configuring exchange to accept maill from a different domain name...

We are setting up a subsidiary company having a completely differnt domain
name. Once our new domain name is registered and our provider has created an
MX record for this new domain, what needs to be configured on the Exchange
server to accept email from this new domain?

Thanks,

Brad

if Exchange 2000/2003, you need to create a recipient policy...see these:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285136/en-us
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318072/en-us

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message
> We are setting up a subsidiary company having a completely differnt domain
> name. Once our new domain name is registered and our provider has created
an
> MX record for this new domain, what needs to be configured on the Exchange
> server to accept email from this new domain?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

0
sconkey (3059)
4/6/2006 4:43:22 PM
You can change fqdn in SMTP virtual server | properties | Delivery |
Advanced.

0
AZavrin (5)
4/6/2006 5:41:48 PM
On 6 Apr 2006 10:41:48 -0700, AZavrin@gmail.com wrote:

>You can change fqdn in SMTP virtual server | properties | Delivery |
>Advanced.

That isnt related to incoming mail.
0
adavid (8731)

Exchange 2003 Queue problem
My internal mail MS 2003 server - users being authenticated by the DC/DNS - has on occasion stopped sending messages? What I have done, a couple of times now, is re-start the Exchange Server (I have stopped and re-started services with on luck!). After re-starting all works just fine! Is anyone else running into this problem and might you know what is causing it? Thanks ahead. What does the SMTP protocol log say? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in messag...

Exchange Calendar integration with WSS, 2 new ideas, need feedback
I have posted in the past for help with resolving the following scenario: Windows 2003 WSS WIndows 2003 w/ Exchange 2003 Windows XP SP2 clients Office 2003 sp1 http://intranet is the top level site, with each department having their own subsite http://intranet/<dept>. Each department site has an events calendar. Each department has a designated user responsible for the calendar. Using Side-by-side calendaring a user CAN drag from the Sharepoint calendar onto their personal calendar. HOWEVER, users CAN NOT create an event in Outlook and Drag to the sharepoint calendar. Because this...

Spreadsheet name in a Cell
I am looking for a cell formula that would recover the spreadsheet name and display it in a cell - more or less as "=CELL("row";A1) function is able to return the line number of cell A1 or as "=CELL("filename";C18)" will return the full path of the Excel workbook housing cell C18... Thanks a lot - Alain79 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0002.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "Alain79" <desaivresanospam@free.fr> wrote in message news:ddsce3$94f$1@s1.news.oleane.net... > I am looking for a cell formula that would recover the spre...

File name and Sheet name a variable.
I know this has been asked, and I have tried to figure out the ansewers but without success. I will ask how I am trying to do it. the first part is as follows: A cell contains the name of a work sheet in a different workbook. If the cell value changes, I would like the new name to look to that worksheet in the different workbook. ={MH06S0Aug08dy.xls]Sheet1!H$13 "Sheet1" is the variable and would like it to refer to a cell value. I would like it to work if the workbook it refers to is closed as well. Part two is being able to have the file name a variable a...

How to find outside hostname of internal exchange server
I am trying to setup activesync but can't seem to get the right server name. Is there somewhere on the exchange box where I can find this info or do I need to get onto the router/firewall and see where mail is being sent? I am getting error 0x80072EE7 when trying to sync from the device. In news:Pine.LNX.4.64.0702261401320.14766@rob-campbell.com, Rob Campbell <poohba@rob-campbell.com> typed: > I am trying to setup activesync but can't seem to get the right server > name. It's whatever public A record exists for your domain, that points at the appropriate public I...

sheet naming
I have a macro that copies a sheet then names it. It goes as follows: Sub Createsheet() Sheets("Sheet1").Select Sheets("Sheet1").Copy Before:=Sheets(1) Sheets("Sheet1 (2)").Select Sheets("Sheet1 (2)").Name = "datasheet1" Range("C4").Select End Sub Is there a way to make it so that when you run the macro again and create a new sheet and it sees that datasheet1 already exists it will name the next sheet datasheet2? And then when you run it again it sees that datasheet1 and datasheet2 exists and it names the next...

Can I tellthe difference between 'Save' and 'Save As'?
I want to be able to respond differently when the user has clicked 'Save As' - is there something that allows me to test what the user has done to save the file? Thanks M Sorry! worked it out formyself! SaveAsUI! "Michelle" <mh_londonNOJUNK@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:C892CE59-1BCA-467F-A461-A1C318262DD6@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to respond differently when the user has clicked 'Save >As' - is there something that allows me to test what the user has done to >save the file? > > Thanks > > M ...

Error in Exchange 5.5 Public Folder access via Outlook 2000
Hi We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4, with the May 2004 rollup (841765 - Store.exe and Mdbmsg.dll = 5.5.2658.4) Outlook 2003 clients can access a shared Public Folders contacts list fine through the Address Book application, but Outlook 2000 users can't. Both groups can see and manipulate the actual folder OK, it's just the Address Book that's not working (either through the Address Book icon, or through creating a new mail and clicking on the "To" button and selecting the folder from there). Outlook 2000 users see a blank list, with the slider on the right siz...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Question #3
Hello, We are currently migrating users to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. The 5.5 server is located here and the new 2003 server is located in a different office. One user (who we have moved already) is trying to access and user's calendar, but that user is still on 5.5. They are getting the following error: unable to display the folder. The information store could not be opened Any ideas on how to make the user on 2003 (running Outlook 2003) connect to the user's calendar on the 5.5 server? The user has the "Owner" permission on the 5.5 calendar. Thanks! ...

moving exchange 5.5 server to a different domain
I have an exchange 5.5 site with 3 servers in it. They are NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 They are all in domain a. There is a two way trust with domain a and domain b. I need to move one of the servers from domain a to domain b. Since I have permissions via the trust to the exchange services site acct. , is this as easy as removing the server from domain a and adding it to domain b, then bringing exchange services back up? Or is there a set procedure that should be followed? "=?Utf-8?B?Y2dsYWR5MjAwMA==?=" <cglady2000@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1A7E7702-914A-...

One Command button for different reports
I have two controls, among others, on a particular form. One control ‘ContractNumber’ represents the specific customer (their phone number) and the ‘ContractType’ which represents the specific report. I have 5 reports, none of the reports are the same. Based on the ‘ContractNumber’ I would like to have a command button open the ‘ContractType’ for the particular customer. I realize I can have command buttons, one for each report and have a parameter query use the ‘ContractNumber’ to call up the specific report. I want one button to open different reports, say ‘Click to view customers C...

"Corporate Workgroup" to "Internet Mail Only Configuration"
I'm having trouble switching from the "Corporate Workgroup" to "Internet Mail Only Configuration". The particular machine that Outlook is loaded on is not connected to the network that it was configured on. Outlook therefore does not find the network folders it is looking for and will not start up with all its functionality and specifically will not provide access to the "Options" menu under "Tools" that is necessary to change the configuration from "Corporate Workgroup" to "Internet Mail Only" and thus to get it working...

My Exchange tabs are missing on my =?windows-1252?Q?DC=92s=2E?=
I have a new setup with 3 servers. Two domain controllers (windows 2003 std R2) One Exchange Std 2003 (not a DC only a member server.) If I create a new user on the exchange server, the wizard ends up creating an email address. If I do that on one of the DCs it just creates a user with no email. I have exchange tabs on the exchange server but not on the DCs. Everything during exchange install went well, but have I done anything wrong? There was a warning once telling me that this version on exchange could have problems with the windows version I am using. Is there a problem with Windows ...

Contact First & Last names the wrong way around
In Outlook 2003 when creating a new contact I typed their name into the name field in the order Firstname Middlename Lastname and Outlook placed them in the correct order. I've recently upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when I type in a name, for example John Smith Outlook takes John as the lastname and Smith as the Firstname and displays John, Smith (it's set to file as Lastname, Firstname). Options > Preferences > Contact Options > Default Fullname Order is set to Firstname Middlename Lastname (as I want it). To confuse things further I have a number of co...

Change Names of Legend
Hello, I understand that you change the actual text that appears in the legend, not the font of it. I tried to follow the example given on this site and doesn't work. Here is the formula for one of the markers in the Chart. The formula refers to 2 markers on the chart. I would like one marker in the legend to be "plastic" and the other "hardware" =SERIES(,Sheet1!$C$2:$C$28,Sheet1!$B$2:$B$28,1) Thank you very much for your help. This is for a presentation due on Monday. -- Thank you... Elaine Normally I wouldn't reply, but since the real experts may be of...

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

Windows Mail/Newsgoup Configuration
I am having trouble configuring my windows mail, it gives me error messages....Can any1 help? "Mary Wilburn" <becky.harty@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3EDC58A2-89C6-45E0-97C9-F571A738FF82@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble configuring my windows mail, it gives me error >messages....Can any1 help? Your question may be better answered in a Vista or Windows mail newsgroup which is more appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP Free MS-Access downloads: http://www.datastrat.co...

adding additional attributes not working with exchange 2003
Hi all, I'm still learning and have approx. 10 scripts that do what I need them to do, but now Boss wants exports to include either sAMAccountName, or legacyExchangeDN, or mailNickname? I have tried to include those attributes and I'm assuming because they are not in the same class is why they are not retrieving the data. I"m hoping someone will be able to help me figure this out. Thanks, J0seg I know...it would help if I show you the script I currently have... $day = Get-Date -UFormat "%Y%m%d" $computers = "exch02","exch03" G...

MFC SMTP Server and Exchange server on one network
I have a Canon MFC that is supposed to send scanned documents by email to recipients in house. All was working fine until I installed an SBS Exchange server on site. Formerly the MFC was sending emails to their ISPs email server from where they would POP it. This mechanism still works in spite of me setting the Pri DNS to the Exchange Server. Not too clear on all this but if someone could outline the steps of having both Exchange and the MFC SMTP servers running on the same network so the MFC server sends the emails to the Exchange server, I would be much obliged. Regards, fredblah If th...

The recipient name is not recognized #3
Hi guys. Being a bit of a novice with Exchange... What would the first thing be to look at if external receipients were receiving a "The recipient name is not recognized" bounced email when sending emails to newly set up mailboxes on my system? I've set up 1000's of mailboxes in the past with no probs and this has just started happening with new users this past week. Thanks for any help in advance. Andy you login the new user or send email to the account yea? "Mailboxes will not be seen in ESM until the person logs into it for the first time, or the first message...

Where's Exchange 2000 version info?
What are the steps you take to find Exchange 2000 version information? Start Exchange System Manager, go into Administrative Groups, expand servers, right click on the server in question and choose properties. Version info is on the General Tab "Rwh5757" <Rwh5757@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:457A5BEE-286C-4261-B491-A9CD83141808@microsoft.com... > What are the steps you take to find Exchange 2000 version information? ...

CRM Exchange Email Router wont install
I have CRM server installed on machine "A", the DataBase on Machine "B" and now i want to install the Exchange Email Router on Machine "c". I was previosly installed on machine "C", it was uninstalled and now i get the following error when trying to reinstall on "C": --------------------------- Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-Mail Router Setup --------------------------- One or more of the Microsoft CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator privileges on that server. Make sure that all servers are running properly and...

Change left bar and top bar names on Order screen
Ok, I guess this could be the left bar and top bar names for any screen, but I'm specifically asking about the Order screen. I have a client that wants to change "Create Invoice" at the top to "Close". They also want to change "Write-In Products" to "Write-In Rooms". Where do I change these? I don't see them as options in the customization screens, even in the N:1 and 1:N areas. On Sep 23, 2:18=A0pm, Wayne Walton <waynek...@gmail.com> wrote: > Ok, I guess this could be the left bar and top bar names for any > screen, but I'm ...

Exchange #7
I am running Small Business Server 2003, how can I tell for sure which version of exchange I have? Any help would be great, -budding IT enthusiast Hi, Try this link http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;158530 "Bruno" wrote: > I am running Small Business Server 2003, how can I tell > for sure which version of exchange I have? Any help would > be great, > -budding IT enthusiast > ...