create e-mail enabled contact by script

hy all

im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts.
a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but
they didn´t were e-mail enabled.

I tried to modify some scripts that creates e-mail enabled user accounts,
but it doesn´t work for contacts, because user accounts get their e-mail
functionality by creating a mailbox object.
This can´t be used for contacts because contacts don´t have a mailbox object.

Does someone has an idea?

greetings

jc

0
jc1 (91)

"jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts.
>a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but
>they didn�t were e-mail enabled.

CSVDE can do that.

How to use Csvde to import contacts and user objects into Active
Directory [327620]
Creating Exchange mailbox-enabled and mail-enabled objects in Active
Directory [275636]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I've put up my hack script.  Does something similar to what you're doing -
shouldn't be difficult to modify.

Hope that helps - email me directly if I can be of any assistance!

Justin Ho

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts.
> >a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but
> >they didn´t were e-mail enabled.
>
> CSVDE can do that.
>

> How to use Csvde to import contacts and user objects into Active
> Directory [327620]
> Creating Exchange mailbox-enabled and mail-enabled objects in Active
> Directory [275636]
>

> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP