converting to cached mode

We are looking on converting all of our mailboxes to cached mode.  Outside of
going to each mail profile and checking cached, is there a way to
administratively create an exchange mailbox to cache from the exchange
server?  The only way we can find is to go to outlook, which is very tedious
when we have a few hundred mailboxes.  Any one with any steps to do this
would be very appreciated.

Sarah
0
Sarah2407 (145)

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 07:09:01 -0700, Sarah
<Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We are looking on converting all of our mailboxes to cached mode.  Outside of
>going to each mail profile and checking cached, is there a way to
>administratively create an exchange mailbox to cache from the exchange
>server?  The only way we can find is to go to outlook, which is very tedious
>when we have a few hundred mailboxes.  Any one with any steps to do this
>would be very appreciated.
>
>Sarah

Get the Office 2003 GPO template from the microsoft.com/office site.
You will get a spreadsheet as well. Look at lines 1328 and below to
enable cached mode centrally.

You don't have to do anything really. The OST file is the same and if
there isn't one it will then be created for you.

From the way your question is formulated you seem to think that there
is a lot more to it than there really is.
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/27/2006 2:33:39 PM
Excellent!  I'm so glad it is easier than what I thought it might have been.
We will definately test this out.

Sarah

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 07:09:01 -0700, Sarah
> <Sarah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >We are looking on converting all of our mailboxes to cached mode.  Outside of
> >going to each mail profile and checking cached, is there a way to
> >administratively create an exchange mailbox to cache from the exchange
> >server?  The only way we can find is to go to outlook, which is very tedious
> >when we have a few hundred mailboxes.  Any one with any steps to do this
> >would be very appreciated.
> >
> >Sarah
>
> Get the Office 2003 GPO template from the microsoft.com/office site.
> You will get a spreadsheet as well. Look at lines 1328 and below to
> enable cached mode centrally.
>
> You don't have to do anything really. The OST file is the same and if
> there isn't one it will then be created for you.
>
> From the way your question is formulated you seem to think that there
> is a lot more to it than there really is.

0
Sarah2407 (145)

Clearing procedure/query cache mid-stream?
We are running a big (6 million entities) conversion for a customer. Rather than BCP or anything "streamlined" we need to use our standard INSERT procedure to ensure complex business rules are enforced. The procedure is quite complex. Many checks are done prior to the actual record INSERT. Some of these check are queries against the table(s) being inserted into. (Presently taking 30 hours to complete, hope to pull it down under 20.) Performance during processing is far from linear. Our own experiments show that raw INSERT into the main table are fairly linear, (whi...

convert text to numeric values
My database (Access 2007) keeps track of bids from FE colleges. These are made in an academic year (these span two 'calendar years e.g. 2009-10 for the current academic year). Sometimes the bids are carried forward to, and paid in, the following academic year. The 'Bid Year' and 'Paid Year’ are text fields. When designing a query that will give me the total sum of bids made, bids approved and bids actually paid, I can do separate ones based on 'Bid Year' and 'Paid Year' but the totals are quite often different if a year has bids that have been carr...

Rights MS Outlook in "Exchange server" mode
hi, frist of all, sorry for my english, i'm spanish i'm in the exchange server always block the send messages by the IP of clients in the SMTP Server, and that works fine always you configure the Outlook that a POP3/IMAP/SMTP, but if you configure the Outlook to mode "Exchange Server" the SMTP server send the mail, and the rules of IPs or the rights in the smtp server doesn't work. Anybody know how block the sending messages, when the MS Outlook is configurate in mode "Exchange Server"? or anybody know any page where explain how work this mode of MS Outlook? ...

converting dates
Hi All I have a couple of excel problems to do with dates (Excel XP/2002). I have a formula that displays one date minus another and displays the answer as the number of days. Firstly, is it possible to convert the data to display as year and days (375 displays as 1 year and 10 days) as it displays as a decimal point when I divide by 365. Secondly does anyone know a formula that sorts out leap years (see above). Any help, suggestions or tutorial links greatly appreciated Rexmann As long as you assume 1 year is always 365 days =INT(A1/365)&" year(s) "&MOD(A1,365)&&q...

Convert years:months to months
Hello- I am hoping to use Excel to convert data that inputted in a years:months format to just months. For example, I want to translate 5:3 to 63 months. I'm running into one hiccup: Excel views the inputted data as time and is translating it into 5:30 AM, making calculations challenging Does anyone have any tips? =HOUR(A1)*12+MINUTE(A1)/10 you may need to format the cell a General as Excel can be overhelpful and use a time format best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Jen" <jvarley@u.washington.edu> wrote in ...

converting amount into figures
Is there any wany to convert any amount into figure automatically. 100/- should automatically convert into;;;; one hundred only See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "IRFAN AHMAD" <IRFANAHMAD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A1570B6-5F0F-4E5C-8C5D-4F5BF6F7943F@microsoft.com... > Is there any wany to convert any amount into figure automatically. > > 100/- > should automatically convert into;;;; > > one hundred only ...

converting linked cells to their referenced values
I have 2 spread sheets for tracking orders. The orders are entered on the first sheet and appear in the second sheet by cell reference formulas. Eventually when the order is no longer active, I change the reference formula to the value of the referenced cell since it will be deleted from the first sheet. When there are a lot of orders isn't very practical to copy past from one spread sheet to the other. Is there a macro or something that I can use to convert the link formula in a cell to the value of the cell it references? -- quimrider ---------------------------------------------...

Convert COleDateTime to Double
How do I convert a Double to COleDateTime I know how to convert COleDateTime to Double, using the following code double XX = DateTime.m_dt; But what is the coding to convert back; Thanks Guys. Regards, Jimmy "Newbie & Noobie" <NewbieNoobie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:498FCE41-07A2-4AFA-AFB6-C7669F12EF44@microsoft.com... > How do I convert a Double to COleDateTime > > I know how to convert COleDateTime to Double, using the following code > double XX = DateTime.m_dt; > > But what is the coding to convert back; > If you have a...

converting 1.0 snap-ins to 2.0 modules
Per the subject line, is this documented anywhere? I did a search on MSDN and Google and didn't find anything particularly clear. I have some C# snap-ins that I'd like to convert to 2.0 modules and am looking for developer best practices, tips, hints, etc.. Thanks! Darren I'll assume you've seen this new documentation? "Darren Mar-Elia (Group Policy MVP)" <dmarelia@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3E257E8B-967F-4667-A403-F360911A2AAD@microsoft.com... > Per the subject line, is this documented anywhere? I did a search on MSDN > ...

How to convert time to decimal format automatically...
hi..pls correct if this is not the right forum, i have a big problem i converting time to decimal automatically, i know the formula which i "=A1*24", what i want is when i enter a time (8:34) in cell A1 an press enter key it will convert to decimal (8.5667) forma automatically. sorry if my term is wrong, i'm just quite a starter i using Excel if any one help me with this problem, it's greatl appreciated. i want to know this because almost my work in office i entering time in Excel, i just want my work will be efficient -- alek2 ----------------------------------------------...

convert hex string to byte[]
Hi All, I have the following hex string "03828710073100A22300"; I want to convert it to byte array in the following way: "03" to 3 "82" to 82 "87" to 87 "10" to 10 "07" to 07 the byte array should look like {3,82, 87.10. 7....}; Thank you for your help. "alexia" <alexia.bee@gmail.com> wrote in message news:24ad9d98-a2b1-4625-8521-42ae5b5edd73@l13g2000yqb.googlegroups.com... > I have the following hex string "03828710073100A22300"; > > I want to convert it to byte array in th...

Converting variable text strings to numeric
I've imported some word tables into excel, the 'numbers' have spaces instead of commas and consequently are read as text. The 'numbers' vary from single integer to millions For example 1 101 335 293 207 23 113 101 19 While I can use the left, mid and right functions for the millions that formula is unworkable for other numbers. Any ideas, or do I have to get a VB programmer to write a function for me? Hi! Try using Find/Replace Select the range Goto Edit>Replace Find What: enter a space by hitting the space bar Replace With: nothing...

Disable a command button in Add mode
How can I set the enabled property of a command button to false if the form is opened in add mode? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Test the DataEntry property in the form's Load event procedure. If it's True, then the form is being opened in Add mode: Private Sub Form_Load() Me.CommandButton.Enabled = Not Me.DataEntry End Sub -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "injanib via AccessMonster.com" <u35551@uwe> wrote in message news:770025df2111f@uwe... > How can I set the enabled property of a command button to false if the > form...

Convert 1.15 to 1.25 for time purposes.
I've been using decimals for time calculation. My totals output to the exact minute. I'm needing my time to stay in the "0.00" format. But I'm needing it to display in quarter hour increments. example: 1.15 = 1.25 1.30 = 1.50 1.45 = 1.75 1.01 to 1.14 = 1.00 1.15 to 1.29 = 1.25 1.30 to 1.44 = 1.50 1.45 to 1.59 = 1.75 Is this possible? Thanks in advance. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ One way =INT(A1)+(MOD(A1,1)/14.4*24) or ...

convert slide master to title master
Hello, I am moving slides between decks, and the slide and title master have become "disconnected". I have two slide masters, and no title master. Is there a way to reconnect them without having to build the title again? Which version of PPT are you using? If it's 2003, you might just want to add a title master to the 2nd slide master (which is really your title master, right?). It should look pretty similar to the slide master, so maybe you don't have to rebuild so much. Then go to Format | Slide Design and choose the 2nd slide master -- right-click it ...

how excel 2000 convert the number to time format ( Example 130511.
how excel 2000 convert the number to time format ( Example 130511 become 13:05:11 ) ? wong Wrote: > how excel 2000 convert the number to time format ( Example 13051 > become > 13:05:11 ) ? Assuming A1 contains your number... =TIMEVALUE(LEFT(A1,2)&":"&MID(A1,3,2)&":"&RIGHT(A1,2)) OR =SUM(MID(A1,{1,3,5},2)/{24,1440,86400}) ...confirmed with CONTROL+SHIFT+ENTER, and format cell as "Time". Hope this helps -- Domeni ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Domenic's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com...

Convert Contacts to Address Book
I have always (for years) entered my email addrees and info in Contact folder. Now I would like to convert this Contacts folder to an personal Address Book. The outlook Address Book is a filtered view of your Contacts, showing only those with an electronic address (email / Fax), it is not a seperate item "OR Mike" <OR Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8C81EDA0-369F-41ED-8457-C6326719AEDB@microsoft.com... >I have always (for years) entered my email addrees and info in Contact > folder. Now I would like to convert this Contacts folder to...

offline mode
What is off-line mode in Outlook 2002 supposed to DO? If I click File-Off-line it STILL dials up. Why? If I put Thunderbird in Off-line mode, it does NOT try to connect. Hence my question. What exactly is off-line mode in outlook for? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "Offline" has nothing to do with your Internet connection status, of which Outlook is unaware. Offline refers to your status in relation to your mail server (which for most Outlook users is Exchange Server). If users connected to Exchange want to di...

Mapping modes during metafile playback are screwy?
When I'm in the middle of playing back a metafile using EnumEnhMetaFile(), and call functions like GetWindowOrg() or GetWorldTransform(), I often get weird data and sometimes totally ridiculous data. It seems logical that mapping modes would be screwy during metafile playback, but is there any documentation anywhere that actually talks about this process? I'm trying to convince other folks in my organization that it's not just me, mapping functions really can't be relied on during metafile playback. Thanks, Chris ...

convert number format to time format
I have a whole column in which I need to be able to enter a number an it should convert it to the time format. If I enter 100 it shoul convert it to 1:00. Similarly entering 2300 should automatically b converted to 23:00. Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Fullymooned! No need to send the same question to different groups. The answer given in programming was: See: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax...

Use specific printer for reports in view mode
I designed a report using printer HP5000 PLC6 and the paper size is A3 in landscape. When I open the report in my laptop and I want to show the report in my resentation, it can not showed all contents of the reort, just a hals is shown, my question is how can we assign this printer to this reprot when I open it, although I do not need to print it, this is just for my resentation. My printer default in mypc is lHP desckjet 690c -- H. Frank Situmorang Might try installing the printer driver for the HP5000 PLC6. Might try suing the printer "Microsoft Office Document Image Writer&qu...

Is there any way to convert a pdf document into an excel document.
Is there any way to convert a pdf file into an excel document? ...

editing while in mark-up mode
I've had a document reviewed by a friend, who marked-up her comments for my perusal. It seems the ONLY options are to accept or rejects the comments AS IS. How do I review her comments and edit the document as I wish to change things? Again, I want to be able to accept SOME of her comments, edit others, and do some of my own editing at the same time. This seems impossible, as again, the only options I can find are straight accept/reject of the ENTIRE suggestion. I would need to go through all four pages of the document, by accepting/rejecting eliminate EVERY suggestion, DE...

Converting MSMoney 2000 files into MSMoney 2006
Hi Guys, I have a trial version of MSMoney 2006 but it doesn't seem to support files that were created in MSMoney 2000. Is this correct or is there a different way to do it ? Also, it it does not support MSMoney 2000 files, what version amd I best off using as I do need to access the old file ? Regards, Anestis@ement.com What makes you think that? Do you get an error message or something else happens? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. For wishes or suggestions see http://register.mi...

converting to pdf.
Is it possible to convert access2000 objects (forms, tables, queries, reports) to a .pdf file? And if it is how do I convert it? ...