Event ID: 2028
Date:  08/07/04
Time:  2:36:56 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: APOLLO
The delivery of a message sent by public folder NDR
NOTIFICATIONS227406224D7E7D4E26D0C5A3D1DD7EA40A5CCA has failed.
 To: 'notavaliduser@ebop.govt.nz'

 The non-delivery report has been deleted.

Why does it say 'message sent by public folder' when it has not received it
yet.

I've had diagnostic logging turned on MSExchange Transport and
MSExchangeIS\Public and Private. Nothing specific when a NDR is raised.

Only this event id:2028 that refers to the Public Folder.

I also tested by trying to forward to another PF, but get the same error.
The only time it works is when you have a client side rule on the mailbox to
copy messages to PF. But this requires the Mailbox to run always. The PF is
not moderated either. Created new.

Thanks

0
rajia1 (40)

Non-Delivery Reports to a Public Folder is not supported. Ihave tried to found out why but havn�t come up with anything.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817220

Jamelia

"Raji Arulambalam" <rajia@ebopremove-megovt.nz> wrote in message news:eIXNY1JZEHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
Hi

Using Exchange Server 2003.

I created a 'postmaster' mailbox that receives NDRs and then set it so that
it forwards it to another address which is a mail enabled public folder.

I get this error in the event viewer.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
Event Category: Transport Delivering
Event ID: 2028
Date:  08/07/04
Time:  2:36:56 PM
 To: 'notavaliduser@ebop.govt.nz'

 The non-delivery report has been deleted.

Why does it say 'message sent by public folder' when it has not received it
yet.

I've had diagnostic logging turned on MSExchange Transport and
MSExchangeIS\Public and Private. Nothing specific when a NDR is raised.

Only this event id:2028 that refers to the Public Folder.

I also tested by trying to forward to another PF, but get the same error.
The only time it works is when you have a client side rule on the mailbox to
copy messages to PF. But this requires the Mailbox to run always. The PF is
not moderated either. Created new.

Thanks

0
Jamelia (35)
7/11/2004 4:14:29 PM
Might try the reg key in KB 812806. It's not a supported config
though.

In the last exciting episode, "Jamelia"
<Jamelia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Non-Delivery Reports to a Public Folder is not supported. Ihave tried to found out why but havn�t come up with anything.
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817220
>
>Jamelia
>

>"Raji Arulambalam" <rajia@ebopremove-megovt.nz> wrote in message news:eIXNY1JZEHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>Hi
>
>Using Exchange Server 2003.
>
>I created a 'postmaster' mailbox that receives NDRs and then set it so that
>it forwards it to another address which is a mail enabled public folder.
>
>I get this error in the event viewer.
>
>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
>Event Category: Transport Delivering
>Event ID: 2028
>Date:  08/07/04
>Time:  2:36:56 PM
>User:  N/A
>Computer: APOLLO
>The delivery of a message sent by public folder NDR
>NOTIFICATIONS227406224D7E7D4E26D0C5A3D1DD7EA40A5CCA has failed.
> To: 'notavaliduser@ebop.govt.nz'
>
> The non-delivery report has been deleted.
>
>Why does it say 'message sent by public folder' when it has not received it
>yet.
>
>I've had diagnostic logging turned on MSExchange Transport and
>MSExchangeIS\Public and Private. Nothing specific when a NDR is raised.
>
>Only this event id:2028 that refers to the Public Folder.
>
>I also tested by trying to forward to another PF, but get the same error.
>The only time it works is when you have a client side rule on the mailbox to
>copy messages to PF. But this requires the Mailbox to run always. The PF is
>not moderated either. Created new.
>
>Thanks

Thank you Chris for your reply!
I added the reg key to my server and got NDR delivered to a Public Folder. Can you tell us why its not supported?

Jamelia

"Chris Scharff [MVP]" <puevf_fpuness@znvy-erfbheprf.pbz> wrote in message news:5bq2f09lesp53o6r5gdtrbkckacbksnu87@4ax.com...

Might try the reg key in KB 812806. It's not a supported config
though.

In the last exciting episode, "Jamelia"
<Jamelia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Non-Delivery Reports to a Public Folder is not supported. Ihave tried to found out why but havn�t come up with anything.
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817220
>
>Jamelia
>

>"Raji Arulambalam" <rajia@ebopremove-megovt.nz> wrote in message news:eIXNY1JZEHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>Hi
>
>Using Exchange Server 2003.
>
>I created a 'postmaster' mailbox that receives NDRs and then set it so that
>it forwards it to another address which is a mail enabled public folder.
>
>I get this error in the event viewer.
>
>Event Type: Error
>Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
>Event Category: Transport Delivering
>Event ID: 2028
>Date:  08/07/04
>Time:  2:36:56 PM
>User:  N/A
>Computer: APOLLO
>The delivery of a message sent by public folder NDR
>NOTIFICATIONS227406224D7E7D4E26D0C5A3D1DD7EA40A5CCA has failed.
> To: 'notavaliduser@ebop.govt.nz'
>
> The non-delivery report has been deleted.
>
>Why does it say 'message sent by public folder' when it has not received it
>yet.
>
>I've had diagnostic logging turned on MSExchange Transport and
>MSExchangeIS\Public and Private. Nothing specific when a NDR is raised.
>
>Only this event id:2028 that refers to the Public Folder.
>
>I also tested by trying to forward to another PF, but get the same error.
>The only time it works is when you have a client side rule on the mailbox to
>copy messages to PF. But this requires the Mailbox to run always. The PF is
>not moderated either. Created new.
>
>Thanks

0
Jamelia (35)
7/12/2004 11:48:39 PM
Hi Jamelia

Is the NDR directed directly to the PF or via a MB.?

RajiA

"Jamelia" <Jamelia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thank you Chris for your reply!
> I added the reg key to my server and got NDR delivered to a Public Folder.
Can you tell us why its not supported?

> Jamelia
>

> "Chris Scharff [MVP]" <puevf_fpuness@znvy-erfbheprf.pbz> wrote in message
>
> Might try the reg key in KB 812806. It's not a supported config
> though.
>
> In the last exciting episode, "Jamelia"
> <Jamelia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Non-Delivery Reports to a Public Folder is not supported. Ihave tried to
found out why but havn�t come up with anything.
> >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;817220
> >
> >Jamelia
> >

> >"Raji Arulambalam" <rajia@ebopremove-megovt.nz> wrote in message
> >Hi
> >
> >Using Exchange Server 2003.
> >
> >I created a 'postmaster' mailbox that receives NDRs and then set it so
that
> >it forwards it to another address which is a mail enabled public folder.
> >
> >I get this error in the event viewer.
> >
> >Event Type: Error
> >Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store
> >Event Category: Transport Delivering
> >Event ID: 2028
> >Date:  08/07/04
> >Time:  2:36:56 PM
> >User:  N/A
> >Computer: APOLLO
> >The delivery of a message sent by public folder NDR
> >NOTIFICATIONS227406224D7E7D4E26D0C5A3D1DD7EA40A5CCA has failed.
> > To: 'notavaliduser@ebop.govt.nz'
> >
> > The non-delivery report has been deleted.
> >
> >Why does it say 'message sent by public folder' when it has not received
it
> >yet.
> >
> >I've had diagnostic logging turned on MSExchange Transport and
> >MSExchangeIS\Public and Private. Nothing specific when a NDR is raised.
> >
> >Only this event id:2028 that refers to the Public Folder.
> >
> >I also tested by trying to forward to another PF, but get the same error.
> >The only time it works is when you have a client side rule on the mailbox
> >copy messages to PF. But this requires the Mailbox to run always. The PF
is
> >not moderated either. Created new.
> >
> >Thanks

0
rajia1 (40)
7/13/2004 1:59:49 AM
In the last exciting episode, "Jamelia"
<Jamelia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thank you Chris for your reply!
>I added the reg key to my server and got NDR delivered to a Public Folder. Can you tell us why its not supported?

because as far as I know there's no official documentation saying this
is the way to get that to work. In the past (all previous versions of
Exchange) delivering an NDR to a PF has not been supported. That this
reg key allows this to happen today, is a nice benefit to you but
Microsoft has made no statement that this is what the key is for or
that it will be available (or do exactly the same thing) in the
future. So if it breaks tomorrow, calling PSS and saying 'but it used
to work' will garner sympathy but no solution.

--
Chris Scharff
MessageOne

-- ROT13 for valid SMTP address --

Folders in Contacts
Hey all, I have several folders in the 'Contacts' folder, mainly to organize and group them. Is there any way I can get these to show when I click the 'To:' button on a new message? It only shows the contacts in the root folder. -- Murdoc ## ------------------------ "The journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tyre." "Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." -Albert Einstein "He who sees both sides...

Configuring exchange
I have one trust domain with another one and just 1 exchange server. I want to know if is possible to implement this configuration creating mailboxes for account of users located in other domain that haven't exchange installed. Are they under the same root? Has domainprep been run in the other domain? "furuka" <furuka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6318C87E-7B3A-48EB-8376-9684C9F9D5A8@microsoft.com... >I have one trust domain with another one and just 1 exchange server. I want > to know if is possible to implement this configuration creating ...

Copy/paste question
I would like to move the contents of one cell to another. The cell has a background fill. When I do a cut/paste, the cell which was cut from, loses its style (changes to white background and loses the border). How can I do a cut/paste and not lose the formatting? Copy/paste instead of cut/paste. -- Ken Russell "Randy Harris" <randy@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uPf0EL#gDHA.2576@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... | I would like to move the contents of one cell to another. The cell has a | background fill. When I do a cut/paste, the cell which was cut from, loses | its style (...

Configurable PO Contents Grid
Please give the retailer the ability to set the default fields displayed, the field order and the sort order for the PO contents. For example, it would be more useful to show information like margin % and last sold date instead of tax and tax rate for many retailers. It would also be good to have the ability to add all 3 of Sub Description fields and Extended Description. Would be really wonderful if there is a column for pictures, where you could click on it and a window pop up just for the pictures, instead of having to go through the item tabs. Other than that, I agree with the fea...

Expandlig number of entries in "Move to folder" list
Is there any way to expand the list of "Move to folder" entries beyond the 10 that seem to be programmed into Outlook. Move to folder is a great feature, and since I use it so often, with about 15 - 20 common folders, the limitation of only having 10 entries means that, at any point in time, at least 5 of my common entries are not on the list, and must be selected again, using a browse method. After browsing, they are once again on the list, but some other common folder has now been eliminated. You can use rules to move items to folders that are commonly used for the Mo...

Excel: Backup Copy not same size as File
I have the create backup option checked so excel creates backuup everytime I save. Sometimes (cannot pinpoint when this is caused) when I save file the file is saved. File size is 4 MB. But the backup created is like 200K for this. When I look at the backup file 1 worksheet is missing and remaining everything is present. Any ideas?? Thanks ...

Disabling Copy
I have an excel sheet which is protected. When i right click on a cell it can allow me to copy the contents. How can i make the copy to be disabled? Any one out there with an idea? Thanks -- pkrono ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pkrono's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=19532 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=346874 You can do this with Excel 2002/2003. With code you could disable a right-click, but you could still use Edit->Copy in Excel 2000 and earlier. "pk...

Removing Office 2008 to install another licensed copy

How to copy formulae down LONG list-other than dragging corner dow
Hi, The column is very long and to drag down the corner of the cell would take a little while- Is there a better way? Thanks for the help Mike Double click when you see the drag down cross at the bottom right corner of the cell! Regards, Stefi „MikeR-Oz” ezt írta: > Hi, > > The column is very long and to drag down the corner of the cell would take a > little while- Is there a better way? > > Thanks for the help > Mike CHeers Stefi- That was way easier than what I have been doing. Round of applause to you MIke "Stefi" wrote: > Double click ...

copy-paste emails don't work
How can I copy emails from a column in Microsoft Works database to paste them into a new email in Windows Live mails ? When I do this, it requires a ";" at the end of each email which is time consuming to add. How can I solve this problem ? Thank you You mean email addresses. You should be able to do a global search and replace. For example, if the addresses are currently separated by a space character you can replace all occurrences of the space character by '[space][semicolon]'. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) wrote in message news:BD26...

copy and filter list from sheet1 to sht2
I have a list on sheet1. The first column can be either true or false. I would like sheet2 to show a list of all the rows that are true o sheet1. Thanks for any information Pau -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi a non automatic way: Use 'Data - Filter - Advanced Filter' for this. See: http://www.contextures.com/xladvfilter01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "squalo >" <<squalo.16xe8p@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:squalo.16xe8p@excelforum-nospam.com... > I have a list on sheet1. > The first column ...

Junk e-mail folder in Contacts
I dont't know how or why, but after upgrading from Office 2000 to 2003 I get the Junk E-mail folder as a subfolder of my contacts. This machine is an Exchange 2003 client. I need to move it somehow. Does anyone knows how? Thanks a lot Christian Christian Thies <ch.thies@gmail.com> wrote: > I dont't know how or why, but after upgrading from Office 2000 to > 2003 I get the Junk E-mail folder as a subfolder of my contacts. > This machine is an Exchange 2003 client. I need to move it somehow. > Does anyone knows how? Does starting Outlook with the /resetfolders ...

I get multiple copies of the same email every time I open outlook
I get my yahoo mail in outlook and every time I open outlook it looks and receives all mail in my yahoo address. So it doubles my mail every time I open it! HELP Rick <Rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I get my yahoo mail in outlook and every time I open outlook it looks > and receives all mail in my yahoo address. So it doubles my mail > every time I open it! HELP WHat version and service pack level of Outlook? Have you enabled the account option to leave messages on the server? -- Brian Tillman ...

Need One Excel Template to copy to TWO Databases
Here's the problem: Right now I have a one template (.xlt) and one excel database (.xls) that works fine. Now I want to create a second database so tha whenever I enter in information into the template, it creates a copy i both excel databases. I could just create a new duplicate database and a duplicate templat but that would require me entering in the information twice. Since enter in a lot of information, this is very undesirable. Anyone please help me figure out how to link one template (.xlt) to excel database files (.xls) Steps already taken: When the template wizard asked ...

Search Folders Not Searching Deleted Folder
I created a search folder and it is only including mail items that ar *not* in the Deleted Items folder. I have verified that the Delete Items Folder is selected for the "search in" properties. Is there a way to force Deleted Items to be included in Searc Folders? Thanks! Jerr -- jerrylanejohn ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jerrylanejohns's Profile: http://www.highdots.com/forums/m84 View this thread: http://www.highdots.com/forums/t299871 I don't think search folder search in the Deleted Items or Junk E-mail folders. It's p...

leaving copies of emails on the server
Hi there. I am using Outlook 2002 at work, and the same at home. I VPN in from home, but when I download my mail it takes the messages off the server. Then when I get to work, I have no email in my inbox. Isn't there a way to make it leave a copy of the messages on the server? Any ideas? Thanks! John Go to Tools | E-mail Accounts, click View or change existing e-mail accounts and click Next, select the account in question, click Change, then the More Settings button. The option for leaving mail on the server is on the Advanced tab of the Internet E-mail Settings dialog. -- J...

Corrupted Outlook folders
I keep getting this error "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." when ever I install outlook. I can not open any outlook folders ie, contacts, calendar, notes, deleted items. Nothing works. I have uninstalled and reinstalled several times. error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Does the pst-file still exist on the location it points to? If so; runscanpst.exe against it to check it for errors. If it doesn't recreate your mail profile in Con...

Syncronize Hotmail and Outlook Folders
I just started using Outlook and I'm trying to figure out how to integrate my Hotmail Folders (Inbox, Trash, Sent, Etc) with the Folders that are under Outlook Today (Inbox, Sent, Contacts, Calender, Etc). I can send from my Outlook Today, and from my Hotmail, but they are the same address. Any Ideas? ...

copying a formula down wards
=INDEX(Proj_code,MATCH(AQ$6,F$7:F$198,0)) the above formula works in that it shows the first match. As there could be mulitpule records what do I need to do to so when I copy it down it will bring the next match or 0 if no further matches in the table it is searching? Many thanks UKMAN1 Hi, Try this ARRAY formula. ARRAY enter it and it will return the first match, drag down for the second etc. It will return an error if there isn't a second match so you could wrap the whole thing =isserror(formula etc =OFFSET(IF(ROWS(B$7:B7)<=COUNTIF(Proj_code,$E$1),INDEX($F...

Client Side Caching/folder Redirection SBS 03 SP2
I have uimplemented folder redirection and thus CSC on my SBS 03 SP2 server. Now because of space issues I have purchased a new storage server and want to redirect the my document folders to the new storage server. i have changed the redirection using the wizard in SBS however when the pc's/laptops log on/off it still tries to resync with the SBS server instead of the storage server. I assume that the folder redirection step is complete, however how do I get the pc's/laptops to now look to the new server (CSC). -- Darrel Sometimes it takes 3 logins or reboots of a w...

Open mdb in shared folder on another computer on local network
Three computers with Windows XP and Access 2003. The first two computers were new installs over the weekend at two separate companies. When I attempt to open a database in a shared folder I receive a dialog box with the Open and Cancel options, which has the Windows firewall logo (yellow), saying the file may have a virus. The title bar says "Open File - Security Warning." I can not find any options to remove this dialog. On the 3rd computer at home everything worked normally in the morning but after I returned home in the afternoon I started receiving the same dialog. This co...

Net Folders in Outlook 2002 (XP)
Does the Net Folders function exist in Outlook 2002? Someone told me that it no longer exists in that version of Outlook. If so, was it replaced by another function? Thanks. They are gone and not replaced. See if anything here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm "Doug Talbott" <dtalbott@agnesscott.edu> wrote in message news:083c01c36864$576c27b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does the Net Folders function exist in Outlook 2002? > Someone told me that it no longer exists in that version > of Outlook. If so, was it replaced by another function? > Thanks....

updateing a orginal sheet after two or more have updated copys
We are working on an speadsheet, I was emailed a copy of it and so was two others. How do we go about update if we each have a copy of the orginal and we are entering different info. How can we configure correctly? so the info we are each entery is update to the orginal? I would say it would be difficult with three of you making changes to three separate copies of the same workbook. Perhaps you should investigate the use of a single Shared workbook. See help on sharing a workbook. Also note the loss of some features when sharing. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Ma...

Expanding Outlook Folders
Is there a feature that allows you to expand all the email folders at once versus one at a time? TS ...

copy & paste between documents changes spacing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi. I have a curious issue with Microsoft Word that i can't seem to find a reasonable explanation for. Basically, i write a newsletter for my farm every week and i have a masthead that is a table. When i attempt to copy the table to a brand new document (in order to create a brand new newsletter), the spacing between the lines has totally changed. The table is twice as wide, as if i had put a blank space between each line of text. This has happened with other documents as well. For instance, I created a chec...