Create an Address List Based on Group Membership of Users

Hello, I'm trying to do what is described in Knowledge
Base Article - 321723; however, in step 5a I don't have
the Group Membership option to click on.
Any other ideas as to how to go about creating address
lists based on group membership of users?
0
anonymous (74722)

Hmmh, I'm not sure why it doesn't show up in yours but you could also
create a custom
ldap filter to do the same thing. In this example that I created for
someone else,  we return a list of all users, groups, public, folders,
contacts
that do not have a mailnickname beginning with dallas.  See article 255602
for more on ldap syntax.

(&  (&

      (& (& (mailnickname=*)
                (!mailnickname=dallas*)
           )

         (| (& (objectCategory=person)
               (objectClass=user)
               (!(homeMDB=*))
               (!(msExchHomeServerName=*))
            )

            (& (objectCategory=person)
               (objectClass=user)

(msExchHomeServerName=/o=WainsOrg/ou=WainsSite/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/c
n=JAGINA)
            )

            (& (objectCategory=person)
               (objectClass=contact)
            )

            (objectCategory=group)
            (objectCategory=publicFolder)
            (objectCategory=msExchDynamicDistributionList)

         )

      )

    )
)

thanks,
J.

0
jasperk (15)

Balance on Account List does not match balance if I view all transactions
Recently MS Money 2004 seems to have flaked and executed some Bills and Deposits for 2005 and caused my account balance on the account list to not be correct. If I view the account the balance was also incorrect if I only viewed unreconciled transactions. After reading http://support.microsoft.com/kb/838713 Methods 1 and 2 did not fix the problem. I then exported the information into a loose QIF file and read it. It appears eight transcations were automatically executed for their next dates in 2005. They did not show up in the account but I could see them if I chose "Go to Payee:&quo...

CRM cannot see all users from AD
Hi I�m new to CRM and when I am trying to add new users to CRM from our 2003 AD, then I only see about 70% of all our AD users. I think that the users I dont see are old users that have been migrated from another NT domain a few years ago. Or if I create new user in AD and go to CRM and try to add the new user, I dont see him. 1) Do CRM connect to AD every time I will add a new CRM user or does this happens once a day? 2) How can I check what is different between an "old" migrated user and "new" user that been created only in 2003 AD? Is there a tool? Tomppa Hi ...

Group send doesn't work
Hi all, small problem in Outlook XP that's bothering me. One person using Outlook XP can send/ receive messages to all individuals in office who are using Outlook Express. However when he block sends to the sales Team, (4 individuals), only one person gets the message (same person each time) Person sending Group E-Mail gets an ok sent response for all 4 members in group. When you try the Group send from any other client machine, (all Outlook Express), all recipients receive the message. I can't see anything in the KB that resembles the error that's occurring. Any i...

How do I remove the 'default' Outlook Address Book?
Hi there, I am running ACT! 2009 and have the ACT! addresses as my default address list for email. What I am trying to do is remove the Outlook Address Book as it is the primary. For example, when I click on Contacts - it shows the Outlook Address Book, not the ACT! address book? I do not want this! I do want the ACT! address book here. It DOES however, show the ACT! when inside an email as I have set that up by going Tools-->Address Book-->Tools-->Options "Show this address book first" (ACT!) and When sending mail....(ACT!) is first. When I go i...

News Groups With Outlook
I just bought a new computer from Dell with Vista and Small Business Office 2007. Apparently Dell takes off Outlook Express when they install Small Business Office. So now how do I subscribe to newsgroups? Do I have to buy Outlook Express? I don't like the lost of this functionality I had with my quite old system and Outlook 2000. Under Vista, OUTLOOK Express has been replaced by Windows Mail. Windows Mail has same functionality including newsgroups. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices Outlook Express is Windows Mail under Vista. -- Laura Rooke MVP - Mobile Devices "...

Recovering from a corrupted User Account
Hi, My wife's user account crashed today (windows XP using Windows Live Mail on the actual PC - Not Web Live Mail) I created a new account and imported her user setting and restored the e-mail by importing from the C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\ The only part I am having issues with is restoring her contacts. I have searched high and low and just can not find where this could be. I have a full backup, about 1 day old before the crash of the account that I can restore from, the question is just, where does ...

sql to create totals
I have a query that counts the number of records where the criteria has defined values. This produces a list of the number of records for each month based on a field txtmonth . Here is the sql and the results. SELECT tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose, Count(tblhvdealspt1.ID) AS CountOfID, tblhvdealspt1.txtmonth FROM tblhvdealspt1 WHERE (((tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Buyout" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose) ="Refinancing" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Corporate Finance" Or (tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose)="Restructuring")) GROUP BY tblhvdealspt1.txtpurpose, tbl...

Address Book
Hi all, I can seem to figure out how to get my address but to list by last name? If I go to add an email address from an incoming mail it will do it but I have entered in all address by myself and they are listed in no order. I have tried everything I can think of, please any ideas would be great. It is driving in insane!!!! Thanks Shiv Sounds like this is an Outlook question. You have posted this to a newsgroup related to Microsoft Access - the database application. I'd suggest you post to a newsgroup related to the application you are using for your email (Outlook, Outlook Expres...

Assign an entity to multiple Users
Is it possible in CRM 3.0 to assign an entity (e.g. a contact record or account record) to multiple users of CRM ? If yes, how ? Thanks Kishore No, a record can only be owned by a single user. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Kishore" <Kishore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:561A5E84-079D-47B6-AAC8-498F273A654B@microsoft.com... Is it possible in CRM 3.0 to assign an entity (e.g. a contact record or account record) to multiple users of CRM ? If yes, how ? Thanks Kishore Yes but there is a catch. CRM is designed with security in mind not view fi...

Format Chart based on data
I have built a chart from a simple spreadsheet of data. Here is an example of the data: Group1 13.77 Group2 15.86 Group3 12.11 I want the chart (bar style) to show each bar in Blue that corresponds to a value greater than 13. All other bars (<13) should be red. Is that possible? Also, I want to draw a line across the chart at 13 to show the "benchmark". http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Creating a report in CRM
I am trying to create a time sensitive report of accounts who have submitted cases to us. I would like the report to sort by accounts, with a secondary sort of each contact in that account. I need to have a summary of time by account and secondary summaries of each contact. Under the contact would be the cases submitted by that contact. I need to be able to select the range of time that the report will be on, along with the account name. Has anyone done a report similar to this, and if so, how was it done? I've done similar reports with using Crystal Reports and SQL Reporting Servic...

Where is create new office document command in Office 2007?
We recently migrated to 2007 from 2003 and I cannot find the commands to "create new office document" or "open existing office document" from the taskbar/start menu. Does anyone have any idea where these commands are or how I can add them to my taskbar? Thank you! I have XP Pro and Office 2007. If I select "All Programs", it appears at the top of the list. If you do as well, you can right-click and select Pin to Start Menu. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "c...

How do I mailmerge ALL addresses from Excel to Publisher?
I am publishing a 36 page address directory in landscape mode, with a text box on each page divided into two columns. I have tried exporting my Excel spreadsheet into this directory using mail merge and get the first address on the first page, then the second address on the second page, etc. I want to list 8 addresses per column (16 addresses per page). What is the code I have to use to get the addresses to list sequentially????? When I go to print or print preview, because it is a "brochure" I don't have the option to print Multiple pages. Help!!! Have you l...

Create List
I have Outlook 2000. I have three sets of contacts, eg Contacts, Newsletter. They have the same icon. Properties call them Folders containing contact items. I just tried to make a new contact list and can't seem to reproduce it. The property description of the folder is a little longer and the icon is different. ...

Creating popup-menu on the fly
Hello, I'd like to create a popup menu (in a dialog) on the fly. Everythings works fine, but there is one problem, all the items are greyed. What is the reason for this. Here the code-snippets (mfuncMenu and m_contextMenu are Dialog-defined vars of CMenu) In InitDialog: -------------- m_funcMenu.CreatePopupMenu(); m_funcMenu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING, 1, (LPCTSTR) "SubItem1"); m_funcMenu.AppendMenu(MF_STRING, 2, (LPCTSTR) "SubItem2"); m_contextMenu.CreatePopupMenu(); m_contextMenu.AppendMenu(MF_POPUP, (UINT) m_funcMenu.m_hMenu, (LPCTSTR) &...

Can I create a Global Rule?
Hi all. I want to create a Global Rule in Exchange that applies to all mailboxes? It also has to be applied to all new mailboxes that are created afterward. Can this be done? Thanks, TheBurgerMan at gmail dot com Yes. "Me" wrote: > Hi all. I want to create a Global Rule in Exchange that applies to all > mailboxes? It also has to be applied to all new mailboxes that are created > afterward. > > Can this be done? > > Thanks, > TheBurgerMan > at > gmail > dot > com > > > How do I do create the rule? "WILDPACKET...

Is there a slick means of creating tickets in Pub. 2007?
I wish to create event tickets, 8 to an A4 sheet with no margins or spacers. It can be done by copying, pasting and dragging but is there a slick means as one would do for labels? -- Best regards, Hywel File, Page Setup, Advanced (on the right), Multiple Pages per sheet, Width 10.5cm Height 7.42cm. Zero margins. Publisher should say 2 columns of 4. Be certain you have A4 selected. If you want consecutive numbering for your tickets create a data base, use mail merge. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Hywel Thomas" <hywelthomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

Web Based Interface for my Clients
Dear Sir: i would like to know if the MS-CRM have a web based interface for my clients, which allow him to login and create a case, also is a ticket number will be generated in orderto alllow him to track his case status through a web based interface too. thanks, The idea of CRM I believe is to use in-house and its all web based. However if you really really wanted to let your customers have access to it I don't see why you should not be able to. All you will need is to host on a public IP and get lots of licenses for your clients. Thanks and Regards Fakhruddin "wael"...

Auto Populate text box based on combo box
Hello, I have a combobox named "Bulk" and a text box named "Routing", I would like the Routing box to auto populate after the user selects an option from "Bulk". The Bulk combo box is bound to a table named "Products and bulks". The Routing selection would be coming from the same table. Could someone please explain this to me? I have tried different codes like: Private Sub cboPersonID_AfterUpdate() Me.txtPersonName.Value = Me.cboPersonID.Column(1) End Sub Everytime I put this in the Combo Box's afterupdate property, an error message com...

Outlook Distribution Lists
When setting up distribution lists in exchange administrator, I'm trying to find a way to prevent the sender of the message from receiving a copy of the sent message if they are a member of that distribution list. Is there any way to do this? Or are there any options that can be set on the user's individual exchange account?? ...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

SDK Creating an inactive account or contact
How can I create an account and setting it's "StatusCode" at 2 while creating? The schema seems to tell that the value can be assigned at creation but it seems to ignore my value :( any example? /fb I didn't get an account deactivated added to the system as well. What does work is add one and update the state directly aftwards. A bit of a workaround, but it works -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "Frebou" wrote: > How can I create an account and setting it's "StatusCode" at 2 while > creating? > ...

Selecting nearest under in a list
I have a list of numbers and i need to either highlight (using conditional formatting)or display in another cell the nearest number under 10000 i.e 9854 9752 11254 10987 9974 <--------- 10025 Help!!!!! if your values are in column A then on the column B type this =IF(A1=MAX(IF(A1:A6<10000,A1:A6)),A1,"") and array enter it (Ctrl+shift+enter) instead of enter This will place the value that is closest to 10K on column B "Purfleet" <Purfleet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:655D632A-44CB-4148-91AF-A36F6C1D2E1A@microsoft.com... >I have a...

End User Recovery
Good Morning, Before DPM we used Shadow Copy on our windows servers. We were able to right click on a file or folder, pick previous versions and gain access to the shadow copies. Now that we have DPM, this seems to have changed. We can right click on a folder and see our previous versions, but if we try the same on a file we just get no previous versions available. Is this correct? Thanks Dear, If you go on a folder, you will always see "previous versions" A file will only show you "previous versions" if there are actually previous versions. ...

Outlook 2000 Junk Mail List
Hello, I have try to search for this question more then a few times, and have come up with nothing. Hopefully someone knows the answer? My question is, in Outlook 2000, where is the "Junk Mail List" kept? I know you can manage the list in Outlook. But I would like to export that list to a file or see the list in file format? Or see the list in a different way at all? Can I do this? Thanks for your time. Nick It's handled in the rules. By investigating the Junk rule you can see the exception list and the list of sites or domains you've added. As I remember y...