a chart"? Have you looked at the training material under http://office.microsoft.com/...

Create static text from cell reference

NNTP move to Exchange?
Hi, I'm having a problem with getting a NNTP feed from a INND 2.2.1 server to Exchange 2003; are there any known issues here? Has anyone done this type of migration before? What issues did you encounter? It seems as if Exchange just wants to pull down a few of the groups (of which we have over 100 internal) and even with that, not even pull all of the messages in from those few groups (it usually gets a few hundred messages). I'm using the basic NNTP wizards but everything looks to be configured correctly. Thanks, Dan ...

Exchange Connector Wizard error

Creating a Graph
hi all, i want to create a grapg dynamically getting the values from a file.. take for example the first row is the x axis and the second row is the y axis. i am planning to do this in mfc. what needs to be done for this.. if somebody has an example relating this please send me the link or the code.. thanks Read the data. Plot it. First, you have to read the data. You read the data and build an array of <x,y> pairs in whatever way you want to save them, e.g., int, float, double. This is pretty elementary programming. To do a graph in a very fancy way, you should use an existing gra...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

How do I setup an SMTP gateway / smart host for Exchange 5.5 internet bound mail
My current setup has a Windows NT 4.0 Exchange 5.5 server setting on our company LAN behind a Microsoft ISA Server. The Exchange server's Internet Mail Connector binds to (I assume this is the proper terms) port 25 on the ISA server for inbound and outbound Internet Mail. Our company has finally upgraded to a new Cisco Pix Firewall which we are able to setup a DMZ on. The suggestion by our ISP is to setup an SMTP gateway in the DMZ and have our internal Exchange server send mail to it destined for the Internet. I am aware that most of the work for making the connections from the SMTP ...

Outlook won't conect to Exchange
Client: XP pro, Office 2003 Pro Server: Server 2003 I cannot get a client's Outlook to connect to Exchange server--or at least I THINK that's the issue. I have tried everything that I and the sys admin can think of. We've even uninstalled and re-installed the whole of Office. Out of desparation, I tried something that I thought would probably not have any impact, but it worked--temporarily. I deleted the use's mail profile, and the application opened and displayed all the users mail! I thought I was pretty close to being home free, so then I closed Outlook and re-opened...

Exchange Server C Drive No free space
Hi All, Need some advise. The Exchange Server during certain times C Drive will not have free space. I have check that during that period there is a temp file which will increase in size and takes up all the disk space in C. The file will not have any extension (the file name ex. T232C or R408). When this happened, the Exchange MTA service will stop, users will not able to send email. I have rum Spyware scan, Virus Scan, Online Virus scan, all seems to be cleaned). Anyone experience this before? Thanks in Advance for the help. -- Danny Chieng Technical Engineer On Wed, 26 Jul 2006...

Assistance with ESEUTIL ans ISINTEG on Exchange 5.5
Folks, I need to perform some maintenance on a exchange 5.5 server. My users are complaining about speed, etc... First, GOOD BACKUP! Second, Take down all MS Exchange services Third, I want to run "ISINTEG -s EXCHANGE -FIX" correct? This will hopefully fix ant integrity issues. I am told to run it over and over until it comes up clean.. Once the integrity check is clean... Fourth, I run these three: eseutil /d /ds eseutil /d /ispriv eseutil /d /ispub If all goes well... Finally, startup MS Exchange services.. This is my plan. Any suggesstions? Comments? 1) GOOD BA...

Create a Loop for create a phone call
Hi Best Regards Excuse me for my bad english I am developing a workflow, which must create automatically phone calls and assign them to certain users of the following way: it must create the number of 10 calls and to assign them to user 1, to create 5 calls and to assign them to user 2 etc the data of the phone calls is in a database I am trying to create a loop but I have not found like I am thankful for your help regards You will need to do this using the CRM SDK/web service. Do something like : CrmService service = new CrmService(); // Setup the CrmService class here foreach (U...

Creating formulas to calculate time on a 24 hr time clock
I have to create a spreadsheet that will calculate total hrs worked. I've tried several different ways but I guess I don't know enough about building formulas to actually make the thing work. For example, I used a basic formula D3=A3-B3+IF(A3>B3,1)*12. This works to show the time but not the number of hours worked. If an employee comes in 1/2 hour late, it does not properly calculate this. How can I correct my formula? MW I have tried your formula and it works fine (with start time in B3 and finish time in A3). Format the reult as h:mm and it's OK. Andy "MWI...