Creating an AD account don't make the mailbox in exch2K3

Hi,
I don't understand what's happening.
When I create a new account in AD, it no longer creates the mailboxes in
exchange 2003.
It was working a week ago...
It asks me if I also want to create a mailbox, I answer YES and ... no
mailbox.

Please help me, I must create this mailbox quickly since a new employee
arrived and my boss doesn't understand why the mail is not set yet.
0
Zaw (5)

I believe that the mailbox is actually created only after the first message
is sent to it or there is a first logon. So if you are looking for it and you
do not see it, this may be the cause.

Frank

"Zaw" wrote:

> Hi,
> I don't understand what's happening.
> When I create a new account in AD, it no longer creates the mailboxes in
> exchange 2003.
> It was working a week ago...
> It asks me if I also want to create a mailbox, I answer YES and ... no
> mailbox.
>
> Please help me, I must create this mailbox quickly since a new employee
> arrived and my boss doesn't understand why the mail is not set yet.
0
FrankHill (24)

hide CEO mailbox
Is there is away to hide a mailbox from the GAL, not by using Hide from Exchange address lists “ exchange advanced tab” in exchange 2003 ? Our CEO would like to hide his name from general public in the GAL but at the same time, he wanted to make sure some of dept ( lawyers dept or VPs) can find him in the GAL. he only want certain people can view his name in the GAL. so i was wondering is there any ways we can modify in the Security to restrict users to view his information in the GAL ? you could create a "restricted" address list, perhaps, or perhaps instead, set delivery...

Can you make excel auto save your workbook?
I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is possible. Can it do that? Hi what Excel version are you using? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rhiannon" <Rhiannon@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:FE6930C8-D9D4-46D0-825E-0C25A02C1B71@microsoft.com... > I need Excel to automaticly save my work every 2 or 3 minutes if that is > possible. Can it do that? Excel 2003 "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > what Excel version are you using? > > -- > Regards > Frank Kabel > Frankfurt, Germany &g...

Need help in accessing a sharepoint site that I created with the AllTemplates.exe
SBS2008 with WSS 3.0 I downloaded the AllTemplates.exe from Microsoft and installed the Helpdesk template. I can acess the Helpdesk site from SBS2008 and add things to it but I can't access it from a workstation. Can anyone help me out? Thanks You mean you can only access the site from the Server in local , right? maybe we need more information such as error message. how about doing "ping" or "tracert" result. can you access a normal web site (not sharepoint site) from the workstation ? do you get an authentication window ? "john doe" wr...

Outlook delegate-mailbox deletion problem
This sounds like an easy one however, haven't found resolution yet. Here's scenario... User B reported to User A and added A to his delegation for being copied on all meeting request replies (done from Outlook 2000). All was well until User A left the company and mailbox was subsequently archived and deleted. Ever since the mailbox deletion, all attendees accepting a meeting request from User B receive an NDR referencing inability to deliver reply to User A's mailbox. The typical answer would be to open User B's Outlook app, goto delegates and remove User A.. The problem is...

Cannot change account type.
I have an HSA with a credit union that is updated online, I want to have it listed under the Investment Accounts instead of Bank Accounts. The option to change the account type is greyed out with the message "...online-enable account cannot be changed" Was there a question here? I think the message you got tells you about three fourths of the problem. The final fourth that the first three fourths prevents you from getting to is that an Investment Account and a Bank Account are fundamentally different types--one holds Investments, the other holds cash--so a change from one ...

Creating a Campaign Response via Follow-up
When you create a new Task/Phone Call or other activity via the Follow-up tab, the new Activity is associated with the entity you are looking at. (so following up a Contact with a Phone Call will create a Phone Call which is associated with the Contact) This is not the case for the Campaign Response activity - when you create a Campaign Response via the Follow-up tab, the Customer field (ie regarding) is left blank and hence not associated with anyone. Presumably this is a bug - anyone know if there is a hotfix for this? Kind Regards, Paul. ...

How do I import my address book from my POP 3 Juno account?
I'm hoping to import my address book from my juno email on the web account to Outlook, and then to export it to my new Hotmail account. I seem to be botching it badly, so far. I was able to save my list to 'Recent Documents'. My efforts to COPY and Paste as an individual 'New Contact' result in partial information and the email address, phone number, etc. are missing. Are there step-by-step instructions to accomplish what should be a relatively easy task? Also, it looks as though Outlook has stripped all of my mail from my juno account. How do I send it b...

How does POP3 authenticate mailbox permissions?
Hi All, How does POP3 authenticate mailbox permissions? background: I working on a project to implement a Mailbox Management tool whichs uses POP3 to grab mails sent to about 300 mailboxes. I was using mailbox enabled generic accounts to configure the application (worked OK) but this is screwing up our enterprise directory. the only other solution is to create disabled mailboxes and add and non mail-enabled generic accounts to have full control of the 300 mailboxes. but the application throws up errors that the account hasn't got permissions on the mailbox. any ideas!! ...

Get $500 to your PAYPAL Account by just one CLICK #2

Cascading account ownership to Order ownership
Hi, I have read the threads regarding cascading ownership and changing the parental to cascading none. However on the Account Order there is no parental realtionship so I how would I go about preventing the ownership of the Order changing with the account owner changes. ...

Creating a summary sheet
I have a spreadsheet that is about 200 rows down and 60 columns accross. I want to create a second summary tab that will pull over only certain columns from the "detail" sheet. As I update the detail sheet I want to also update the summary sheet - so far no problem, but if I add a new row in the detai sheet - how can I also add the same row in the summary sheet and only bring over columns I want on the summary sheet (the columns are not next to each other) Paste link does not insert the row in the summary sheet unless I drag the formulas - which I do not want to do. Is th...

Deleted Accounts in AD
Hello! I am trying to reduce store database sizes by emptying mailboxes of accounts deleted in Active Directory. I tried creating a profile in Outlook but cannot resolve the account name. Is there a way to do this without recreating the account and reconnecting to the mailbox? I would reduce the store sizes by approx. 2 GB. Thank you. -- JoeCL LACO-CAO if you have no need for the data in the mailboxes, just purge them... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "JoeCL" <JoeCL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BA4EE14-82E1-42E7-96F3-F79BA50B5793@microsoft.com... >...

Exporting e-mail account settings
I want to transfer all my account settings to another computer, also running Outlook 2003. How do I do this? Many thanks Tony Not sure what operating system you are using, but I tend to using Windows XP's Files and Setting Transfer Wizard and Microsoft Office's 2003 Save My Settings Wizard to transfer settings from one system to the next. Another possibility is the user state migration tool. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4AF2D2C9-F16C-4C52-A203-8DAF944DD555&displaylang=en "Tony Rush" <NOtony_w_rushSPAM@btopenworld.com> wrote i...

Problem when adding an appointment in CRM from the SFO ver. 1.2
When the users make an appointment in the SFO, its fails. The SFO makes the activity on the contact, but the Outlook synchronisation fails. The appointment does not appear in the Outlook calendar. Then we reinstall the appointment form in Outlook, clear the forms cache, and the problem is resolved. Then after some time (weeks) the problem comes back. Any ideas? Best regards Jacob Mondrup IT Manager, Cultivator Denmark. have you loaded the latest rollup patch for the outlook client? http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=127a274d-bc20-4e2f-be0d-1247455748...

Increment Account Numbers
Hello, I'm trying to figure out a way to generate account number and increment them based on dates. For example: A-Account Number B-Date 1 P010110-01 01/01/10 2 P010110-02 01/01/10 3 P010210-01 01/02/10 4 P020310-01 02/03/10 5 P020410-01 02/04/10 6 P020410-02 02/04/10 7 P020410-03 02/04/10 So in column A the account number is generated by the date entered in column b. If the date enter is 0...

Should be able to create recurring service activities
It would be nice to be able to create recurring service activities and appointments. We use the shared service calendar and other members of my team cannot see when i am carrying out the month end routine each month unless i manually create an appointment for it. It would be most helpful if you could create a recurring appointment or service activity within crm to save time each time you have the same activity. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree&q...

Move downloaded transactions to another account?
For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct account. Is this possible to do in Money 2008? in 2007 right click on the transaction and copy and paste to different account, not sure about 08. "Noozer" <dont.spam@me.here> wrote in message news:%23JYlJMq3HHA.4672@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > For some reason, the downloaded transactions for one account have appeared > in another account. I don't see any way to move these to the correct > account. > > I...

Trouble with bulk import accounts in CRM 3.0
I'm having difficulties with bulk import wizard; I exported contacts from exchange pub folder into a tab separated file, but all I get from the import wizard is an error message “The source import file is corrupt”. I’ve tried a couple of combinations for the separator symbol and tried reducing the number of mapped fields from Outlook but with no results… Any ideas ? I am facing exactly the same problem in importing leads from a tab delimited spreadsheet into MS CRM 3.0. It was EXACTLY the same spreadsheet I have used in MS CRM 1.2 where it worked fine. Any suggestions on what mig...

Adding Array Fields on forms
How to use Modifier to add an array fields of 3 elements on a form? thks in advance. Hi HFLO, Open modifier and select gp or 3rd party and then select exisiting modified form or select new form and then open window layout. From the Toolbox slect local fields in drop-down and press the new button and then enter field name and enter the array size for e.g. 3 and then select the datatype string or text and press OK button. Toolbox will show the newly created the array field, select that arrayfield and drag and dropped onto the layout 3 times. Hence ur array field would be there on ur for...

Adding up numbers from columns.
How can I sum up multiple columns while not letting each cell "associated values" sum to a number greater than one specified. For example, if I have sets of colums: 14 3 12 2 11 2 11 1 10 1 and 20 5 19 4 18 3 17 2 and 25 6 22 4 20 3 18 2 I want to know what 3 combination of numbers in the left 3 colums giv me the highest value...WITHOUT letting the correspoding numbers in th right hand column be greater than, say 10. Thanks, Larr -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Optimizer choice doesn't make sense, goes from index seek to table scan when adding a SARG
Running on SQL Server 2008 SP1. The following select (correctly) uses a non-clustered index on ACCT_TYP_CD returning just over 15000 rows in 41ms. It does a single scan and needs 37 logical reads to complete the query. select acct_cd from CS_FUND where ACCT_TYP_CD = 'G'; Change the query to be this: select acct_cd from CS_FUND where ACCT_TYP_CD = 'G' and GRP_TYPE_CD = 'BKR_RULES'; and the optimizer now chooses to do a clustered index scan, taking significantly longer, 971 ms, 8 scans and over 59,000 logical reads. It returns no rows. T...

reactivate email account
My primary email account is hotmail. I have a second email account in live. I have not used the live account for a while and when I tried to send/receive email from this account I get an error message. What can I do to fix this. Well, what is the error message? If it states your account is closed, etc. you will have to ask over in the Live Solution Center forum... they can address account problems there.... http://windowslivehelp.com/ -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "John C." <John C.@discussions.mic...

Size mismatch between stm/edb files and mailboxes
I am puzzled! Am running out of diskspace on our exchange drive and badly need to reduce the size of the exchange database. The total size of the priv1.edb and stm files is approx 6Gb. If I add up the total size of all the mailboxes as shown in ESM it comes to approx 1.5 Gb. Running eseutil /ms and calculating the free space for both files gives me approx 1.2Gb, which is what I believe I will regain by defragging the store. So where is my remaining 3.3Gb gone!!!! The online maintanence is completing fine each night. Deleted item retention is set to 0, and we haven't deleted any ...

how to create emails with sound when opening
how to create emails with sound when opening Buster <Buster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how to create emails with sound when opening http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/addingsound.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

create customize trendlines
How do you create customize trendlines (w/o doing any additional spreadsheet calculations)? For example, Excel gives you the option of plotting y=m(lnx)+b. I might like to plot y=m(logx)+b instead. Does anyone know any easy way to do this using the trendline option (I've seen graphing programs where you can edit existing curve fits or creat new ones.)? Thanks! ...