copy of exchange 2000

I don't suppose microsoft is providing Exchange 2000 as a free download
anywhere are they??

Until we can afford to move up to SBS 2008 (hopefully later this year), I
want to trash our SBS 2000 (too many issues with it) and simply install a
win2k server with Exchange  until we can move on. We are not using any of
the other SBS components any longer anyway...

If anyone knows where I might be able to get this from, I would be very
appreciative!

Thanks, Brad

0
Brad

Why not look at BPOS?  $10 per user a month it's a great inexpensive
solution.  You may find you do not need an onsite server but can live in the
cloud.  Moved many of my SBS customers this route.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"Brad Pears" <bradp@truenorthloghomes.com> wrote in message
> I don't suppose microsoft is providing Exchange 2000 as a free download
> anywhere are they??
>
> Until we can afford to move up to SBS 2008 (hopefully later this year), I
> want to trash our SBS 2000 (too many issues with it) and simply install a
> win2k server with Exchange  until we can move on. We are not using any of
> the other SBS components any longer anyway...
>
> If anyone knows where I might be able to get this from, I would be very
> appreciative!
>
> Thanks, Brad

0
John
2/16/2010 10:26:45 PM
"Brad Pears" <bradp@truenorthloghomes.com> wrote in message
>I don't suppose microsoft is providing Exchange 2000 as a free download
>anywhere are they??
>
> Until we can afford to move up to SBS 2008 (hopefully later this year), I
> want to trash our SBS 2000 (too many issues with it) and simply install a
> win2k server with Exchange  until we can move on. We are not using any of
> the other SBS components any longer anyway...
>
> If anyone knows where I might be able to get this from, I would be very
> appreciative!
>
> Thanks, Brad

Only if you have an MSDN subscription, since you can get it from the MSDN
downloads site.  If you still have your SBS disks, you may find the E2000
setup on one of those.  Or, you might try one of those sites that sell old
software.  Or even eBay.

Lee.

--
______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.leederbyshire.com
lee a.t leederbyshire d.o.t c.o.m
______________________________________

0
Lee

Exchange Server 2003 stopped receiving and sending
We host our own Exchange Server. It does not show "down" or generate any error messages but as of around 4:15 yesterday afternoon can't get anything incoming or send anything outgoing. It must be queue'ing somewhere as again, there are no error messages or bouncebacks. We had some hardware problems late last week (back fan not working) which caused several automatic shutdowns of the server but Exchange was working fine for a day or two after hardware repairs. I do not believe they are related. I can sign into Outlook while on the network and get a "connected" m...

latest critical updates for Exchange 2000
Hi, I had a tough time finding some info on the latest critical updates: MS05-048 and MS06-003. I would like the install the Exchange 2000 updates on a Win2k server (sp3) running Exch 2000 (sp3). The Win2k Server installation does not have enough free space to accomodate sp4. Therefore, I need to ensure that the Exchange updates do not require the OS to be at sp4. I was also wondering if anyone knows if this installation involves service interruptions or a reboot? I appreciate the help, AF On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 12:21:02 -0800, "AF" <AF@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Copying different sized cell width & height onto another worksheet
My problem is i have made a worksheet for work to enter data for testin we perform, but on this worksheet i need to copy a graph from anothe worksheet. Problem is the graph worksheet cell widths are vey smal like 1.29 (38 cells) and height is 3.75 (93 cells), now if i copy the onto the other worksheet it will resize the cells to that worksheet and the graph will be huge like over 5 pages, and if i manually resiz the cells back to 1.29 you will be able to see the graph but wont b able to read the data, as the cell width is way to small. Is there way to copy a selection from a worksheet to ano...

Asking for login to a second server in the exchange site/domain
Just installed a Exchange 2003 server in my site and migrating users over from Ex5.5. After i have moved the user, some gets prompted for password authentication from one of the old Ex5,5 NT boxes. If you put in your password you get prompted again, if you cancel the client goes offline. Is there any connection here i don't see, this only relates to the same server. There are other 5,5 servers in the same site but only this one is prompting for password and only to some users. ...

Cannot copy item w. "Flag complete" set
If a message has "Flag Complete" set (the checkmark), then I cannot copy the message. I can copy it with any other flag set (all the color flags), and removing the "Flag Complete" also enables me to copy the message... I can move it, delete it, etc. but I cannot copy a message to a different folder if it has the "Flag Complete" set. Error message: "Can't copy the items. Cannot complete the copy operation. The items may have been moved or deleted, or you may not have sufficient permission." Our environment: Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606) Exchange 2003...

Attachment's appear in Message Body- Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003
When I attach a file to an email, the attachment appears as a thumbnail inside the message body. What must I do to have the attachment appear in the subject line like traditional email systems? change your message format to HTML. "D|an-0" <D|an-0@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:OryoPnQZIHA.3652@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I attach a file to an email, the attachment appears as a thumbnail > inside the message body. What must I do to have the attachment appear in > the subject line like traditional email systems? John wrote: > change your message...

Excel crashes when copying cell contents to PowerPoint
Hello everybody, As the subject line says, Excel crashes after it copies cell contents to Powerpoint. The PowerPoint presentation is produced without a hitch, but as soon as I try to do anything in Excel, I get the following EXCEL.EXE application error: The instruction at "0x206019f5" referenced memory at "0x000000dc". The memory could not be "read". Here is the code I'm executing: Dim ppt As Object Dim pres As Object 'Create a Microsoft PowerPoint session Set ppt = CreateObject("powerpoint.application") 'Copy the ch...

Color Font Turns Black When Copied and Pasted
When pasting a graph into a word document the colored font in textboxes turns black. I would like to keep the colors so that the text matches the color of the lines I am plotting. Autoshapes also retain their color. It is just the text boxes that have this problem. Any ideas? Thanks. Someone was complaining about this recently in another forum. I think the solution was to make a color printer the default printer. (I already had a color printer as my default, so I don't know for sure if this fixed the problem.) - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custo...

doc from Publisher 2000 to 2003
I have a document that was originally created using Publisher 2000 and was imported into the 2003 version and I've noticed a strange problem... on one page, a text box was created and superimposed overtop of a clipart image and the text box was free rotated so that the text would match the angle of the clipart image. But now, when printing that page, the text in the rotated box will not print clearly... I even deleted the old text box, recreated it using the same text as before and free rotated it to fit the image again and still the text will not print clearly... but if I l...

Moving Exchange 2000 to new hardware
Hi all, we have a memory leak on one of our Exchange servers that both ourselves and MS don't appear to be able to get to the bottom of. Windows 2000 SP4 Exchange 2000 SP3 Not a DC File and Print plus about 20 mailboxes. Not the first 2000 server in the site so no SRS. To avoid bringing over the memory leak I don't want to do a system state restore. I've found Q297289 How to move Exchange 2000 to new hardware and keep the same server name. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;297289 Which would appear to allow me to do this. Could someone please confirm t...

how to copy text in word then paste to change text in a table
I have a table that i need to replace the text weekly. I was hoping i could copy the text from Word, and then paste into the table every week the new change. I am using Publisher 2007 and have never used any previous versions to learn this trick. It's not a trick, you can actually do it. You may have to reformat the change once in Pub though. "Mel Clingan" <Mel Clingan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16614B31-7114-4DA5-9F27-916DE0102713@microsoft.com... |I have a table that i need to replace the text weekly. I was hoping i could | copy the ...

Urgent advice requested re: Exchange 5.5 Online/Offline defrag
Hi, I hope this is a good newsgroup to put an advice request for Exchange 5.5. We are running Exchange 5.5 Standard edition on an Win2000 server. Last week it hit the 16GB limit for the private information store. There were not warning messages but that's something I'll deal with after the recovery. Following the advice on microsoft site, I decided to do an offline deframentation using eseutil. As I don't have a spare 18GB on the server (the disk is only 32GB) I had to use a network drive to store the temporarily created edb file. I started eseutil defrag at about 8pm on ...

Add "From" bar in outlook 2000
I am using Exchange 5.5 Server & have added one mailbox account with required mailbox folder permissions to me. Now using Outlook 2002 (exchnage client), when I open a new mail, I want to have option of both accout to send the email. The "from" should get displayed for me to choose which accunt I can sent the new email. Akash Create a new email message and select View>From Field From that point it should appear every time you compose a new message, unitl you decide not to view it again "Akash Bhardwaj" <Abhardwaj@in.rainbow.com> wrote in message news:...

Why no "insert copied cells"?
Excel 2007 There is probably an easy solution to this... On a completely blank worksheet, if I select an entire row or rows, copy, and point to Home > Cells > Insert, an item titled "Insert Copied Cells" appears. It is also available on the Right-Click menu. On another sheet, with a fair amount of formatting, hidden columns, macro buttons, etc., "Insert Copied Cells" does not appear -- including when I make sure to unprotect the sheet. NEVER MIND. I figured it out -- but I'll leave the post for the next confused user. If you have AutoFilter enabled, Insert C...

Writing Formula For conditional Formatting Using Excel 2000
Hi Everyone: Does anyone know how to write three seperate formulas for these questions in the conditional formatting box Using Excel 2000? 1?: Red. If the value that is calculated in cell B42 is = to or less then the value in Cell B43 turn Cell B42 Red. Actual value in cell B42 and B43 are whole numbers 2?: Light Green. If the value that is calculated in cell B42 is between 1% and 29.99% greater than the value in Cell B43 turn Cell B42 light green. 3?: Dark Green. If the value that is calculated in cell B42 is greater by 30% or more then the then the value in Cell B43 turn...

Exchange Server unavailable for resource scheduling?
Hey guys, I was just trying to create a "shared resource mailbox" in Exchange 2003 SP2. The mailbox was created successfully. I am at the point where I go into "Calendar Options", in that new mailbox, and configure "Resource Scheduling", though when I click on it, I get a Microsoft Office Outlook popup... saying: "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complere this action." Strange thing is that I am online (connected) as I sent a test email to this mailbox from another computer and it ...

Sharing Contact Categories in public folders on an exchange server
I'm new to Outlook and Exchange Servers and am trying to get up to speed on Sharing and Creating Contact Folders, and Categories. If a User creates a new contact folder or a new category within a public folder are they visible to all who have access to the public folder? If so, is there access limited to visibility or can they edit or add a contact to the folder and assign a category? Whether a user can add/edit folders or contacts depends on the permissions you give the user. Categories are added to the user's master category list, which isn't visible for ot...

Exchange 2000 Standard and Enterprise in the same Routing Group
I have two Exchange 2000 Standard servers, one in Arizona and another in Utah, both are part of the same Routing Group, all my incoming email hits the Arizona server first, and then it gets routed to the Utah server. I have started to hit the 16 GB database limit on the Utah server, I already deleted mailboxes, and ran the Eseutil /d utility to defragment the database, but I am still around 15 GB. I am looking to upgrade to Enterprise 2000, but I only want to do the Utah server. Is this possible? Or do I need to upgrade both servers to 2000 Enterprise? No issues with this. You can upgr...

Outlook 2000 password logon
I am unable to get my Outlook 2000 program to automatically logon to the (3) different servers I access. I installed the program from an older computer with a Windows 98 operating system to my new computer with a Windows XP home addition operating system. The outlook express program supplied with the computer accepts the automatic logon, but Outlook 2000 does not. I have attempted to reset the e-mail program setup several times and this does not work. I have also verified the "remember passord" check box is checked. Does Outlook 2000 have full compatablity with Windows ...

Copying Formulas #5
Hi! I have a spreadsheet which is not behaving itself! When I copy a formula down, it does not calculate properly. For example: In A1 I have 3.00, and in B1 I have 6.00. In C1, I have =A1*B1 and it correctly calculates the answer as 18.00. However, when I drag copy C1 down through, C2, C3, C4 and so on...instead of working out, in C2, for instance, what is A2 multiplied by B2, it simply comes up with 18.00. When I look at what formula is there, it is correct...i.e. in C2, the formula is =A2+B2. I opened up a new workbook and it worked like it should do, but in a spreadsheet at work, it...

SMTP reciveconnector Exchange 2007
Hi all Running Exchange beta two and testing out the the functionality of the send and recive connectors. I currently have an Edge server on one box and all the other roles on aother box. When i open outlook express on my PC configure it with the ip address of the receiveconnector that is on the edge (permissionsgroup is anonymous and custom) I can send email to domains that my Exchange 2007 is set to recive email for, (cant send email to othje remote domains) but this only works if I configure in outlook express profile for the "email address box" and "reply address&qu...

Does RPC over HTTP(s) Require Front End Exchange Server?
A consultant has informed me that for Outlook to work with RPC over HTTP(s) we must have a front-end Exchange server that proxies the connections. This was news to me--I am aware that this is the preferred Exchange topology but is it required? If so then how then does SBS2003 work? I figure the it sets up its own internal sort of proxy? Thanks, Will No, it does not require a FE server. Check out the RPC/HTTP deployment scenarios. You can deploy it in a single-Exchange server environment. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/ex2k3rpc.mspx -- Ben Wi...

Data exchange ical, adressbook & excel 2008

Exchange 2003 stops working after ESE error 624
Hi, We have installed Exchange Server 2003 running on Windows 2003 Server, but are experiencing serious problems: multiple times per day clients can not connect to the mailboxes. It looks like the IS stops responding. The eventlog of the server shows the following errors: Event Type: Error Event Source: ESE Event Category: Transaction Manager Event ID: 624 Date: 7-1-2004 Time: 13:13:19 User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE02 Description: Information Store (4656) First Storage Group: The version store for this instance (0) cannot grow because it is receiving Out-Of-Memory errors from the OS. It i...

check Exchange installation / Organization INTEGRITY
We tried to remove our test exchange organization by launching "setup /removeorg". Few seconds after, the setup reports: === Setup failed while installing sub-component Microsoft Exchange Organization-Level Container Object with error code 0xC1037AE6 (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. (RETRY, CANCEL) === After retrying a couple of times - we were forced to cancel - interrupting the uninstallation process. Now we found out that we _don�t_ want to remove the organization anymore - bu...