Create Global Rule to re-direct tagged email?

Is it possible to create a global rule, which re-direct tagged email to
another folder within each Outlook clients mailbox?
We are using Exchange 2000 within a Windows 2000 and 2003 AD environment.
We like to re-direct email, which is tagged as spam by our spam filter to
another folder, which not yet has been created either. In stead of having to
touch each client manually, we are looking for a global rule, which can
manage this.

Appreciate any help on this.
0
Lars1 (37)

Make sure all your clients are Outlook 2003 and then make sure your Spam
filter integrates with Outlook so that they can redirected to the the Junk
folder. Exchange's IMF will allow this.

Nue
"Lars" <Lars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to create a global rule, which re-direct tagged email to
> another folder within each Outlook clients mailbox?
> We are using Exchange 2000 within a Windows 2000 and 2003 AD environment.
> We like to re-direct email, which is tagged as spam by our spam filter to
> another folder, which not yet has been created either. In stead of having
> touch each client manually, we are looking for a global rule, which can
> manage this.
>
> Appreciate any help on this.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/23/2006 7:05:11 PM
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:55:31 -0800, "Lars"
<Lars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to create a global rule, which re-direct tagged email to
>another folder within each Outlook clients mailbox?
>We are using Exchange 2000 within a Windows 2000 and 2003 AD environment.
>We like to re-direct email, which is tagged as spam by our spam filter to
>another folder, which not yet has been created either. In stead of having to
>touch each client manually, we are looking for a global rule, which can
>manage this.
>
>Appreciate any help on this.

Its a simple matter for clients to create an Outlook rule based upon
whatever tagging the SPam filter marks on the message.

0
adavid (8731)
2/23/2006 7:17:20 PM
You can use IMF v2's Custom Weighting feature to direct messages tagged with
whatever keyword in subject or body to Outlook 2003's Junk Mail filter.

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Lars" <Lars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to create a global rule, which re-direct tagged email to
> another folder within each Outlook clients mailbox?
> We are using Exchange 2000 within a Windows 2000 and 2003 AD environment.
> We like to re-direct email, which is tagged as spam by our spam filter to
> another folder, which not yet has been created either. In stead of having
> touch each client manually, we are looking for a global rule, which can
> manage this.
>
> Appreciate any help on this.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/23/2006 7:19:56 PM
>Its a simple matter for clients to create an Outlook rule based upon
> whatever tagging the SPam filter marks on the message.

Right... till you add another factor. Users. :)
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:55:31 -0800, "Lars"
> <Lars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>Is it possible to create a global rule, which re-direct tagged email to
>>another folder within each Outlook clients mailbox?
>>We are using Exchange 2000 within a Windows 2000 and 2003 AD environment.
>>We like to re-direct email, which is tagged as spam by our spam filter to
>>another folder, which not yet has been created either. In stead of having
>>touch each client manually, we are looking for a global rule, which can
>>manage this.
>>
>>Appreciate any help on this.
>

> Its a simple matter for clients to create an Outlook rule based upon
> whatever tagging the SPam filter marks on the message.

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/23/2006 7:24:23 PM
We have not upgraded Outlook Clients to 2003 yet. We are first able to do
this in 6 months. So we are looking for a solution untill then. I was
wondering if there is a tool we can run on each client, which would generate
a folder and add a rule we have defined?

Thanks,
lars

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Make sure all your clients are Outlook 2003 and then make sure your Spam
> filter integrates with Outlook so that they can redirected to the the Junk
> folder. Exchange's IMF will allow this.
>
> Nue
> "Lars" <Lars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to create a global rule, which re-direct tagged email to
> > another folder within each Outlook clients mailbox?
> > We are using Exchange 2000 within a Windows 2000 and 2003 AD environment.
> > We like to re-direct email, which is tagged as spam by our spam filter to
> > another folder, which not yet has been created either. In stead of having
> > touch each client manually, we are looking for a global rule, which can
> > manage this.
> >
> > Appreciate any help on this.

0
Lars1 (37)
2/23/2006 7:28:22 PM
On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:24:23 -0800, "Bharat Suneja"
<bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote:

>>Its a simple matter for clients to create an Outlook rule based upon
>> whatever tagging the SPam filter marks on the message.
>
>Right... till you add another factor. Users. :)

But probably not as hard as making IMF work on his Exchange 2000
server!

0
adavid (8731)
2/23/2006 7:30:56 PM
The latter may be easier (making IMF work on Exchange 2000).... :)
--

> On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:24:23 -0800, "Bharat Suneja"
> <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote:
>
>>>Its a simple matter for clients to create an Outlook rule based upon
>>> whatever tagging the SPam filter marks on the message.
>>
>>Right... till you add another factor. Users. :)
>

> But probably not as hard as making IMF work on his Exchange 2000
> server!

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
2/23/2006 7:47:36 PM
Have a look at this:
http://www.ivasoft.biz/spammover.html

Regards,

Victor Ivanidze
software developer

"Lars" <Lars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to create a global rule, which re-direct tagged email to
> another folder within each Outlook clients mailbox?
> We are using Exchange 2000 within a Windows 2000 and 2003 AD environment.
> We like to re-direct email, which is tagged as spam by our spam filter to
> another folder, which not yet has been created either. In stead of having
> touch each client manually, we are looking for a global rule, which can
> manage this.
>
> Appreciate any help on this.

0
no1498 (362)

SBS 2003 and Email Not Receiving

How do I create a sample in Excel?

Emails #8
i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else in the company and it is started to effect urgent matters, i havegone into outlok tools to see if i could change anything but that doesnt seem to have worked, can someone please help What version of Outlook are you using? If Outlook 2003 do you have the Junk Mail filter turned on? Is this an Exchange Environment? If so, what version. "Kim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:fb2901c43e6f$d095b2a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >i am recieving my emails ten minutes after everyone else > in the co...

Retrieve Lost Email

can't send or receive emails

Re-install Outlook 2002

multiple email identities

Re: teach me how to send friends email

Importing AOL Email File Cabinet

no access to send internet email

delays in recieving outside emails

Email Statements from Collection Module

making filtering rules?
hi, i am trying to create a rule that goes something like if (site1.com OR site2.org OR site3.gov) AND (agri OR agriculture OR agribusiness) then move to folder X that is, if it is from any of those sites AND has any of those keywords then move it. The problem is i can't seem to figure out the specifying the AND part. Any help/ideas would be greatly appreciated! Cheers -Gaiko ...

Outlook 2003 rules question again

Creating Exchange 2003 organization