create e-mail enabled contact by script

hy all

im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts.
a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but
they didn´t were e-mail enabled.

I tried to modify some scripts that creates e-mail enabled user accounts,
but it doesn´t work for contacts, because user accounts get their e-mail
functionality by creating a mailbox object.
This can´t be used for contacts because contacts don´t have a mailbox object.

Does someone has an idea?

greetings

jc

0
jc1 (91)

"jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts.
>a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but
>they didn�t were e-mail enabled.

CSVDE can do that.

How to use Csvde to import contacts and user objects into Active
Directory [327620]
Creating Exchange mailbox-enabled and mail-enabled objects in Active
Directory [275636]

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I've put up my hack script.  Does something similar to what you're doing -
shouldn't be difficult to modify.

Hope that helps - email me directly if I can be of any assistance!

Justin Ho

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >im looking for a script or a tool that creates E-MAIL ENABLED contacts.
> >a lot of scripts i found on the internet was able to create contacts, but
> >they didn´t were e-mail enabled.
>
> CSVDE can do that.
>

> How to use Csvde to import contacts and user objects into Active
> Directory [327620]
> Creating Exchange mailbox-enabled and mail-enabled objects in Active
> Directory [275636]
>

> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Justin7863 (92)

Enabled or Disabled checkbox
How do I know if a checkbox has been enabld / disabled? >How do I know if a checkbox has been enabld / disabled? A checkbox is a window like all standard controls. You can test the enabled state via IsWindowEnabled. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq Use IsWindowEnabled. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "JackRnl" <Hccnet@Runit.Scarlet.nl> wrote in message news:bj7jup$2pp$1@news.hccnet.nl... > How do I know if a checkbox has been enabld / disabled? > > ...

Sending e-mail with Windows Mail
I have created an e-mail newsletter in Publisher 2007 and want to send it to my customers using my default e-mail program - Windows Mail. However when I try to send it, Publisher tells me that Microsoft Outlook is not my default mail client, do I want to change it. The answer is NO, I do not. But once I choose the NO option it will not send at all. Everywhere I look says this will work with Windows Mail, so why is Publisher so set on Outlook being my default e-mail program? Is there a setting somewhere in Publisher that I need to change? Thanks!! Leslie scratch that- the error I get ...

cannot open excel file
I go to open an excel spreadsheet that was working perfectly fine on Friday (it is now Monday), and I get the following error message (regardless of Macro settings): "EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created." I did a search of all "*.log" files on my computer, and the only one modified at the same time as the error is drwtsn32.log. Here's the entry I get from the log file: "Application exception occurred: App: (pid=624) When: 6/6/2005 @ 10:28:51.290 ...

Variable images in mail merge
I am new to Publisher 2003 but do many mail merge programs in a high-end production package...that has miserable graphics capabilites so I love this part of Publisher. I understand that I can insert a field as a graphic by right-clicking when I select it, but how do I define where the graphic is actually located? Can the image name be "built" by using a key field from the database and appending a .tif or .jpg after the field name in Publisher...or must that be part of the data record? Perhaps I'm making this too difficult. Thanks for some help! Cathy All you ever need...

Grouping mails by their date received
Hi there, I would like to group my mails on "Received" date so as to figure out my activities on a particular date. Microsoft Outlook 2K SR1 allows its users to format the columns the way they want and group mails by those columns (except columns with formula) When I customize the "Received" column with "mm/dd/yy" format and group by it, Outlook falls back to the original format ignoring my customization. This results in a useless view in which Outlook groups the mails upto minutes accuracy and ends up puting one mail on each group and creating as many groups ...

Blocking people to send external mails
I want to restrict my few employees to send mail out side of my Exchange Organisation. I know there is a registery key that you will have to put after you add restriction on SMTP connector but I have forgotten it. Can anyone please forward that to me via email to jitesh_vaishnav@yahoo.com or jitehs_vaishnav@hotmail.com Replies are highly appreciated. Thanks Jitesh Vaishnav What version of Exchange? In 5.5 I have to go into their account and delete the external e-mail address and then add their name to the list of users to reject messages from (Delivery Restrictions) in the IMS connection ...

Distribution group
I am having a problem with a distribution group. There are 2 members, one receives mail and the other doesn't for some reason. If I send a message internally they both receive it however any mail coming into this address externally is only received by the one user. I just added myself to the distribution list and have the same problem - I can receive internal email to this address but not external. One user gets it all fine. Any ideas? Thanks Dave How have you configured the distribution group? Also, I assume that you have no problem which is sent directly to you from and external ...

Exporting contacts and messages From Outlook into Outlook Express
Hi, My friend ask me if exist any way to export contacts and messages in that way and don't losing anything from his resources. .. Regards -- Przemys�aw Staniszewski No, you would need to import from OE. -- Milly Staples - [MVP Outlook] Post all replies to the news group. Unsolicited mail sent to my personal address will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Przemys�aw Staniszewski <ihi.marzyciel@wp.pl> asked: | Hi, | | My friend ask me if exist any way to export contacts and messages in | that way and don't losing anything from his resources. | ...

Import Mail from Netscape 7.0
I work for a company that uses Netscape 7.0 for our email. We are looking into converting to Outlook 2003, but I cannot find a way to import messages from Netscape 7.0 into Outlook or Outlook Express. All the articles I read are about importing 4.7 and below. Can anyone help me? Thanks! I believe that is the tool for it; downgrade to Netscape 4.7 first and import the messages into OE and then export them to Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jo...

OWA, Can View Folder/Mail, but Cannot Send.. Why ?
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:aFtYb.86583$cE3.30504327 @news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net: > When using OWA, I can View my Emails on > the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can > use Find Name, and it will Search.. > > But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops > up and says: "Failed to Send Item&quo...

Error on on Outlook Client during tracking Contact in CRM
Hi everyone, I'm in a trouble about CRM 4.0 Outlook Client. The problem is: When the user selects and tries to track a contact in CRM, it gives an error message like "An error occured during tracking operation" (I could not copy the whole message but I can assure you nothing informative was given.) Despite it gives an error when I checked the CRM I saw that the contact record is created on the CRM. When I turn back and double check the CRM flags in the Outlook (from the developer ribbon --> design this form view) I noticed no flags had set, so after the Outlook synchro...

exporting a mailing list
I would like to export a clients customer file into excell so they can send out a mailer. This seams like it should be an easy task. I have tried to run a report, customer list but it doesnt give me all the info I need. (address, city, state). Is there a place to export this info. Im probally overlooking something stupid but I dont see it. "Zack Anderson" <zack@electronicbiz.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:26049526-2FBB-4CA2-8B20-CBD89EE38E29@microsoft.com... >I would like to export a clients customer file into excell so they can send > out a mailer. This ...

Hyperlinks in e mail postings
Hi I wish to create a standard e mail ready to send to various recipients at various times including a web address. I have selected web address selected insert hyperlink o'kd. Is this permanent in my draft copy or do I have to repeat this each time I send also when the recipiect recives does he just have to click on the link or does he have to hold CTRL and click or does this depend upon his securuity set up thank you for any help ...

lookup on Outlook contacts
I want to have a ceel with in a worksheet that users type in a name an excel does alookup on my Outlook contacts and returns the email addres is this possible -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Outlook 2003 CONTACT | IM address: field
Is there any logic behind or functionality assigned to this field? If so, what PIM detail does the item expect? -- John Corbett jcorbett@sympatico.ca I don't think there's much functionality to it...as far as I know, it's just a place to store an IM username for a contact. I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me :-) -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:qUWCd.13124$7n1.784034@news20.bellglobal.com, John Corbett wrot...

create an acess report from multiple exel files
Hello guys, I have billing statements that are all done in exel with a template and stored in folders by month order. At the end of the month, I need to make a report giving: name, account number, payment due. This information is stored in the same cell in each bill as a template is used. I am doing it manually by opening each individual exel file and copy information and paste to another spreadsheet to create my report. Is it possible to extract some data from multiple exel files and create a report? Does anyone have any idea how to work around this? I really appreciate your time ...

Creating Case using web services

default opening page for windows mail
My Windows Mail always used to open to "inbox". I must have accidentally changed some setting because now it opens to "local folders". how do I change it back? When it opens to "Local Folders" are the other folders (including Inbox) visible? If not, go to View, Layout, and make sure "Folder List" is checked. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Gerry Parsons" <parsonsg@telus.net> wrote in message = news:%23X59fOuvKHA.5812@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... &g...

Installed first Ex2003 server in 5.5 site, mail enabled PF getting messages stuck in queue
I have installed our first Ex2003 server to begin our migration. I have used pfmigrate to confim that I have a replica of all public folders on the new server. I have three mail enabled PF's for mailing lists. All of the mail for those lists is getting stuck in the local delivery queue on the new Exchange 2003 server and not delivered to the public folders. The mail is still being received by the Exchange 5.5 IMC. I do not see any errors in the event logs for either the Exchange 5.5 server or the 2003 server. Any ideas on where to look next to resolve this would be most helpful. This is l...

get mails when user makes space in inbox
How can i configure exchage, so that messages to a user whose mailbox is full, will be stored in the server till he frees up his mailbox with some space. Do not set "Prohibit send and receive" storage limit. miza wrote: > How can i configure exchage, so that messages to a user whose mailbox is > full, will be stored in the server till he frees up his mailbox with some > space. ...

TMP File Created in Addition to Document Saved
I have a user with a new computer running XP o/s and Office 2000 SP3. Her default file location for Excel is on the network (Novell)to her personal home directory. After modifying a workbook and then saving, an additional file is getting created with how the workbook looked before the modification. The additional file getting saved uses the same name but then adds ~*****.tmp (not actually **** but what appears to be random alph/numeric characters...example rf1c7a38). This never used to be the case on her prior system (95 with Office 2000 SR1). She has full rights on her home direc...

maintaining the vtbl pointer in each object created..
I have a class, say PERSON. This calss has 2 virtual functions and 1 data member. When a new object of this class is created on the heap, a virtual table pointer(vtbl) will be maintained in the object. If I construct say another 10 objects, each object will maintain its own virtual table pointer. Thus 11 objects of same class now have 1 pointer each implies 1 pointer * 4 bytes * 11 objects = 44 bytes used. Why is it not that this pointer be maintained in a static variable maybe globally and all the objects of the class refer to it, rather than maintaining 4 bytes with each object? Please...

Creating a form #3
Can I creat a Form in Publisher? I am able to create a form in MS Word 2000 that people can just check off boxes. I am using Publisher 98, and I'm wondering if any later versions are able to create these same forms. Thank you. Publisher 98 has business form templates. Try adapting one of them for your own needs. All versions of Publisher have business form templates. There are others on the Office web site, but Publisher 98 is not compatible with those. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.ip...

Creating a long-term loan
Hi, People on this forum have been very helpful and I want to thank you all first. I have another problem with creating a long-term loan and "matching" this loan with another account (asset). For example, if I borrow $1000 and I create a long-term loan for it, it simply creates a loan account with an amount -$1000. Once I saw this, I decided to simply create another account with a starting balance of $1000 (i.e. to offset the $1000 loan). After all, it is a loan so I do have the cash to use (i.e. purchase investments for instance). The problem is when I look at networth o...

Create a PST from an exchange server...
a few years backup I used this nifty little utility that would be run from the comand prompt. It would go into the message store and pull the complete mail box out of a user I specified. I did not have to spply a password. Anyone know if that utility is still around? and if so will it work with 2003 exc std? thanks kevin Exmerge. -GT "Kevin" <kpride@fwymca.org> wrote in message news:2656f01c46101$b3b52030$a301280a@phx.gbl... > a few years backup I used this nifty little utility that > would be run from the comand prompt. It would go into the > message store an...