Copy of Outlook 2002 appointment sent to Public Folder calendar gets to another calendar

My manager regularly works from home and puts the days he does this in
advance into the IT Shared Calendar, which is in the public folder, and

to which everyone in the IT department has publishing editor rights. He

places the appointment into his own calendar, sets the time as 'out
of office', adds 'IT Shared Calendar' as a required attendee, and
then sends this appointment. The appointment appears in his own
calendar and in the public folder; but it also appears in the
calendar of his deputy.This is annoying for him, because it appears
that the deputy manager is busy all day, when it is not even his
appoitment.

It would be better if the appointment went just to the public folder
calendar and the managers own, rather than to the deputy's too. Neither
the manager nor his deputy have delegates configured. It was suggested
to me that there may be a 'folder assistant' configured on the public
folder. If this is plausible, how do i check it out?

Many thanks.

On 2 Feb 2006 03:27:53 -0800, "QH" <quentinhudson@hotmail.com> wrote:

>My manager regularly works from home and puts the days he does this in
>advance into the IT Shared Calendar, which is in the public folder, and
>
>to which everyone in the IT department has publishing editor rights. He
>
>places the appointment into his own calendar, sets the time as 'out
>of office', adds 'IT Shared Calendar' as a required attendee, and
>then sends this appointment. The appointment appears in his own
>calendar and in the public folder; but it also appears in the
>calendar of his deputy.This is annoying for him, because it appears
>that the deputy manager is busy all day, when it is not even his
>appoitment.
>
>It would be better if the appointment went just to the public folder
>calendar and the managers own, rather than to the deputy's too. Neither
>the manager nor his deputy have delegates configured. It was suggested
>to me that there may be a 'folder assistant' configured on the public
>folder. If this is plausible, how do i check it out?
>
>Many thanks.

Folder assistant is under the Administration tab of the public folder
viewable in Outlook.
0
adavid (8731)

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

OL 2002 Hanging up When Attaching Docs

POST or GET?

recurring appointments
Can I / How do I change a recurring appointment from a specific point forward? IOW I want to change the name and possible the category, but not the time slot. it seems that changing the name at one point of a series changes it it in ALL dates past present and future. thanks "GAK" <GAK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:94FDF77B-6591-4B7B-AD66-79A7AE7F8BAB@microsoft.com... > Can I / How do I change a recurring appointment from a specific point > forward? > > IOW I want to change the name and possible the category, but not the t...

Outlook Sales

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

get a result of an sql into a field

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

is PHStat available and if so how do I get to it
I need help asap Tamika - > I need help asap < PHStat is Prentice Hall's statistical add-in for Excel. It's usually on the CD that's included with the textbook. For more info, try www.prenhall.com/phstat - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...