CPU heavy load since Exc2003 SP2 upgrade

We upgraded without any apparent problems to SP2, but I have noticed the CPU
usage is now at a constant 65-80%.
Are there any further patches?  or is this normal.

Regards

carl

0
Craig3960 (11)

On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:28:33 -0600, "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote:

>We upgraded without any apparent problems to SP2, but I have noticed the CPU
>usage is now at a constant 65-80%.
>Are there any further patches?  or is this normal.
>
>Regards
>
>carl

What 3rd party software is installed on the Exch Server?
0
adavid (8731)
2/2/2007 5:52:17 PM
The only other program is Goldmine and Goldmine integratin services.
Looking at their mem usage is ony 32000K
while store is at 650000K with 50% CPU

Thanks

"Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:28:33 -0600, "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote:
>
>>We upgraded without any apparent problems to SP2, but I have noticed the
>>CPU
>>usage is now at a constant 65-80%.
>>Are there any further patches?  or is this normal.
>>
>>Regards
>>
>>carl
>>

> What 3rd party software is installed on the Exch Server?

0
Craig3960 (11)
2/2/2007 6:23:55 PM
What about antivirus products?  What tasks are using the bulk of the CPU?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message
> The only other program is Goldmine and Goldmine integratin services.
> Looking at their mem usage is ony 32000K
> while store is at 650000K with 50% CPU
>
> Thanks
>
> "Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
> message news:uhu6s2den5vsft09sbf5riktjrqu6o7i65@4ax.com...
>> On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 11:28:33 -0600, "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote:
>>
>>>We upgraded without any apparent problems to SP2, but I have noticed the
>>>CPU
>>>usage is now at a constant 65-80%.
>>>Are there any further patches?  or is this normal.
>>>
>>>Regards
>>>
>>>carl
>>>

>> What 3rd party software is installed on the Exch Server?

0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/2/2007 6:38:06 PM
Antivirus is turned off at this time.  We scan thru our firewall appliance.
Store.exe is using over 50%  the next highest is 5%

thanks

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
> What about antivirus products?  What tasks are using the bulk of the CPU?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message
>> The only other program is Goldmine and Goldmine integratin services.
>> Looking at their mem usage is ony 32000K
>> while store is at 650000K with 50% CPU
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>> message news:uhu6s2den5vsft09sbf5riktjrqu6o7i65@4ax.com...

>>> What 3rd party software is installed on the Exch Server?

0
Craig3960 (11)
2/2/2007 7:09:47 PM
You could try removing the antivirus entirely.  What happens if you turn off
Goldmine?
--

> Antivirus is turned off at this time.  We scan thru our firewall
> appliance.
> Store.exe is using over 50%  the next highest is 5%
>
> thanks
>

> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>> What about antivirus products?  What tasks are using the bulk of the CPU?
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message
>>> The only other program is Goldmine and Goldmine integratin services.
>>> Looking at their mem usage is ony 32000K
>>> while store is at 650000K with 50% CPU
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> "Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>> message news:uhu6s2den5vsft09sbf5riktjrqu6o7i65@4ax.com...

0
curspice6401 (3487)
2/2/2007 8:12:31 PM
I'll try removing the AV, Goldmine consists of 2 services which have no
effect on resources when closed.

> You could try removing the antivirus entirely.  What happens if you turn
> off Goldmine?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message
>> Antivirus is turned off at this time.  We scan thru our firewall
>> appliance.
>> Store.exe is using over 50%  the next highest is 5%
>>
>> thanks
>>

>> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>>> What about antivirus products?  What tasks are using the bulk of the
>>> CPU?
>>> --
>>> Ed Crowley
>>> MVP - Exchange
>>> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>>>
>>> "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message

0
Craig3960 (11)

Data Loss from Customers after Installing SP2 with Exchange Mail
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3211973973_9913202 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi All, I wanted to give you an update regarding Microsoft Office 11.2.0 Service Pack 2 (SP2), which we released Sept. 20th. SP2 has been a resounding success in most cases, however, we have received a few isolated reports of lost data from customers after installing SP2. Known issue: After installing SP2, if an Exchange mailbox is moved ...

Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114 -Ora
Hi, I have a problem of running the ASP.NET web pages on the server after making the file deployment. The server was intalled OraClient11g_home1. I created DSN in ODBC with this driver. The test connection was successful. When I ran the page that has the connection with Oracle, I've got this error message : "ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 1114 (Oracle in OraClient11g_home1)" Could you help me to solve this problem? Thanks in advance. =?Utf-8?B?YmllbndlbGw=?= <bienwell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:44...

Strange error message when loading a collection with an item of user defined type
Hi, I want to store an unknown number of records, read from a txt data, into a Collection. Each record is made of 26 strings, so I defined a user-defined type Record: Const NLines As Long = 26 Type Record Lines(NLines) As String End Type Dim MyRecord As Record I also defined a Collection object to store all the record: Dim List As Collection Set List = New Collection However, when I read a record and then try to load it into List: Data.Add Item:=MyRecord I get this incomprehensible (for me) error message: "Only public user defined types defined in publ...

Resolution to CRM 1.2 database export failed error during 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade
After struggling with this error working with MS Support and receiving no resolution, we were able to solve the problem through KB article 916924 (see below). Why MS Support did not point us to this in the first place is quite frustrating, so hopefully this will help others! CAUSE Cause 1 This problem occurs because there are saved queries in the Microsoft CRM 1.2 databases that are malformed. This problem usually occurs because a third-party product is not completely removed from the Microsoft CRM databases before you upgrade to Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. Cause 2 This problem occurs if th...

Yahoo text has multiple deletions since '08 Word was installed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel I've probably made some basic error with installing Office: mac 2008. Since doing so, I can't read much of anything on Yahoo. Many letters are missing; some are squished together. Is there are a problem with font compatibility? I'd welcome any suggestions on how to fix the problem. Otherwise, I'll need to uninstall and try again, which I suppose is not a bad initial strategy. Please help. Simply shut the computer down, turn it off, then restart. When you restart, you force a rebuilt of the font caches, ...

Has exchange taken most of the resources?? Is it time to upgrade????
Hi everyone, I have an SBS2000 server running SQL2000 and Exchange 2000. For the last 2 weeks after the exchange implementation my server has becomes short on memory. I came back today from a 2 week vacation and got this surprise with a message on the health monitor a warning from Paging file.The % Memory Available is 11MB from 1GB that's too low, why is this happening and what can I do to solve this?? My C drive space is 4.2gb with 38% of free disk space and my E (share Drives) drive is 32 gb. with 56% of disk space. When I go to the System properties in the performance options this is ...

Issues after upgrade to Exchange 2007
After upgrading to Exchange 2007, we are experiencing these issues: 1. E-mails sent from CRM are not routing thru Exchange to the Internet (we use a forwarding e-mail, and all lights are green within the Router Config Manager) 2. Incoming CRM-related e-mails in Outlook are not automatically tagged with the CRM icon Specific to item #1, we are seeing this error: #27938 - An error occurred while checking for e-mail messages to process in mailbox crmadmin@domain.com. System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse(...

Load Testing Software
I am looking for suggestions on load testing software that will work with Great Plains. We are trying to simulate about 50 users. Any suggestions? ...

Error occurred while loading sheet 3011111111111111111111111111111
I get this message on one of my XL workbooks - fairly sure it's converted from XL 97. I've read all the related posts which all say that the answer is to open the file in XL 97 and do the fix. All well and good but we no longer have XL 97 - is there any other way to fix the issue and open the file? Thanks. Hi FRM If you can't open the file in 2000-2003 then send me the file and i will change the codename for you. Send the file to me private -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "FMR" <fionaross99@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c5c9f293.04080...

Exchange 2003 SP2 db size limits
I have an Exchange 2003 install that was upgraded to SP2 some months ago. It was my understanding the SP2 raised the db size limit to 75Gb, but I recently had the following error: Product: Exchange Event ID: 1216 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Version: 6.5.6940.0 Component: Microsoft Exchange Information Store Message: The Exchange store 'THA\Mailbox Store (SRV_1)' is limited to 18 GB. The current physical size of this database (the .edb file and the .stm file) is 17 GB. If the physical size of this database minus its logical free space exceeds the limit of 18 GB, the da...

Problem showing full category list after upgrade from Money 03 to
I just upgraded from Money 2003 to 2007. When I select : Microsoft Money Settings -> Category settings -> Show Full Category List I receive the following error message: Money encountered an error and must cancel this operation. Please try again later. Is there any way to find out more about what is going wrong? ...

Outlook CPU
For some reason, when I go to send an email, my CPU pegs out at 99% for about a min. The email goes fine after this min. but way would it start taking so darned long? We are running Exchange 2k and Outlook 2k. I am the only one with this problem. ...

Office Upgrade
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am moving from PC to Mac and have for years used Office and have a Pro version of Offce 2007 (PC). Can I purchase an Upgrade copy of Office 2008 for Mac or do I have to start again and buy the full version? Peter R Hawkes Sorry, but there is no "cross-platform" upgrade. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <PeterRHawkes@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59b7afb5.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw... > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > I am moving from PC to Mac and hav...

Procedure for upgrade to Office 2004 Professional
I bought Office:Mac v.X Professional in March. I want to get the = Office:Mac=20 2004 Professional upgrade. Should I send in the paperwork now (before = it's=20 released) or wait until it's available to file for my upgrade? I don't think it matters on the paperwork, I'm pretty sure lots of people sent theirs in long ago, so long as you make the ending deadline--but it seems like they won't send you anything until VPC is ready, just note. On 8/12/04 8:57 AM, "Alton" wrote: > I bought Office:Mac v.X Professional in March. I want to get the Office:Mac > 2004...

POS
I am trying to upgrade to new hardware. What's the best way to migrate existing database and system releated information to new hardware? I tried to install POS on new hardware and copy databases, but that didn't work. Thanks, Hello Jay, It is not a copy of the database that you have to do but a restore. You actually need to do a backup of your store database from the old workstation and restore it on the new one. You do just as a brand new installation but instead of using the rmsdb.bck file from Microsoft you use your store backup. Hope it helps, "Jay Lee" wro...

Upgrade From Ctree GP7.0 to SQL2005 GP10
Hi, Good day. I'm have a customer who currently using GP7.0 with Ctree. What I found from the web is they suggest to upgrade Gp7.0 with Ctree with migration tool provided from GP, however, I can't find this tool. I really need this in order to upgrade for my customer, can anyone please tell me where can I get this? Beside using migration tool, do you guys know is there any other way I can do the upgration? What are the steps? Any comment and suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. :) Thaiken, If I remember correctly, you will need to take your customer from eEnterprise 7.0 to Gr...

W2K3 SP1 32 bit and E2K3 SP2 on 64 bit architecture
Will Windows Server 2003 SP1 x32 Enterprise Eidtion and E2K3 SP2 Enterprise Edition run on 64 bit servers? If so, will it run without problems? We have opportunity to replace our Exchange 32 bit servers with 64 bit servers. We know E2K3 won't run on W2K3 x64, so that means installing W2K3 x32. We would send the 32 bit servers to branch offices that would have been getting the 64 bit servers as file servers. I had an epiphemy thinking about Exchange 12 but want to check if any issues. E2K3 is the only app running on the server. Thanks! jremmc No issues, x32 Windows Server and Ex...

Upgrading SQL Server 7 to SQL 2000 or 2005 concerns
Can someone give me some suggestions of upgrading SQL Server from version 7 to SQL 2000 or SQL 2005? Dynamics GP 9.0 is the only application running on our SQL server. thanks! -- Doug Doug, SQL 7.0 to SQL 2000 need to be upgraded using the upgrade tool that exist with SQL 2000 Installation, on the other hand, SQL 2000 to 2005 does not need any actions. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Doug" wrote: > Can s...

Smart List record count in 10.0 SP2
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone else has seen a situation in the standard smart list for Purchase Line Items returns a different line count in the window than on the bottom of the window in the status bar. For instance, a client requested a search using the view "Today's Expected Receipts", so the window shows 4 rows, but the status bar at the bottom shows 8. The search criteria look to be the same as in my local view. Trying it in my local view, I get the same results for other views under this object, for instance the window shows 13 rows, but the status bar shows ...

AutoSave Add-in Not Loading-2nd request for assistance
(Posted last week in "Excel-SetUp" with no response; trying again in a more active group) Running Office 2000 with Excel on Windows XP. Just switched over from Windows 98 on a new computer and loaded Office 2000 with it. Works fine, except have to remember to recheck and reload the AutoSave (and any other) Add-in every time I open Excel. Have tried saving a new template to Excel start and have browsed thru the knowledge base but haven't found anything. With Windows 98, once they were installed, they stayed there and opened with Excel. Suggestions, please. Thanks Maybe...

MS Outlook 2007 SP2
Is MS OutlooK 2007 SP2 support for CRM4.0 Outlook client. In documentation it is mentioned MS Office System SP1. Please clarify if MS Office 2007 SP2 is supported. The documentation was prepared before SP2 was available, but what they describe are the minimum version and patch levels. Generally speaking, any patch level above the documented minimum will be fine. Dave Ireland "mvj123" <mvj123@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A16700EA-5ACA-41CA-997A-9BF997E73D37@microsoft.com... > Is MS OutlooK 2007 SP2 support for CRM4.0 Outlook client. In documentatio...

Exchange Upgrade Error.
Ok. Weird problem. Recently Installed SBS 2003. Exchange was installed and all users are able to send and recieve emails. Here is the funny problem. When I tried to upgrade service pack on Exchange, it told Exchange is missing. I thought its weird since Exchange is 100% on the machine. Now SP2 came out and I tried again. It gave me the same error. Does anyone know what can the problem possibly be? Thank You Please post back the exact text of the error, and anything logged in the system or event logs at the same time the SP install fails. "Kory" <koryg@communi...

Exch 2003 SP2
Following the typical procedures below I am able to update one node at time of the Exchange 2003 servers to SP2. As per recommendation below, I applied Exch2003 SP2 to one offline Node1. Then when I attempt to "move resources" to node Node2, I noticed that failover doesn't complete - Systems Attendant fails to get started. In my pre-production environment, I was able to instal the Exch2003 SP2 only upon taking the resources "offline" in the Cluster administrator tool. Then I was able to install the Exch2003SP2 on both nodes, upgrade the Virtual Exchange server an...

Upgrade 5.5 -> 2003
Hi! I want to upgrade an Exchange server 5.5 to Exchange 2003. The datastore is 57Gb! Is it best to join a 2003 to the site and migrate the mailboxes ? Or ? is it possible to script the move mailbox command ? regards, Richard On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:24:21 +0100, "Richard" <richardh2o@hotmail.com> wrote: > >Hi! > >I want to upgrade an Exchange server 5.5 to Exchange 2003. The datastore is >57Gb! > >Is it best to join a 2003 to the site and migrate the mailboxes ? Or ? is it >possible to script the move mailbox command ? WHy script it when...

DPM 2010
I've just upgraded DPM 2007 to the DPM 2010 Beta. I'm manually upgrading the agents using DPMAgentInstaller_x64 per the release notes. This went fine on two machines, but failed on a Server 2008 DC. I get the following error. Installing agent and configure for dpmserver =[DOMAIN\SERVER] DPMAgentInstaller failed with errorcode =80070534, error says: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. Check log files in [WINDIR]Temp\MSDPM*.LOG Press Enter key to close the window I've seen some similar posts, but no solution. Any help would be appreciate...