Convert all messages to plain text

Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the
Internet to plain text?

I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain
text.

I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 SP1.

Thanks
0
jonathan1 (95)

On Thu, 4 May 2006 07:39:02 -0700, Jonathan
<Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the
>Internet to plain text?
>
>I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain
>text.
>
>I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 SP1.
>
>Thanks

There is an option in OUtlook 2003 to do this.
0
adavid (8731)
5/4/2006 2:43:37 PM
Is there a way on the server to do this?  I have a mixed bag of Outlook 2000,
XP, and 2003 clients.

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Thu, 4 May 2006 07:39:02 -0700, Jonathan
> <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the
> >Internet to plain text?
> >
> >I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain
> >text.
> >
> >I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 SP1.
> >
> >Thanks
>

> There is an option in OUtlook 2003 to do this.

0
jonathan1 (95)
5/4/2006 2:52:02 PM
Try the message properties in Global options of system Manager

"Jonathan" wrote:

> Is there a way on the server to do this?  I have a mixed bag of Outlook 2000,
> XP, and 2003 clients.
>
> "Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 4 May 2006 07:39:02 -0700, Jonathan
> > <Jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Dumb question....is it possible to convert all incoming messages from the
> > >Internet to plain text?
> > >
> > >I'm getting a lot of HTML emails and I'd like to convert them all to plain
> > >text.
> > >
> > >I'm running Win2K, Exchange 2K3 SP1.
> > >
> > >Thanks
> >

> > There is an option in OUtlook 2003 to do this.

My Exchange 5.5 is relaying encapsulated messages HELP!
My Exchange 5.5 server appears to be relaying encapsulated messages. On the "routing" tab of the IMC, I have it set to "re-route SMTP mail..." but on the "routing restrictions" button I have every single item UNCHECKED. Also, I have rebooted the server. I heard that you have to disable encapsulated relaying via the registry, but I can't seem to find the article on Microsoft's site. Can anyone help?? Uncehck re-route SMTP mail. If you have POP or IMAP users who need an SMTP IMC to relay mail, for their use install an IMC on a separate Exchagne 5.5 s...

Converting grid data to side-by-side lists
Hello everyone, this has been driving me crazy so want to see if any of you have suggestions: I have a grid in an Excel worksheet formatted like this: Company A Company B Company C Service 1 X X Service 2 X X Service 3 X X I need to convert this data to a list that maps the Services to the Companies like this: Services Companies Service 1 Company A Service 1 Company C Service 2 Company A Service 2 ...

How to convert Quicken QFX files?
I am unable to convert a Quicken QFX file to be used in Microsoft Money 2003. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Greg wrote: >I am unable to convert a Quicken QFX file to be used in >Microsoft Money 2003. Any ideas? Have you tried File->Import? ...

Paybale Batch pops up error message for all users
Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'VerifyBatchTotals' is out of range in script 'Batch_Lookup_Scrolling_Window SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_INDEX and it pop up another error message: And it says the batch has been deleted and when we click again, it go back to normal view Please help Any body has resolution for that?????????? its very urgent please help Dear All, One of my client is getting following error when he click on lookup of batch in purchasing. Transaction>>>>Purchasing>>>&g...

Log files in Great Plains 8.0
We use a web based program to import orders from our website into Great Plains. We have recently come across some errors where invoices show up with no associated order or customer information. The only thing that shows on these invoices is item information. I believe these invoices are generated somehow by a glitch in the import we do for our web orders. Is there a log file somewhere in GP where I can see what information was entered based on date? Or if anyone else has experienced this problem before, am I correct in my assumption that the "ghost" invoices are being caused by ...

How do I print a text file ?
Hi, I am new to the group and wonder if any of you could offer any advice. I am trying to print a text file directly from my visual c++ application to the default printer without displaying the print dialog What is the best way of doing this ? If it is not possible to print directly from a text file, what commands to I use in between CDC::StartPage () To print the following Hello, my name is Joe Bloggs How are you I hope you can help with this problem etc..... CDC::EndPage () Thanks in advance Paul Paul, More info on printing than you can comfortably shake a stick at: http://www....

PROBLEM SIZING A TEXT BOX IN A FORM
Access 2007/vista I have a form in which I cannot adjust the text boxes INDIVIDUALLY. I click on a text box and it becomes surrounded by an orange border, indicating it is selected. But when I size it smaller or larger, all the other text boxes in the form move in tandem. I have not encountered this before and am baffled. Ideas? -- William ...

Importing large tab-delimited text files?
I deal with very large data sets that are in tab-delimited .txt format. Many times, there are more than 256 columns of data. The Microsoft Knowledge Base had an article titled "Sample Macro to Import Data with More Than 256 Fields or Columns". This could do the trick for me if I could modify the macro to accomodate tab-delimited formats. Q1: Could anyone tell me how to modify the macro described above for tab-delimited .txt files? Q2: Does anyone know of a bulk file conversion utility that would change a tab-delimited text file to a CSV format? Thanks a bunch, Mark R-S Ma...

selecting Access 2000 or "Access 2002" with the Convert Database command
I'm getting ready to convert a number of Access 97 mdb files to Access 2002. I'm looking over the instructions for doing this in the "Using MS Access 2002 - Special Edition" written by Roger Jennings. In that book, it says to select Tools - Database Utilities - Convert Database - To Access 2000 file format. Since this book is for Access 2002, I was surprised that it would suggest selecting the 2000 file format instead of 2002. I'm thinking this just a typo - but I thought I'd also check with this newsgroup to see if anyone knows of a reason why someone working in 2...

"The message could not be sent"
Dear sir/madam, I don't understand why the system rejects requests to send certain emails. The above email is very important & needs to be received very soon, so your assistance is valuable at this time. Thank you so much, Ian Boyle. I use a microsoft windows Vista programme. Without providing some details of just what this "rejects requests to send" consists of, we can't help. Don't you get an error message when you try to send? If so, right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) --...

creating text box dynamically in ms access
can any body please tell me the code to create text boxes dynamically or else please give me the link abt that information Thanq See help on CreateControl In general, this is only useful if you are creating some kind of wizard form that creates whole forms for end users. You don't want to be creating text boxes on the fly for a normal form. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "ravindar thati" <ravindarjobs@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

Can't get Publisher to give "send as message" as an email option
We use Windows live Mail which won't work with publisher. So for the purposes of sending out an email I changed the default program to Windows mail But, under the option "send email" only the send as attachment option appears. I have changed the default program in Vista to use windows mail. Help ...

text conversion to number on select query
Hi, In a Select Query I'm joining 2 tables by Item ID (unique value, similar to Social Security Number) but 1 table created by IT has Item ID as a "number" value and the other table has it as a "text" value. How can I in a Select Query, create a formula that can either have the text as a number value and vice versa so i can link the 2 without getting "type mismatch in expression." I think I can use Cdbl Value or something like that in the formula but not sure. Thanks! "inspirz" wrote:subed going to jail > Hi, > ...

Can you change the way quick parts and/or auto text displays?
Is there a way to change the look of the drop down menu for quick parts and auto text so it does not take up so much space? Something like it looked in 2003? Assuming that you have discovered the building block organizer - see http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Buiild_Employ_Custom_BB_Gallery.htm Like 2003 it ain't! -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<&...

I am getting error messages.
I am getting these error messages, why? How do I fix them? How do I get rid of them? The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'bartonconstruction@bellaliant.com'. Subject 'Your Quote', Accou...

Help: Unread message indicator lost in ShortCut (Outlook 2000)
This used to work fine. The number of unread messages used to show up by the name of the folder in the shortcut bar; e.g., Inbox (3). For some reason it all disappeared. The folder list still shows the numbers in parentheses beside the name, but the shortcut bar doesn't. Even I delete the one in the shortcut and copy (re-copy) the folder over it won't work. I'm using XP Pro (upgraded from Home) and Outlook 2000. Help is appreciated. T. J. Fan ...

Messages automatically delected from inbox
I have an odd occurrance. I am running Windows XP, Office XP, and have preview pane on. When I click and open an e-mail in my inbox, it disappears from the inbox list and when I close the read e-mail it disapears. Do I have a setting set incorrectly? I do not want this to happed. Go to View -> Arrange By -> Current View and make sure you're viewing "Messages", not "Unread messages in this folder". -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:33:08 -0800...

adding Text to the beginning of a control source
I want to say ="HELP"&Format([Session Start Date 2],"yyyy\:mm") & [ID] I want the word HELP then the start date 2 and finally the ID ie: HELP2010:12430 How do I put the text at the beginning? Where are you putting this? In the Control Source of control on a form/report? Then it should work as posted provided that [Session Start Date 2] and [ID] are in the object's record source. In a query? Then you just need a field alias and drop the = sign; MyHelpText: "HELP" & Format([Session Start Date 2],"yyyy\:mm") & [ID] ...

Don't change text to numbers
I want to replace the character "-" into "." in cells formatted as text eg 0060-1003 must become 0060.1003 i already unchecked in error checking : numbers stored as text if i do it manually it is ok but because i want to do it by replace to . and then it becomes 601003 How can i prevent this -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use a temporary "helper-column (a new inserted column)" let's say Column B: and in Cell B1 enter =SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-",".") where A1 has your 0060-1003. Copy B1 down, then Copy B:B to B:B & u...

split text in cell into 2
I am needing help with formula. I have a cell that takes values from several other cells to create one long line text (for a command used in other app). For ex: a1=jack b1=ran c1="There was a person named"&a1&"who was hungry and"&b1&" to Mcdonalds." This process works great except when the line is greater than 72. I need an if statment that says if c1 length is greater than 72 then to split / replace line AFTER name(a1). Where the split occurs a +, and carriage return needs to be added. So in the example above (pretend length will be over 72,...

Getting rid of the location of the messages change message?
I'm currently running Outlook XP and Exchange 5.5. I created mandatory user profiles for the end users. Basically their desktop and all their settings are replaced with a generic one every time they reboot. They click on an outlook profile every time they log in from the mandatory users profile. When they click on the outlook profile file (outlook.prf), they will get a message every time saying " The location messages are delivered to has changed for this user profile. To complete this operation, you may need to copy the contents of the old Outlook folders to the new Outlook folde...

Using COUNTIF to count explicit text that DOES NOT include other text
I have a column of text strings. The strings may contain "Before", "Before Before", "Before After", "After", "After After" and any possible mis-spelling of the above and of course blanks. I want to count the number of cells that contain the word "Before" and do not contain the word "After". I tried to be clever with COUNTIF as follows:- =COUNTIF(COUNTIF(A:A,"*Before*"),"<>*After*") and I've tried:- =COUNTIF(A:A,AND("*Before*",NOT("*After*"))) The first one wouldn't ...

Lost all my messages on WLM
I had a POP3 account set up on WLM and wanted to disable the send/receive for this account and just save the messages. When I deleted the account the messages all disappeared! This is very different from OE and Windows Mail. What happened!!? I wasn't even successful to run an Import Messages from Outlook 07 on these messages, and now I have lost everything. The messages may actually still be on your computer. Try looking in :- C:\Documents and Settings\{username}\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail You should see folders in there, one for each m...

Searching with a text box
Hello I am trying to creat a search option in my database where when I want to find customers by city all i have to do is type in the city in the text box and search and all the results show up in the bottom datasheet subform so far i have the text box and the subform and all the records but when i try to do a search it acts like i hit tab and just goes to the record right under or next to the record and it also show all my records not the ones i was trying to search. is there a way i can get this text box to search and only bring the results i want to show up in the subform than...

search text files for a certain word
How do I search text files for a certain word using a macro. I need to look for the word "SerialNo" and return the following 10 characters. I will be repeating this for hundreds of files. For now, how do I do it for a single file. Excel 97 f = "c:\test.txt" filenumber = FreeFile Open f For Input As filenumber a = Input(FileLen(f), filenumber) Close filenumber LookFor = LCase("SerialNo") b = InStr(LCase(a), LookFor) If b > 0 Then MsgBox Mid(a, b + Len(LookFor), 10) End If Mishell "Fan924" <a924fan@yahoo.com> a �crit dans ...