confusing licensing

I currently have SBS 4.5 (NT4.0 & Exchange 5.5).  I want to upgrade to a new exchange server as well as a directory server.  I have about 75 users.

Do I need to have a 75-user license for Windows Server and exchange on my exchange server as well as 75-user license on the directory server?

Office 2004 license upgrade from single to three
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi, I have a single lic of Office 2004. I have one on my laptop and one on my desktop. I got a new laptop so I moved the old one to home. Now at home I have a desktop and laptop connected via airport. When I start Office on one and the other is on I get a lic error. Makes sense since they are both on now, as compared to before when I only used one at a time. Question: How can I upgrade the lic to have three machines running Office 2004 without upgrading to Office 2008 ? Hi Trey - AFAIK there is no way to "upgr...

Download a purchased license of Office 2008 for Mac on Macbook Air
I purchased student edition of Office 2008 for Mac for my son. He has no external harddrive to install the DVD. Can he install the product from the web with the part number on the DVD? Thanks for advice. On 7/15/08 3:53 PM, in article 4D1114AD-1FB6-421A-946B-D97AFE5E705F@microsoft.com, "MacMom" <MacMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I purchased student edition of Office 2008 for Mac for my son. He has no > external harddrive to install the DVD. Can he install the product from the > web with the part number on the DVD? Thanks for advice. I assume he...

Box Plot--Very confused. Can someone help me?
I am in a beginning Statistics class and one of the questions I am working with requires me to create a box plot from a randomly created list of numbers with a positive (and negative) skew. I have found information on the Box Plot online but nowhere am I able to find info on how to create it. I have Excel 2003. Does anyone have any ideas? I am at a complete loss. Thank you. Jon Peltier has an example of how to build a box plot on his site - hopefully will help: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BoxWhiskerV.html -- John Mansfield "Colleen" wrote: > I am in a be...

Date vs h:mm:ss confusion
I have a table of approx 120 cells which contain what is supposed to be a number of hours:mins:secs but in the formula bar a date and time is shown. Example - cell shows 15:31:49. Formula is shown as 06/01/1900 07:31:49 . Cells are formatted as custom (h):mm:ss and copy/paste-special - value throws up the result 6.31376157407407 The data forms part of an exercise to graphically illustrate the number of minutes different departments spent on the phone each month using the billing spreadsheets supplied by the telephone company and I need to convert what is in each cell to a meaningful...

Product licensing
Can anyone recommend a simple to use, cheap product license component that I could download and easily integrate into my MFC application. I don't know how "cheap" you want, but you may want to take a look at this one: http://www.agilis-sw.com/ezlm/faqanswers.htm#faqwhat Tom "GT" <ContactGT@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:455c6d70$0$17990$9a6e19ea@unlimited.newshosting.com... > Can anyone recommend a simple to use, cheap product license component that > I could download and easily integrate into my MFC application. > ...

licensing #2
I own the full versions of mac office 2004, and want to purchase a laptop for my home base business for when I travel - maybe 4 times a year. Do I have to purchase another full versions of this, or can I use the same osftware on my laptop as well, as long as both computers are not running at the same time? In article <1193669909.062550.272020@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>, dtressler@conceptoneinc.com wrote: > I own the full versions of mac office 2004, and want to purchase a > laptop for my home base business for when I travel - maybe 4 times a > year. Do I have to purchas...

new server and licenses question
Well I thought I had this down... I am getting a new server for our company and have approved for a nice Dell t610 and got it put together for around $3800.. Then I started adding the licenses for SBS 2008 premium . Wow am I confused. We have been using sbs 2003 in 2 different locations and everyone is happy. However we are combining 2 companies and putting them together in a single building and combine into one server network. We will have 21 users 10 of these will use Quickbooks Enterprise and if possible will use with SQL that I thought I would get with the premium license. We h...

Problem Adding License in CRM 3.0
We have purchased 2 licenses for CRM Professional and I have added one of them fine. The only odd thing is that after adding this license I have lost the users snap-in in the deployment manager. I have tryed adding the second license but is coming up with adding license failed - please check event log. ( All attempts have been logged in with administrator which is the same user that installed CRM!) I have then checked the event log to find that it is coming up with event ID : 17160 IsCRMSysAdmin : WhoAmI Failed Is there anything I can do to add this license as it is rather urgent. I am...

License gives MS access to your account names, transactions, etc??
I just read the EULA on my new copy of Money 2006 and noticed a clause that reads "These features send to Microsoft information which may include, but is not limited to, account names, financial transactions, payees, budget limits and alert settings. By using these features, you consent to Microsoft’s collection of this information. Examples of these Internet-Based Services are Accounts, Bills, and Budget." WHAT???!!!! I realize that this is probably required in order to support the synchronization and web access to your account in Money and other things but it was still...

MSChart Problem
Hello, I'm using MsChart control in my MFC application. I wish to know that if there is some runtime license for this control. I tried to execute the code onto a machine where Visual Studio was'nt installed. The application failed to create the control? I put there everything I found using dependency walker(.ocx file). May be i need to include some extra files to my distrubution? Please help, Gaurav ...

Tally The award winning accounting software full with license Keys
Tally The award winning accounting software full with license Keys Tally was the first program for account purpose use madein 1995 tally1.2 then it has noew been developed to tally 7.2 download it tally 7.2 full with patch splitted downloads [code] http://rapidshare.de/files/27303261/create.TALLY7_Full_with_crack.rar.4.exe http://rapidshare.de/files/27303599/TALLY7_Full_with_crack.rar.0 http://rapidshare.de/files/27303972/TALLY7_Full_with_crack.rar.1 http://rapidshare.de/files/27304280/TALLY7_Full_with_crack.rar.2 http://rapidshare.de/files/27304663/TALLY7_Full_with_crack.rar.3[/code] sing...

Licenses 11-18-05
Can you please give me detailed instructions on how to remove licenses from former employees? Exactly where do I access the ability to remove those licenses? We have already disabled them from the Admin. tools in windows 2000 but still aren't able to use those previously assigned licences. Thank you You need to do this from the CRM web UI, not Active Directory. (Do not delete the users in AD until you know you have correctly followed the instructions to remove the user from CRM or you will not be able to get the license back without MBS's involvement). In the CRM web UI, lo...

Windows identity getting confused between users
We are observing some strange behaviour in our web server logs where where the Identity of the currently logged in user seems to be getting swapped with another user. I will describe our set up before explaining further. We are running an asp.net web site (v3.5 of the framework) on 2 Windows 2008 web servers and use forms authentication.They are load balanced using a separate server running Apache 2.2 on Linux (Cent OS 5). The load balancing simply attaches a cookie to a user and directs them to a particular server for each subsequent request. We notice on occasion patterns i...

REALLY CONFUSED!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP
I just upgraded to money essential. I was using Money 2003. I love it way better than quicken. Anyway, I typed in my bank account balance during setup. Then I started putting in things that haven't cleared yet. They were small amounts under 10 dollars. Well when I went to test it out by clicking the box that says cleared transactions, it would give me more money in my account?? In the top right corner the account summary says: Bank Balance N/A Adjustments Gives me an amount Adjusted Balance N/A WHy is this? I wish I knew how to do a screen shot. It is hard to explain. ...

City limits and license fees
Does anyone have a suggestion for tracking sales to specific customers that live within a certain city limits. We do delivery into these places and the cities want to know what our revenues were for these sales at the end of the year so we can then determinine the license renewal fee that needs to be paid. We use global customers so it seems categorization (Additional information) is not an option. You can't even run a report of sales to a specific zip code. At least I couldn't figure one out. Any thoughts are appreciated. Are you listening Microsoft? ...

Windows Contacts / Windows Live Contacts confusion
Sorry I know that this has probably been treated often but it confuses me however. Only a few days ago i have been forced to switch to Windows Live Mail, after having used Windows Mail in Windows7 for a while (there is a way of importing windows Mail into Windows7). I now have two different contact systems. 1. the c:\users\MyName\Contacts folder (in my German version this is called "Kontakte") 2. The Windows Live Mail contact system that integrates directly into Windows Live Mail. It seems that these two do not synchronize and can someone tell me which in ...

About licensing
Hi there! When a Company has some users who work with Sales licenses, others with Service licenses and others with Suite licenses, it must buy all three modules for the server as well? Or it is OK if they buy the Suite module for the server? At least I know from experience that the system works fine with the Suite Module for the server, but are they obliged by Microsoft to buy all three modules? Thank you, Elena You should only have to buy the Suite server. -- Alex Simons Director of Program Management Microsoft CRM ------------------------- This posting is provided "AS IS&q...

Sales license and Cases question
Hi there! I have a User with a single Sales license. It seems that he can see the Cases under an Account and he can receive activities regarding Cases, but cannot Complete them. Does it makes sense? How "far" a Sales user can go with Cases? Thanks a lot, Elena Verify the roles >-----Original Message----- >Hi there! >I have a User with a single Sales license. It seems that he can see the >Cases under an Account and he can receive activities regarding Cases, but >cannot Complete them. Does it makes sense? How "far" a Sales user can go >with Cases? ...

Confusion RE: Transport Security Layer
Can someone please help me understand TSL? As I understand it, it an encryption method for securing data across the internet. My question is how does this apply to Exchange 2K3. I see the option in the Virtual SMTP server but I'm not sure what happens if I turn it on. For example, do I need to open up a different set of ports in my firewall? How do I set up the client? Do I need to setup some sort of certificate to use TSL? Lastly what does something like Iron Mail (http://www.ironmail.com/) provide that Exchange doesn't in regards to TSL? TIA -- Rob Rob, TLS does re...

Licensing stuff..runing Exch2K3 on one server OWA on another
I'd like some clarification if anyone is able to provide. I didn't see a 'licensing' specific forum which would be a convenient consideration. We're currently running on Exch5.5 and are aware of desupport in the near future. We're considering the purchase of Exchange 2K3 and discovered that we need to swallow the cost of the old Exchange CALs and purchase new ones in order to use 2K3. A bitter subject. The other question was the licensing requirements for having Exchange2K3 as our back-end server and running OWA on a DMZ server. From the sounds of it we wo...

My computer is br-down, may I use Office 2007 license other comput
I have a license of Office 2007 that I bought a year ago and my computer is brake down, how to install this license in my new computer? Yes you can unless your copy of Office 2007 came with your Pc/Laptop in which case you may have problems activating it. However, rules are made to be broken and so you can always install and try to activate online and if it fails, there is always a telephone method. hth "Maritza Gonzalez" <Maritza Gonzalez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A65ED644-2886-4957-8854-0379A1CCD3C5@microsoft.com... >I have a lic...

First Name Last Name Confusion
In Outlook 2003, if I create a new contact and click the 'Full Name' button I can enter the details in the 'Check Full Name' form as first 'john' and last 'smith'. But on closing the form the Full Name is shown incorrectly as Mr. Smith John. 'File As' is shown correctly as Smith, John. Anyone any idea what is causing this? DAvy <FullName Order> is a separate setting from <FileAs> - go into Contact Options settings and adjust accordingly (the setting will apply to new contacts - not pre-existing ones) Karl ___________________________...

Scheduling confusion
I have a client who is creating appointment items which when accepted by the invitees, cc's two other specific individuals who were not orginally included in the invite. For the life of me I can't figure out why. They are using Outlook 2000 in conjunction with Exchange Server 5.5. Any ideas anyone? Thanks in advance. ...

Installing new license wont work
hello; We received our working licenses and had to uninstall which went fine (or so I think) and re-install the whole crm deployment in order to change the organization name... installing goes fine for a long amount of time then at the very end I get the following error.. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 6 times!!! please help! here is the error Setup Was unable To install Microsoft CRM SErver Setup Was unable To Provision your organization Setup Was unable To create the root business Unknown Error 80041D2a thanks in advance. p.s. running crm server on windows 2003 and database server is ...

How to make Picture Manager license agreement disappear?
Every single time I open Picture Manager, the license agmt. pops up asking me to accept or decline. I've tried all options (accept, decline, print) on that screen, but it will still pop up every time the program is opened. Not a major problem, just annoying. If anyone has any ideas on how to make it stop popping up, I'd appreciate. BTW, my version of Word (2007) is good/registered version, so it should't have anything to do with registration, I don't think. Thanks lots! Sabrina ...