count users on database / store script

Greetings.

I work for a large enterprise with several exchange
servers, each server has 2 storage groups, and each
storage group has 3 databases.  I need a script that will
produce a CSV with total number of mailboxes on each
database.  I eventually will post this information on our
intranet using a data binding table.  Can anyone help get
me started on producing such a script?

Thanks In Advance.
Rich Nahra

0
nahrar (1)

Via Exchange System Manager - Expand mailbox store - mailboxes - Right
click - Export List - Open with Excel and scroll to the bottom for the
total - subtract one for the header.

Otherwise you could do a ldap search based on the mailbox store (homemdb) if
you want a more scripted approach.

You could have a bat file the runs the search and then pipe it to the find
command and search on "entries exported" and have that go to a file.

echo %date% >> log.txt
echo store a >> log.txt
ldifde -f something.ldf -p subtree -r (homemdb=dn of that mdb) | find
"entries exported" >>log.txt
del something.ldf
echo store b >> log.txt
ldifde -f something.ldf -p subtree -r (homemdb=dn of that mdb) | find
"entries exported" >>log.txt
del something.ldf

echo store c >> log.txt
ldifde -f something.ldf -p subtree -r (homemdb=dn of that mdb) | find
"entries exported" >>log.txt
del something.ldf

echo store d >> log.txt
ldifde -f something.ldf -p subtree -r (homemdb=dn of that mdb) | find
"entries exported" >>log.txt
del something.ldf
del ldif.log

You will likely need to add objectclass=user if you get slightly higher than
expected results.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"Rich Nahra" <nahrar@ccf.org> wrote in message
> Greetings.
>
> I work for a large enterprise with several exchange
> servers, each server has 2 storage groups, and each
> storage group has 3 databases.  I need a script that will
> produce a CSV with total number of mailboxes on each
> database.  I eventually will post this information on our
> intranet using a data binding table.  Can anyone help get
> me started on producing such a script?
>
> Thanks In Advance.
> Rich Nahra

0
dtown (976)

Within domain mail going to Junk Email on some users?
Hi Everyone, I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook is. When certain users email others within our single domain, their mail goes directly to the recipient's junk email folder? Any thoughts as to why? No Rules are causing it that I can see... Thanks! On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 06:01:02 -0800, "Ken Montgomery" <KenMontgomery@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi Everyone, > >I have a weird situation, not sure if Exchange is causing it or if Outlook >is. > >When certain users email others within our single domain, t...

How do I import graphics from the database
Hello all, My SQL Server 2000 database has a buch of jpeg images stored in columns of type "image". I 'd like to bring them into Excel. What is the best way to do that. As of now I can see several approaches: 1. Database Query. But it doesn't want to convert image column in database to pictures in Excel. 2. VBA. Any thoughts? ...

Information store reached 16GB limit exchange 5.5
Our information store has reached the 16GB limit. Users have cleared out there mailboxes. Now total 4GB. The information store still says it is full at 16GB, we have run the defrag utility. What can I do to clear this. Thanks in advance for your replies The 1221 Event in Application Log in the morning should state 4GB Free - if not make sure deleted item retention is off. Once you get the 1221 with the correct value you can defrag again. Make sure the backups are done before 1am or it could interrupt this process. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS&...

Macro for test result Count as pass, fail and incomplete.
Hi all, Please send me a macro to resolve my issue as i have to excecute test cases and after that at the end of the day i need to send the number of count for my test cases as Pass, Fail and incomplete, and right now i'm doing this manually so please send me a macro so that just running that macro i 'll able to count my test result separatly as pass fail and incomplete... Thanx in advance... Amar You have given no information about the data layout, so it is difficult to be specific, but you can probably do what you want with a worksheet function instead of a macro. See Help fo...

vbs script to list files in a directory and email results
Hi. Been trying to write something with out any luck. Im looking for a script that will look in a given directory (i.e. c:\mydata) and e-mail details of what files are in that directory, the details needed are file names, date modified and size. Anyone got any sample scripts ? Thanks "systemtek" <duncan@systemtek.co.uk> wrote in message news:8c076e3d-9231-452b-8700-fd6227eb9bc8@y12g2000vbg.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > > Been trying to write something with out any luck. Im looking for a > script that will look in a given directory (i.e. c:\...

USER NAMES
Hi, Like many telesales functions ours has a high staff turnover. In order to keep having to set up new Active Directory and CRM user accounts I was thinking of setting up a generic user accounts called, for example, telesales1, telesales2 etc instead of individual user names. The Active Directory user would therefore be called telesales 1 and within MS CRM instead of user names there would be telesales1, telesales 2 etc. Does anyone have any opinion as to whether there would be any issues with MS CRM and this intended approach? Best regards Lee Lee, As long as these users are truly uni...

If a user delete a mail....how do i get it back?
Hi all I have a exch2003 + outlook2003 setup. i have a issue where a user deleted a mail and from Deleted items also. I tried to lg onto OWA and recover it from there but was unable to do so because it was 7-10 days back. is there anything i can do in exchange to keep message e.g 30 days after it has been deleted. Thank you for your ideas. Search for "deleted item retention" in Exchange Help. - Jason "MSExchange2003Student" <exchangestudent@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:%23jXF4C5bHHA.4632@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi all > > I have a exch...

scripts for adding TCP/IP printer and driver
Is there a sample of scripts or batch file how to add TCP/IP printer for local machine? I would like to use local machine to connect printer by using TCP/IP printer, I don’t want to use printer server because we always having some sort of issue. To make my life easier I just like client machine to use local TCP/IP printer and I want to in some kind to scripting to automated add the printer for them. Try asking in one of Windows newsgroups. drpepper wrote: > Is there a sample of scripts or batch file how to add TCP/IP printer for > local machine? > I would like to use local ma...

Forwarding email on user causes LDAP constraint violation
Scenario: two completely different domains, bi-directional trust established (single domain forrests each). Desired solution: for some users in domain A who have an Exchange Server mailbox in that domain, create a fowarding to their email address on domain B where domains A and B are trusted bi-directionally. Result: chaning the properties of user in domain A under Exchange General tab, delivery options, to forward to a user email in domain B Exchange Server causes an error box: constraint violation LDAP provider. Any clues as to what needs to be done to make this work? Browsing t...

CRM 4.0 Client-Side Scripting
Hi, Does anybody figure out how to impersonate using JavaScript in a SOAP call? In an CRM Online environment, I can't write plug-in to intercept the Save operation like in the On-Premise environment. Everything in an Online environment needs to go through web service and client side scripting. I have a situation where each user only have access to their own contact records. however I need a way to detect if a new user input contact is already in the system from the other users' contact records. The GenerateAuthenticationHeader() method only does authentication for the current logon u...

counting phone numbers
I have a column that contains phone numbers. Some of the phone numbers are repeated in more than one row. I know there is a way, which I can't remember at the moment, to count the numbers such as this: Phone # of times it appears 555-555-1212 1 555-555-1213 1 555-555-1212 2 555-555-1214 1 Can someone remind me how to do this, please? Thanks. Glenn, You appear to be counting numbers above the one that is currently being considered (ie. 1212 counts 1 the first time then 2 the second) =COUNTIF(A$1:A1,A1) drag ...

Mail addressed to one user going to another
Hello! I've got a root/child domain setup with three Exchange servers in the root domain. One of the Exchange servers acts as a front end server while the other two hold the mail for all of the users in the enterprise. I'm having a problem with mail being sent to the wrong user. We have a couple users with the same login names but they belong to different domains. bob@child1.domain.com and bob@child2.domain.com for example. Depending on what day it is and the position of the sun and the moon, if I send mail to bob@child1.domain.com either he will get it or bob@child2.domain...

How to delete certain emails before they reach the user's mailbox?
Hi 1. I'm dealing with Windows Small Business Server 2003 (as an administator) and Exchange Server 2003. 2. I would like to be able to create my own spam filter in C++ to run on the server and use with Exchange. 3. Is there a way to access the files which actually store the emails so that i could analyze them and delete certain ones before they reach the user's mailbox? Thanks, David. "David" <davidmccaldin@gmail.com> wrote: >1. I'm dealing with Windows Small Business Server 2003 (as an >administator) and Exchange Server 2003. > >2. I would like...

vb dataset row count incorrect
Hi Has anyone else had this problem. Im using a vb .net dataset to read & write XML but when I check the number of rows for a table it's incorrect. Example number of rows = 4 table row count says there are 8 rows does anyone know how to correct this problem ? Regards Neil neil rowe wrote: > Has anyone else had this problem. Im using a vb .net dataset to read & > write XML but when I check the number of rows for a table it's incorrect. > > Example number of rows = 4 > table row count says there are 8 rows That may have something to do with whitespa...

users permission
i'm trying to share a outlook calander with a non-local user it says( that non- local users can't be given rights on this server.) how would i go about this. please help What do you mean by non-local users? Provide more detail on how you are sharing the calendar and where the non local user is coming from. Nue "tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B4D21E7-7C6F-4BBC-BA52-CD0AE5365F4E@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to share a outlook calander with a non-local user it says( > that > non- local users can't be given ri...

Count with difficult/multiple citeria
Hi, I have a complicated question for help. I hope that I make it sound ok. First thing to remember is that this sheet is linked to another, which is in-turn link to another...ive been filtering data! so what i have is: >From B3:B200 a list of brands >From column F2 to to Z2 I have a list of shop names and then their respective sales in F3:Z200 What I want is for it to idenitfy where there are only sales in one store (so where there are it will say one)...that is easy I can do that! but the next bit is where I am stuck. The brands can be the same, so there could be more tha...

Cannot login a new user
I login GP as "sa" and create a newuser. When the new user tried to login GP and got "There isn't a valid login record on the server for the user ID and password you entered." I checked GP and SQL Server and the user is there. What can I do to solve the problem? Thanks. stien, Are you making sure that you log into GP with the user id as the same case? With 9.0, the user id/password is case sensitive. It could also be that you didn't grant access to the user to any companies in the User Company Access window but I don't think that's it as on initial log...

User Form
I am creating a user form. One of the fields is for the date of birth of the person being entered. The person being entered has to be between 14 and 16 on the date of entry. Is there a way to set up some type of validation so that if the person isn't between 14 and 16 an error message will pop up? If so, how? Thanks. There's a function called =datedif() that you can use. Select your cell (I used A1). Data|Validation Custom formula: =AND(DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")>13,DATEDIF(A1,TODAY(),"y")<17) First, take a look at Chip Pearson's notes at: http://ww...

Batches having user id.
Hi, There is an error where user is not able to open Sales Order processing. This is happening frequently with the same user. Has anybody faced a similar problem frequently where batch number gets stored by used id in SY00500 and then the user is not able to open SOP transaction. Resolution has been given to delete such batches and then the user is able to open the SOP transaction entry screen. Can any one let me know the cause for getting this error? Regards, I believe when the batch ID is the user ID then that means the user was not actually putting the transaction into a batch, jus...

Duplicating an existing database to a new store
We have an existing installation of RMS in 1 store and been using it for a while. We just opened a new store and with RMS, and we want to copy the database of our first store into this new store installation. What files should I copy over to the new machine ? And is it necessary to use the import/export feature, or simply copy the database file ? Thank you, -- GCI You can backup the database of the first machine and then use that .bck file to create your new database on the second machine, then use SOAdministrator to delete the transaction history on the second machine after the dat...

Count if if
I need to count the number of items that meet a certain criteria in two different cell arrays. I am having serious trouble figuring this out. I would like to count as 1 only if cell D="x" and Cell A="B". I have tried a couple of different ways to do this but keep getting errors. xl2007 added an =countifs() formula. But in any version of excel: =sumproduct(--(d1:d10="x"),--(a1:a10="b")) Adjust the ranges to match--but you can't use whole columns (except in xl2007+). =sumproduct() likes to work with numbers. The -- stuff change...

Stock Count Schedule
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C9AC8D.3DC38600 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Under Inventory >Stock Count Schedule> Stock Count Mass Add, there is a = check box if you want to include or exclue the zero on hand items. Un-Checking that Box to exclude the ZERO does not work. does any one = know if it is bux or how to fix/resolve this issue Regards, ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01C9AC8D.3DC38600 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encodin...

Per User 'Mark as Read' on Mailbox
We have a number of users that, as well as their own e-mail address, share a common group one. The group mailbox shows the status 'Read' for all users when the first user marks it as read, for whatever reason. Is there a way that each user can have his own read status? I realise that this is availble for Public Folders. We are using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SR1. ...

Global Customer Accounts don't reach other stores
Hi, Our Global Customer accounts created at Store A seemed to have stopped reaching Store B. We can see them in HQ, but they don't seem to be getting downloaded to the other store. Client is running. Not sure what's going on. Help! -- Thanks, Pete ...

Do not allow two users in the same A/R cash receipt batch
1) Go to Transactions/Sales/Cash Receipts. Enter a cash receipt for a customer and save it to a batch. 2) Exit the batch and log back into it as though you are going to edit the information. 3) Go into the same cash receipt batch as a second user. Notice that you are not stopped from doing this even though another user is currently editing the batch. EXPECTED RESULTS: The second user would not be allowed into the cash receipt batch while the first user is editing the batch. ACTUAL RESULTS: The second user can enter the same cash receipt batch as the first user. This opens up the...