Connection Filtering Not Available in 2003

We are in a mixed mode Exchange Org.  I am trying to
configure Connection Filtering on my Exchange 2003
SP1/Windows 2003 server but when I click on the
Connection Filtering tab I get an error and the options
are grayed out.  The error message references article
818482 but the article doesn't give a work around or
solution that works; it states to use Exchange 200O
System Manager to do the filtering but E2k ESM doesn't
show the Connection Filtering tab.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Brian
0
anonymous (74722)

Exchange 2003 & MS CRM Network traffic
Hello We have a Windows 2003 AD infrastructure with Exchange 2003sp2 running on a dediated server. We have Microsoft CRM 3.0 on its own dedicated server. We have an issue with a couple of Vista Business client, with Outlook 2007, and CRM installed. When outlook is openned (and CRM client starts) - all is fine until user gets an email. Once an email is received, outlook.exe consumes c. 30% CPU and then opens a connection to the exchange server at a constant 3Mb/s. This continues till Outlook is closed and then comes back as soon as Outlook is restarted and a new email is received. There a...

Ciustom form substitution
I upgraded my outlook installation from 2000 to 2003 version. I noticed that formswap utility doesn't work for default incoming forms (I changed regisrty settings produced by formswap.exe to reflect current outlook version). In version 2000 both incoming and outgoing default forms were "substituted" by corresponding custom forms. In version 2003, only outgoing form substituted correctly. Thanks in advance baspet ...

install sp4 renders client unable to connect
Help! my IT guy updated our msde from sp3 to sp4 to prepare for upgrade from gp 8.0 to 9.0. after sp4 was installed, i can no longer connect from my client workstation. I can connect from the server/client workstation, but when i try from a networked pc, it hangs up. GP support cant/wont help--they did take me through trying to add a new odbc config, but I cannot connect to the server at all. Any help or ideas? ...

Fact Editor in Visio 2003 Pro
I have installed Visio Professional 2003 SP2 (11.5509.6568) and the product is active. I want to create an ORM diagram, but an unable to find the verbalizer or Fact Editor. Can someone point me to the right direction. Thanks, Nirav Those features are only available in the Visual Studio Enterprise Architect product. -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Nirav" <viranirav@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OZ%23MuP%234FHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I have installed Visio Profess...

Installing Exch. 2003 SP2
Pardon my ignorance but once the SP2 executible is finished extracting the files, what do I run to actually install the SP? I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 Server machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! I believe it's setup.exe, if my memory is correct. "DennisG" <d.gaither@unitedmetal.com> wrote in message news:OJablZYiKHA.5520@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Pardon my ignorance but once the SP2 executible is finished extracting the > files, what do I run to actually install the SP? I am running Exchange > 2003 on a...

Outlook 2003 Add-on help
Is there a way, either built-in to Outlook 2003 or through third party software that will display contacts in a alphabetical list when composing a mail message? Specifically, the user wants to be able to select a letter, e.g. "A", "B", "C", etc... when composing a message (when clicking the "To" field in the mail form) that will pull up an alphabetical listing of contacts from the address book. I know this capability resides in OWA, but I have yet to find a solution for Outlook 2003. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Ryan ryan.hopm...

Excel 2003 Inactive Tab Colours with Vista Aero
Does anyone know how to change the inacticve tab colours for Excel 2003 running in Vista with Aero colour scheme turned on. Excel 2007 is installed on the same PC and there is no problem with that, it is just 2003 - there is virtually no difference in colour between the active and inactive tabs and it makes it very difficult for grouping tabs (selecting an individual tab is not such a problem because the active tab has bold font in the name). David McRitchie's site http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm#tabs suggests the scrollbar colour affects the tab colours but that doesn'...

Excel 2003: How to make transparent columns in Excel chart?
If you create a bar plot froma given dataset you can format the columns by right clicking and choosing the desired options. In the tab that opens there is a slider which is supposed tho set the level of transparency of the column (selceted area). But so far i couldn't find a way how to use this slider. I know that there is an alternative way to get transparent bars by creating a rectangular object formating it and the use copy -> paste. But i wonder what is the slider for if you can't use it? Does anybody know have an idea? Cheers, Thomas ...

Outlook 2003 IMAP Special Folders?
Is there a way in Outlook 2003 to designate specific folders on the server as "special". For example, can I tell Outlook to treat the folder "Trash" on the server as "Deleted Items", "Spam" as "Junk E-mail" and "Sent" as "Sent Items"? Thanks in advance. -- Wiley Wiley Q. Hacker <wiley.q.hacker@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way in Outlook 2003 to designate specific folders on the > server as "special". For example, can I tell Outlook to treat the > folder "Trash" on the server as &quo...

Exchange 2003 DST Patch
Can anyone tell me if we apply the Exchange 2003 patch will people see times shifted in there Outlook calendars by and hour or will this have no effect. I wanted to see whether the XP patch resulted in the behavior or if it is the Exchange 2003 DST patch. Thanks, Jonathan The OS time zone update (KB 931836 for XP SP2) updates the time zone info that is used by Outlook clients. Following that, you need to rebase items created with old DST 2006 time zone info. http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/dst-2007-understanding-what-needs-to-be.html -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise...

Exchange 2003 smtp connector
I have a customer that has been running SBS 2003. To send email, I had to set up an SMTP connector since their ISP would not let them send email unless it went through their servers. This worked great until this morning when the server died. As a temporary solution, I took an old server from one of their other offices that was running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 and set it up in the office. I reset the connector but it will not work. I just need to get this temporary solution up until new hard drives come in. I added security but that did not help. I tried a smart host in the SMTP c...

Redeption - Outlook 2003
Hi, I am able to get the contactItem detils (FullName, CompanyName, HomeTelephoneNumber, etc.,) using Outlook object model. Because of the security patch problem, I thought of using Redemption. In the Redemption SafeContactItem object contain fields like, Email1AddressType, Email1DisplayName, Email1EntryID, etc. BUT, I am not able to get the outlook contactItem fields (FullName, CompanyName, HomeTelephoneNumber, etc.,). I am using Outlook 2003. Programming language is Visual Basic 6.0. I am using Redeption version 3.4. My code sample (using outlook object model): ======================...

Problem with Excel 2003 and 2007 on same computer
I've always used the Office 2003 programs. But recently I decided to switch Outlook to the 2007 version. In the process. Office 2007 also installed the 2007 versions of Excel, Word, etc. So now I have both Excel 2003, and Excel 2007 on my Windows 7 home premium computer. I don=92t care at all for the ribbon and other features of Excel 2007. But occasionally, and seemingly randomly, my opening an old Excel file brings up 2007 Excel I know there=92s a setting to create an association between .XLS, .XLT etc.. and a particular program, in this case Excel 2003. But in Windows 7, what woul...

Addressing
If I had a new user in AD on our Windows 2003 server, and give them an email address with Exchange 2003 - they do not show up in the Global Address List. However, they are in All Users? Any ideas why? Are they not showing up in the GLobal Address List on a client machine ? Do they show up if users select an address list rather than the GAL ? If it is not appearing in the client what client are you using ? If it is Outlook 2003 then if you used cached mode on Outlook 2003 it uses an offline address book (rather than communicating with AD to get the GAL) which is rebuilt by Exchange once a ...

Report filter error #2
I get the following error when running a prefilter report in CRM 3.0 but in VS in runs fine Reporting Services Error -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- a.. An error has occurred during report processing. (rsProcessingAborted) Get Online Help a.. Cannot set the command text for data set 'Kunde'. (rsErrorSettingCommandText) Get Online Help a.. Error during processing of the CommandText expression of dataset 'Kunde'. (rsQueryCommandTextProcessingError) Get Online Help Here is the sql statement SELECT accountnumber F...

Calendar folder under public folder doesn't show up after migrated exchange from 5.5 to 2003
Hello, I got a problem on the public folder migration. I set up a new exchange 2003 server on the network and join it to exchange 5.5 site. and make a replication between two server. everything seem be ok. I have moved some mailbox to new exchange server, and also replica public folder to the new server. I can see all of public folder in the new exchange 2003 server from exchange 2003 system manager. but when I attached outlook client to the new exchange server, user can see all of public folder which contain mail items, but can not see public calendar folder which contain appointment items...

WTB: Outlook 2003
Does anyone have a training cd/dvd (original not a copy) for Outlook 2003 that they want to sell? Looking for one from below or equal. computer-training-software.com keystone learning.com thanks ...

Outlook 2003
Hi Does anyone know how do I set links that I open from an E- mail to be open in a used Internet Explorer window instead of open it in a new window? In Office XP it used to open in a used Explorer window and in 2003 it always open in a new window. How do I change it? Thanks, Inbal Per Microsoft, this is a feature and you cant change the behaviour. ...

Total Size of All Mailboxes of Exhange 2003 Standard
Dear All, How can I find the total size of all mailboxes in Exchange 2k3 ? I can only find individual's size in System Manager. Thank you. Regards, Horace 19 Jan 04 Bring up Exchange System Manager, and drill down to the Mailboxes object under your mailbox store. Make sure Mailboxes is highlighted, and then right-click it - you'll see the Export List task. This will give you a text file that you can then paste into Excel, etc. Note that the total mailbox sizes doesn't equal the size of the overall database, since single instance storage comes into play. -- Neil Hobson Ex...

no transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient.
Getting this message from Microsoft Outlook: No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient. We are running Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. User gets the above message when trying to send Internet Mail. User is able to receive Internet Mail successfully. We have tried restarting the server. Please help if you have any suggestions how to resolve this problem. Are you running Outlook 2000 or earlier versions? This is a known problem in versions prior to OL2002 - and running Internet Mail and Exchange in the same profile in Outlook 2000 and earlier is not a supported...

Email recipient limit in outlook 2003
Good Morning, We have outlook 2003 running via an exchange server. One of our users is trying to send an email to a large number of contacts in their address book. They are not using a personal or company distribution list. They have simply populated the "To" field with each persons email address (not sure how many email addresses but looks like a lot, possibly more than a 100). When the user clicks "Send" the email just freezes and so does outlook. The only way to come out of it is to cancel the outlook.exe process in task manager and then restart outlook...

outlook 2003 view folder list
I have been using outlook 2000 since it was released. I set up the display (over all look) to show only the folder list wich includes contact, calendar....on the left hand side (LHS)and the expanded topic on the right hand side. Now I received outlook 2003 and want to get back that look I can't get it , my contacts and calendar is at the boton LHS, Its look cluthered... can some body help Jim There are a few things you can do to make Outlook 2003 look the way older versions did; however, not everything can be changed. See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2003/up031029.htm#classicview f...

Can Excel 2003 prompt before Autosaving?
In Excel 2000 you could have the Autosave prompt you before saving. I can't find this feature in 2003, just the Autosave. Chris There is no Autosave in XL2002 and 2003 as there was in earlier versions. Autorecovery from Tools>Options>Save is it. This is not the same as Autosave which made true incremental saves at intervals and alerted you before saving. Autorecovery just saves a temporary file which it deletes if Excel closes normally without incident. BTW.....Dave Peterson reports that he tried an earlier version of Autosave.xla in XL2002 and it seemed to work fine. I have...

Exchange 2003: Using Delivery Options to forward email to outside address
I sucessfully forwarded mailbox messages to outside addresses using the Delivery Options and set the Contacts (formerly known as Custom Recipients) as "Hide from Exchange Address lists". They don't show up in the group lists, but they still appear in the GAL. Is there another setting that I'm missing? Nprmally all you have to do it is what you did. I think your problem could be a sync problem of your address list. Are you using cache mode on Outlook 2003? if so, remove it and open outlook again and check for the user on the GAL. If does not fix it, try to update the re...

Publisher 2003 and Office 2007
I purchased Office Standard 2007 - however, it does not come with Publisher. So If I install Standard, will it erase my Publisher 2003? I dont want this to happen, if it will. Is there a way to keep my Publisher 2003 after I install Standard 2007 The installation of Office 2007 shouldn't affect Publisher 2003. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "E R" <E R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF7A401A-E059-489A-9D70-E72DB87FF49B@microsoft.com... >I purchased Office Standard 2007 - however, it does not come with Publisher. > So If I install Stand...