Create a email list......outlook or exchange?

This is an odd questions...I think.
Is there a way to use exchange to send mass emails to say 1000 users from an
excel spreadsheet or an access database or do you have to use a 3rd party
application to do so. All the recipients are voluntary and have asked to be
emailed.

There should be no complaints.

Thanks,

CB
0
cb (71)

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:29:01 -0700, "CB"
<CB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This is an odd questions...I think.
>Is there a way to use exchange to send mass emails to say 1000 users from an
>excel spreadsheet or an access database or do you have to use a 3rd party
>application to do so. All the recipients are voluntary and have asked to be
>emailed.
>
>There should be no complaints.
>
>Thanks,
>
>CB

You can do a mail merge with either.

0
adavid (8731)
7/16/2005 2:03:30 AM
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 13:29:01 -0700, "CB"
<CB@discussions.microsoft.com> hired a team of monkeys to write:

>This is an odd questions...I think.
>Is there a way to use exchange to send mass emails to say 1000 users from an
>excel spreadsheet or an access database or do you have to use a 3rd party
>application to do so. All the recipients are voluntary and have asked to be
>emailed.

http://www.slipstick.com/contacts/startletter.htm#ol2kmerge is a good
resource. There are several other methods described at the slipstick
site as well IIRC.

>There should be no complaints.

Famous last words. :)

--
Chris Scharff
Messaging Services Architect

Business Continuity That Makes Business Sense
http://www.messageone.com/email-continuity/

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

invalid email address

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

Attaching Contacts to new email

How to create an autonumber field?

Contacts in Exchange #2