create an internal forum

I have been tasked with creating an internal discussion forum on an Exchange
2003 server. I am new to this and would appreciate any advice or tips that
can be shared. I have been searching the internet for days and cannot figure
this out.

thanks in advance
0
Jason4159 (666)

How fancy do you want to make it? You could just use a public folder and
train users to sort messages by 'conversation'. Or you could create the
public folder and build a web app with .net, or use sharepoint portal.

"jason" wrote:

> I have been tasked with creating an internal discussion forum on an Exchange
> 2003 server. I am new to this and would appreciate any advice or tips that
> can be shared. I have been searching the internet for days and cannot figure
> this out.
>
> thanks in advance
0
knightly (222)
4/27/2006 5:59:02 PM
and here is a getting started link for sharepoint
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/sppt/wssapps/default.mspx

"jason" wrote:

> I have been tasked with creating an internal discussion forum on an Exchange
> 2003 server. I am new to this and would appreciate any advice or tips that
> can be shared. I have been searching the internet for days and cannot figure
> this out.
>
> thanks in advance
0
knightly (222)
4/27/2006 6:01:02 PM
What about a Newsgroup just like the one you posted to?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/268092/en-us

Nue

"knightly" <knightly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How fancy do you want to make it? You could just use a public folder and
> train users to sort messages by 'conversation'. Or you could create the
> public folder and build a web app with .net, or use sharepoint portal.
>
> "jason" wrote:
>
>> I have been tasked with creating an internal discussion forum on an
>> Exchange
>> 2003 server. I am new to this and would appreciate any advice or tips
>> that
>> can be shared. I have been searching the internet for days and cannot
>> figure
>> this out.
>>
>> thanks in advance

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/27/2006 6:04:56 PM
i don't like the threaded style of sharepoint's discussion feature. I was
thinking of something like http://www.phpbb.com/ or http://forum.snitz.com/
but do not know if these would work or if there is a similar MS product
available
0
Jason4159 (666)

Creating a chart with subtotals
I am trying to create a chart from a data list that has been subtotalled using the Excel DATA/SUBTOTALS feature. The main problem I have is that when I do this, my list of items all have "COUNT" after the name. This makes the chart look scruffy. Is there any way to overcome this? Thanks in advance Karl ...

Need advice creating a work order
Once I create a case for a client, I'd like to be able to print a work order that the customer will sign and contains a disclaimer as well as our logo on the top. Ultimately I'd like to be able to print this report from the case screen rather than go to the reports section. I can't figure out how to: 1) Pass a parameter or filter a report based on the case form we have open on the screen. 2) Put a print button or a way to run the report from the screen. 3) Add a logo to the print preview of the case and/or activity screen's print preview (in case I can't make a report...

create hyperlink from exel file to particular word in word file
I want to create a hyperlink in an excel file which takes me to a paricular word in another word file. The word file has numerous pages, so I want to create a hyperlink which not only takes me directly to that word in the document and I dont have to scroll through all the pages.. Is this possible ? you could COPY the word you want from your word doc. and paste as hyperlink in your excel doc. -- grizz "Hiten Kapasi" wrote: > I want to create a hyperlink in an excel file which takes me to a paricular > word in another word file. The word file has numer...

Why Transfer from internal HD to USB External Drive?
I'm trying to transfer about 64G from an internal drive to an external Seagate Free Agent 1.0 terrabyte drive (Subject). The estimated time is about 3.3 hours. That seems very slow. I have no idea if I'm using a USB 2.0 or 1.0 port. I ran Sandra and it showed USB Controller 5, 12419 NEC PIC to USB 2.0. No other USB controller shows any USB version, that is, not 1.0. I have about a six year old ASUSA7S333 MB. How do I know which of the 6 USB ports (four on a card), two in front, is the 2.0 port? Only five USB controllers are listed by Sandra. One of the front ones may n...

Creating Names Problem
To create a name to represent cells or ranges, I usually just go to the NAME BOX (upper left corner where the row and column number is found) and simply type the name. Lately however, when I do that I always get a VBA error saying "Can't find project or library." The name is still assigned but getting this dialog box is such a hassle. How can I get rid of this? Thanks Gio Has your project got a subroutine with the name you're entering in the Name Box? -- Best Regards Leo Heuser Followup to newsgroup only please. "Gio Bacareza" <gbacareza@ajonet.com> ...

Data Calling from sheets not yet created
I have a workbook that has several sheets. Some sheets are created after data is entered into another sheet where I copy the sheet to a new sheet. The new sheet name is in date format (31-05-09) dd-mm-yy. I am trying to have one sheet grab info from the sheet created. Example this data collection sheet has dates in column A and I want to pull data from the sheet created with that date. Thank you in advance for your help. On Mon, 8 Jun 2009 08:12:28 -0400, "Ed Davis" <ed.davis1@verizon.net> wrote: >I have a workbook that has several sheets. Some sheets are created af...

CDialog::Create Problems
I am writing an MFC dll program to be used as a plugin for a C application. I need for my program to open up a new dialog box for user input based on user interaction in the host application. The end user clicks a button in the host app, to which I've assigned a callback function. The function gets called properly, and that function looks like the following: if (!strcmp((char *)userData, "Show a Dialog")){ theApp.PopDialog(); } When debugging, I can see that the PopDialog function gets fired properly. void CpluginApp::PopDialog(void) { AFX_MANAGE_STATE(AfxGetStat...

How do I create an alert of expiration date in Excel?
I created a spreadsheet to track documents. The last column is for expiration dates of documents. How can I set up an alert when the expiration date is approaching? Use conditional formatting in the cell. For example, with the date in A12, something like Formula is =TODAY()+7>=$A$12 as the condition. Then choose a pattern. "kachnycz" wrote: > I created a spreadsheet to track documents. The last column is for > expiration dates of documents. How can I set up an alert when the expiration > date is approaching? ...

How do I delete a template I created
Publisher 2003. I created my own template and want to delete it and/or move it to another category. How do I delete it and/or how can I move it to another category? The templates are in a folder similar to this: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates (hidden file) When you say move it to a different category, what do you have in mind? Publisher templates are stored in the template folder. Open your template and save as an ordinary publication, store in a folder specified for your projects. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvp...

Create MSCRM database from scratch
I have a corrupt database, and unfortunately I do not have a working backup copy of my MSCRM database. No production data yet, but only customizations. I'd like to re-install a clean MSCRM database and connect to my CRM environment. As a possible next step import my customizations. How can I re-install a clean MSCRM database in an existing implementation? Thanks in advance! Egbert If your database is corrupt how will you get your customizations? ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "ebjnr" <ebjnr@discussions.micros...

How do I create a pivot table if the pivot table icon or menu ite.
If rhe pivot table icon ...??? Please clarify in the body of the message. "Lynn@WS" <Lynn@WS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E6B098C-551A-4389-9048-7F4F5A6E5EF8@microsoft.com... > ...

Replying to / creating HTML msg creates extra text
Every time I forward, or reply to an HTML or rich text message, or create an HTML message the below is included. The below text's not included when I work with plain-text messages or create rich text messages. It also doesn't show up in my signature, stationery, etc. I've tried quitting and re-launching Outlook and restarting the computer and nothing makes it go away. I can obviously delete this extra content every time I reply to an e-mail, so you don't need to put this at the top of your list of things to worry about today. But it is odd! 10/23/2003 10:43:31 NoCl...

How to create/ send a consolidated report
Hi, I hope you can help me. I'm trying to create a consolidated pending tasks report that the manager receives. Otherwise, i'll clog my manager’s in box with dozens of these warnings. Hope anyone gives me a clue. Thanks Regards Hello George: We have proposed a solution to our client to generate alerts for the open task, if you are interested please drop a email to discuss. Regards, manick manick.m@hotmail.com "GeorgeB" wrote: > Hi, I hope you can help me. I'm trying to create a consolidated pending tasks > report that the manager receives. Otherwise, i'...

Internal
hi, one of our client has a problem in exchange 2003 server. they had two exchange servers, from first exchange server client is able to send/receive mail which is directly connected to ISP link, from second exchange server we are able to receive mails but we are not able to send mail with in the mail server as well as public internet mails, when ever a user send the mails the mails are getting queued up in the server. but if we restart the server the mails are going out of my mail server. currently, users are configured by using the first exchange server IP address as an SMTP ...

Creating a worksheet with stats created from selected data...
I am creating a spreadsheet that I believe requires 3 sheets. The first sheet will be a database containing up to 500 company names. The second sheet will contain a pivot table for total stats, so far so good. I also need to produce different stats (percentages of actual vs target) for a selected number of companies (the companies will remain the same or only change infrequently). Any suggestions for the best way forward for the third sheet? TIA. ...

Unable to create/update entities
I deployed my production CRM 3.0 to a new test environment and then upgraded the test environment to CRM 4.0. At first everything appeared to be fine but when I tried to create a new entity, I could not. I switched on tracing and found the following error: organizationui With Id = <guid> Does Not Exist, ErrorCode: -2147220969 Have anyone run into the same problem and what is the problem? Wentzel ...

Create a List from Same Cell on Multiple Sheets
I am trying to create a list that comrised of the values of cell C3 on every worksheet. Is there a simple way to do this? Thanks in advance. Fritz Try Sub ddd() Dim wS As Worksheet Dim sTxt As String For Each wS In Worksheets sTxt$ = wS.Range("c3").Value Debug.Print sTxt Next End Su -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Thanks. I guess it will take code. I'm pretty familiar with VBA but not so much with Excel's object model. Could you perhaps expand on the output portion within the For-Next Loop? I'd like to the values in a vertical list on a new ...

Creating a time line
I am interested in creating a timeline of events. Is there a way to do this using Office 2000 software? look at micrrosoft project instead "melanie" <couchm02@mindspring.com> wrote in message news:003201c3d542$d97d4810$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I am interested in creating a timeline of events. Is there > a way to do this using Office 2000 software? ...

Creating auto loan database
Very rusty beginning access user wants to create db to track, record, and calculate car payments made by customers at used car lot. Currently using excel spreadsheet for each loan. Need help with structure of db. I think I need the following tables: Customer information (Name, address, original loan amount, etc..) Transactions (Date pmt made, amt of payment) Would like to create form to record payments, with a subform, that will show previous payments made and showing current outstanding balance. I suspect I have to create a one to many relationship between customers and transactions. B...

Empty Thread Panes in Outlook and Excel Forums
The forum for Outlook 2007 has an empty window pane. I spent a half hours in a chat with a Microsoft person, who visited the forum and also saw no threads. (The same is true for the Excel forum.) Is there someone I can bring this to the attention of. Here's the address for the forum: http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?lang=en&cr=US&dg=microsoft.public.outlook.general Go here istead, newsgroups are being phased out. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/default.aspx#tab=3 Robert Lee wrote: > The forum for Outlook 2007 has an ...

creating a JPEG file
Hello all, I am working in VC++ 2005 I need to draw somethig and save it as a jpeg, without showing it on the screen. So in other words, I need to draw on a DC and save the contents of the DC as a jpeg. How do I do this? The CImage class? But how do I exactly do this particular thing with it? Thanks Srishti You can use CImage to that. AliR. "Sonu" <sonu@online.nospam> wrote in message news:EBEFD795-41E3-40AF-8450-FDA03A57720E@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > I am working in VC++ 2005 > I need to draw somethig and save it as a jpeg, without showing it on the > s...

Contacts
Is there a way to create a household contact For example, I have one common home phone number, email address, and street address for a couple in my contact list. I would like to enter individual names and birthday dates but only one anniversary date and have all dates show up on my calendar If possible, can this idea be expanded to childrens names and birthdays fo rthe same household? ...

workflow not triggering when opportunites created while converting lead????
I have a number of workflows that trigger when a new opportunity is created. They all work fine EXCEPT when an opportunity is created when converting a lead. When you convert a lead, and check "create opportunity" in the convert lead dialog box.....it does not trigger opportunites that are set up to fire on "create". Any body else run into this? Yep. "SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4635de59.0312101018.7e960d68@posting.google.com... > I have a number of workflows that trigger when a new opportunity is > created. They all wo...

i want to create a simple yes/no spreadsheet with a dot represent.
I am trying to fiqure out how I can set up a worksheet that when I want no to be the answer it will put a dot in the cell. Then count the number of dots for a total. Try something along these lines .. Assuming answers ("No") will be in col A , A1 down Put in B1: =IF(TRIM(A1)="","",IF(TRIM(A1)="No","OK","")) Copy B1 down to say, B100 to cover the max expected range in col A (can copy down ahead of data input in col A) Then you could put in say, C1: =COUNTIF(B:B,"OK") to count the total Replace "OK" in the for...

Can't open XLS file I created
Window XP Sp2 - MS Ofc 2000 / Excel I created a list in Excel by doing a copy/past from a web site. (List of name, address, phone, website) I did a save when done and then tried to disable all the hyperlinks on the page. Followed directions I got off the web, F11/Macro to remove hyperlinks. I closed and saved and then when I tried to re-open it but got the following error msg: 'The workbook contains a type of Macro (MS Excel ver. 4 macro) that cannot be disabled nor signed. Therefore, this workbook cannot be opened under High Security Level.' This is all Greek to me, please help s...