create rule to copy sent items sent on behalf of delegate

We have a few support accounts where delegates have permission to send
on behalf of this account. The Sent items will appear in the "Sent
folder" of the delegate instead of account owner; apparently this is by
design. This is a problem for us, though, because other delegates of
the account can't see what has been sent on behalf of the account,
i.e., User A does not know the support emails sent by User B on behalf
of support@company.com. KB317865 supplies a solution by way of copying
all the items in the Delegates Sent Folder to the account owners Sent
Folder. I would like to know if there is a way to create a rule that
will automate this process: copy sent items sent on behalf of a
delegate to the sent folder of the account manager.

0
rfbend (3)

On 15 May 2006 09:32:59 -0700, rfbend@gmail.com wrote:

>We have a few support accounts where delegates have permission to send
>on behalf of this account. The Sent items will appear in the "Sent
>folder" of the delegate instead of account owner; apparently this is by
>design. This is a problem for us, though, because other delegates of
>the account can't see what has been sent on behalf of the account,
>i.e., User A does not know the support emails sent by User B on behalf
>of support@company.com. KB317865 supplies a solution by way of copying
>all the items in the Delegates Sent Folder to the account owners Sent
>Folder. I would like to know if there is a way to create a rule that
>will automate this process: copy sent items sent on behalf of a
>delegate to the sent folder of the account manager.

It's an Outlook function and you'd only need it if the client was
open. I'm pretty sure you could, give it a go, see if it works, if it
does, post it back here and someone will blog it up and give you the
credits.
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/15/2006 5:53:17 PM
Well, I went into the Rules and Wizards tool in Outlook and you can
create a rule that copies items upon sending to another user . When you
are creating the rule, there is an option to apply the rule based on a
specified account; however, you can't choose another Exchange account,
which in this case would be the support@company.com account, you can
only apply the rule to your own account. Also, the above rule would
really forward the copied email to support's Inbox instead of the Sent
folder.

Hope I am successfully conveying the details; please let me know if you
need clarification. Also, let me know if I misunderstood you.

Thx!

0
rfbend (3)
5/15/2006 6:32:40 PM
On 15 May 2006 11:32:40 -0700, rfbend@gmail.com wrote:

>Well, I went into the Rules and Wizards tool in Outlook and you can
>create a rule that copies items upon sending to another user . When you
>are creating the rule, there is an option to apply the rule based on a
>specified account; however, you can't choose another Exchange account,
>which in this case would be the support@company.com account, you can
>only apply the rule to your own account. Also, the above rule would
>really forward the copied email to support's Inbox instead of the Sent
>folder.
>
>Hope I am successfully conveying the details; please let me know if you
>need clarification. Also, let me know if I misunderstood you.
>
>Thx!

I'd have done this with the "specific words in the body" part of the
rule and made sure that all users sent mails with the
"support@domain.com' email address in their signature or tag. That
would process the rule.
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/15/2006 6:46:35 PM
Awesome! I think that's going to work.

Thanks a bunch!

0
rfbend (3)

How do I create a sample in Excel?

How do you delete an Assembly Item?
I have an assembly item code, and I want to delete it to make it inactive. I cannot find any help on this, nor can I actually FIND the assembly item. Please help!! This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0461_01C6F844.55DE89B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nutribodies, You can't make an Assembly inactive as its not really an item, just a = reference to a group of items. You can delete it though. One way of finding items is by their Item type. Click on the Item Type = column header and th...

Copy Toolbar
Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ The toolbar settings are in the *.xlb file. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "HelpMe >" <<HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:HelpMe.zmcsh@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can someone tell me if there is a way to copy a toolbar I created on my > computer to another computer? Thanks for your help! > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > You...

making filtering rules?
hi, i am trying to create a rule that goes something like if (site1.com OR site2.org OR site3.gov) AND (agri OR agriculture OR agribusiness) then move to folder X that is, if it is from any of those sites AND has any of those keywords then move it. The problem is i can't seem to figure out the specifying the AND part. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko ...

Copy HYPERLINKS
I have about 200 entries in col a Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations I would like a macro to copy ONLY the hyperlinks from Col a to Col b Currently the hyperlinked items are interspaced over the entire col a, I would like to have all the hyperlinks moved to Col B one under the other with no spaces. Thanks Are they =HYPERLINK functions or Inserted hyperlinks?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200750 "pcor" wrote: > I have about 200 entries in col a > Some of these entries are hyperlinks to other locations > I would like a macro to copy ONLY the...

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Creating Exchange 2003 organization

BCC view of already sent message(s)
Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or see whom I did send the message in my "message sent folder? Select the message in your Sent Items folder. Press Ctrl+F3. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar" = <FoxBravoMetroDeltaOscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:C8E184C0-8EDA-4608-A2C6-ED244211A40B@microsoft.com... > Once I did send a message(s) to BCC recipients...How do I review or = see whom=20 > I did sen...

Setting Defaults in New Item Wizard
How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to always be checked. Help... Good question, I need an answer too. "A StanTech Associate" wrote: > How can I set a default value in the New Item Wizard? I want to always use a > barcode type that is about 10 down from the top and I want Taxable Item to > always be checked. Help... You can set the default sales tax under Manager, File, Configuration, Sales Tax, Default item tax group. To set a default barcode type yo...

Carbon Copy of a message
when ever I get an email from 2 specific users the message always Carbon Copies itself and I cant figure out why. So I end up with 2 of the same messages. Any help would rock Thanx ...

Can't create the item #2

Items for review wont show up
I am using MS Money 2004 Small Business. My checking account balance is downloaded each day from my bank. For the last couple days, it continues to download transactions, and tells me that there are now 8 items to review, but when I open up the account, nothing is bold faced to review. On the pane to the left, it still lists 8 items to review. I even went to the bank website and downloaded in the most recent transactions, but this only made the list of items to review larger. I still can't accept any of them. I have tried a quick repair. I also tried restoring the back up, bu...

mysession & deleting a line item on the pos screen
I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. So I have tried to do a myssion.transaction.entries(1).Delete and other sorts of things. Does anyone know of a way to accomplish this? Thanks in advance for any help on this. Hi, Use code like this: For Each item In mysession.Transaction.entries If FindItem(item.item.id, item.quantity, item.item.description) Then mysession.Transaction.entries.remove(item) End If Next "ClothingStore" wrote: > I want to automatically have my dll delete a line on the pos screen. ...

creating template for multiple emails
How or can one create an email template (same subject line and message)for multiple emails (approx 100's)? Needing to shorten the time it takes sending 100's of individual emails (with the same subject line and same message) to sales staff on a weekly (some times daily) basis. Company does not want sales force using other sales persons email addresses (they are contractors). Try using a Distriburtion List, send one message, it goes to all of them, or get the message ready, put your address in the TO: field, and put everyone else in the BCC: field?? That way no one can see wher...

Rule Wizard: "Rules In Error"
I have a blackberry, and I have my outlook forwarding emails to it, but about once a day, I get a message that says "Rules in Error: Error in Rule Execution" and it won't forward any emails after that. I only have one single rule, so it's not a rule conflict. Does anyone know the deal? This is extremely frustrating as sometimes I'll be out of the office during the weekend or at night and won't receive any message for hours on my blackberry, only to find out later that this "Rules in Error" dialog box popped up and it won't forward emails. It see...

How to receive photos sent to me without having to click on them
I have just started using Outlook 2007. I am unable to receive photos in the text email message. They all come as attachments. I cannot find any settings to allow direct insertion of photos into the email text message area. Help Please..... Outlook doesn't support inline images. See http://www.slipstick.com/mail1/inline.asp for options. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslett...

modifying and copying multiply selections
Why when I select multiply objects, including text boxes or when I try to select them and then drag to a different locations the program just create a new copy but leaves the old one behind it? It didn't happen when I was working with other versions of Power Point. I think http://www.pptfaq.com/FAQ00882.htm will help. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Slav" <Sl...

How do I create upper/lower case letters in cells?
I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? You could create helper cells with this formula =proper(A1) "boz130" wrote: > I have a large spreadsheet with names/addresses that are all capitalized. I > want to make them upper and lower case (SMITH = Smith). What's the formula? ...