Connect to Exchange using http keeps checking itself

Running Exchange 2007,  I have one user in our office who occasionally will
have their Outlook 2007 check the connect to Microsoft Exchange using HTTP
box and then the Only Connect to proxy servers that have this principal name
in their certificate.  We use a certificate just one you can create
yourself, we don't have issues with other people who use the certificate to
connect with outlook from their homes but when in the office this user
occasionally will have outlook check this for him.  He unchecks the area and
it works for awhile but eventually it returns.

Any help would be appreciated.

3
rmwatrich

Exchange 2007 and Antivirus
Hi! I'm running a small server wich is a x64 machine, with W2K3 R2 and Exchange Server 2007 installed. Since it's for a small and medium business, my client a bit tight on budget. What are the most suitable (and affordable) Antivirus solutions (no Anti Spam feature required) available on the market? (beware: it's a 64 bits machine) Help appreciated. Nicolas Hi Nick, Most of the antivirus do support 64 bit. What we will suggest, why not you look into Microsoft Forefront? Cheers "Nicolas Macarez" wrote: > Hi! > I'm running a small server wich is a x64 mac...

RSS Feed of Exchange Resource Calendar...
Has anyone heard of, or figured out a way to produce an RSS feed from a resource calendar? We are looking to use this as a feed to our Digital Signage solution. Thank you in advance! Brad -- Bradley Johnson Systems Engineer Parallel Technologies Minneapolis, MN ...

CRM Exchange Router 05-26-06
Hello, I am using CRM 3.0 and installed router services on exchange 2003 machine. During installation of router i had created crm@domain.com user in AD and added to crm mailbox now i want to deploy rule so that router sends incoming mails on support@domain.com to CRM (and creates activity in crm) Can anybody guide me, how can i acheive this? I will appreciate any help :-) thanx & regards, Here you go: 1. Settings >> Business Units >> Queues >> create a Queue with email matching support@domain.com 2. Perform the Microsoft CRM Rule Deployment wizard on the Que...

Icon not set using MFC AppWizard
I create an application called "Test" with the MFC AppWizard. I uncheck "document/view architecture" in the wizard dialog. After the wizard generates my source files, I immediately compile. Although it created Test.ico in my resources, it does not show up in the upper left corner of my main application window. Does anyone know why? If I go through the above steps and select "document/view architecture", then it works as expected. What is the difference? Did you associate test.ico with the resource ID IDR_MAINFRAME? Did you draw both the 32x32 and 16x16 ve...

With Microsoft FAX Nearly One Minute Delay between Using Print
With Windows Messaging and Microsoft Fax under Win 98 SE, when I printed a document to Microsoft Fax, the fax wizard would start a few seconds after I said print. I installed Outlook 2000. With it, there seems to be a consistent nearly one minute delay between when I say print and the fax wizard starts. If Outlook is running, there is no delay. The osa9.exe program doesn't make any difference. Needless to say, this is an annoyance, having to go through two steps, start Outlook and then print, rather than simply printing. Does anyone know of a way to make Outlook 2000 work like Messag...

Excel 97-remove link but keep data
Hi guys, I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and remove the linked reference from showing in the current s/s. Any ideas how to do this instead of me changing each linked reference? Thanks in advance! search for .xls or [ or ] to see if you can find the formulas that contain links to other workbooks. Van wrote: > > Hi guys, > > I have a pre-existing excel 97 s/s which has links to other s/s's. I would > like to keep the data only (like paste-special, values) and rem...

How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live dat
How can I pre-filter a table that is used in a query in a live database? I have about 47 queries (SQL text in a memo field in a table) that all reference a few tables in the same database. I would like to limit the table’s data instead of re-writing all the queries to include further criteria. The queries are very complex and it is not desirable to re-write the queries and use parameters. This database is live on an ASP.NET web page and there may be multiple people viewing the reports which are using these queries. Since there are multiple users I can not simply copy the tables into ...

using "voice" in Win 7 w/ Win 2008 R2
I have a script that I run during logon and a different one at logoff. the drive mapping part of the script works just fine. But the voice part doesn't. Now, If I copy the script from the network and run it locally, it'll run the voice part. Any ideas? I've removed the drive mapping for security purposes. Dim WSHNetwork Set WSHNetwork = CreateObject("WScript.Network") 'Grab the user name UserString = WSHNetwork.UserName 'Speech add on (make your pc say hello to you) '-------------------------------------------- Dim HourNow, Gre...

Using Excel 2000 as Data source for Word 2000 document
Problem using Mail Merge using Word 2000 & Excel 2000. After numerous problems - Word failed to connect to Data Souce file then it would & then it wouldn't and so on - reasons which are unknown! The 106 records in 19 fields from the Excel Data Source are only transferring the information for the first 104 records. I am looking to add further records but obviously need to overcome this problem. Hi Malcolm- Obvious, perhaps, but are you certain that the records are in consecutive rows & no vacant columns separating the fields of data? Does the data range contain any Merge...

VB.Net question on using the XML DOM (xmldocument)
I am about to go bonkers trying to figure this out -- So here goes Currently I am building an xml document and have no problem building the document with one namespace designation using the DOM. Here is a snip-it of what I have <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List"> <Template> <ID>Template_FFF4887BC8B4E98F85256EE60061576A</ID> I can’t figure out how to add a secondary xmlns reference that will look like this. <vl:VNETList xmlns:vl="http://www.1234.com/VNET/List" xmlns="http://www.5678.com/VNET/eiwm"> <Templ...

Because the Exchange MTA is disabled, the store driver...
I suddenly have a huge problem on my exchange 2003 (running on SBS). Trying to fix the not running Exchange MTA (Bad ideer, is it was ok in the not running state DOH) service I uninstalled the SMTP service, and reinstalled it! The result of that was a smashed Exchange server. Now I can't get it to relay for any of my domains anymore, and everytime someone send an email, the Event log on my server will tell me that It cant deliver the Email because the Exchange MTA service is not running. Could you please help me get it back up and running, or at least give me some clues ...

How keep chart-datapoints displayed when column-width is set to zero
Hello there, my data basis for a chart has one column, that I don't want to be shown in the spreadsheet. However, when I set this column's width to zero, the correspondig data dissapear from the chart. How can I have both, a hidden column and its values shown in the chart at the same time ? Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H.G. - Select the chart, then select Options from the Tools menu, click on the Chart tab, and UNcheck the Plot Visible Cells Only checkbox. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/index.html _______ hglamy wrote: &...

Charting software: what does The Economist use?
Any clue of what software the people at The Economist uses to create charts? I=92m wondering whether there is some software out there better than MS Excel that would give better control without the onerous workarounds. You can do pretty well with Excel, and the "onerous" workarounds aren't too bad once you've become familiar with them. They are generally a bit more onerous in 2007. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/2008/05/30/magazine-quality-chart-economist/ - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - ...

Exchange 5.5 Backup problem with Arcserve Backup v9
I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with exchange 5.5 sp4. The base product was installed on the backup server (win2k) with the tape drive. I scheduled a backup on the backup server, to backup the Exchange 5.5 server. It failed with error message: "Invaild username or password was submitted". I was not prompted for username or password when scheduling the backup job. Any idea will be appreciated. WS wrote: > I just installed Arcserve Backup Agent for Exchange on my NT sp6 with > exchange 5.5 sp4. > The base product was installed on the backu...

Signature option disappears when using word as e-mail editor
Hello, I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. Any advice? Thanks! Jeff Jeff Brooks-Manas wrote: > Hello, > > I've got a weird problem. When I try to use word as my e-mail editor, > I lose the ability to add signature. As soon as I check the box to > use word as my e-mail editor, the signatures buttons are greyed out. > > Any advice? > > Thanks! > > Jeff The signature option within ...

Spinning off a division into a new company
Our company recently sold off one of our divisions. My supervisor wants us to take one of our stand-alone Exchange servers, move all the mailboxes from that division from the cluster to the stand-alone server, and then break the network connection between the stand-alone Exchagne server and the rest of the Exchange environment. As a part of this, a similar thing will be done with AD. 2 weeks later, this "child" domain will be migrated into the new company AD/Exchange structure. My question is whether this will work. I would prefer to set up a new domain and just migrate t...

Exchange 2003 MTA pooling
Is it possible to setup Exchange 2003 to perform pooling when sending messages out via X.400? So for example, if I have 4 X.400 connectors with the same address space that go to different external MTAs, can I set the cost to 1 on all the connectors and Exchange will decide which connector to use? What are you connecting to on the remote side - Routing Groups within the same Org or external MTAs to external messaging systems? If it's the former (connecting Routing Groups), no true load-balancing (assume that's what you mean by "pooling") is performed between X.400 Conne...

Exchange 5.5 in AD question
Hello all- Running exch 5.5 sp4 on a windows 2000 server in a NT 4 domain - one site, one server - about 650 mailboxes - 40GB IS - works perfectly. My goals for 07 are: Upgrade domain to AD Upgrade 5.5 to 2000 Upgrade 2000 to 2003 My thought process is that I really would rather do in-place upgrades, and it seems like I can if I follow that patter (I know you can't go in-place from 5.5 to 2000). My question is about the first step. I know that in mixed-mode AD, the exchange 5.5 box will 'think' it's in a legacy NT4 domain. On the weekend that I upgrade the domain t...

Automatically open different workbooks depending on user account used.
There are two userrs on the same computer. When user 1 opens Excel, I'd like oen workbook to automatically open. When user2 opens Excel, I'd like a diffferent workbook to automatically open. Is this possible? (Each user logs into Windows usning their uuser account.) The computer is running windows XP pro and Excel 2007. Thanks, Something like this might work for you. This is untested. Post back if this doesn't work for you. Place the following macro in the ThisWorkbook module. You would need to change ThePath to your real path, the user account names for Joe and Bill...

Use Excel to update Outlook address book
hi all... Is there a way to update outlook address book using excel? Is there a macro available for it? Thank you for your answers Mike ...

want to use ranges from seperate
i have name ranges on one sheet, the new sheet has the same ranges but are shifted and dont match up with the ranges, i want to move the ranges on the 2nd sheet so i can use the name ranges on the first and have them match up jason -- noodlehead777 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ noodlehead777's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29283 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=490450 Try, <Insert> <Name> <Define> And click on the range name in the big window, Then...

Domino and Exchange 2003 SMTP How do you run both at the same time ?
Currently my company is migrating from Lotus Notes (ver 5.010) to Exchange 2003 Server. I had the mx record for our domain changed to add the new exchange server and the priority is set the same as the notes server. I set it up this way because I was told that e-mail would check both servers and would go to the server which the user had an e-mail account on. I was trying to make migration easier by being able to move people to the new server in small groups instead of causing mass confusion and un-controlled anger at their favorite MIS guy... What happens is the exchange server sends a bounc...

exchange 5.5 fail to start error 1002 and 1166 MsexchangeDS
HELLO; Today my server get down ; i restart the server ; now i have this error: Source: MSExchangeDS Event ID: 1166 Description: "Error -1911 has occurred. Internal ID 2030148" i try to put again the sp4 of exchange5.5 ; but it don't want ; when i do eseutil /hm on the pub.edb ; priv.edb and dir.edb i have the word "inconsistent" ; what do you think i must do now? thanks run isinteg or restore from backup... "Marvin P. Winterbottom" <MarvinPWinterbottom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E822579-41A4-43F6-808B-9065854BED1B@microsoft...

Problems with MFC using CAsyncSocket::
Snippet from my code. Being a client connected to a Server, I have 3 member functions below to use. OnClose, OnConnect and OnReceive. If I were to loose the connection to the server I have no knowledge of it. Any ideas, how I can get notified when I loose my connection to the Server? Also, when I poll the "sock.m_SockStatus" it doesn't give me an error as well. Beging a newbie at this, any help is surely appreciated. Thanks! JT //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// / // mysock member functions void mysock::OnClose(int nErrorCode) { ...

Can I e-mail only one worksheet in a workbook using MSN Hotmail?