create a mass of mailboxes

hi and thanks in advance for your help,
I've an exchange 2003 and I have to create a great number (3000) of account
and mailboxes.
I want to use a script to create them starting from a xls or csv file.
There are same script that create the account in a progressive way but I
can't use them.
Is there something different to use?

lucadb

0
lucadb (1)

Try this link and refer to the section "Active Directory tools and
application programming interfaces"

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/e2k3InterOpMig/39d728f1-62e1-44aa-93c8-930fed46f4e1.mspx

"lucadb" <lucadb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi and thanks in advance for your help,
> I've an exchange 2003 and I have to create a great number (3000) of
> account
> and mailboxes.
> I want to use a script to create them starting from a xls or csv file.
> There are same script that create the account in a progressive way but I
> can't use them.
> Is there something different to use?
>
> lucadb

0
exchange.mvp (559)

Mailbox moves to Ex2003 don't remove 5.5 mailbox
I have moved several hundred mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000 to an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 without any issues. However, lately I have moved two mailboxes (seperately) and have run into a problem. The Move Mailbox wizard shows a successful move and the mailbox does appear in the Exchange 2003 server, but the mailbox also appears in the Exchange 5.5 server. So, there are two mailboxes for a single account. I have reviewed article 299473 which seems to describe what is happening (although I have not used Replmon.exe to confirm this...

Exchange 2000
Hello, Does anybody know of search tool that can perform the following: 1. Search the Mailbox store directly, i.e., M: 2. We are interesting in search for From, To, Subject and Body and if possible attachment contents. 3. We would like to do one pass on the information store so we wish to be able to build a multiople search query, i.e., a) Search for "John" b) Search for person@domain.com c) Search for "HELLO" d) etc... 4. We would like to then be able to copy our findings to a folder or something.... It seems that the built in searchin...

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

Creating a Report using Tables (that have no relationships)
Im looking to create an invoice report that uses data from three different tables that are created dynamically by a query. The data for these will change but I would like to simply pull the data from these tables to create a report. The tables have the following information: 1. Company Info (name, address) 2. Customer Info (address, name, etc) 3. Customer Order (products, price, other info) 4. Invoice Info (ID, GST #, etc) I realize I could have created a table with relationships but the data above is dynamic as there are 4 different companies and based upon user inp...

creating a recurring reminder email message
I want to create a reminder message that gets emailed to a distribution list on the same date every month. How can we do that? ...

Problem creating full text index
I seem to be unable to create a full text index of either my public or private store. When I try to creat the index I get the error; The directory name is invalid. Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1 ID no: 8007010b Exchange system Manager This seems to be happening for both the public and private stores. The directory does exist. I have looked over the permissions and tried to compare to known working servers and I haven't moticed any obvious differences. Any ideas? Did you follow this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822932/en-us Nue "Jonathan Huber" <JonathanHu...

How do I create a spread sheet for tracking batting statistics?
Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? http://www.baseball-almanac.com/bstatmen.shtml "Robert" wrote: > Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? ...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

move Mailbox #7
Move Mail Box fails becasue of having lot of courrtion in mailbox. but mailbox opens sucessfully in outlook and i can read all the emails from outlook. Hi, The mailbox move manager will give you a report (you have to check this before you hit 'finish'). It will show tell you the corrupt items in the mailbox - their subject and location. You can then get the user to delete them, before re-running the move. Alternatively you can just set your corrupt item count to be the 'same +1' as the total number of corrupt messages in the mailbox. If the user can open and read...

System Restore all off, still creating restore points on 2nd parti
Although we have System Restore turned off on all drives, restore points are still being created on the secondary partitions. The OS partiton is drive C, NTFS. The secondary partition is drive D, FAT32. The restore points are being created when applications (i.e. DirectX, WinDVD, etc.) are installed from the second partition (drive D). We must install these from a secondary partition. What are we missing? These restore points are filling up our drives. Also, I thought System Restore wouldn't work on FAT32 drives? Thanks, -- Bill Baker Bill, I use two drives b...

Create a new restore point
How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore point. OldEd On 3/9/2010 5:14 PM, OldManEd wrote: > How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I > go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore > from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore > point. > OldEd Click "Computer" in start menu th...

-ERR mailbox could not be opened
Windows 7 Ultimate x64; Windows Live Mail Client; all updates applied. Have 1 'Hotmail' & 2 'Live' accounts, all set up in WLM using pop3.live.com / smtp.live.com settings. Been working fine up until yesterday. One of the 'Live' accounts will not sync anymore. Error message as follows (account name masked out): --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (*************) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive message...

Avg. Mailbox size for Mid-size company
I am tasked to find the average mailbox size of a general Exchange end-user in a mid-size company that is equivalent to one that I work for: 700 to 800 employees with approx. 550 to 600 email accounts. We are trying to come up with a policy to “encourage” people start cleaning out and deleting unimportant items and archiving the important ones from their inbox and sent items box. Since implementing Exchange 2000 (which was migrated from Groupwise), our storage has grown exponentially in the last two years! We have people that have not cleaned out their inbox in the last five years, ...

spying/monitoring mailbox's
Hi everyone, I was trying to log outgoing mail from all users, and what I did was the following: Open up the administrator console. Goto Exchange > Administrative Groups > First Administrative Group > System Policies Right click > new. tick general Give it a name, click on General (Policy), tick 'archive all messages sent...." Give it a location. ------------------------- Now I have done that, and selected a location as a mailbox. But how do I view it ?? I tried using OWA, but couldn't find anything there at all. I'm not sure if the steps I followed we...

restore .ost file created in different exchange profile
Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from an .ost file created by a different user in a different domain name, please? OST files are linked to the mailbox/profile for which they were created. If you've got an orphaned one, you can't open it - you will need to google OST2PST (an old utility that may still be floating around) and try to run it against the file (make a backup copy first). Or see www.exchangerecovery.com - I know it works, but it's $$$. hughie wrote: > Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from > an .ost file created by a di...

Exchange Mailbox Hanging During Operation
Hello, I have an issue with one mailbox on my Exchange 2003 server. The problem is basically just slowness and hanging during normal use. When the user tries to open, compose, look at calander etc...she gets an hourglass and the app will stop responding. No one else is having this problem. Also, we only have one Exchange server in the company. I tried creating her a new profile on a new PC and still have the problem there. Is the data store corrupt? Is the mailbox corrupt, or are the emails corrputed causing this problem? Is there a repair I can run on one mailbox if this is the case? ...

Creating new P&ID master symbols
I would like to create a new master P&ID valve symbol and add it to the Valves and Fittings stencil. I want to duplicate the tags and properties of exisisting valves so that it functions like the other valves in the stencil (auto-numbers, same data fields, etc.). Is there a way to copy all the information (not just the shape properties) from one valve and apply it to the new one? Use the Shape Conversion command from the Process Engineering menu to do this. Here are the steps: 1) Drag an existing valve onto the page so that there is at least one valve in the document. 2) If your ...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

Moving large mailbox over slow link
I have a some exchange boxes connected by slow links, I have to move some mailboxes that are large and the links aren't that reliable and drop off so the mailbox move fails, and unfortunately it don't resume (boy that would be a nice feature). So I'm thinking about setting up a temp exchange box, bring it physically to location A, move the boxes, then take it to location B and more then back on the server. Is that a good way to go about this? Or is there some way I could move them to a different storage group, un-mount it move the storage group and remount? I don't'...

How do I create a 4-d chart?
I am trying to create a chart with 4 dimensions. In effect, I need a 3-D column chart where the vertical bars are "stacked" colmns. How can I do this? Evanr Have you heard about Tufte's "small multiples" or Cleveland's "trellis" displays? These approaches create a series of small plots instead of trying to put everything into a single overly complex chart. I would stay away form 3D charts in Excel. Trellis is a trademarked by Insightful software. I use the term "panel charts" to reflect trellis and small multiple charts in Excel. I have...

Corruption in Exchange 2003 Mailbox's
I have a couple of users how currenlty i am not able to backup there mailbox with veritas 9.1. I recieve a message stating that Top of Information store.INBOX (and then the name of the file) is a corrupt file. Is there a utility that i am able to use to fix this problem. Does this mean that my whole information store mat possibly be corrupt, even though i am able to backup other mailboxes. Thanks in advance. Deon Just to clairify this happens for only a couple users? Or can you not perform any brick level backups? Were you at somepoint in the past with this current veritas install ...

stop creating email link when @ sign is present
I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in a cell? Gregg, This feature can be turned OFF under Tools, AutoCorrect, the second tab, AutoFormat as You Type, unclick the first option Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks http://HelpExcel.com "gregg" wrote: > I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can > I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in > a cell? gregg You don't say whic...

POP3 Mailboxes
What is the best way to create POP3 mailboxes for Outlook client e-mail access (*.pst personnal folders) by people that you do NOT want to be able to authenticate to any other part of your domain? I just need to provide POP3 mail for company individuals who are not allowed to "see" anything else but mail. Thank you, Mike PS: This is a Small Business Server 2003 domain. Exchange pop3 uses Windows authentication. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

Data display incomplete after creating Pivot Table
I have created pivot table from spreedsheet. One of the fields "additional comments" doesn't display fully in the pivot report. I have tried increasing column widths and row widths. I have also tried using Alt+enter as suggested in some of other discussion forum. Nothing is working so far. Any help appreciated. Thank you! Hi komal. I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item number 36 towards the top of my home page. It works OK for me. Check out the file. I hope that it helps in some way. If my comments have h...

Creating e-mail contacts
I have been advised to create mail-enabled contacts in the ESM. Could someone tell me what ESM is please? The requirement I am trying to resolve is to be able to provide all users with an address list containing a few contacts who are outside my organisation. Thanks in advance. ESM is Exchange System Manager, the admin program for Exchange 2000/2003. You do not create mail-enabled contacts in here, you need to use Active Directory Users and Computers. -- Paul Ford Microsoft UK LTD This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Samantha Wo...