connections - block by host question

I'm in the Internet Mail settings, exchange 5.5, trying to
block one specific IP address- what do I put for the
subnet mask?  It won't let you just leave it blank.
0
anonymous (74722)

Put in all 255s.
-Peter

"dlw" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm in the Internet Mail settings, exchange 5.5, trying to
> block one specific IP address- what do I put for the
> subnet mask?  It won't let you just leave it blank.

0
pdurkee (276)

Windows 7 Mail Question
Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? Thank you. -Frank YES "Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message news:ze6dnYRTr8IDfqXWnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support > IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? > > Thank you. > > -Frank Windows 7 does not include an email program. I use the free Windows Live Mail,(http:\download.live.com) but ther...

SMALL Function question
Hi All, First off, many thanks that assisted me in getting my golf score sheet running properly with the MATCH & INDEX stuff...it works great. I have a problem with the SMALL function...I have a list of 5 lowest scores returned from a range called 'calcutta'. In the adjacent cell I have the coresponding name returned ato match the score with the player. The problem is with ties. If two players hve the same score the SMALL function returns the first one it finds in each cell. I use it like this G1=SMALL(CALCUTTA,1) G2=SMALL(CALCUTTA,2) ETC.... "Monte Comeau" <...

VBA speed question.
I want to know that A() and B() which faster... dim arr(99) as long dim arrB(9) as long sub A() arr(arrB()) = arr(arrB()) + 1 end sub sub B() dim X as long X = arrB() arr(X) = arr(X) + 1 end sub ...

Installation Question
I would like to install Vista on a Macintosh I have. It's a 250 g hard drive, but I've already used up 150 g. Is there a way not to put on all that extra junk that comes with Windows? I've already bought it a year and a half ago, the macintosh hard drive was replaced. Thank you On 12 Jul 2010, safety123@aol.com wrote in microsoft.public.windows.vista.general: > I would like to install Vista on a Macintosh I have. > It's a 250 g hard drive, but I've already used up 150 g. > > Is there a way not to put on all that extra junk that comes with ...

Newbie question: finding aliases and forwards
If I have an address such as services@somewhere.com how could I figure out where (which user) that address exists at in Exchange or where it forwards to (if it forwards versus belonging to a user)? Thanks. just go to Active Directory Users and computers and do a find with a filter by the users email Address "Joe Blow" wrote: > If I have an address such as services@somewhere.com > how could I figure out where (which user) that address exists at in Exchange > or where it forwards to (if it forwards versus belonging to a user)? > Thanks. > > > ...

Has the service pack and Moble connectivity update been released?
Has the service pack and Mobile connectivity update been released? There was talk at the last Microsoft seminar I attended back in June that there would be some patches and feature updates for CRM released this summer. Have they been released yet? Bill Walter yes they have been released. Go to support.microsoft.com then downloads and seach on microsoft crm. the mobile addon has been released as well as updates for Windows XP SP2 -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Bill Walter" <wqwalter@hotmai...

Access Database Files Are Blocked
After downloaded a security patch I can no longer receive Access database file as attachements (MDB Files). Does anyone know a workaround? Jack Depends on the version and Service Patch but check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "Jack Henslee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:117e901c3f4be$6e950790$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After downloaded a security patch I can no longer receive > Access database file as attachements (MDB Files). Does > anyone know a workaround? > > Jack ...

Outlook blocking our own domain
This problem just appeared up this week. SBS 2003 Premium. Exchange 2003. About 30 clients running Outlook 2003, and a couple using Outlook 2007. One user (the owner) using Outlook 2003 has had half a dozen or so emails from within our company sent to his Junk Email folder by Outlook. I set our domain as a safe sender and it shows up in the safe senders list as "@ourdomain.net". Following the examples they use, I tried adding just "ourdomain.net" (no @) but it doesn't appear to be showing up on the list, even after restarting Outlook. Any idea why our domain w...

connecting to the RMS database
Hello all! I have a noobie question. We are quoting a job for a company that currenlty has two stores, each with its own RMS. They want us to create a couple of things. Number one: A single tool that will submit information to both a RMS database and an access database. I was thinking I would write a standalone app to connect the two, that way removing any possible race conditions (duplicate info). Is the RMS database ODBC compliant? I think I have seen that it is, how easy is this to do? Number two: They have a web site that they want to have e-commerce functionality. That means tha...

Simple charting question
I don't believe I'm having so much trouble with this. I'm trying to make a graph with Temperature (Celesius) as the X-axis and Baseball Speed (Km/hr) as the Y-axis. When I highlight the columns below and try to make a bar graph - 0 44.1 1 47 3 44.7 4 43.5 5 50.2 13 59.9 I get two series plotted or shown seperately. I would like to get one of the following: ...

2003 Money (Can I -) question
Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop down fields used to create new recurring bill under [Bills & Deposits]? For example; [Write Check] is the default in the payment method. I want it to be [Print Check]. [Monthly] is default for the frequency and I want [Only Once]. I would like to be able to set my most used selections as defaults. Thanks - Andy Nope. "Andy" <a1cotton@knology.net> wrote in message news:079b01c392c3$6cfe0290$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to change or preset defaults for the drop > down fields used to create new...

Question about OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED error!
When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find OleSetClipboard return CO_E_NOTINITIALIZED. I depend on its tip and add Coinitialize() in. but It strill is wrong. who can help me? COleDataSource* pOds = new COleDataSource(); if (pOds == NULL) return FALSE; pOds->CacheGlobalData(nFormat,hMem); pOds->SetClipboard(); Michael F wrote: > When I using Clipboard function, for example below codes, > SetClipboard() always is failed.I track into it and find > OleSetClipboard return...

Great Plains Question 10-21-03
Can anyone tell me how Great Plains can be set up for 802.11b wireless scanners? Is the session just a regular Telnet session or is there some funky emulation? Also, is there any modules in place within Great Plains that allow portable RF scanners to operate? Given the fact that the portable scanner may only have a 16 x 21 line display. Or is it up to an integrator to set this up. please send this query to microsoft.public.greatplains "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00d301c39803$d049b0c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell...

XMLSPY Question
Altova posted an announcement regarding XMLSPY 2008 stating it can handle much larger files. So how large is large? Does it load the entire XML document into memory, or does it stream, like xmlreader? I read it has spyware so am reluctant to download the trial version. I did download Stylus Studio and it appears to be a DOM based system. I transform very large xml documents for my clients and some of these files are over 500Mb. I even did noe that was almost 3Gb. I wote some tools with xmlreader/writer that split the files, but requires some hard-coding for each one. sure would be nice to...

Slow Outlook connectivity using a VLAN
Hi, we are using a HP switch configure with 2 vlans. 192.168.254.x and 10.10.10.x Our exchange server is on the 10.10.10.x subnet and we are using exchange 2003 with outlook 2003. The outlook client can connect with no problem while on the 10.10.10.x subnet but it will timeout while on the 192.168.254.x subnet. It will say that it cannot connect to the exchange server and you have to hit retry about 3 or 4 times and it will finally connect. Once connect everything runs fine. All other network programs work find except for outlook. Any suggestions? .. Change rpc binding order, ...

Blocked hyperlinks
After Ctrl-Click on hyperlinks in Office programs i get a message that the computer is blocked for this operation and that i should contact the admin (thats me). I am using Windows 7, Office 07, IE8 and Live Mail 09 (all with available updates). (I reinstalled Chrome but that didn't help. Saw a suggestion about that.) Got one suggestion to reinstall Office but have not tried that. Any easier suggestions? -- Peter L I had the same problem a few days ago. Try this procedure founded on the web: "Restore registry settings in the User Profile 1. Click Start, click Run...

looping question
I've used a few looping type macros until now with no problems. However, I'm completely stumped when i need to get excel to count things for me>>> I have 5 row of data in each column (for example). I want to get all the data to be in column A each set below the next. so I need to refer to B1:B5 and move it to A6:A10. Then repeat to move C1:C5 to A11:A15 etc..etc... I need to move all 5 rows in each case regardless of content (number letter, blank etc..) I just come up against a brick wall when it comes to all this i=i+1 stuff, refering to ranges and telling excel to move ...

outlook connects very slowly
Hi, OL 2K3 SP2 running against Exchange 2K3 SP2. When user launches OL it says "trying to connect" for several minutes before it actually connects. Interestingly the same user has no problem connecting to the server from home (using RPC o/ HTTP) or from a different machine in the office. Also when other users log in, they don't experience this connection difficulty on the problem machine. I have done the following: - Re-installed OL and SP2 - Re-created user's Outlook profile - Re-created user's Windows profile. - Ran detect and repair in OL. Any help would be...

Outlook 2003 losing IMAP connection
The computer runs Win XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro. Outlook 2003 has several IMAP accounts created, but all going to the same server (on the LAN). Occasionally just one (or sometimes more) of the IMAP connections will apparently lose the ability to talk to the IMAP server. The "Connect to <server>" option becomes available, but it does not do anything and will not go away. The "Work Offline" option is not selected. Outlook acts like its working offline without knowing its offline. It will not be able to reconnect to the IMAP server without Outlook being closed an...

Billing/Statement Question w/Solomon Integration
Here is our company's structure: Our Corporate Office is being ran by Solomon, we have retail locations that will be running RMS for the retail counter sales.....We have many customers that not only call on us for service work, but also will come into the retail store to purchase products and services....When they make the purchase at the retail location, I would like them to be able to put their sale "on account", and once a month we can then bill them for their purchases. At the month end, I will need to be able to generate a statement that shows their activity for the ...

QS Hook Function Question
Based on the surfpro.dll example, I have roughed out a prospective function that I hope will allow me to initiate a membership style control over POS transactions. I'm not 100% sure how to call a QSBridge FireEvent -- ClearCustomer as the POS requires a Customer to complete a sale, so I figure no customer, or take away the customer, no sale... right? In VB6 this morning, the Date function, literally returned 6/28/2005. Great! If the Customer Expiration Date is stored in CustomDate1, then a quick subtraction and a few conditionals should do it. The subtraction returned an integer calc of t...

Linking/connecting nine separate worksheets of a workbook
Is there a way, after formatting nine separate sheets in a work book like sheet 1, sheet 2, sheet 3, etc., that I could connect or link these (I hope I am using the right words), so that if I change say the header on one sheet, the same change is automatically made on the other sheets, that the page numbering is automatic, that the column cells (for different vendor names that are set up say on the first sheet are repeated on the other sheets), like in a bid tabulation. The only difference would be the actual technical data filled-in on each sheet, which obviously would be unique for th...

sumproduct question please
Hi everyone I have a list of names in column a - I then have data in various other columns which is copied from other worksheets (Columns B, F and J are names) I want to sum how many time a name in column a is listed in the others so have entered as: =SUMPRODUCT(($B$2:$B$500=A2)*($F$2:$F$500=A2)*($J$2:$J$500=A2)) But this is not calculating correctly - can someone pls advise what step I'm missing?? -- Thanks as always Lise Try =COUNTIF(A:A,A1)+COUNTIF(F:F,A1)+COUNTIF(J:J,A1) -- Jacob "Lise" wrote: > Hi everyone > > I have a list ...

One More Calendar Control Question
Seems as if there are many questions about the ActiveX calendar control and many warnings on not to use them. I have used them with some success, but some issues just make me scratch my head. I am currently using it to have the user select a start date and an end date to run a report. The form opens and the calendars are set to the current date. If the user clicks anywhere on the dates, the start or end date changes accordingly. The problem I have is when the user selects a different month or year, none of the dates are depressed. The user has to select a new date within the sel...

Simple Question
I have a set of 20000 numbers , some of which are in one form, some in the other. How do I convert a number - like 3, to 003? Thanks, Jim Berglund Select all the cells; use menu command Format| Format Cells -> Custom Format and specify 000 as the format best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Jim Berglund" <jazzzbo@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:D43_h.153712$DE1.42938@pd7urf2no... > > I have a set of 20000 numbers , some of which are in one form, some in the > other. > > How do I convert a number - lik...