configuring outlook for exchange server 2--3

When adding an exchange server to outlook, outlook cannot contact the
exchange server by dns name or by ip address, yet from the command prompt the
pc can ping the ip address and and resolve the dns name of the exchange
server.

The error message says that outlook could not resolve the address.  Have
tried reinstalling outlook 2003, no difference.

This is not common to all PCs, which are all 2k sp4.  It is not a mailbox
problem!

Any ideas??

You've established that it is not the server so it must be the client. Any
AV with port blocking rules? This would explain the ping and name resolution
but no ability to connect to the Exchange server.

Nue

"NJ Hornby B.Eng.(Hons) MIEE CCNa"
<NJHornbyBEngHonsMIEECCNa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When adding an exchange server to outlook, outlook cannot contact the
> exchange server by dns name or by ip address, yet from the command prompt
> the
> pc can ping the ip address and and resolve the dns name of the exchange
> server.
>
> The error message says that outlook could not resolve the address.  Have
> tried reinstalling outlook 2003, no difference.
>
> This is not common to all PCs, which are all 2k sp4.  It is not a mailbox
> problem!
>
> Any ideas??

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Crystal Reports not showing in 3.0
We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We can now click on reports without getting an error message. However, there are no reports displaying. Is there some additional setup that we need to do? I understand there is supposed to be like 150 canned reports. Where are they? Please help! Can anyone tell me how the canned reports get installed and where they are located? What database? "Barbi Dorin" wrote: > We've installed CRM 3.0 and finally got the SQL Reporting Service working. We > can now click on reports without getting an ...

Exchange database is corrupted
so our exchange database is apparently corrupted... We don't have enough disk space on the drive in order to do any type of repair/defrag on the database, so we are pretty much screwed right now my question is, if we just delete the database, will all the clients computers re-sync with the exchange server and repopulate the database. Terrible idea i know, but desperate times, call on desperate measures. uh...what version of Exchange? I wouldn't recommend deleting the database/s just yet...if a defrag might help, you can always redirect the temp file to a networked drive wit...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Exchange update problem

pop3 #3
My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so i cant receive or send e-mail!!! HELP!! How do i fix this problem? I've tried calling Dell and Microsoft and have waited hours on the phone and have not gotten any assistance! Who is your ISP/mail host? Seems like you might want to contact them for support. I presume you can get to the Internet just fine.... rose wrote: > My outlook express hasnt been working since I got my new > Dell computer. It says that the "POP3" isnt connected so > i ca...

Crash on 'Send"

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2