Control Supported Device List for Active Sync

Hi

I want to restrict what devices can connect to Active Sync - there is a
built in list of supported devices which the service packs keep updating but
is there a way to control this list yourself i.e. to only include two
devices in the list?

I want to control which devices meet the company standard and stop any which
don't!

More Info:
Overview of mobile devices that are supported by Outlook Mobile Access in
Exchange Server 2003
 http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=821835

Thanks

Clive

Global Address List #23
I have several disabled user accounts, and would like to remove their email addresses from the global address list. In other words, when users send an email and are selecting the recipient, I do not want my disabled users mail addresses to be seen. I know that you can select 'hide address from lists' under advanced features, but that only hides the address from the public folder. Does anyone know how I could do this? ...

Income in Payee List?
Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks -- Lori In microsoft.public.money, Lori wrote: >Why does my income (paychecks, child support received, etc.) show up in my >Payee list. Are they supposed to? Thanks It's up to you. If you want to rename or move those "payees" to something more meaningful to you, there are buttons to make those choices. Just select the odd payee, and choose Rename, Move or Delete. Move or Delete will let you combine payees. I'm not sure I understand what you mean by...

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

List Validation
I was wondering if there was anyway you can have a drop down list in one workbook that comes from a different workbook. Example: I have a workbook saved with a list of names and I want to have that list of names come up in a form that I have saved in another workbook. http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal05.html note that the other workbook needs to be open -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "Renee" <...

how do I increase drop list font and box size I created
Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size If the dropdown was created using Data Validation.............Font size is set at 8pt Dropdown box height cannot be changed. For workarounds like using a ComboBox and using Zoom see Debra Dalgleish's site on DV Lists. http://www.contextures.on.ca/tiptech.html Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:36:02 -0700, cdietz1 <cdietz1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Font is small and you have to scroll through list due to box size ...

Max Limit for Values in List Boxes and Combo Boxes in Outlook forms
Folks, a user is setting up a form. She wants to have several combo boxes and list boxes with between 75 and 300 (yes, 300 -- that's not a typo!) possible values in the combo box or list box. Before she starts work on this, she would like to know if there is a limit on the number of possible values for a combo box or a multi-select list box. Is there a limit? Is it defined by the number of characters in the values box, or the number of actual values? What is the limit? Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks. David consulttech2004@hotmail.com ...

Stop advancing in form with the "next" arrow at end of "list"
I have an editable form for users where they can query by date, etc. However, the next entry arrow allows them to advance beyond the result. For example, if their query resulted in 1 of 4, they can still click to 5, 6, and so on which only adds blank lines to the database table. How do I set this to stop at the last entry of their original query? You can cancel adding new records like this: Private Sub Form_BeforeInsert(Cancel As Integer) Cancel = True End Sub Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "Duchess" <Duchess@discuss...

Sync Outlook Notes 2007 with Exchange
I'm running Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2010. I use my notes in Outlook quite a bit, but my OWA or Active Sync on my mobile device doesn't give me a chance to sync notes anymore. I'm sure this is an exchange questions, but wondered if anyone knew of a fix? thanks Jason ...

Difference between XML templates and Active Reports
Why does RMS use XML templates (for receipts and P.O.s) and for most other reports Active Reports? I realize that the XML receipts can not be changed or resorted on the preview screen, but why use not all active reports? Active reports are based on formating the results of a SQL Query - if you can work out the SQL to get the result set you want, you can create almost any report you want. The XML Templates are based on objects internal to RMS, like the current transaction for reciept printing, the active PO or Transfer request for PO prining, or a given customer for Statements. Y...

list.remove() crash.
Hi: I have a short code below which polulats a list with 3 strings and then try to remove them by calling list.remove(). but the program crashes at the 2nd run in the loop (as marked below). Could you see anything I'm doing wrong? Thanks for your input. Polaris ------------------------------------------------------------- #include <list> typedef std::list <char*>::iterator LI; int main (int argc, char* argv[]) { char* array[] = { { "Test1" }, { "Test2" }, { "Test3" } }; ...

Intercompany AP Edit List
I entered an Intercompany AP invoice. I distributed as follows: Originating Company AP $300 Originating Company Expense $150 Destination Company Expense $150 When I print the Payables Transaction Edit List, it shows a completely different account for the Destination Company entry. It is an account in my Originating Company that has nothing to do with the invoice or the vendor. But when I post it, the General Ledger posting journal looks good. Can someone please let me know if this is a known flaw in GP 9.0 or have I set something up wrong? Thanks for any help! ...

Activity subject
Instead of a free-form subject on activity forms, we want the subject to be a lookup to the subject entity. But Activities don't allow new relationships to be added. Any other way we can look up subjects from activities? Hi Jenny, You might need to do an onChange or onLoad event for the activity. I don't know how familiar that you with JavaScript. 1. Build a .Net page and then in that .net page, you use the SDK to retrieve the value that you want and return it as XML. 2. Using JavaScript XMLHTTP to execute the .net page, then retrieve the value. 3. Assign back to the activity su...

create price list from excel sheet
I have been using Excel 2003 to manage a list of approximately 200 items. This is a very simple list comprising of four or five fields one of which is the price. I prefer to use Excel to manage this data because it then becomes very simple for me to use formulas in order to calculate prices after changes or additions to the items. I would like to produce a simple A5 flyer listing all the items together with their prices. What will be the best way to do this? I have explored the possibility of exporting the Excel sheet into something like Microsoft publisher but I am looking for a fa...

OE Activating "My Online Status"
How do I activate "My Online Status" in Outlook Express? It's greyed out in the Tools menu. "Vivian Hisey" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:847801c3e8dc$a3a4edd0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I activate "My Online Status" in Outlook Express? > It's greyed out in the Tools menu. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsof...

Rounding up price lists
Can you round to the nearest Dollar? Yes, if the Price Method is one that caculates the selling price (such as % of List, markup from list, etc). Click on Options, select the Round Option and set to multiple of and enter 1.00 in the Round Amount field. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "tstrop" wrote: > Can you round to the nearest Dollar? ...

Activate Purchase Button in Asset General Information window
Hi there, Does anyone know how to make the purchase button from the Asset General Information window appear (Cards >> Fixed Assets >> General) What I'm trying to do is get the link enabled between the Transaction entry window and the Asset General information window. I've create an entry and posted it, by the purchase does not appear. Thanks for your help. Hi Ian You should re-visit your Fixed Assets Company setup window as that is where you tell the system that you want the link between the purchase transaction and the Fixed Assets module. Hope that helps Sheila ...

Data List #2
In relation to an earlier question, I am looking for a way of creatin box which displays the contents of a list, which when clicked on can b copied to a current cell, but other items added to this list. For example, in one spreadsheet a list of; John Paul Peter In another spreadsheet, a view of this, so that the values can easil be copied over, but also the abaility to add another name. Something like.. [Players] | John | | Paul | | Peter | ... [ADD NEW] Any ideas? Many thanks, Mic -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Mich Lookup data validation. It is very straigh...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr´┐Żm Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

msn sync crashes Money 2004
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Every time I try to sync Money2004 standard with msn money Money crashes = with a mscofd.dll error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling = Money to no avail. Synchronization with my brokerage and credit card = accounts works fine. Any suggestions. Pierre Aterianus ------=_NextPart_000_0134_01C3D949.E61EBD00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: q...

How to assign value to controls on a Report
I am trying to assign value on a txtbox control from a form to a txtbox control on a report. Form txtbox control:txtBeginDateRange Report txtbox control:txtStartDate reportName = "Report by DR and Vendor" I am have a problem with this line of code Reports![reportName]!txtStartDate = Me.txtBeginDateRange DoCmd.OpenReport reportName, acViewPreview Any help will be appreciated. Thank you. Ayo. Answered in another post where you asked the same question. ...

add to existing distribution list
Trying to add to an existing distribution list; (from MS Access to Outlook 2003) ; code below can add, but always creates new DL (see below); skipping through Access records into general top level contacts was easy, DL work has been very frustrating. Code below works (it adds to a list) but it needs to refer to a known list. How do I do this successfully ? I've played with : objDistList = myFolder.Items.Add(Outlook.OlItemType.olDistributionListItem) in other code but get "object variable not set" even though I can see it has been ! Dim objOutlook ...

Create a textbox that displays a list of possible items as we type
Hi All, Is it possible to display a list once user starts typing a word in vba? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database(I can already pull info from access, based on what user inputs in ID field), So Once a user starts typing in a text box, lets say User Name textbox, a list of users is displayed (something like google search, we start writing in the search bar and it suggests us what we might want based on what text we input) SO if I type in "A" in User Name text box, I get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] ...

minipulate the unwanted senders list by means of VB in Outlook
Hi, using outlook 2002 sp3 is there a way to minipulate the unwanted senders list (add entries) by means of VB ? Best rgds, Ton On Mon, 30 May 2005 20:45:03 -1000, tondewilde <ton@winemaker.nl> wrote: Maybe. The Junk Senders list is contained in a text file called "Junk Senders.txt". If you can manipulate text files in your code you can do it. > Hi, > using outlook 2002 sp3 > is there a way to minipulate the unwanted senders list (add entries) by > means of VB ? > Best rgds, > Ton > > -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook Operations...

Exchange 2007 lets phishing emails in via Safe Lists?
I've tried to post this a few times, but something in must be triggering a filter software as it hasn't shown up yet after 12 hrs and the web post shows up there but not in the NNTP. Here goes again, with a few more potential keywords changed: In Exchange 2007 with safe-list aggregation enabled, it appears that certain phishing messages get through we/of any phishing score. The culprit is that the recipient has the address in the safe-senders list (@phishingSite.com, for example). The user will put that there so that OL loads the images -- but a few phishing messages have now...

Server list blank when launching GP Utilities
We just installed GP 9.0 on a new workstation. When we try to launch GP Utilities, we do not see our ODBC connection in the list of server names. The list is blank. We did create the System DSN correctly. Any ideas? Are you logged in as an administrator of that machine? Usually when you create a system DSN as a non-administrative user, for some strange reason Windows will let you continue with the procedure, but will not save the connection. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster a...