Copy Outgoing Messages

Is there a way built-into Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 that a user
can be copied on all messages sent by another user? We have a manager that
wants to monitor all outgoing messages sent by certain users. Is this
possible?

Thank you in advance for any help.

0
Dan

Not a good way, but it's possible.

Move that certain users to a separate mailbox store and use the "Archive all
messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option to forward all
the message to a single mailbox of a dummy user account.  Certainly NOT a
good solution if that certain users have large mailboxes.

If you need to monitor only messages sent out of your organization, you
should use SMTP event sink program on the "smarthost" SMTP virtual server.

PL

> Is there a way built-into Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 that a user
> can be copied on all messages sent by another user? We have a manager that
> wants to monitor all outgoing messages sent by certain users. Is this
> possible?
>
> Thank you in advance for any help.

0
syplai (115)
1/3/2007 9:06:55 PM
On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 15:19:27 -0500, "Dan DeStefano"
<dan.destefanoATinfo-lutionDOTcom> wrote:

>Is there a way built-into Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 that a user
>can be copied on all messages sent by another user? We have a manager that
>wants to monitor all outgoing messages sent by certain users. Is this
>possible?
>
>Thank you in advance for any help.

Message Journaling is built in and will copy all messages sent and
received by store.

You would need 3rd party software or an event/archive sink of some
sort to capture only sent items.
0
adavid (8731)

Message Limits
Is there a limit to how many messages Outlook XP can import? If so, is there a way to turn off the limit? Would I be able to import half the messages then import the other half (thus avoiding the message limit)? Is it just an import limit or does Outlook have a general limit on messages it can store? Kol. ----------- "Relax, its only ONES and ZEROS !" What are you trying to import from and what kind of numbers are we talking about here? :-) It might be easier to answer your questions (and give you more precise answers) if there were more specifics to go on. -- Jocelyn Fi...

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

Intelligent Message Filter- can the junk email feature be turned o
I am wondering if there is a reg hack or other method of running the Intelligent Message Filter but disabling the feature to send stuff to junk email? I have temporarily uninstalled it for customer since there were too many complaints about stuff going into to junk email. The filter capacity for the most part works pretty well and what is going into archieve looks like SPAM with only minor exceptions. I was looking at reinstalling the Intelligent Message Filter and not setting the second setting –Store Junk Email Configuration. Although I intially had the settings SCL lower I raised...

Outlook 97 'hangs' at "deliver messages"
Outlook 97 hangs with deliver messages window open. No mail is exchanged. Problem persists after deleting profile and creating new one. Any suggestions? ...

Disable recall message on the server
Hi, Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management would like to make it so it never works on our server. We are using Exch 2003 sp1. Thanks, Debra In news:191B223A-D29E-406E-BE23-D378B9647B2A@microsoft.com, Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server > side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook > client, but management would like to make it so it never works on...

can't delete dupicate appointments, message object is not valid
I just instaled Office XP, on to Windows 7. I then updated all of my contact details from my Windows PDA to outlook. I now have duplicate entries for birthdays, aniversaries etc........... The contacts that the birthdays, aniversaries belong to, have not been created as contacts, when i try to recreate the contact details my system tells me that they are all ready there but are not shown. & when try to detect & repair the instal the same thing happens again. Outlook 2002 and Windows 7? That is not supported and buggy - its hard to say how much of the problems are beca...

Outlook sending unknown hidden messages
Hello all, My Outlook is sending hidden messages (as indicated by the status bar) when I don't have any, or sometimes one message, in my Outbox. They shouldn't be read receipts from legitimate Email, because I usually haven't opened any mail that contains receipt requests (I get VERY little mail from unknown sources, so I would know). I first noticed this when sending one piece of mail, and the status bar said sending 1 of 2 messages. Sometimes when I send one message it will start with "Sending message 2 of 3," then go to 3 of 3, and only then do the one message I ...

Outlook not removing deleted messages from server
I have a gmail account and Outlook 2007 is configured to leave the messages on the POP3 server, but to remove the messages from the server when deleted from the "deleted items" folder. So, I downloaded all of my email (approx 17,000 messages), deleted some messages I don't want any more and emptied the "deleted items" folder, but the messages are not removed from the server. I've tried it several times in several different ways, always with the same result. I can delete the local copy on my PC, but the server copy is never removed. "sparx&qu...

copy/paste
I used to be able to right click to copy paste highlited cells, now nothing comes up when right clicking See your other thread -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Michael Garland" <MichaelGarland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F256097-EB66-4C95-A42A-EF567E30143E@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to right click to copy paste highlited cells, now nothing > comes up when right clicking ...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...

Using Contact's Categories to set message categories
Is there any way to have a rule that sets an incoming message category to the categor(ies) that the sender of the message is assign to in my contacts list? In other words, I have 'George Washington' in my contacts list. George has a category of 'prez' assigned to him. When I get a message from George, I'd like that message to be assigned the category of 'prez' as well. I know I can manually setup a rule to do this for specific contacts, but it would be so much more useful to manage the rule's behavior by setting categories in the contact list. No. Here&...

Code to send SMS text message?
Hi, I would like to send an SMS text message to a cel phone via code within Excel 2007. Has anyone done this? What code / services / products do I need to accomplish this? Does anyone have an example? Thanks in advance. --Dan What gateway are you using? What you would need to do is to snd a internet message to a gateway provider which would then send the messae out on the wireless land. Most likely you are using a webpage interface from your PC to interface with the gateway. So opening up an internet explorer and goiong to an URL is probably the method to use. ...

Recovering a message
I am fairly new to exhchange in general and am now migrating from 5.5 to 2003. I have turned on message tracking in 2003 but I don't see where we could actually recover the message itself. How do I keep copies of messages in an admin folder and then recover them when we need them. Lets assume that disk space is not a 'major' issue. Message tracking isn't what you want, then - you want journaling (a copy of all inbound/outbound mail for a particular store is directed to a mailbox). What is it you're trying to do? This is going to make your backups a lot more complicate...

Problem with copying and pasting tasks and keeping predecessors in
I am doing a consulting project for an organization that has a bit of an unusual request. We are doing a conversion from an old mail system to Microsoft Exchange 2007. We have developed a checklist for the technicians to follow with about 50 detailed tasks (things like, "Open up Exchange Management Console", "Assure the 'Forward' Button is unchecked", etc.). The CIO expects me to enter each of the tasks from the checklist into the project plan. Instead of having a line on the project plan with a task, "Covert Leroy Smith's Mailbox" wi...

how do i copy a formula when cell references r not together
in cell reference H5 i have a formula H4*H3, I have copied this formula through to DG5. In cell reference H7 I have a formula H6*H3 which i have also copied through to DG7.I have formulas right down to cell reference H299 (H298*H3) Is there a quick way to repeat the copy bearing in mind the cell references are not together ie H5, H7, H9 and so on. Jon, Copy cells H6:H7, then select H6:H299 and pastespecial formulas. Just make sure your formula is =H6*$H$3 HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "jon104" <jon104@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDAB488A-5CDA-47A2-AD...

message classes
Is it possible to change the message class of a message via inbox rule so that it could change from something (such as "Report.IPM.Note.DR") to just IPM.Note. I am trying to use inbox rules to move. redirect or forward these "delivery receipts" and nothing seems to work while unattended (not logged into mailbox). So I'd like to somehow change the message class then send it. any ideas? ...

Outlook welcome message
Is there a way to create a welcome message that is sent to users using Outlook 2002 for this first time? I know that there is a Welcome message in Outlook express. ...

where the hell are my inbox messages???
Got new mic 2007. cd worked striaghtforward. Cannot get to see all my messages its really strange it shows 3 messages from 2004...??. Nothing from 2007!!!!! any ideas... looked at the tools for ''views'' nothing strange there... (can see all on hotmail) I dont expect to buy new cd and have all this frustration!!!. mircosoft has gone over the top now!!! this is tooooo complicated... pls help Please explain clearly - not very bright!!! What do you see when you look at Tools - Account Settings - Data Files? Is the pst file listed the same one you were usin...

Re:Name on Outgoing Email
Thanks,Vanguard.the second option worked,changing the User Name in Outlook's email accounts dialog box sends that name and not the "hotmail" name out. ...

Right click copy pictures in email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop I just switched from Office X to Office 2004. I emails with pictures in them. In Office X, I could right click to copy them. In Office 2004, when I try to right click, nothing happens. <br><br>Is there any way to copy a picture that is embedded in an email? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342031805_7549207 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" ...

Error can't empty clipboard appears when trying to copy. #2

sent messages remains in outbox
Hello, I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally have a problem where the message doesn't leave the Outbox. She'll send the message, close Outlook and shut down her computer for the night. When she comes back in the following morning and opens Outlook, the message is still in the outbox. Any ideas on what might be happening? Oulook connects to a pop based mail server. We don't use Exchange. Thanks, Rod It's Outlook 2002 (XP) not 2003. > Hello, > > I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally &g...

Message Queue in Retry Mode
I am running an exchange server called MO. For no apparent reason the Queue called Messages awaiting directorly lookup is now always in retry mode. The number of messages is increasing as mails get sent and received. Internal mail is not working, and external mail is not working. The system uses a direct SMTP feed. The system is Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 on a 2 server Domain. The FSMO is on the Primary DC, Excahnge is on an addition DC. No unusual errors appear in the Event Logs even after increasing the logging level to maximum on the Exchange Server. Any suggestions would be appr...

Emailing a multi-page newsletter as the message
This is an advance notice of something I need to put into writing. I found a terrific way to send a multipage newsletter as the body of an email. It is not completely free tho. You need some sort of pdf creating software (free will work), and a $40 software program. Believe me, this will be the best $40 program you've ever purchased. Look for something later this week. Right now I have to prepare a mailing list with 1700 people for a mail merge. I'm a bit busy right now. ;-) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] JoAnn Paules [MVP] <jl_paules@hotmail.com> was ve...

viewing deleted items that are outgoing "sent" messages
Version: 2004 Processor: Power PC Hi: I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you. Diana "Diana_Kim@officeformac.com" wrote: > I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until > recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming > messages, but the outgoing...