Create User Access - [WildPacket]

I want a user to be able to create users, mailbox and contacts on the server
and nothing else.

Waht groups should this user be member of?

Elplz
0
WILDPACKET (529)

You'll probably want to make a custom set of permissions. Start with making
them an Exchange View Only Administrator. Then apply permissions to the dbs
or storage groups that you want them to be able to create mailboxes. Then
use the AD delegation of control wizard to give them the permissions they
need in AD.

Nue
"WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want a user to be able to create users, mailbox and contacts on the
>server
> and nothing else.
>
> Waht groups should this user be member of?
>
> Elplz

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Old servers showing up in "Create an exchange mailbox" wizard.
Greetings, I have a customer who removed some Exchange 5.5 servers in an usual fashion, and as such I removed them from the ORG by using ADSIEDIT to delete them. The problem is these mailbox servers are still showing up as target options in the create a new mailbox selection wizard. How can I clear these dead and gone servers from this list? The SRS databases and ADC are long gone, and the enviornment is native mode 2003. Also I thought at one point making a server a front-end server made it not show up in this list. I see all their front-end servers in this list, so I am guess my recollectio...

How can I access a public calendar from a custom form
I am trying to create a custom form that would allow a employee to request a vactation time frame. This form would then be mailed to a supervisor who could approve or disapprove the request. I am having difficulty getting the response posted to a public calendar vs. the managers private calendar. Help! -Jeff ...

Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in Set Program Access and Defaults
I just installed Office 2007 Pro but for some reason Outlook 2007 doesn't appear in my "set program access and defaults". Outlook Express appears as my only option and Outlook Express appears in the e- mail slot on my start menu. Any ideas why? You must uninstall any prior version of Outlook and re-run setup using a = custom installation and make Outlook available. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching...

from access 97 to 2003
I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - 1611: Could not find field 'Description'. I know this might be basic but i am only a student and learning. Please copuld ye help. What does this mean???????? "Eoin" <jtleb@yahoo.com> wrote: >I am after converting a database, in work, from access 97 >to 2003. I am on work experience and i have to get this >done soon. In the conversion error table. i got error - >1611: Could not find...

Search box within access or third party addon to do such?
I have an access database with 6 columns. I am putting in an inventory of all of my items with their corresponding sizes and weights, etc. I will have over 2000 lines/records when I am done. What I want to do, is either create something withing Access, or find a third party add0on, that will allow me to search within the fields, and return the corresponding results here is what I have for example category style size width weight notes sample 1abc 5 2.2 2.1 sample 1add 3 2.5 2.1 for turning stock 3bbb 3 ...

Any suggestions on how to create a simple monogram?
I'm trying to create a simple monogram, and was hoping for some suggestions. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks. Probably WordArt if you are using Publisher. There are lots of alphabets on the ClipArt site. You can ungroup them and manipulate the letters into a monogram. What initials are you using? http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx?lc=en-us -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cmarnett" <cmarnett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91315A55-2E5A-4151-8D3D-54F94785A3E4@...

Help, urgent, connection to access database
Hi, all I met a problem about access database connection. I have a program reading data from access database through ODBC. When the access database located on local server, and created ODBC linked to local database,the program runs without problem, but if it is a network shared database, and created ODBC linked to the shared database, the program prompts error: "workgroup file is missing". Yes, I used workgroup file in current database and set correct security. So what's the problem? is problem of the ODBC drive? you should not be using ODBC Access stop...

Access 97 to Access 2003 DataBase conversion 08-30-07
Hi, We work in a mostly french environment. We have a standard image using MUI Microsoft products (XP and Office 2003 are MUI) Since the convertion of an ACCESS 97 BD into Access 2003, we experience a sort sequence problem when using: DoCmd.Openform or DoCmd.ApplyFilter A selection on a name like "Cot�" will return no record. Asking for "Cote" will return all records including "Cot�". I suspect a problem with MUI (multi-user interface) but I did not find any recommandation at Microsoft. Thanks. "Jacques Tr�panier" <zx_jacques@hotmail.com>...

new to making forms on access
Ok I have a table whihc has column name title and some survey question. Now i want to create a form so that when i select Name ( I guess this will be combo box) I dont know how to do that even where i can select name ? but when i select name the person title auto populates and so does the relevant answers to the questions for example i choose John and the title should auto populate and question 1 should populate also and so on but if i pick adam then everything related to adam populates. Your help will be really appreciated The table look like this Name Title Qu...

Access / System crashed while generating report
Hi, I'm on XP PRO w SP3 running Access 2003 via Office XP Pro. I was creating a report using the report wizard and Access and XP Pro hung up. I waited 5 minutes and the system was still hung up. I then manually powered down the computer. When I get back into my Access project, I immediately receive the error message "The report name 'Report1' you entered in either the property sheet or macro is misspelled or refers to a report that does not exist. If the invalide report name is a macro, an Action Failed dialog box will display the macro's arguments ...

Creating a basic phone followup
I am very new to this CRM product. I have set up a letter campaign to a small group of potential customers and I'd like to create a phone call tracking list for my phone follow ups. What is the quickest/best way to achieve this? ...

Import Adobe Form into Access for Report
I am trying to import a PDF into Access to use as a report and populate the fields with a query I have created. I can not find any help in getting this to work. Can someone help me? -- Terry Foster Tax Trilogy ...

Payroll should allow concurrent builds by different users
In a company that is heavy payroll, all checks are processed in the same day but by different users for different subsets of employees. Allowing concurrent builds would be nice. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolution...

Combing Text with Ex. Field Name to Create A New Field Name....I Think?
Hello, I have a query that will return data from a table, and another query. Here is my question. This is an existing fuel database. It runs on a keylock system so there are keys numbered A1 to C10. The table returns a sum of fuel based on a key (for example A1). I have a set of fields from another existing query labelled DIFFA1, DIFFA2, etc. What I would like to do is return the value for "DIFFA1" when I am returning the information from Key A1. I would like to set up an expression something to the effect of: Expr1: "DIFF" & [Key] I did this and it returns the ...

Send to Remote user problem
Using Exchange 5.5 on a Win 2k server All users in the office work fine. New employee works exclusively on the road, never coming to the office. I set up the account so that the office people could email through Outlook ( obviously wrong ) to the employee's internet email account. Exchange converts the email address to the local email mail box name and nothing is sent. I know this is my error, but I need help fixing it. The SMTP addresses are User@MyDomain.com the in office mailbox and User1@msn.com the internet address I want everything sent...

Create field from append query based on linked table name
Here's the setup: Two linked tables called 'PHD' and 'XANS' bring in daily data from two CSV files. A union table-query puts the common data in both into the same name fields. This table-query is called 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE'. I then created a new table called 'SOLS_MAIN' and I ran an append query called 'SOLS_DATA_APPEND' to append the data in the table-query, 'SOLS_DATA_MERGE' into the new table, 'SOLS_MAIN'. The main reason for this was so that I could assign my data a primary key. Even though I have achieved my goal of merging the da...

how to create a phone directory on labels
I want to make a new phone direcotry list with lablels. I only want first and last name and home phone and cell phone on the list so it will fit on labels that I can put in my flip phone book. I need step by step instructions on how to do this. Thanks. Mary Jane example John Doe 310-322-1311 418-234-1234 2003 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH062524751033.aspx 2007 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Mary Jane" <Mary Jane@disc...

ActiveX component can't create object
I am installing Dynamics 7.5 on a new dell optiplex gx620. When running forms with VBA I get the error "ActiveX component can't create object" before the window opens. And then the error continues as you use the form. I have tried copying the VBA file from other working computers with no luck. I have checked the references in the VB and all that are checked on other working machines are checked on this new Dell. Any ideas? I have 2 new dells that this is not working on I would suspect the O/S rather than the hardware. What operating system are these new machines running? ...

Updating .nsf lotus notes server file
Hi, Using the below code i can fetch data from the .nsf file kept in the server. Dim LotusWizard As DAO.Recordset Dim session As Object Dim notesdb As Object Dim notesView As Object Dim NotesEntry As Object Dim notesdoc As Object Dim Item As NotesItem Dim doccollection As Object Dim datetime As NotesDateTime i = 0 Set session = CreateObject("Notes.NotesSession") Set notesdb = session.GetDatabase("Server", "path\file.nsf") 'Check if open If notesdb.IsOpen = True Then ...

User login not deleting in GP8.0
Hi have created a new user ID & given access to a company. After loggin into GP8.0 and log-off from the company, am unable to delete this above created user . A message is displayed saying "Cannot drop login as the user is currently logged in. Am using the 'sa' as the user when deleting. This is not true as user activity table is clear, other than the final user sa. From the backend, on delete of user from GP (Tools>System>User), only user ID is deled from each of the Databases, but the SQL login remains in the security folder. Hi Un check the SQL options in ...

Pivot Table accessing data from OLAP cube
Hi, I am creating a Pivot table using OLAP cube (in Excel 2007) on Windows Server 2003 OS and same Pivot Table using OLAP on Windows XP. The wierd problem i am facing is that on Windows Server 2003 OS, the moment I finish importing the cube, it shows me a screen like "Drop Row/Column Fields here" and on Windows XP, it simply shows the structure of Pivot table. Secondly,on functional side, if I email this spreadsheet across (created on Windows XP), then the other person is not able to edit/modify it, getting a warning message "Initialization of the Data Source faile...

How to create first sheet as a list of names of remaining sheets?
I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the list of sheet names for the remaining sheets. Hi Datanull, You might look at David McRitchie's 'Build Table of Contents' page at: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm --- Regards, Norman <datanull@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1117217081.633053.269190@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... >I want the first sheet to be a TOC of sorts with one column that is the > list of sheet names for the remaining sheets. > or... My Excel add-in "Excel Extras" -Table o...

Creating PDF from Publisher 2007
I have Publisher 2007, and need to create a PDF file to upload to my company website. The file is approx. 40 pages and I want to have the bookmarks usable in the PDF format. I have the PDf converter download, but no access to Acrobat. Is it possible to have the bookmarks I created in Publisher carried over to the PDF file with the simple plug-in converter provided from Microsoft? You've posted your question in the wrong group. This group is dedicated to Microsoft Access. You should repost in microsoft.public.publisher -- _________ Sean Bailey "Beth" wrote: > I h...

activate/deactivate macro depending on who's the user
in my office we have a shared drived folder that is used by different users,we store excel worksheets in the shared folder. Each user have to log in to the PC with a different ID to start using the it. I need a macro to automatically hide/unhide rows in the excel worksheet depending on who the user is. How should i write the macro? Please help. Hi Anna This should get you started Sub UnHideCols() Dim user As String user = Environ("Username") With Sheets("Sheet1") ' you have to leave at least 1 column visible on a sheet '...

Outlook Problem-Access to email addresses
I installed Office XP this morning and after setting up my email the following dialog box comes up every time I want to send a message: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be a virus and you should choose no". It then gives me the ability to allow access for a specified period of time but not longer than 10 minutes. How do I get rid of this? Regards, Susan Susan <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I installed Office XP this morning and after setting up...