copying messages to multiple mailboxes

I've worked around this issue in a number of ways, and it's getting
unwieldy and more complicated.  So what I'm looking for is a "best
method" solution.

Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000/2003 clients.  I have a group of users who
each need to receive the other's mail, incoming and outgoing.  The
kicker is they need to receive the message only once.  So if I have
three users for example, A, B and C, then I need the following:

Message from X to A also gets copied to B and C.
Message from C to A gets copied only B.

The problem I've had most trouble with is a message from X to A being
copied to B and C, which in turn becomes a message to B and is copied
to A and C, and so on.  I also have the same type of multiple copy
distribution on an outgoing message to a third party being BCC'd to
the other two, and being reflected back to the original sender.

I've used the Outlook mailbox rules in the past to do a "If the
message comes from B, copy to C but if the messages comes from X copy
to B and C" dealie, but this relies on Outlook being on and the user's
don't want that to be a requirement.

I've used alternate recipeints, sending to a mailing list with the
other two users listed, to get around the Outlook requirements and
just Outlook on outbound rules, but I get duplicate issues that way.

I would like to just give each user access to the other's mailboxes,
but they want the mail to come to them instead of having to go look
for it.

And as a last issue, the users want all the messages to be BCC'd to
each other so no other users know they have received a copy, and to
have Read Receipts only returned for the primary destination and not
the copied users.

So, is there a solution?  Third party products would even be
acceptable if need be I guess.

Thanks for your help.

Jeff

Aren't users fun? ;-)

Would it be too much trouble for the users to monitor a public folder? You
could mail-enable a public folder, give only those 3 users access to the
folder, and set all 3 mailboxes to forward a copy to the folder...
--
hth,
SusanV

"Jeff Cochran" <jcochran.nospam@naplesgov.com> wrote in message
> I've worked around this issue in a number of ways, and it's getting
> unwieldy and more complicated.  So what I'm looking for is a "best
> method" solution.
>
> Exchange 5.5, Outlook 2000/2003 clients.  I have a group of users who
> each need to receive the other's mail, incoming and outgoing.  The
> kicker is they need to receive the message only once.  So if I have
> three users for example, A, B and C, then I need the following:
>
> Message from X to A also gets copied to B and C.
> Message from C to A gets copied only B.
>
> The problem I've had most trouble with is a message from X to A being
> copied to B and C, which in turn becomes a message to B and is copied
> to A and C, and so on.  I also have the same type of multiple copy
> distribution on an outgoing message to a third party being BCC'd to
> the other two, and being reflected back to the original sender.
>
> I've used the Outlook mailbox rules in the past to do a "If the
> message comes from B, copy to C but if the messages comes from X copy
> to B and C" dealie, but this relies on Outlook being on and the user's
> don't want that to be a requirement.
>
> I've used alternate recipeints, sending to a mailing list with the
> other two users listed, to get around the Outlook requirements and
> just Outlook on outbound rules, but I get duplicate issues that way.
>
> I would like to just give each user access to the other's mailboxes,
> but they want the mail to come to them instead of having to go look
> for it.
>
> And as a last issue, the users want all the messages to be BCC'd to
> each other so no other users know they have received a copy, and to
> have Read Receipts only returned for the primary destination and not
> the copied users.
>
> So, is there a solution?  Third party products would even be
> acceptable if need be I guess.
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Jeff

0
svanallen (210)
1/9/2004 5:09:13 PM
On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 12:09:13 -0500, "Susan VanAllen [MVP]"
<svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote:

>Aren't users fun? ;-)
>
>Would it be too much trouble for the users to monitor a public folder? You
>could mail-enable a public folder, give only those 3 users access to the
>folder, and set all 3 mailboxes to forward a copy to the folder...

It was too much trouble for them to monitor each other's mailboxes,
even when they were right there on the Outlook shortcuts.  And
unfortunately, I'm working at the highest management level here,
ordinary users could be slapped into line.  :)

I'm tempted to set up a mailbox for all of them, redirect all their
messages to it and not tell them they're using the same one.  Except
one would complain the messages are mysteriously disapperaing when a
second deleted them.  :(

Jeff
I thought that maybe they'd go for the public folder, cause then instead
them having to see a whole nother mailbox you could just put it in the
public folders/favorites for them and it looks like another folder in their
own mailbox...
These things are always so much more difficult when it's management, I feel
your pain! What they are asking simply is NOT possible, at least not with
exchange 5.5 and I don't know of any other mail system or third party stuff
that would be able to do that either, it's an insane request.

=(

> On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 12:09:13 -0500, "Susan VanAllen [MVP]"
> <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote:
>
> >Aren't users fun? ;-)
> >
> >Would it be too much trouble for the users to monitor a public folder?
You
> >could mail-enable a public folder, give only those 3 users access to the
> >folder, and set all 3 mailboxes to forward a copy to the folder...
>
> It was too much trouble for them to monitor each other's mailboxes,
> even when they were right there on the Outlook shortcuts.  And
> unfortunately, I'm working at the highest management level here,
> ordinary users could be slapped into line.  :)
>
> I'm tempted to set up a mailbox for all of them, redirect all their
> messages to it and not tell them they're using the same one.  Except
> one would complain the messages are mysteriously disapperaing when a
> second deleted them.  :(
>
> Jeff

0
svanallen (210)

recieved error message 0x8DE00006
I cannot get Outlook to send a mass mailer out to business emails. Is ther a max amount that I can send too? I just keep getting this error message and then I go to look it up and there is not solution. Please help!? I have about 375 emails addresses in a distribution list. I just can't seem to send it out. This is most probably an issue with your ISP. They put a quota on how many emails you can send out at a single time. It is a control put in place to restrict Spam. Call your ISP for info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

Trouble enabling Message tracking
when i go to enable message tracking on my 2k3 exchange server it comes up with the following error: Access Denied. Facitity: LDAP Provider ID no: 80070005 Microsoft exchange management. Now i have full rights over the domain - Full exchange right. I've also permissioned the share and NTFS of \\server\exchange.log correctly and this share points to c:\program files\Exchsrvr\server.log. Could someone please help me? many thanks Will Gerrish Are you trying to do this from the actual Exchange server or somewhere else? Nue "will gerrish" <willgerrish@discussions.microso...

VLookup in VBA giving error message

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 upgrade issue 3

Copy constructor
Dear people, I have a class C1 which contains a member variable of class C2. C2 didn't have a copy constructor up to now but due to a change needed (and got) one, and an assignment operator as well. Now when compiling, I get en error C2558: "class C1: No copy constructor available or copy constructor has been declared 'explicit'". It is correct that C1 doesn't have a copy constructor but I thought that the default copy constructor just calls the assignment operators of the members. Since C2 has an explicitly programmed assignment operator - where is the mi...

copy does not work in word 2003

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

Querying multiple records in two tables

Vacation Message
Is there a way to send an automated response letting people know you are away from the office? If corporate e-mail servers are Microsoft Exchange, you should have an option under the Tools menu called Out of Office Assistant. "Brien" <bnicolau@falcon.tamucc.edu> wrote in message news:0db401c34d2c$307e9e10$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to send an automated response letting > people know you are away from the office? ...

copying formulas in vba
Hey guys. I was wondering if someone could help me. I am writing a vba script that takes in data, analyzes it, and then copies the results to a new file. I am having a problem with two things. 1) I am using a template for the new file so there are a lot of formulas (sums and std) already defined and ready to use. However, there are some instances where there is a random amount of additional data I have to put in. So, I have to apply the same formulas to this new data. How do I copy formulas from one cell to another (allowing for a change in row) in vba? Lets say cell(1,4) has the form...

using vba so search multiple Sheets

Problem with message routing between EXCH2K and EX2K3
We are running a ver simply Exchange topology, with an Exchange 2000 single server (ServerA) acting as "dumb" Information Store. Incoming and outbound SMTP email is relayed through a Linux based SMTP host relay on the same subnet, which handles all domain lookups for mail routing. ServerA is configured to use to the Linux SMTP server as it's smart host. The domain is a native Windows 2003 AD topology. My problem is the following: I have recently added a new Exchange 2003 Server (ServerB) into our Exchange site topology. If I create a user (UserA) on ServerA and then do a...

Transfer address bk and messages
How do I transfer fromm outlook 2003 my info to 2003 on anew computer. Can it really be that hard? Nope. This is your second post. One is enough: http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA010771141033&CTT=98 -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "diggy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37da01c469f6$b6172d20$3a01280a@phx.gbl... > How do I transfer fromm outlook 2003 my info to 2003 on > anew computer. Can it really be that hard? ...

Easy way to copy fields?
I have made a lot of customizations to the Leads form by adding a lot of fields. Now I want to add most of those fields to the Contacts form so that when I promote a Lead the info carries forward. Is there an easy way to copy and then link these fields or do I have to manually create them all all over again as Contact fields and then link them? You need to create the exact same fields in contacts then create mappings betweek leads and contacts in the deployment manager-schema manager. Have a look at the tool and see if it makes sense. As always I recommend you test this out on your tes...

Conflict recovering old mailbox
I have a problem with an old deleted mailbox and a new mailbox. At some level they must share the same DN because if I try to reconnect the old mailbox (Jobs) to a different user it informs me that the "DN/...CN/Jobs" "The specified value is already in use by Jobs". I created a new user, Jobs2. I deleted Jobs and the new mailbox. I can reattach either the old or new mailbox to Jobs2 but when I try to reconnect the other mailbox I receive the same error as above with Jobs2 listed. Is there a way I can use adsi edit or Exchange raw to reassociate this mailbox with a d...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

Public Const strConstantBlue As String = "RGB(79, 129, 189)" throwing error messages
Dear Experts: I declared a Public Constant whose value is valid for a COUPLE of macros. The declaration statement to define the value of the constant is as follows: Public Const strConstantBlue As String = "RGB(79, 129, 189)" The above defined constant will then be used in below macro as well as several similar macros. I declared a Public Const so that I just have to alter the RGB values in one place, should a change be required. Regrettably the macro throws error messages, telling me that a runtime error 13 has occurred. What's wrong with the declaration sta...

Cursor on new message window but no text appears when typed?
When using Outlook 2003 for sending new e-mail, I'm unable to type text into the message body. The cursor appears but no text shows. Text appears when I use Word 2003 to send my new e-mail message. It is more convenient for me to use Outlook. Help. ...