Copy Public Folders #2

I need to copy a ton of public folders and their sub folders to a
single public folder on my exchange 2003 server.

I once saw a program that would accomplish this for me.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

PFmigrate,

http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/PFMIGRATE.html

If you need to keep the same permissions for each folder you will also need
PVADMIN,

http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/the_pfdavadmin_.html

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I need to copy a ton of public folders and their sub folders to a
> single public folder on my exchange 2003 server.
>
> I once saw a program that would accomplish this for me.
>
> Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thanks

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
8/28/2006 11:10:04 PM
This looks like it keeps the folder structure intact.  I need to copy
all of the messages from each of the public folders and subfolders into
a single folder so my users can search them easier.

Thanks,

John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] wrote:
> PFmigrate,
>
> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/PFMIGRATE.html
>
> If you need to keep the same permissions for each folder you will also need
> PVADMIN,
>
> http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/the_pfdavadmin_.html
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2006
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I need to copy a ton of public folders and their sub folders to a
> > single public folder on my exchange 2003 server.
> >
> > I once saw a program that would accomplish this for me.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to do this?
> >
> > Thanks

The only way I know is to make a PST File and drag and drop the messages,
files, etc. into a single folder.  When completed, simply copy the folder to
the new Server.  You might search Google for any third party tools that may
be able to do this task more efficiently such as Quest or NetIQ or Ontrack
but they will cost you.

--

> This looks like it keeps the folder structure intact.  I need to copy
> all of the messages from each of the public folders and subfolders into
> a single folder so my users can search them easier.
>
> Thanks,
>

> John Oliver, Jr. [MVP] wrote:
>> PFmigrate,
>>
>> http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/PFMIGRATE.html
>>
>> If you need to keep the same permissions for each folder you will also
>> need
>> PVADMIN,
>>
>> http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/10/the_pfdavadmin_.html
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2006
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> "Curious Joe" <joebob.johnson@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I need to copy a ton of public folders and their sub folders to a
>> > single public folder on my exchange 2003 server.
>> >
>> > I once saw a program that would accomplish this for me.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know how to do this?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
jcoliverjr (1013)

Money2002 #2
I have been using Money2002 quite uneventfully for several years. When I tried to sign-in today it wold not accept my password. It keeps prompting for my sign-in name and password neither of which has been changed since the beginning. I have tried clicking the "Forgot you password" option but that does nothing. The sign-in screen is the "Microsoft Passport Sign-in" screen. I did try recently to enroll to try-out the new Microsoft Beta Office but found the process with Password too confusing and gave up in the process. Could I have in some way unintentionally fouled ...

help!! #2
Hi. can anyone help me solve this formula on excel.. =IF(PlanA=0,PlanB,PlanD) Thanks -- reddie12345 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ reddie12345's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28500 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=480997 see solution in your other post: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=480996 PLEASE don't multi-post, as this wastes the time of the volunteers who spend time answering in one location when the problem has been already solved in another...

Error sending email #2
Hi I am trying to send email from within access. When I try to create outlook from within access using Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application"), I get the 'Automation Error, The specified module could not be found.". I can see the outlook 11 reference in the reference so not sure why it can't find outlook. This app is working fine on other machines so the problem has to be with this machine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards ...

Excel>Data>Import External Data>New Web query #2
Hi I am trying to use Excel 2003 to import data from http://bigcharts.marketwatch.com/quotes/default.asp?refresh=on&rand=8519 I use new web query on the above url. I select the data in the block under 'My Favourite Quotes' The wizard behaves as expected but only returns 1 line not the 3 that have been selected. Can someone please give me some pointers on how I can get the 3 lines. Thanks Bruce Try yahoo instead or go here and get my FREE excel file for quotes or history. Look for donaldb36 as author. xltraders@yahoogroups.com -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@...

Copy text
In Sheet3 I have my formula ( e.g. MOD(H7)), and I want the result to be copied automatically to Sheet1 - the value only. Which function would do it for me? On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 10:28:31 +0100, salonowiec wrote: > > In Sheet3 I have my formula ( e.g. MOD(H7)), and I want the result to be > copied automatically to Sheet1 - the value only. Which function would do it > for me? Think about it this way: Excel doesn't copy results *to* cells, it pulls results *from* cells. In Sheet1, in the cell you want the result copied to, put this formula: =Sheet3!P47 (assuming P4...

SOP Copy function should include header info
There is a checkbox when copying a sales order if you want to copy the ship-to address, but checking that box doesn't update the ship-to address at the header level, just at the line level. It should be possible to copy the address at both the header and line level. There should also be an option for copying user-defined info from the source document. -- Jim@TurboChef ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you...

Question on Public Folders
Hi all, we are switching from Sendmail to Exchange 2007. I am a little confused about Public Folders on Exchange, and have two question on them. 1. Are they needed for users to have the option of sending/receiving mail attachments? 2. Are they needed at all? Can I just disable the option? Robert On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 18:46:00 -0700, supersonic_oasis <supersonicoasis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, we are switching from Sendmail to Exchange 2007. I am a little >confused about Public Folders on Exchange, and have two question on them. > >1. Are they need...

Static CMap object #2
Hi all, Excuse but the other message is wrong I've declared in my .h file the following CMap type : typedef CMap<CString, CString&, MyClass*, MyClass*&> Map; ... ... class AnotherClass { ... public: static Map BuilderMap; ... ... static void Register(CString name, MyClass* instance); }; In one of my CPP file call the Register method as following: AnotherClass::Register(_T("TEST"), this); The code of Register method is : void AnotherClass::Register(CString name, MyClass* instance) { AnotherClass::BuilderMap.SetAt(name, instance); } When linking my project there t...

how can I exceed the nested if fuction limit #2
I am trying to create a validation for a column based off of the previous columns value, which reqires many nested if functions, (10 to be exact). However the limit of 7 nested if function prevents me from being able to do this. With all the amazing things that excel can do, there has to be some sort of work-around for this. Any ideas? Usually the best alternative is to use a Lookup function, however, without more details its hard to give a fuller explanation. _____________________ Naz London "mgdye" wrote: > I am trying to create a validation for a column based off o...

OWA only showing public folders
When I attempt to access my site at https://domain.com/exchange it comes up fine; however if I try to go into https://domain.com/ it will load up OWA but it only shows the public folders. Any ideas? What is the home document page of the website properties point to? "Josh Adams" wrote: > When I attempt to access my site at https://domain.com/exchange it > comes up fine; however if I try to go into https://domain.com/ it will > load up OWA but it only shows the public folders. Any ideas? > > It shouldn't do that. It should be hitting the default web site whic...

SOAP SDK tool V3 #2
Can any one let me know how to configure SOAP SDK tool, to capture data between, Java code and C# webservices. If any one has answer please let me know. rgds Nuts *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** ...

How access Irish Pension Board Spreadsheet PRSA charges? #2
My Email address is lvmcn1@hotmail.com I am looking for details of the charges commissions and durations of PRSA's so as to get my ssia money out of my current account where it is gaining no interest!!!! Having no clue as to where to find the spreadsheet, website or anything else, not much to offer. Do you have a copy of the spreadsheet? If so, what problems are you having getting the information from it? Is it only available for viewing at a website? A web query might get you the information you need. Not much for us to go on here. "Lum" wrote: > My Email ...

80070490 kb967723 but kb967723 was successfully installed 2 months
So what gives? Why does auto update continue to try to install this update? It just started trying to (re)install this update again a couple of days ago. I am also getting this for kb972145, which was also successfully installed 2 months ago. -- lucky jack lucky_jack wrote: > So what gives? Why does auto update continue to try to install this update? > It just started trying to (re)install this update again a couple of days ago. > I am also getting this for kb972145, which was also successfully installed 2 > months ago. The error is occurring because there'...

Copy from worksheet to another x times
I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that will copy Worksheet A Cell B5 to Worksheet B Cell B5 and Worksheet A Cell B6 to Worksheet B Cell C5 'X' Times but, Worksheet A Cell B5 will be increasing by 1 until it reaches the 'X' times. When this is done I then want my worksheet to generate 'X' (this is inputed by the user) how many times the Worksheet will generate after Worksheet B Cell B5 and C5. For example: Worksheet A Cell B5 = 123 Cell B6 = 6 Number of times input by user: B7 = 10 Worksheet B Cell B5 = 123 Cell B6 = 6 Cell B5 = 124 Cell B6 = 7 ......

Conditional Formatting Formula Help Part 2
Hi, I am working on a conditional formatting formula that will refer to a different worksheet that the one it is in, I hope this can be done, so here's how the formula needs to be: in cell X2 of worksheet "10 DAY AVERAGES" I need a formula that tests cell W2 in worksheet "PASTE DATA" to see if it's greater than the 20 day average of cells W2 through D2 in worksheet "PASTE DATA", and if so I will program a certain highlighting color via conditional formatting, I would appreciate very much some help with this formula THANKS! -- RalphSE ---------------...

Problems with nt-backup #2
I know that only the transaction logs are backed up. But if i have one full-backup and and a differential backup i can restore my system if is crashes wright? Or is it better to make everyday a full backup? "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message news:%23mPbzLHwFHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Are you sure you really want to do a differential Exchange backup? You > understand that a differential Exchange backup only backs up the > transaction > logs, right? > -- > Ed Crowley > MVP - Exchange > "Protecting the world from ...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...

Search folder consists of Inbox and Folder with Rule based content. How to go to 1st unread?
I have a search folder which contains Inbox + another folder(which itself has email into it based on a rule running in the Inbox). I need to be able to group by conversation and then quickly goto the first unread email using a keyboard shortcut. I also then need to be able to goto the first unread of the next conversation using hopefully, the same keyboard shortcut. I cannot find anywhere how to accomplish this. I don't just want the unreads in the search folder, I want the complete conversations, in case I read something earlier, need to go back to, but the message has forked and still...

just show the favorites folder
Hi, I work with Outlook 2003. In the left panel, I saw the favorites folders and the all e-mail folder. How show just the favorites folders ? I don't need often all the e-mail folder. Thanks Sophie Sophie <malouin.sophie@qcmines.com[nospam]> wrote: > I work with Outlook 2003. In the left panel, I saw the favorites > folders and the all e-mail folder. > > How show just the favorites folders ? I don't need often all the > e-mail folder. I don't think the views available in the Navigation Pane can be changed. -- Brian Tillman ...

Charting Text #2
Below sample data I am trying to chart but I'm not sure if Excel can do this. It is basically a record of animals (tags) and where they have been spotted. I am trying to create a chart (maybe a scatter) with Location and Month on the X & Y axis and the tag data to appear to show a sighting. I have created a work around using a pivot table but the person looking at this chart is not an Excel user and I want to keep it simple. Any suggestions? Location Month Tag NW Jan J33 NW June J34 SW May J33 SW June J35 E Oct J36 E Nov J35 W May J33 W Apr J34 Hi, Insert new blank columns ...

public view which displays all the records under a business unit?
Hi we have a requirement where a user should be able to see all the records created under his business unit by selecting a public view. He must be able to see all the records created by other users belonging to his business unit. If any one has worked on this or faced the similar requirement, please revert back. Your help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance ...

Copy checkboxes to another sheet
Hi all, I have a very large workbook with many tabs(each tab is a checklist with check boxes that was pulled from the main sheet according to an ID that was given to each line item). What I am trying to do is once the checkbox on the checklist tabs are checked I need the checkbox on the main sheet to automatically show checked as well for checked items. Is this possible? Does it matter which checkbox toolbar I should use. (Control toolbar or Forms toolbar). I am currently having trouble inserting the control toolbar checkboxes through ROW 2000 on each tab. I lock up and can't save...

Messenger #2
Does the standard version of Exchange Server 2003 have the "MSN Messenger"-like server on it? I remember Exchange Server 2000 having the server, but can't find it on 2003. Thanks, Neil Hi Neil The Instant Messager feature of Exchange 2000 has been replaced with a new product called Live Communication Server: http://www.microsoft.com/uk/office/livecomm/prodinfo/default.mspx -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Neil Shaw" <newsgroups@nshaw.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23%2...

email sending problems #2
when sending emails to certain adresses, i recieve an error stating the email couldn't be sent because the adress was rejected by the server. it says "server error 550." it's really annoying because then i have to go into a webmail and send it out that way. i would say about 50% of my outgoing mail will not send because of this reason. any advice? thank you ...

1 forward mailbox for 2 outlook mailbox's
Can we use 1 forward mailbox with two outlook mailbox’s? Please provide your valuable inputs. Thanks in advance and help appreciated. BB ...