Connecting To IIS Newsfeed

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C61B81.C90C1060

Hi,

I have a problem getting my exchange server (SBS 2003) to retrieve news =
articles from a windows 2003 server. (standard IIS NNTP service).

I created a feed on the server, pointed it to my windows server, set the =
date to retrieve articles from to 2000/01/01.

I get an event in the log that it ran okay, newsgroup public folders =
were created for the newsgroups, but no articles.

I set the age limits on the public folders to 365 days, tried deleting =
the feed, re-creating it, but no articles are retrieved.

My win2003 server has "allow server to pull news articles" ticked, all =
permissions are on anonymous.

How do I get these articles across ?
------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C61B81.C90C1060

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hi,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have a problem getting my exchange =
server (SBS=20
2003) to retrieve news articles from a windows 2003 server. (standard =
IIS NNTP=20
service).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I created a feed on the server, pointed =
it to my=20
windows server, set the date to retrieve articles from to=20
2000/01/01.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I get an event in the log that it ran =
okay,=20
newsgroup public folders were created for the newsgroups, but no=20
articles.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I set the age limits on the public =
folders to 365=20
days, tried deleting the feed, re-creating it, but no articles are=20
retrieved.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>My win2003 server has "allow server to =
pull news=20
articles" ticked, all permissions are on anonymous.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>How do I get these articles across=20
?</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C61B81.C90C1060--

0
jasonkaler (12)

Ethernet connectivity issue / Cerdisp
Hello, On our headless device, cerdisp is running to access the windows GUI. I can connect to cerdisp from my desktop pc. But after 10 sec., the connection breaks down. Pings to the device aren't answered properly, and I can't access the device with FTP. Captures with wireshark showed that UDP retransmissions are occuring. When I don't start the Cerdisp/Cerhost connection, pings are answered correctly and I can access with FTP. When I don't have a cerdisp connection, Cerdisp broadcasts on UDP about every second. At the moment the UDP frame is sent, ping als...

How do you code to get SQL Server data from ODBC Connection?
Hello, I have an Excel application that I've written that is on a local network. It retrieves SQL Server data by creating a connection using "Provider=SQLOLEDB;". It is working so well, they wanted me to create a vpn and let other offices (physically separate buildings) use the application. I've created an ODBC that accesses the data via the vpn. However, I'm not sure of the syntax to retrieve SQL Server data via an ODBC. I've been googling for awhile now. I haven't found an example of querying on a SQL Server in VBA code via ODBC. Any...

SBS 2008 RPC under wrong virtual directory in IIS
Hi all - per Cliff's kind coaxing here it is: Deployed an SBS2008 about 3 months ago, all standard windows updates, Exchange is at SP1 rollup 9. My major issue is that the server appears to believe the RPC directories are located under the IIS Default Website, when in fact they are located under SBS Web Applications virtual dir (as they should), evidence of this comes from these PS tests: [PS] C:\Windows\System32> get-outlookanywhere |fl WARNING: IIS://EXCH1.acme.local/W3SVC/1/ROOT/Rpc was not found. Please make sure you have typed it correctly. ServerName ...

no internet connectivity
i have tried to post my issue 4 times, and and after waiting hours, i still don't see my posting, so maybe it is because it is too long. so i will try to be really brief - anyway, after reinstalling drivers, beginning with the chipset, i still have no internet connection, even though my device mgr indicates that i have a working ethernet adapter. this issue came about after successfully deleting malware/trojans using malwarebytes. help! I see a previous message from you posted at 1.26 am. Is this a case where the Device Manager is showing a problem device but it still work...

DHCP Limited Connectivity error
Hi At one of my clients I have connected 2 new PC's to a SBS 2003 R2 network using the ConnectComputer wizard. For several days they have worked perfectly. Now, within an hour or so of each other, they have both lost their DHCP assigned IP addresses and will not reconnect to the network. I have checked the server and these machines are correctly registered with DHCP, WINS and DNS. There are no events relating to these problems in the Event Logs. When I reconnect the old machines using the same cabling, they receive DHCP assigned IP addresses and connect immediately. ...

Problem connecting to Hotmail using Outlook 2003
Wondering if anyone is facing the similar problem? Please see the following for the error message:- Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' This seems to happen after I installed the ActiveSync 3.7 on my PC. But it never recover even after I had removed it. Hope that someone can look into this matter. Thanks. i do have the same error as you...have you fixed it? because i'm trying to do it since 5 days ago...i'm going crazy...donne...

SP2 & OWA only IIS direct login works
I installed SP2 over the weekend and the only way to log into OWA is to go into IIS and select the Exchange folders and say browse. This will browse the Administrator account just fine, but if you try to log in as any other user it starts to load OWA but it does not look right the Fonts are wrong as well as button placement then it gets stuck saying loading and says there are errors in the page. Any ideas would be great Thanks Heith On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:39:09 -0800, "Heith" <hcook@connect-it.biz> wrote: >I installed SP2 over the weekend and the only way to lo...

Remote Desktop Connection 2.0 Beta has expired
My RDC 2.0 Beta has expired and although I am prompted to download a new Beta from the mactopia website, this version also expires on March 31 2008. Anyone know where to get renewed Beta version? Regards Craig. ...

Outlook 2003, "connection to server is offline"
Outlook 2003 (11.8010.8107) SP2 Out of the blue our Outlook is not downloading messages and produces the following error. The server is online. We use the Outlook Connector to our MSN account if that makes a difference. I say out of the blue, but we are setup to download updates automatically so it is possible an update caused the problem I suppose. "Sending and Receiving reported error 0x80040126. The operation cannot be completed because the connection to the server is offline." Any help appreciated. I did do a "Repair" on the Connector, but that did no good. Joh...

Outlook Connection error
I can not get outlook to connect to my isp i get an unable to connect to server Error#0x800ccc0e Anyone know what causes this, it has been working fine for months until now??????? ...

Add application to list when camera is connected
Hi, I'm working on a photo management application, and I want to be able to launch my application easily when I connect my digital camera to my PC. When I connect my camera to my PC, a window pops up showing that windows detected that a "camera connected". This window also has a list of applications with the heading "Select the program to launch for this option". I want to add my application to this list. My question is, how can I do this programmatically? When I install and run the application on another machine, for example, I want my application to automatically a...

How Do I Connect Note P & I Pmt Received w/ Recurring Deposit in B
I have set up an account for money I receive on 2 separate notes from the sale of a business. It amortizes the note fine, but when I enter the recurring payment I receive at the beginning of each month, there is no way I can attach that payment to the note. I can only see the "payee" (who is actually the "payor" since I'm receiving the payment) and not the Promisorry Note 1 and Promisorry Note 2 I have set up in the accounts. So I have no way of tying that monthly payment that is deposited in my checking account to the note receivable asset I have set up. Any...

error connecting to the server while send/receeive in progress
My AOL account was correctly added to Outlook, however I am trying to subscribe to other folders in my email and I am reveiving an error (0x800CCC0E) connecting to the server. How do I correct this? ...

crm sales for outlook connected to crm server
Hey, Today i installed without problems a total installation of a W2003 server included with exchange 2003 & SQL & CRM On the client i installed, also without problems the crm sales for outlook client. I made a connection to the crm server, also ok, but i donn't see anything of crm-bottons in outlook, the add-in is ok, the path to the add-in is ok, can someone tells me what maybe cause the problem ? Thanks, Rik The Add in may not have installed properly. Try to remove then add it back in. While in Outlook, remove the Microsoft CRM Outlook COM Add-In and then re-add it back ...

The Connection to Microsoft Exchange is Unavailable Outlook must b
I am running Exchange 2007 with Outlook 2007 on XP SP3. When trying to setup the Outlook client through the wizard, it finds the exchange server successfully but will not allow the mailbox to be created because authentication will not occur. I have on other pcs in the network entered the password multiple times and for some reason it takes and the profile is created. However, it continuously prompts for the password again and does not accept it. I do have other pcs that will not connect at all. Of course, the users are authenticated to the domain successfully while trying th...

Adding Employee's with E-connect 9
I am having some trouble adding employe's using Econnect 9. I recieve a "system error" which doesn't really lead me to any answers as to why I am having this issue. I was able to add customers and Sales Order transactions without a hitch. Here is a copy of both the error message as well as the code I am testing with. hopefully somebody can point me in the right direction. Thanks Error message System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was unhandled Class=16 ErrorCode=-2146232060 LineNumber=0 Message="System error." Number=201 Procedure="taCreateEmplo...

problem with Outlook making a network connection?
Good afternoon! I have not seen this one before, but it is happening. Here are the details (brief): *Client has e-mail hosted off-site (horrible company, moving to Exchange in the summer)...hosting party just moved the mailboxes from an overtaxed server that was causing a lot of problems to another server this passed weekend. *We have updated the host 'mail' record in the FLZ on the internal DNS Servers in this environment to reflect the change in IP Address (from xxx.xxx.xxx.26 to xxx.xxx.xxx.21). *all users in the environment are using Outlook 2003 SP2 running on Windows XP...

outlook 2003 connecting to exchange server remotely
We're moving our laptop users to OL 2003 and I'm setting up the accounts to point to our exchange server in cached exchange mode but when I dialup off our lan I can't seem to get it to connect. Any ideas? What happens, exactly? Are there error messages? When dialed-in, can you ping the Exchange Server? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "brain_fart" <williamson_dickie@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:39e401c40151$8cf7b800$a601280...

Outlook 2003 not being updated when showing as connected
One notebook user on a SBS2000 network (using exchange 2000) has been upgraded to outlook 2003. All seemed well for a month and then mysteriously last week outlook messages stopped being updated. In the bottom right of outlook it shows as "Connected" but instead of showing the "All folders are up to date" message the time the folder was last updated is displayed and no new messages are sent or received. To get mail the user has to go offline and then do a manual send/receive. Has anyone any idea what has happened and how I fix? Thanks Paul ...

Can't read Status of Network Connection
Start | Network connections. Select the nic card. Right click, select Status, and nothing happens. The nic is working OK, I can Disable it, enable it, repair it, but I can't read the Status of it. I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling it in device manager. Any ideas how to fix it so I can read the status? cornedbeef007-groups@yahoo.com.au wrote: > Start | Network connections. > Select the nic card. > Right click, select Status, and nothing happens. > > The nic is working OK, I can Disable it, enable it, repair it, but I > can't read the Status o...

Can't get Outlook 2K3 to connect with RPC over HTTPS
Hi all, I am pulling my hair out now. I have followed, to the letter, the steps in article 833401, but I cannot get the Outlook 2K3 client on my laptop to connect to the Exchange server with RPC over HTTP. My server configuration is Windows SBS 2K3, and I have allowed Outlook over the Internet in the ICEW, but it still will not work. The client is XP with SP2 installed, all patches have been applied for Office 2003 as well. I think the problem is on the client side, when I run the outlook /rpcdiag command the CONN column never shows RPC over HTTP. Also looking in the registry on th...

Connect to the internet with word
My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and want to you use the "Look-up" feature it says I'm not connect, I am however connected to the internet but Word doesn't recognize it... any help?? Could it be that your firewall is blocking Word from accessing internet? Yves "BennyCaleny" <BennyCaleny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC4EAB82-773B-47C3-A004-D3494ABF90AF@microsoft.com... > My computer runs fine and everything, but when I'm typing on word and want > to > you use the "Look-...

Connecting To IIS Newsfeed
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005A_01C61B81.C90C1060 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I have a problem getting my exchange server (SBS 2003) to retrieve news = articles from a windows 2003 server. (standard IIS NNTP service). I created a feed on the server, pointed it to my windows server, set the = date to retrieve articles from to 2000/01/01. I get an event in the log that it ran okay, newsgroup public folders = were created for the newsgroups, but no articles. I set the age lim...

HOw to find who connected to database at what time
I am still on SQL Server 2000. I know Oracle pretty well but learning SQL Server. In Oracle there is a listere log which shows who made databas econnection at what time. Is there something similar in SQL Server. See if this gives you what you need: EXEC sp_who2 -- HTH Kalen ---------------------------------------- Kalen Delaney SQL Server MVP www.SQLServerInternals.com "Prem Mehrotra" <PremMehrotra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5911D7A-4D65-4398-A228-7ADD37CE02E7@microsoft.com... > I am still on SQL Server 2000. I know Oracle pr...

Server 2000 not connecting Home Directory
I have Dell XP sp3 laptops connected to a Windows 2000 server domain with Active directory. Most of the time when users log in to the system using a wireless connection, they lose their home directory which I have set up for them. I set up the home dirictory in their profiles, I do not have them in log in scripts. It does not appear to be switch related the disconnects are random. I can remap the drive and it will connect back to their folder. Also if i connect them using ethernet cable I can get the network folder to connect almost every time. Neither of these is a workable soluti...