Connection Filtering #5

Hi,

I have a question regarding Exchange 2003 Server Connection Filtering
configuration.  I have added an IP address to allow exchange 2003 server to
accept email; but then I started to get spams coming from the IP address.

My question is how can I only set up a particular email address from that IP
address so that exchange server will allow through but not allow other emails
from other addresses from this IP to come in?

Please provide me a step by step on the configuration. I am fairly new and
not an expert.

Many Thanks
0
Vin (15)

Re: Can Outlook Be Uninstalled -- With All Its Baggage? #5
Recte: The .pst file is at: C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook It's only 265 KB. Where's the rest of Outlook? -- DSH Lux et Veritas et Libertas Vires et Honor > "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <what@ever> wrote in message > news:OVXDgciEJHA.616@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > >> The data file where all Outlook items are kept is named the .pst >> file. You may have several on your machine if you used archive. >> Look for the files (hidden files) and delete them with Outlook >> closed. &g...

Re: Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool ExBPAv2.5
....and it would be helpful if I noted - I have not seen a problem with the application on XP SP2. Bob -- Bob Christian II MVP - LCS http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog "Bob Christian" <BobChristian@removethis.gmail.com> wrote in message news:... > You may want to check your post in exchange.tools. Paul responded in > there. > > -- > Bob Christian II > MVP - LCS > http://bobchristian.blogspot.com - Blog > > > > "Nawar75" <Nawar75@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message > news:0886D939-6E16-406D-95F6-B6F4A...

Max msg size in Exchnage 5.5 IMC
I can't find documentation of this, but it appears that the max internet mail msg allowed is 2 MG. Anyone know a way around this? Why does it appear that way? On Thu, 20 May 2004 08:16:38 -0700, "dallen@jkv.org" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can't find documentation of this, but it appears that >the max internet mail msg allowed is 2 MG. Anyone know a >way around this? ...

Exchange 5.5 and 2003 #3
Greetings. Our company uses Exchange 5.5 as organization and some filials have Ex2003 as main mail server. Couple of days ago users at Ex2003 stop recieving mail form 5.5 users. They're recieving NDR that user IMCEAEX_-o... is unknown. I've telneted to Ex2003 and try send mail to user@company.com it's ok. But if I try to send mail to IMCEAEX-_o=Organization_ou=COMPANY... there is no mail. I thought that it might be problem with DC connection or ADC links, but it's ok. DCDIAG pass all test, and there are no Errors in log on server with srs. Can some one help? I had the same pr...

2003 junkmail filter update
I installed the latest update for office 2003 which included a junk mail filter update. I probably shouldn't have done this, since my junk mail filter was working perfectly before. Now a lot of junk mail the filter that the filter used to catch is going to my inbox. Does anyone know what I can do to get outlook back to how it was? I tried system restore, and I also tried removing and reinstalling outlook from the CD. Neither worked. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Have you set the filter to "high"? >-----Original Message----- >I installed the latest update fo...

Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!!
Requery ONLY works in timer 0.5 sec later !!! Hello everyone and thank you for your time, I have a simple form with a subform with a CANCEL button on it. The problem is that if I don't use the DoCmd.Requery command, the form advances to the next record even though the previous one was still empty. If I put the DoCmd.Requery on the bottom or the top of the Cancel code it dose not work, the ONLY way I have my form working properly at the moment is like so.... Private Sub Cancel_Click() Me.TimerInterval = 500 DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdDeleteRecord ...

How Can Remote VPN Users Connect to our Exchange Server?
Hello-- We just installed a SonicWALL firewall in one of our remote office and configured a VPN tunnel to our PIX firewall here at the main office. Are there any articles on how to configure the clients in the remote office to be able to connect to our Exchange server so they don't have to use POP3? Many thanks, Stephen Once they connect via VPN, they should have access to all internal network resources (including Exchange). There should be no additional configuration necessary. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "razor" <razor@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

restore sort order after filter cancel
Hello, I have a question about filtering using the standard toolbar functions. How can I maintain or restore my orderBy settings when a user chooses Apply Filter, Remove Filter (or Apply Filter/Sort, Remove Filter/Sort)? thanks. Paul Bart, orderBy is a form property that can be set in VBA code by stating me.orderBy = ["Name of sort field"] You could put this on the click event of a button and even add the filter ="" to remove current filter. Or you could set the forms datasource (a sorted query) to a set of records that the query produces. Please see signature if thi...

Audit permissions and security in E5.5
Hi all Would like to overview permissions and security onm Distribution lists, mailboxes etc on a E5.5 Serve Are there any tools available to do thi TIA ...

Connecting Exchange to MDaemon
I need to give the boss access to his email on Exchange - it's a long and sad story. Company email currently lives on another server running MDaemon. I'm not finding a "Getting Started" guide that spells out how to move email between different emailboxes on different servers. What is needed to make this work? -- Greg Stigers, MCSA remember to vote for the answers you like Have you got the solution? -- /Joakim Hellstr�m X-ellent Software "Greg Stigers, MCSA" <gregstigers+wmsn@spamcop.net> wrote in message news:uHUwiB7uEHA.1524@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl....

POP3 connection
We've been using Outlook 2003 for quite some time with happy success. Then a couple of days ago it all went south. We were no longer able to get our MSN e-mail. We tried resetting our e-mail settings and even reloaded Outlook. Other e-mail accounts (non-MSN) come through just fine. When we test the account settings, the SMTP and POP3 are found, but it won't log onto the incoming mail server. The "Enter Network Password" box keeps popping up. We've even changed our password to try to get it to connect. Any advice? Try MSN Connector for outlook http://office.m...

ADODB.Connection strange output!!
Hello, I would appreciate if you would explain me what is the reason, or cause of this.... I am using recordset in my vba code. I use ADODB.connection...... I am able to use this successfully, and I understand how it loop through the records. The problem I have is when I use this with one of my query. basically, I use a code like < table.open "Query1" > My output doesn't make sense based on the data in my Query1. It was like I have 100 records in my Query1, but my output has 200 records. I was spending hours to determine what's wrong and here is...

Junk E-Mail filter problem in Outlook 2003
Suddenly, all the junk e-mail that would normally go to the Junk E-Mail folder is now just dropping into my Inbox. I mean all the junk e-mail. It's catching nothing. I have it set on Low and it always let some stuff slip through, but now it is just not working at all. I changed it to High and exited Outlook, re-opened Outlook and set it back to Low, exited Outlook and re-opened it and still I get the same behavior. Never seen this one before. This is Outlook 2003 on WinXP and it's a POP account. Any help would be appreciated. Russell Campbell <nospam@123nospam321.com&...

Passwords Changes taking to long on Exchange 5.5
Hi Please do you know of any reasons why password changes takes too long to propagate, on a Windows 2000 server using Exchange 5.5.Its only has started happening today. Can think of what has been changed. Thank you in advance ...

Performance Counters for Connection Filtering.
Hi I have setup connection filtering on my Exchange server 2003 , However I want to ensure that this is working and monitor how many email are bounced because they are on RBL's.etc. Is there a performance counter object that refers to this ? I've looked everywhere and cannot find it ! If not is there any other way to monitor this ? Remove the DontSpamMe from the email address when replying. Thanks in advance, David Capps ...

Install Filter Driver
Hi All, I want to install my disk upper filter driver for a USB mass storage device programatically. I think I need to use CreateService() and other routines to start the serivce. At the same time I need to add registry keys (UpperFilters key) under USBSTOR to install as filter driver. I'm not sure how to determine the hardware ID under which I need to add these registry keys. How do I find hardware ID for the disk device of my USB mass storage device to add the registy keys? Thank You. Regards, Sushma You do not install with CreateService since this is a PnP stack. ...

Junk email filters have suddenly stopped working
Help my Outlook 2003 Junk email filters have suddenly stopped working... Anyone else having problems, anyone got a solution/know how to turn it back on? Steve This just happened to me last night - I posted a little bit ago and had not found your post until now..... "SteveC" <nospam@nospam.co> wrote in message news:%23AnP6zohGHA.4896@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Help my Outlook 2003 Junk email filters have suddenly stopped working... > > Anyone else having problems, anyone got a solution/know how to turn it > back on? > > Steve > did you restar...

filter 2nd pass
I filter my form based on the contents of several combo boxes tied together with OR's. I would like to add a button to the form that allows the operator to filter the filtered data based on the contents of still another control. The problem is that this second filter (I used form.filter=etc). displays the whole data base (filtered), not just the remnants of the first filter. Is there a way around this without including the first filter in the code ,messy in this case.. I am using Access 2000. Thanks for any help. I don't understand what you mean by "messy in this c...

Excel 2002 Filters stop working
I'm using the filter function in Excel but the drop downs stop working. Show all doesn't bring back the functionality the only way to fix this seems to be turning off all filters and setting up the autofilter again. Any ideas what could be causing this and if there is a fix? #1. Is your worksheet protected? If it is protected, maybe you didn't set the option to enable autofilter? #2. Have you been playing around with range names--deleting them???? Maybe you deleted one that excel likes???? kwarner@cisco.com wrote: > > I'm using the filter function in Excel b...

All Office Apps quit very slowly with no internet connection. #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have Office version 12.2.1 installed. I have noticed since about 12.1.x that if I do not have an internet connection, when I close Word, Excel, or PPoint, the apps close out very slowly. The screen cleans up, but the info in the menu bar is very slow to close out completely. I have even visited the Apple store to verify this. It happens on two of my MBP's. If there is an internet connection, then it's fast to close out completely. This was an issue with Office 2004 until one of those updates fixed that issue. ...

Can't filter report by custom field
I am trying to filter account records by a custom date field. However, when I apply the filter I get a crystal error saying that the field cannot be found. Is there some limitation on reporting using custom fields? -Jason Yes Jason you need the crystal reports 9.2.2 and modify the reports (*.rpt) with custom fields. do... < verify database> i hope this help to you Carlos consultoria CRM Axxonconsulting Argentia "Jason Beckett" <jasonb@fredericksbenefits.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:eiB2Fi8qEHA.3940@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I am trying to filter account reco...

error connecting to linked tables
I built my own program for logistics purposes and use it on the intranet. Everything was OK till I had to reinstall my computer due to virus attack. Now I cannot connect to linked tables. I always receive message that MS Access encoutered a problem and have to be closed. I installed all updates and SP3 and compatibility pack... no use :( MS error reporting site simply suggests to by new version of office. Now I use 2002 version. Anybody knows the solution? It have to work because almost 4 month it worked! ...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #5
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...

Using multiple filters in 1 Worksheet
Hi all, Anyone have any idea how I can use more than 1 custom auto-filter on different rows in the same workbook? It appears as though I can only use 1 at a time, when I filter out rows with one set of cutom filter rules, I can't go to another row and apply different (non- conflicting) custom filter rules on top of the newly filtered workbook. Does that make sense? Can anyone help? Thank - Shaun scratch this request - I figured it out. >-----Original Message----- >Hi all, >Anyone have any idea how I can use more than 1 custom >auto-filter on different rows in the s...

The filter didn't show all (2,254) names when I set it up
I set up auto filter to sort my names in my company spreadsheet. There are 2254 names and all of there info in the rows. When I click the arrow in the Name column I can only see the names up to the M's (1880 of them) and not the rest of the names down to the Z's. So I want to filter on Motz and his name is not listed in the filter choices. No names beyond Mapps are listed. How can I get my filter choices to show all 2254 names from A-Z to show on the filter choice drop down window? Or is there a cap on how many things this little window will display? Per Excel 2002 Help: &...