create new users STRANGE problem

Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not
asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003.
I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise
edition,owa and my web application on the same server.
My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change
user password.
All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web
application user can create 50 mailboxes.
But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and
the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the
web app, even if he can create ad users correctly.
In fact these new users are not mailbox enable and I can enable them only
through active directory users and computers tool
It seems to be a problem related to cdoexm createmailbox method.

Can you help me?

Thank you in advance

I'm sorry for cross posting but the problem is very strange and I
don't know exactly which forum to use.

0
Gianluca1 (3)

GDI Problem with Excel and two colour fill effect charting
Over the last few months I have had the same problem in excel with all charts where I've used a two colour fill effect for either a data series or background. When I use this feature the entire chart is only viewable in black and white and excel takes a long time to actually draw the chart. However if I print the chart or even copy and paste into powerpoint all the colours are as they should be. The mpeg moviw below shows how excel draws an example chart when the chart sheet is activated http://www.paperlessbooks.co.uk/barchart_example.avi and to see how excel prints to pdf see the pdf...

Old Users in a single mailbox
Hi all, I have had a request to forward all emails directed to old employees to a single central folder that could be administered easily.. i am thinking this is possible with exchange, but dont know how to achieve it. I imagine i should have to create a new mailbox that admins can add to their Outlook folder list, and then somehow make a list of all incoming email to the server to certian addresses to be forwarded here.. any ideas guys? thanks! Add all the email aliases to a single mailbox. Not very elegant but it should work. Nue "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.c...

Assign Activities to multiple users
Is there a way to assign activities to multiple users so that they are both alerted? Thank you! Make a group Depending on the activity type, perhaps you can add different people as an activity party. For instance, appointments and service appointment allow several participants with the same role (it is a multiple selection lookup). Andreu- "AAA" <AAA@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje de noticias:8F84725A-163A-4077-A04C-26D18128DA26@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to assign activities to multiple users so that they are > both > alerte...

Access Office file that has been opened by another user
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel We have some type of Windows server that we use to share Office files (Word and Excel mainly). Using a Mac, if I try to open a file that someone else is editing on a windows machine, I get the following error message: "The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location. Or, the server the document is stored on may not be responding." I cannot copy this file either. Using Windows, if I try to open the same file, I get a message that I have to open it as read-only but it will open fine and allow me to...

Problems and more problems with exchange 2003 sbs
Today I reboot the our server, this is the first occasion after install a patch (that the windows has downloaded automatically) before few days. In 1 hour i received a message that the C: drive is full (yesterday I has 7GB free space) . surprised and checking the problem, I receive in my workstation a message that the outlook is not conected to the server. I seen that the mdadata folder has same hundreds of logs of 5MB size!!! After I move a lot of them to another location the exchange fill the free space with new logs...I change the configuration to make a circular logs and i moved a few hu...

Contacts Problem
Hi All I've imported my contacts from Outlook Express and they appear fine when you use the Icon on the bar on the left, but when I click 'new' and try to add a contact from the icon next to the 'to' line the 'contact' folder is empty as is the Outlook Address Book. Many thanks in advance xool --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.554 / Virus Database: 346 - Release Date: 20/12/2003 Look at your Folder View. It looks to me like you've created more than one Contacts Folder. -- ...

Exchange 2003 edb problems
Hi. I am having problems with one of our Exchanges. It recently stopped working and the event log pointed at the problem being the database hitting the 16Gb limit. Looking at the Priv1.edb and stm files the are adding up to 16Gb but online defraging only seems to show 150mb of white space. If I add up all the mailboxes including deleted items however, it only comes to 5Gb. I tried an offline defrag but it only reduced the stm file by the expected 150mb. Having deleted as many un-necessary emails as possible, I have reset the deleted item retention to 0, and changed the maintenan...

XMLA .NET connection problems
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Outlook 2007 & CRM Outlook client (V3C), problem tracking appointm
Hello, I'm currently using Outlook 2007 with the latest CRM Outlook client (V3C). I have no problem adding emails to CRM with Outlook, but when I try to create a new appointment, the CRM section does not appear in the ribbon. After creating the appointment, if I highlight it in the calendar view and click on the "Track in CRM" button on the Outlook toolbar, I get the following message "This item type is not valid for promotion to Microsoft CRM". If I go back in my calendar to an earlier appointment that was created when I was using Outlook 2003, then everythi...

subtotals on every user
I have an excel spreadsheet showing all my staff and what they output last week. Numerous staff work in more than one location and therefore when compiled there are several lines for them with about 30 columns of totals for each output type. I am looking for a macro to sort the combined sheet into alphabetical order, delete any blank lines or ones with '0' then replace any users with more than one record with just one total row. Hi Post some sample data, along with the result you are looking for. If desired, you can mail me a sample workbook with a description o...

Is it possible to create a pre-download rule in Outlook ?
Hi there ! I would like to control spam and make a rule in Outlook to analyze the headers and only dnload the messages really addressed to my alias. Is this possible with vba or any other way ?? Thanks/Brgds Joao Outlook will only act upon mail AFTER it has been downloaded to your in-box. It has been suggested that you use the remote mail option to examine your headers and then selectively download your messages after deleting spam. I have not tried this as I am on a broadband connection and do not wish to go back to dialup. However, it is one possibility. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outl...

Exchange 5.5: Administrator
I'd like to be able to send mail as a user on my system. Currently, we use 3rd party software to track helpdesk emails and such. People continue to email my box when they should be sending the requests to support. I'd like to forward all of these emails to support from their accounts so they can track their support request. Here's the catch: I want to do this without being a delegate for their account. Is this possible? ...

User Not Prompted To Update Links In Excel 2007 Notification Enabl
Hello, We are in the process of running a pilot group that is testing Office 2007. One of our Excel testers has come across a problem related to linking to external content. In the Excel 2003, the user was prompted to Update Links when loading this spreadsheet - this no longer happens. These are steps that we have taken to resolved: -We have already selected the "Ask To Update Automatic Links" checkbox. -We have already edited the start up and indicated that user will decide to update links. -We have also gone into the trust center settings, under External Content and indicat...

Exchange 2003: The e-mail account does not exist at the organization" when sending to ONE INTERNAL user
We run Exchange 2003 in a WIndows 2000 domain. Most of our clients (including the problem user) use citrix, so the setup for individuals has little variation on basics such as Outlook 2003. We have a bizarre problem with just one user, in that sometimes when other (internal users) send to her email, they get this error: 'Jane Doe (jane.doe@ourcompany.com)' on 25/09/2007 12:34 The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <emailserver...

Ability to Assign an Activity to Another user While Offline (SFO)
While using Sales for Outlook tried to assign an activity to another user however the assign function is not available. When I go back online the assign function magically re-appears. Is this a feature or is something wrong? Thanks Assign is part of workflow, which is only available on the server, i.e. not in Sales for Outlook. Rgds, Per >-----Original Message----- >While using Sales for Outlook tried to assign an activity >to another user however the assign function is not >available. When I go back online the assign function >magically re-appears. Is this a feature o...

[ANN] IronPython Training in New York, January 21st 2010
Hello all, In association with Holdenweb Training [1] I'll be doing some IronPython training in New York in January (21st). The course is called "IronPython from the Ground Up": http://hwebipmc01.eventbrite.com/ Course details: Michael Foord is an early adopter of IronPython, having used it for (among other things) the creation of the Resolver One Python-driven spreadsheet product. He is the author of Manning's IronPython in Action and a well-known speaker at Python conferences throughout the world. IronPython is the implementation of Python for the ...

Workflow question: Upon opening a new case notify team
I am trying to configure CRM so that it will notify a team (all team members) when a case is opened. How would I accomplish this? I have created a team, called tech support, added members, and was setting up a workflow rule when I noticed that you can set up notifications only to users, not teams. This just doesn't seem right. Oh yeah, I also created a new email template. Same thing, 1 owner.... What am I missing? David M Afraid there is no easy way to do this. You could use a Post-URL action to send the message and it could expand out the team members. Also note that you can&#...

Look up Address problems!
Hi I wonder if anyone can help with this problem. I have imported a number of Accounts into our CRM system. All is working fine except that I cannot link an invoice or delivery address to an order or quote using the lookup address! I imported the accounts originally using the administrator account. If I logon to the CRM as myself and then create an order/quote (that has the orignal account owner as the administrator) and use the look up address, this works fine! I get the primary account address returned. If I then create an account as myself and then try to create an order/quote and use ...

MAcro Problem (probably easy)
I'm trying to record and run a macro that copies the format, colors an a graphic from another excel report. I start the macro recorder, the open the workbook, copy, switch workbooks, paste all, then switc workbooks, close the graphic source workbook, and stop the recorder. When I run the macro, it gives me an error like it can't open the othe workbook. Any tips -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/sho...

Want to do in MS Pub. what I do w/Indesign:Create book from mult f
If I could use Indesign at work I would, but all that I can get my hands on is Publisher. They have not loaded it yet. I have never worked with it, nor seen it. I am hoping that it will have the same option as Indesign or Quark.Xpress. I am putting a large manual together. I have many sections, all in separate files. I want to be able to, as in Indesign, select all of those separate files and create a book, be able to reorder, add, or delete files as I want to , and then use one command to print all of those separate files, in the order that I specified all at once. I am not looking to...

Strange 5.2.1 error
Greets, Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003. I have a public folder that is e-mail enabled, that certain users send to. Everything works fine, except for one user, who gets a 5.2.1 error when she sends to that public folder. I have obtained the Hot Fix referenced in 870585, but that did not fix it. Further, I have verified that every group that she is a member, the Exchange Enterprise Servers group has read perms to. I have cross-referenced group memberships comparing users who CAN send to the folder with her perms, and narrowed it down to possible groups. I am going to remove he...

Area Pages Display Problems
When I launch GP and select any series, for example, Financial. The area page on the right provides varios categories. In the Financial Area page, one of the Category is Cards and then underneath cards it has Financial (To the the left of Financial there is a + or - icon) and then Financial has several access items such as account, checkbook, etc. The problem I am running into is when I click on the + icon it expands the category properly and changes the icon to - correctly. Then when I click on the minus icon it shrinks the category, but instead the of changing the icon to + it chan...

how do i create an html email using word
MY company would like a simple Word html newletter email that can be updated by various subsidaries. Ideally we'd like to "lock" formatting and some graphics and have editible regions. Any Help? Word is a poor html creation application. I doubt that Word's implementation will enable you to provide the elements you require - however set the web view to view the formatting and save as a web page.Better still use a proper html creation tool to create the page or create it as an attachment as a Word document form or (if you have the full version of Acrobat) a p...

AD Auditing of user accounts
I am interested in auditing account logon's for a handful of domain accounts in our 2008 AD domain. I am familiar with setting up domain auditing via GPO but not sure how to accomplish this task: I want to know when this handful of users login and know their IP address. I would also like this event information to be forwarded to a single txt file on the network so that I dont have to check the eventlog on all the domain controllers. Thanks in advance. Hello RC, Check out the script from Richard, exaclty made for this: http://www.rlmueller.net/Logon5.htm Best regards ...

Problem Opening Outlook XP
I was having a few small problems with outlook xp so I uninstalled the whole office suite. After uninstalling I cleaned everything refering to "office", "outlook" in the registry (windows xp professional w/sp2) with jv16 PowerTools 2006. Then I reinstalled Office XP. Everything works except, when opening outlook I get the message "Failed to register a VB Script DLL. Reinstall or run Regsvr32.exe Vbscript.dll to self register.". Then outlook closes. I have registered vbscript.dll successfully and still the error. I have un/reinstalled several times now and still t...