Contact use?

I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below,

company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of 
Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do not 
publish his private internet mail address as they do not want customers to 
contact him directly, the solution suggested is below.

create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, 
Bill@company.com  "@company.com being organisation email address"  and 
Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to 
Bill@company.com will first be delivered to your exchange organisation and 
then automatically rerouted to Bill@isp.com.

Is this correct "sorry I cannot test as my lab does not have connectivity"
So messages sent to Bill@company.com would come into organisation and go to 
contact "which has Bill@company.com as an address" and be forwarded to any 
other mail addresses added to contact.

any replies appreciated.



0
BINZA
5/1/2006 1:19:56 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

8 Replies
597 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 21

>and be forwarded to any other mail addresses added to contact.

For "mail-enabled" Contacts, mail is delivered to the email address that 
appears in the targetAddress attribute.
-- 
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
www.zenprise.com
NEW blog location:
www.exchangepedia.com/blog
----------------------------------------------


"BINZA@" <mark1.smith(remove this)@virgin.net> wrote in message 
news:e2QayHSbGHA.2504@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below,
>
> company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of 
> Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do 
> not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want 
> customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below.
>
> create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, 
> Bill@company.com  "@company.com being organisation email address"  and 
> Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to 
> Bill@company.com will first be delivered to your exchange organisation and 
> then automatically rerouted to Bill@isp.com.
>
> Is this correct "sorry I cannot test as my lab does not have connectivity"
> So messages sent to Bill@company.com would come into organisation and go 
> to contact "which has Bill@company.com as an address" and be forwarded to 
> any other mail addresses added to contact.
>
> any replies appreciated.
>
>
> 


0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
5/1/2006 2:26:44 PM
Where is target address in contact properties please.


"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message 
news:%23YBqHtSbGHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >and be forwarded to any other mail addresses added to contact.
>
> For "mail-enabled" Contacts, mail is delivered to the email address that 
> appears in the targetAddress attribute.
> -- 
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>
> "BINZA@" <mark1.smith(remove this)@virgin.net> wrote in message 
> news:e2QayHSbGHA.2504@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below,
>>
>> company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of 
>> Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do 
>> not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want 
>> customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below.
>>
>> create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, 
>> Bill@company.com  "@company.com being organisation email address"  and 
>> Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to 
>> Bill@company.com will first be delivered to your exchange organisation 
>> and then automatically rerouted to Bill@isp.com.
>>
>> Is this correct "sorry I cannot test as my lab does not have 
>> connectivity"
>> So messages sent to Bill@company.com would come into organisation and go 
>> to contact "which has Bill@company.com as an address" and be forwarded to 
>> any other mail addresses added to contact.
>>
>> any replies appreciated.
>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
BINZA
5/1/2006 2:31:37 PM
If you are not interested in message contents then your plan will work. 
Also tell your consultant to configure his mail client so that his reply 
address is Bill@company.com. Or just give Bill mailbox on your server 
and have him use that for his work-related mail.

BINZA@ wrote:
> I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below,
>
> company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of 
> Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do not 
> publish his private internet mail address as they do not want customers to 
> contact him directly, the solution suggested is below.
>
> create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, 
> Bill@company.com  "@company.com being organisation email address"  and 
> Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to 
> Bill@company.com will first be delivered to your exchange organisation and 
> then automatically rerouted to Bill@isp.com.
>
> Is this correct "sorry I cannot test as my lab does not have connectivity"
> So messages sent to Bill@company.com would come into organisation and go to 
> contact "which has Bill@company.com as an address" and be forwarded to any 
> other mail addresses added to contact.
>
> any replies appreciated.
>
>
>
>   
-- 

Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control, 
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)
5/1/2006 2:43:46 PM
So Kirill are we saying that message will come in and will forward to all 
email addresses in the contact.

Thanks for reply.


"Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message 
news:ugMDK2SbGHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> If you are not interested in message contents then your plan will work. 
> Also tell your consultant to configure his mail client so that his reply 
> address is Bill@company.com. Or just give Bill mailbox on your server and 
> have him use that for his work-related mail.
>
> BINZA@ wrote:
>> I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below,
>>
>> company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of 
>> Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do 
>> not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want 
>> customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below.
>>
>> create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, 
>> Bill@company.com  "@company.com being organisation email address"  and 
>> Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to 
>> Bill@company.com will first be delivered to your exchange organisation 
>> and then automatically rerouted to Bill@isp.com.
>>
>> Is this correct "sorry I cannot test as my lab does not have 
>> connectivity"
>> So messages sent to Bill@company.com would come into organisation and go 
>> to contact "which has Bill@company.com as an address" and be forwarded to 
>> any other mail addresses added to contact.
>>
>> any replies appreciated.
>>
>>
>>
>>
> -- 
>
> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>
> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control, 
> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase 


0
BINZA
5/1/2006 3:13:42 PM
Exchange General tab - Email field.

-- 
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange
www.zenprise.com
NEW blog location:
www.exchangepedia.com/blog
----------------------------------------------


"BINZA@" <mark1.smith(remove this)@virgin.net> wrote in message 
news:eJl92vSbGHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Where is target address in contact properties please.
>
>
> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message 
> news:%23YBqHtSbGHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> >and be forwarded to any other mail addresses added to contact.
>>
>> For "mail-enabled" Contacts, mail is delivered to the email address that 
>> appears in the targetAddress attribute.
>> -- 
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>> ----------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> "BINZA@" <mark1.smith(remove this)@virgin.net> wrote in message 
>> news:e2QayHSbGHA.2504@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below,
>>>
>>> company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of 
>>> Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do 
>>> not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want 
>>> customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below.
>>>
>>> create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, 
>>> Bill@company.com  "@company.com being organisation email address"  and 
>>> Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to 
>>> Bill@company.com will first be delivered to your exchange organisation 
>>> and then automatically rerouted to Bill@isp.com.
>>>
>>> Is this correct "sorry I cannot test as my lab does not have 
>>> connectivity"
>>> So messages sent to Bill@company.com would come into organisation and go 
>>> to contact "which has Bill@company.com as an address" and be forwarded 
>>> to any other mail addresses added to contact.
>>>
>>> any replies appreciated.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
5/1/2006 3:31:54 PM
Message will be forwarded to just one address, the one specified in 
Exchange General page of user properties. Message will be accepted on 
all addresses specified in E-mail Addresses tab?

BINZA@ wrote:
> So Kirill are we saying that message will come in and will forward to all 
> email addresses in the contact.
>
> Thanks for reply.
>
>
> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message 
> news:ugMDK2SbGHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>   
>> If you are not interested in message contents then your plan will work. 
>> Also tell your consultant to configure his mail client so that his reply 
>> address is Bill@company.com. Or just give Bill mailbox on your server and 
>> have him use that for his work-related mail.
>>
>> BINZA@ wrote:
>>     
>>> I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below,
>>>
>>> company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of 
>>> Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and do 
>>> not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want 
>>> customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below.
>>>
>>> create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two addresses, 
>>> Bill@company.com  "@company.com being organisation email address"  and 
>>> Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are addressed to 
>>> Bill@company.com will first be delivered to your exchange organisation 
>>> and then automatically rerouted to Bill@isp.com.
>>>
>>> Is this correct "sorry I cannot test as my lab does not have 
>>> connectivity"
>>> So messages sent to Bill@company.com would come into organisation and go 
>>> to contact "which has Bill@company.com as an address" and be forwarded to 
>>> any other mail addresses added to contact.
>>>
>>> any replies appreciated.
>>>       


-- 
Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control, 
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)
5/1/2006 3:44:25 PM
OK i think i am there now,
1 create a contact called Bob
2 in email field put in bob@company.com and this will accept messages
3 inexchange general put in bob@isp.com and message will be delivered here.
This went straight over my head and i feel a little stupid now, thanks in 
clearing this one up.



"Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message 
news:O33DiRTbGHA.996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Exchange General tab - Email field.
>
> -- 
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
> ----------------------------------------------
>
>
> "BINZA@" <mark1.smith(remove this)@virgin.net> wrote in message 
> news:eJl92vSbGHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> Where is target address in contact properties please.
>>
>>
>> "Bharat Suneja [MVP]" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in message 
>> news:%23YBqHtSbGHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> >and be forwarded to any other mail addresses added to contact.
>>>
>>> For "mail-enabled" Contacts, mail is delivered to the email address that 
>>> appears in the targetAddress attribute.
>>> -- 
>>> Bharat Suneja
>>> MVP - Exchange
>>> www.zenprise.com
>>> NEW blog location:
>>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>> ----------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>
>>> "BINZA@" <mark1.smith(remove this)@virgin.net> wrote in message 
>>> news:e2QayHSbGHA.2504@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below,
>>>>
>>>> company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of 
>>>> Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and 
>>>> do not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want 
>>>> customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below.
>>>>
>>>> create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two 
>>>> addresses, Bill@company.com  "@company.com being organisation email 
>>>> address"  and Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are 
>>>> addressed to Bill@company.com will first be delivered to your exchange 
>>>> organisation and then automatically rerouted to Bill@isp.com.
>>>>
>>>> Is this correct "sorry I cannot test as my lab does not have 
>>>> connectivity"
>>>> So messages sent to Bill@company.com would come into organisation and 
>>>> go to contact "which has Bill@company.com as an address" and be 
>>>> forwarded to any other mail addresses added to contact.
>>>>
>>>> any replies appreciated.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>>
>
> 


0
BINZA
5/1/2006 4:08:07 PM
OK i think i am there now,
1 create a contact called Bob
2 in email field put in bob@company.com and this will accept messages
3 inexchange general put in bob@isp.com and message will be delivered here.
This went straight over my head and i feel a little stupid now, thanks in 
clearing this one up Kirill.


"Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message 
news:uSVy0XTbGHA.4612@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Message will be forwarded to just one address, the one specified in 
> Exchange General page of user properties. Message will be accepted on all 
> addresses specified in E-mail Addresses tab?
>
> BINZA@ wrote:
>> So Kirill are we saying that message will come in and will forward to all 
>> email addresses in the contact.
>>
>> Thanks for reply.
>>
>>
>> "Kirill Palagin" <kpalagin@no.phxint.mail.ru> wrote in message 
>> news:ugMDK2SbGHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>
>>> If you are not interested in message contents then your plan will work. 
>>> Also tell your consultant to configure his mail client so that his reply 
>>> address is Bill@company.com. Or just give Bill mailbox on your server 
>>> and have him use that for his work-related mail.
>>>
>>> BINZA@ wrote:
>>>
>>>> I am studying at moment and would appreciate confirmation of below,
>>>>
>>>> company has an external consultant who has an internet mail address of 
>>>> Bill@isp.com , company wants to receive all mail addressed to him and 
>>>> do not publish his private internet mail address as they do not want 
>>>> customers to contact him directly, the solution suggested is below.
>>>>
>>>> create a mail-enabled contact object for Bill and specify two 
>>>> addresses, Bill@company.com  "@company.com being organisation email 
>>>> address"  and Bill@isp.com, for this contact. All messages that are 
>>>> addressed to Bill@company.com will first be delivered to your exchange 
>>>> organisation and then automatically rerouted to Bill@isp.com.
>>>>
>>>> Is this correct "sorry I cannot test as my lab does not have 
>>>> connectivity"
>>>> So messages sent to Bill@company.com would come into organisation and 
>>>> go to contact "which has Bill@company.com as an address" and be 
>>>> forwarded to any other mail addresses added to contact.
>>>>
>>>> any replies appreciated.
>>>>
>
>
> -- 
> Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.
>
> Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
> Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
> Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control, 
> triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
> http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase 


0
BINZA
5/1/2006 4:09:14 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

can wrap text and merge be used together?
I thought that I was able to use wrap text and merge in a cell together but when I use them together it doesn't wrap. Please let me know if I can use the two controls together. Thank you Yes you can use wrap text and merge in a cell. Highlight the cells you want to merge together Format>cells click on Alignment Tab choose the wrap text and merge cells boxes That should do it although excel usually doesn't adjust the row height to show the wrap so you'll probably have to by dragging on the left or going through Format>Row>height "Elizabeth" wrote: >...

how do i ignore a number when using MODE function?
Hi I have a list of numbers that I want to find the MODE in: 0 0 1 2 0 0 3 3 2 2 2 0 0 But I want to be able to ignore the Zeros How do i go about doing this so the mode function gives me the #2 only Thank you -- Dev4me ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dev4me's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29709 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498091 =MODE(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20)) which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the...

Using alt + tab
I formerly used alt + tab to switch between open excel files. Alt + tab displays a preview of the workbook, however when I release the keys the most recent excel file is opened, not the one that is diplayed. Is there a setting that I can change to re-activate this? Any help would be appreciated. Sincerely Jim Palmer --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Jim, you can also use Ctrl + tab to switch between open work books, but you can't pick the one you want -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so othe...

using excel from dotnet
situation: I'm working on a new app in vbexpress 2008 using acad com interop Also need to write extracted data to excel. problem: At home(laptop) i have excel 10. At the office excel 12. (both seem to have excel5 listed in refs.) I need to work at both locations. can i reference both 10 and 12 in the same vbproj (i think not) can i just reference 5 and is that just an older version with common (but not the latest) interface? i guess i can just have 2 vbproj files (one on laptop one at work) and just copy the .vb class files that are being edited back and forth, not cop...

creating a program that uses data from a sensor....
Hello, I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an electronic circuit). What are the hardware components that would be needed? And what MFC class(es) would I use to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 On 21 Oct 2006 08:10:50 -0700, "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it >from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an >electronic circuit). What are the ha...

How to use intranet instead of companyweb as address?
Hi, I run SharePoint 3.0 on SBS 2008. By default, the SharePoint website address is http://companyweb, I want to change it to http://intranet as we used to have on 2.0 on SBS 2003, however it doesn't work. I added intranet as CNAME in DNS. When I ping companyweb and intranet, both reply the same IP address, which is my server's IP. But companyweb display the right page, Intranet shows IIS7 welcome page. How can I use Intranet instead of companyweb? Need help! Thanks in advance! Lisa ------=_NextPart_0001_A1AA1B95 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Enco...

Sending emails with attachments using SDK
Dear all I need to send emails using the SDK. I can do this through the CRMEmailTemplate.Send() method, or through the CRMEmail.Send() method. But with both of the classes I failed to find a way to include attachments. Is there a way to include attachments in the mails? It's possible with CRM itself Regards RBakkers Unfortunately there isn't a way to add an attachment vis the SDK - so says MS.... "RBakkers" <rbakkers@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:397327D4-C833-4E82-BB80-3732D6A7237F@microsoft.com... > Dear all, > > I need to send emails using the SDK...

how to use outlook w/o exchange server?
Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA I have. The exchange server appears to be a fee based service - I don't know. I just want to use Outlook to schedule my appts, keep contacts and use email. SMScott <SMScott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Trying to use outlook and cannot send/receive email. error msg > 0x8004010F. I work from home, have no employess, no need to share > address book. Just trying to use it w/ a new PDA ...

Recover Exchange 2007 DB to a network share using powershell from
I am trying to figure out what the proper command is to recover an Exchange 2007 DB to a network location using powershell instead of the DPM 2007 GUI and have it be a clean shutdown? In the Recovery Wizard (GUI) there is an option of 'Bring the database to a clean shutdown after copying the files.' I would like to be able to set this using a powershell command. Does anyone know what that would be? Thanks for you help, Adam ...

Can I use Free Excel Viewer 97/2000 in Windows XP?
Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda The Viewer for Office 97/2000 works fine under Windows XP. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 15:11:01 -0700, "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Microsoft downloads doesn't list the free excel viewer compatible with >Windows XP. Is there a free download to view and print excel spreadsheets, >that's compatible with Windows XP? Linda An...

Dont need to use query and indexing feature of moss in project ser
we are going to deploy sharepoint portal server 2007 in existing environment of project server 2007. which is two server installation of project server 2007 . In which first is application server and second is database server. Is it necessary that we start Sharepoint server search and use Query and Indexing feature in front end application server of project server 2007 after installation of MOSS 2007 in front end server ? Because I need only sharepoint server 2007 in existing enviornment of project server 2007 for proposal review workflow of project server 2007. Kindly re...

Using a drop down box to select all results
I have a summary page which pulls data together from several sheets an displays summary statistics etc. I want to be able to use a drop down list to select particular product and only show data relating to those products - so far so good. But ..... having put in my drop down and referenced it in my formulae now cannot show the summary data for ALL products. Is there a wildcard that can be used in drop downs to select all -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You could add (All) to your list of products, and check for that selection in the formula. For example: =IF(A2=...

using interop to create document word 2007
I am using c# and word interop to open a mailmerge document fill it in and then display it to the user. Once i display it the c# app has nothing more to do with the word document. The user can edit it as needed and then save it as a pdf and that is fine. The issue is I would like to set the default path for the document and it could be a network drive or sharepoint and will change every time also it will never be where the original document was opened. ...

Can't save new contacts in Outlook 2007
When I try to save new contacts in Outlook 2007, I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." It's been suggested that I clear the forms cache but cannot find how to do that in 2007 (recommended link was for 2003 version). Can anyone help with that or is there another possible solution? P.S. I am working off line in Outlook, if that matters. Also, I can revise and save revisions to existing contacts with no problem. HJ Why are you starting a new thread? Suggest following the recommendations in ...

using ghost script to put PDFs into Publisher
Thanks Ed and Mary for your comments in response to my query on 14.08.06, Ed you suggested that I download ghoast scrpit, I have started this but the site gets very complicated I have windows XP, which bit do I download ?? Mary I also downloaded PrimoPRF, but seemed to only be able to write and not change PDFs with this am I doing something wrong ?? Have sorted disc prob-Ta Thanks Wend wrote: > Thanks Ed and Mary for your comments in response to my query on 14.08.06, Ed > you suggested that I download ghoast scrpit, I have started this but the site > gets very complicated I hav...

how can i import my gmail contacts to outlook 2007?
Hi, Im a outlook new user, so i just want to ask, how can i import my gmail contacts to outlook 2007? thanks http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=3D24911&topic=3D1530 = --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Bpop asked: | Hi, Im a outlook new user, so i just want to ask, how can i import my | gmail contacts to outlook 2007? | thanks Hi, my question is what i do in Outlook to import my gmail con...

How can I create a multiple field search box that use logical operators in an option box?
Hi, I need assistance in creating a multiple field search box, i have a screen shot but i couldn't find a way to include it in this message. I have been battling with this problem for weeks. I'm trying to use ms access 2003 to create a search box similar to one i saw in foxpro. It searches all the fields in only one table so each table has a search box for it. Here is a description for the search box for the community table which is one of the tables in the database. It has a drop down list that selects all the columns in the table such as area code for the community, community code,...

Referencing .NET 2.0 but end result uses .NET 3.5
I'm using DevStudio 2005 and I have a project that references System.dll ver 2.0.50727 and I accidentally compiled code that used an overload that only exists in version 3.5 because my intellisense showed it. I tried to compile it on another machine that never had the .NET 3.5 install and it wouldn't compile and the intellisense had that version of the overload yet both references looked identical; looking at ver 2.0 of System.dll The method in question was WaitHandle.WaitOne. ..NET 2.0 WaitOne() WaitOne(Int32, Boolean) WaitOne(TimeSpan, Boolean) ..NET 3.5 WaitOne...

Categorizing a Transfer for use in Budget
I would like to be able to categorize a transfer, the way you would a withdrawal/deposit. Is it possible? Here's the situation.....Let's say I have $50 leftover in my budgeted amount for Vacation and I don't want to reallocate it. I'd like to put it in my Savings account, categorized as Vacation. I also track my Savings account in MS Money. The only way I can see to do this is make a withdrawal from checking and deposit in Savings, without tracking the Savings account in the budget. Any suggestions/solutions would be appreciated. "Categorize a transfer" is a co...

how to use ":"?
struct ste { unsigned int sg_pfnum:20; unsigned int :8; unsigned int :1; unsigned int sg_prot:1; unsigned int sg_v:2; }; what's means of ":20",":8",":1" They are the number of bits used in each word. I don�t remember exactly now, but , for instance, the first declaration: unsigned int sg_pfnum:20 instructs C compiler to use 20 bits of the total amount of space that an unsigned int would use (I guess it starts using from bit 0 up to the last one, but I�ve got no information of how the compiler actually allocates the data). Regards, Juan "haoj...

Contacts File Link?
I have several computers on a home network and WLM does a fine job of keeping the contacts in sync on all the computer. I am giving one of the systems to a friend. What is the best way to un-sync the contacts file on the system that I am giving away so they can have there own contacts file? Uninstall WL and reinstall with a new WL ID or Passport? Create a new Windows user. Remove the old user. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:2099F8C5-9BCE-4229-A3D2-5187C1F4FFF9@microsoft.com... > I have several...

How to get search for recipients in the GAL using substrings of the mailbox name?
Hello, We have almost 5,000 mailboxes in our GAL and some have similar names. When composing a message, how can we get a list of all the mailboxes whose name contains a particular substring? Right now, Outlook only shows the first match. For example, if we have "John Brown", "Brown Conference Room" and "The Brown Bar" in the GAL, typing "Brown" followed by CTRL-K only resolves to the first it finds. It doesn't present all 3 and let us choose. Is there any wildcard character, e.g., *BROWN* ? Thanks, - Alan. Alan wrote: > We have almost 5,000...

Using Publisher for long reports
Hi. I write long reports (50 pages) in which layout and style are very important. I'm thinking of switching from Word to Publisher since Word's management of pictures and layout drives me wild. Can anyone advise me if Publisher might be the right choice? Does anyone have some long document templates they could show me? -- Giles It sounds like Publisher would be perfect for you since you indication that the layout is important. I can't help with a sample tho because (1) the longest I've done is about 24 pages and (2) my newsletters contain personal contact information and...

need help using named range in chart
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with about 10 columns of data. The number of rows can vary but its ussually less than 20. I've got a set of 'index' fields that define which data is in which column and what range of rows I want to act on. Then I've defined some named ranges that vary based on the contents of the index fields. For example: Stats!TotalC==OFFSET(INDIRECT(stats!$O$3&FIXED(stats!$P$2,0,0)),0,0,stats! $Q$2-stats!$P$2+1,1) where O3 contains the column name, P2 is the first row, and P3 is the last row I want to consider. I've also defined them as follows: ...

Can I delete OE and just use Microsoft Outlook 2002
I would like to delete Outlook Express is this advisable? I am going to be using Microsoft Outlook 2002 which I recieved w/Toshiba PDA and already have it set up on the same PC as OE. Can I use Microsoft Outlook for multiple e- mail accounts? Differences Between Outlook and Outlook Express http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;q257824 With Outlook, you can integrate and manage e-mail from multiple e-mail accounts, personal and group calendars, contacts, and tasks. "Delia Marlowe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:780901c4025...