Configuring Exchange 2003 to accept RCP over HTTPS

I have never configured RPC over HTTPS before, can anyone direct me on how to
configure this?

I Have Windows 2003 Server SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2, and client side is
Outlook 2003.

Thanks in advance,

Shawn
0
Chenault (2)

Try this:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833401/en-us

Nue

"Shawn Chenault" <Shawn Chenault@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have never configured RPC over HTTPS before, can anyone direct me on how
> configure this?
>
> I Have Windows 2003 Server SP1, Exchange 2003 SP2, and client side is
> Outlook 2003.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Shawn

0
imaneophyte (3004)

Undeliverable Exchange emails
Exchange v5.5 sp4. A single Exchange site. Yesterday and today a user started getting NDRs like the one below. It only happened these 2 days, and once or twice for 3 different Exchange users. None of the user's are over their mailbox limit, and normally the NDR would say that. This says nothing but undeliverable. What could be the cause and how could I troubleshoot this? thanks ----------------------------------------------------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Delta cutover and tracking problem ? Sent: 6/15/2004 10:34 AM...

Outolook 2003 is slow when answering message
Hello, I have a problem with Outlook 2003 SP2 when i receive a message and push answer button it takes about 30 seconds to load.How can i do to resolve the problem? If i push new message or forward loading is fast. Thanks Are you using Word or Outlook as the email editor? Does changing it to the other make a difference? Also, apply Service Pack 3 and additional for Office 2003 to make sure we are not trying to fix an already solved bug. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, D...

SMS 2003 report help
I have no idea how to do this, but hopefully someone out there can help. Running SMS 2003 and I have the two reports below that I would like to combine with a change. I would like to be able to see the username and time of day usage for each user hit, not just the last usage along with everything in that first report. I would also like to just pull all the data for all games and all dates instead of having to specify. We aren't that big that I need to cut this list down. Any ideas? Thanks a bunch for any help! Mark "Users that have run a specific metered s...

Outlook 2003 minimize to sys tray problems
For any of you out there that run Outlook 2003, when you min to sys tray, and then you try to double click to maximize it, does it ever act as though you only did a single click? This happens to me very often. I did change my mouse and this is a brand new computer. Every other USB device works fine. HELP! ...

Migration 97 to 2003 causes MailMerge to fail
I am having a problem converting an Access/Word application using mail merge, from 97 to 2003. The application works fine in 97, using VB code in Access to set up the Data Source and execute the mail merge, producing a new Word document containing the merged data. However, in 2003 it fails at the line wrdDoc.MailMerge.Execute with error 4605, This method or property is not available because document is not a MailMerge main document. I notice the MailMerge toolbar is greyed out in the merge document, whereas in 97 it is available. I have tried enabling the toolbar in the code, immedi...

Outlook 2003 not retaining dictionary and message rules settings
A customer is reporting that a new installation of Outlook 2003, using a PST file that I copied across from his old computer, is not retaining dictionary and message rules settings. I introduced the saved PST by copying it in place of the blank one that Outlook created when I first ran it; I found that importing using File | Import resulted in duplicate Contacts entries and a duplicate Personal Folders tree structure. When I raised that issue in another newsgroup a few days ago, the advice was to use the saved PST in place of the blank one; is this the best way to migrate Outlook saved mail a...

Moving Exchange from a Child Domain to Parent Domain
Hello all, A while back we took the fast track to Exchange 2003 deployment, we deployed a Child Native Mode Domain, to hold the Distribution/Universal Security Groups, and installed Exchange 2003 on a member server in the PARENT Domain, The child domain also allowed us to slowly upgrade the rest of our infrastructure from older NT 4 domain controllers, we will soon have all domain controllers windows 2003, and will be changing the domain functional level. I've been having trouble finding documentation that will help me remove the CHILD Domain, and migrate my Distribution/Security g...

2002 to 2003?
TIA I have to add new emails from a computer that is running Outlook 2002, into a computer that is running Outlook 2003. I saved a pst file but the 2003 Outlook will not recognize it. How do I get around this? Again, thanks, Dave H. "DH" <xxxdaveoh@swbell.net(axe the x's)> wrote in message news:B34Bi.619$FO2.198@newssvr14.news.prodigy.net... > I have to add new emails from a computer that is running Outlook 2002, > into a computer that is running Outlook 2003. I saved a pst file but the > 2003 Outlook will not recognize it. > > How do I get aro...

outlook signatures: how to keep it resident in Exchange?
Our users use Outlook to connect to the Exchange 2002 server across a LAN. Is there a way to keep a user's Outlook signature resident in Exchange so that I won't have to set up their signature when I setup their Outlook profile on their machine for the first time. ...

MS Publisher 2003 wont let me send publication in email message.
I'm trying to send a document in the body of an email but all the tutorials I've tried aren't working. I've changed to TIFF, and pdf both unsuccessfully. I would just like to find a way to get to <File><Send email><Send E-Mail as Message>, instead of <Send E-mail as Attachment>. Any help is great Reference: Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HP010390591033.aspx?pid=CH062524821033 Attaching the publication as a PDF is usually the easiest and best way. DavidF ...

Sharing Outlook 2003 .pst on 2 computers (not simultaneously)
I hope someone can help me here. I have 2 different offices, both running outlook 03, and i would like to find a way to carry the .pst with me, on an ipod, or USB memory stick. can you do this?? i run into the situation where i need to access email on one computer when i'm at the other office. i get a stupid amount of emails during the day, so i have to touch each one twice. i'm trying to figure out a way that i can have just one disk, portable media or put the file on a vpn server, so when i launch outlook (only one will be running at a time), they use the same .pst file. This m...

Publisher 2000 product key not accepted
I am trying install Publisher 2000 and the Product Key, which I have checked and double checked is not accepted. I know it is an old version but just want to create a personal business card. I have Windows XP Pro. Was it a free-standing purchase or an OEM? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Pat" <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A93AD045-6849-4054-BD25-EE7BE0DB28EF@microsoft.com... >I am trying install Publisher 2000 and the Product Key, which I have >checked > and double checked is not accepted. I know it is an old version but j...

Outlook 2003 / mail retrieving, saving password
Outlook 2003 asks me my pop-account password every time, even as I have marked the checkbox "Save password...". It is really annoying as I want to check my pop-account once every 5 minutes. What to do? /M It gives me the "Enter network password" popup every time, it seems I cannot save the password for some reason. I already tried to modify registry so that I deleted all keys inside HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider, and rebooted the machine and re-created the mail accounts - didn't help!!! Frustrating. /M "Make" ...

Exchange Public folder Limits Problem
i have a public folder that has limits set on it...I ncreased those limits, but i'm still getting an error...How can i set the limits for email size and force the updates.. Is there anyway i can tell the public folder has the changes applied? thanks, michael ...

Got bounce back message when accept meeting request and send respo
Hi, Our company is using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. There is one user, we call it userA, sent meeting request to userB, when userB accepted userA's request and sent the response, userA got the response back, but at the same time, userB also got bounce back message regarding undeliverable to userC, who is gone for long time, userC's mailbox and account has been completely deleted. It only happens when userA sends meeting request to others, userA doesn't has any problem with other email communication. I am wondering why the response message sent to other user as well as ...

Opening multiple accounts in Outlook 2003
Assuming I have account A as major mailbox and account B as additional. Back in Outlook 2000, when browsing emails of account B and delete emails, they go into the [Deleted Items] folder of account A, no problem in that, I can still drag-n-drop the mails directly into the [Deleted Items] of account B and does not interferce account A at all. However in Outlook 2003, even when I drag the messages directly into [Deleted Items] folder of account B, they still ended up in that of account A. Any work around that we could resolve this? achen <achen2002@yahoo.com> wrote: > Assuming I h...

Event ID :12002 in Exchange 2000
I am using Exchange 2000 Server in Windows 2000 SP4. In my exchange Symantec Mail Security for exchange also running. For the past couple of days, no one in our organization receive attachments. when they try to open the attachement message, it gives the error " Could not open one or more attachements. So, I examine the Event log...One error log is continously appearing. The description as follows: Source: MSExchangeIS Category: Content Type EventID: 12002 Description: Error 8004010F-8000000 occured while processing message <> from 'Sender'. So I just stop the Symantec ...

Excel 2003 vs 2002 problems
Hi, I have a large spreadsheet (80 MB) that was having some memory type issues in Excel 2002. I was told that 2003 has more memory. I upgraded today and noticed that the spreadsheet no opens better, i can copy/paste formulas better etc. However, I noticed that it calcualtes much slower than 2002. I have live stock data coming in via RTD links - the RTDThrottle is the same. I have run a sisde by side comparison (same spreadsheet running on two different systems - one with 2002 and the other with 2003) 2002 calculates much quicker. Does anyone know if I have to change something in...

Outlook 2003: Copy Command Missing on Right-Click
In Outlook 2003, when I right click on an email message, only the move command is available; the copy command is missing! The only way I can copy an email message to another folder is to drag it with the right mouse button and then it comes up as an option. Is there a fix to this bug? Thanks... ...

Setting Granular Delegate Permissions from Exchange Server
We are using Exchange server 2003 in a Active directory environment. We have some users who, for a variety of reasons (Mac users with entourage, upper administration who don't want to be bothered), are unable to set granular delegation permissions for various folders within their mailboxes. Can this type of delegation be set from the server? Here's an example: User VP, using a mac with entourage, wants user PA, using the same setup, to be able to view and add appointments to VP's calendar. VP also want's PA to create and maintain an address book that PA will share to...

Outlook 2003 hangs when using Word 2003 as email editor
I'm having a recent problem with Outlook 2003. When using Word 2003 as email editor and attempting to reply to a message, my application hangs for a long time. I then can release it only but closing Word through task manager. Microsoft is evidently aware of this problem by posting "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 278214," but without providing a resolution or workaround. I've repaired Outlook and uninstalled both applications, then reinstalled. I've deleted the 2 add-ins and installed Outlook and Word without any success. Can anyone help me? I really li...

Exchange 5.5 RPC Problems
Our 5.5/SP4 environment has started to be problematic regularly, since it's been in a mixed AD 2003/5.5 site. The 3x 5.5mailbox servers will "randomly" lose RPC conenctivity to Outlook clients, however OWA will continue to work. There's nothing suspicious logged in the event logs. The only fix is to restart the information store, or if it's our IMAP server, we have to restart the whole server otherwsie IMAP won't work. Any clues, or tools? I've tried RCP Ping tools but the documentation is shitty. How can I use that to determine the availability, ideally I coul...

outlook 2003 thinks email is being sent when none is
Basically, I get the standard error report that an email could not be sent because of a lack of connection with the email server even though no email is in the outbox and I have not tried to send any email. Help! Outlook may be trying to send a read-receipt, which will not be visible in the outbox. Can you send other mail OK? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "NCD" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dbd01c3be93$a14ace10$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Basically...

Exchange 5.5 reboot required
On our Exchange server that is running exchange 5.5 and NT 4 we have to reboot it everytime we add a new user to E-Mail and our AD on the 2003 server before the user can log into there E-Mail. Any Ideas? The Exchange server can see the user in User manager and I can assign the user as the primary mail account but it denies security like the SID is not being propergated to the NT 4 server until you reboot it. Are the databases replicating between nt 40 and ad? "Tim Comes" wrote: > On our Exchange server that is running exchange 5.5 and NT 4 we have to > reboot it every...

Exchange Service Account #2
Hello All, I have a problem. I've taken over responsibility of managing an Exchange 2003 server. To give you a history, Exchange was started in the company at v5.5, then upgraded to 2000, then upgraded to 2003. The previous admin has been terminated. When he configured the system, he made his personal account the Exchange System Manager account. Is there a way to change this account? I was thinking of just renaming his old account to something generic, but I would rather delete it and select another account to act as teh System Manager. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Tha...