Configuring Exchange 2000 to use SPF records...

Does anyone have any information on how to configure Exchange 2000 to use
SPF records? Our ISP has configured SPF records at their end, and now I want
our Exchange server to use them...

However, we are using a smart host to relay our email through. I have read
where this could be a problem with using SPF - however that article I read
was referring to installing the GFI MailEssentials product to use SPF on
your Exchange 2000 server - so maybe does not apply to all mail relaying in
general if you are NOT using that product..

Does anyone know if SPF checking will work if you are using a smart host to
relay your email?

ANy help in this matter will be appreciated...

Thanks,

Brad

Does inbound email come in through the same smarthost?

Nue
"Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone have any information on how to configure Exchange 2000 to use
> SPF records? Our ISP has configured SPF records at their end, and now I
> want our Exchange server to use them...
>
> However, we are using a smart host to relay our email through. I have read
> where this could be a problem with using SPF - however that article I read
> was referring to installing the GFI MailEssentials product to use SPF on
> your Exchange 2000 server - so maybe does not apply to all mail relaying
> in general if you are NOT using that product..
>
> Does anyone know if SPF checking will work if you are using a smart host
> to relay your email?
>
> ANy help in this matter will be appreciated...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Brad

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/29/2006 5:51:04 PM
I think so...   this smart host is our providers box and all traffic does
come in through them - so I suspect that is the case...  but not 100% sure.
I will have to ask them I guess.

Brad
"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Does inbound email come in through the same smarthost?
>
> Nue
> "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message
>> Does anyone have any information on how to configure Exchange 2000 to use
>> SPF records? Our ISP has configured SPF records at their end, and now I
>> want our Exchange server to use them...
>>
>> However, we are using a smart host to relay our email through. I have
>> read where this could be a problem with using SPF - however that article
>> I read was referring to installing the GFI MailEssentials product to use
>> SPF on your Exchange 2000 server - so maybe does not apply to all mail
>> relaying in general if you are NOT using that product..
>>
>> Does anyone know if SPF checking will work if you are using a smart host
>> to relay your email?
>>
>> ANy help in this matter will be appreciated...
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Brad

If you do not like scripting, you can try GAL Exporter or Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - http://www.imibo.com > > "Ringholz, Blake" <bringholz@nospam.com> wrote in message > news:76AEFC2F-85A7-4666-8262-27FB0737D09A@microsoft.com... >> Hello All - >> >> I need to get an Excel Spreadsheet that lists everyone first name, last >> name, email address, job title, etc pulled from Active Directory. Is >> there an easy way to do this? >> >> Thanks, >> Blake > > > > > ...

Exchange Active Sync #4
I have a user with a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Sprint advertises that this is supported by Exchange 2003 Server Active Sync. Microsoft has documented that Active Sync is included with Exchange 2003 at no additional cost. I have not been able to find documentation on how to install and configure Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Can anyone point me to Microsoft or Sprint/PalmOne documentation on how to setup Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Treo 650? I work with the American Red Cross, a non-profit organization. I appreciate your help and support. On ...

Can I fade the edges of photos that I use?
I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? -- D:o) krazy-4-coke wrote: > I am trying to use photos in a publisher document that I want to fade the > edges of, is this possible to do with publisher? Not really. You should use dedicated image manipulation software for this, such as Photoshop Elements, Paint Shop Pro, or Microsoft Digital Image. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org Ed, Are any of these programs typically come loaded on a computer?? I have another question - ca...

InPlace ugrade from Exchange 2000 to 2003 recovery question
Hi, Will shortly be doing an inplace upgrade from Exchange 2000 enterprise edition to Exchange 2003 Enterprise edition. After we do all the steps ie. Forestprep/domainprep etc then do the actual upgrade if the upgrade fails how do we roll back. We use Brightstor Arcserve version 11 which is supported by Exchange 2000 and we backup doing the Full method not bricks level. I have documentation on how to restore Exchange using this but this just restores the database to my knowledge (never had to do it) with exchange 2000 so how do I roll back a failed upgrade. We have to do an inplace...

exchange 2003
I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they can not connect. Do I need to change settings at their locations? DNS?? WINNS??? It depends on type of client, but generally proper DNS setup is required. Also make sure that no firewalls interfere. laker18 wrote: > I just set up a mail server at things are working fine in > the network where it resides. The issue is that I have 5 > other buildings that are connected via a VPN, and they > can not co...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Install Error
When I try to install E2003 SP1 I get the error: EventType exchangesetuperror, P1 6_5_7226_0, P2 update, P3 microsoft exchange messaging and collaboration services, P4 install, P5 e0070101, P6 _null_, P7 1, P8 NIL, P9 NIL, P10 NI The log says it cannot find a file but I can't tell which file it's looking for. Any ideas how to fix this? Thanks ...

Using different form strings to filter
Hello. Is there a way to code a query to have it use a filter string if a form is open, or ignore it if the filter is not open? Example: Query Name: Query1 Form: Form1 and Form2 Query fields: Field1 and Field2 I have a string in field 1 and 2 Forms!Form1!Field1 in the first field of the query, and Forms!Form1! Field2 in the second field. Can I also have Forms!Form2!Field1 in the query as well? I have tried this, but a box pops up and asks for the information from form 2 when it is not open. Thank you. hi, nybaseball22@gmail.com wrote: > Hello. Is there a way to code a query to...

Using Ghost as OS Backup
I attended a class a while back where the exchange admins said they used Ghost to clone the OS drive. I bought the product and it says that during the clone process it temporarily removes the server from the domain. Has anyone done this or had any problems? Thanks, Fred On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 05:26:28 -0600, "Fred T" <fredt2@mail.com> wrote: >I attended a class a while back where the exchange admins said they used >Ghost to clone the OS drive. I bought the product and it says that during >the clone process it temporarily removes the server from the domain. ...

cannot open outlook 2000
"this opration has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer" I have already tried the steps listed in MS Knowledge Base article 310049, with no luck. Any other suggestions ? Thanks. ...

Connection filtering record
1. I have set up connection filtering. How can I see what mail is being rejected? 2. Since setting up connection filtering the email tracking shows all emails being delivered to the intended recipient AND the badmail folder. Could someone explain this? To answer your first question, take a look here: http://www.martijnjongen.com/eng/html/log_analyzer.htm Not sure about the second question. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Nate" <nmorse@aimcomm.com> wrote in message news:ewUBm6C3DHA.2056@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > ...

using beforeprint
I am trying to get an application to append a file on a sheet printout. I am using Workbook_BeforePrint. It prints fine, but doesn't seem t execute the sub. What's wrong -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may post your existing code :-) Also check that you have put this code in your workbook module ('ThisWorkbook') -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I am trying to get an application to append a file on a sheet > printout. I am using Workbook_BeforePrint. It prints fine, but > doesn't seem to execute the sub. What's wrong?...

DPM sometimes uses too many tapes
Hi, i have problem with DPM long term backups on tape. I have collocation enabled so that is not a problem. Sometimes DPM uses too many tapes for same protection group, sometimes it uses 1, and then sometimes 2 - 4. Amount of data is always same. Can anybody help me please, what could be the problem? Hi Tornado, Can you explain protection group configurations as well as tape usage in detail, so that we can analyze on what is happening? Thanks, Jyothsna[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tornado" <Torn...

Deleting record from bindingsource
Hi I have a winform app with form control bound to a binding source TblClientsBindingSource. The binding source has a data table as its data source as per below code; dAdapter = New OleDbDataAdapter("SELECT * FROM tblClients WHERE ...", Conn) dAdapter.Fill(dTable) TblClientsBindingSource.DataSource = dTable My question is; how do I delete the record currently pointed to by the binding source from the backend database table tblClients? Thanks Regards John wrote: > Hi > > I have a winform app with form control bound to a binding source &g...

Clarification please on exchange 2003 with DPM Server 2010
I would like to protect an exchange 2003 setup remotely. In the event of a problem such as accidently deleted mail etc. the way to restore the database files would is to use a recovery storage group? Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server or can the databases be restored onto a disk taken out to the server and then loaded into the recovery storage group? I am not sure what you mean "Now does this need to be restored back over the internet to the Exchange server" but yes to restore the exchange databases you can restore the files ...

Exchange server recovery advice needed
Folks We have been hit by a relatively big disk crash and I have to rebuild our exchange 2003 (SP1) server Fortunately I have a fully working backup but I still need to "replay" some LOG files as we only do weekly "full" snapshot. So to cut a long story short I have recovered and restarted the server as it was one week ago and everything seems fine EXCEPT for the messages (and other items) created since last backup. I DO have the log file for those days... but how do I "replay" them ? What is my best course of action ? At the moment I plan to create a separat...

is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons?
Hi Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as Next, Previous and New record? Stapes Probably. Trap what and when? "Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7fe0fd6b-0da1-495e-a369-29bc72ca3af9@s8g2000prg.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > Is there any way I can trap for the use of navigation buttons, such as > Next, Previous and New record? > > Stapes On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 05:14:20 -0800 (PST), Stapes <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote: No. And there shouldn't be a reason for that. There are plenty of events in...

Exchange ActiveSync
Hello All, I am having a problem with Exchange ActiveSync. It has been working for about 4 months now, and nothing has really changed. I was able to sync it to my IPaq via a VPN into the network with no problems. Well, today it started with an Internet Error_2 when trying to sync. I get a n event log error saying that there is a problem in the web.config file on line 72, which happens to be the lines that Microsoft has you add via KB#823265. I have searched and searched. Anyone have any ideas?? ...

Textbox's truncated once printed (Excel 2000)
When using text boxs in excel if the data entry is larger than the text box it does not print out everything in the text box. Is there a way to get it to print out all the information contained in the text box. For the only two solutions I can think of is 1) Make the text boxs bigger but my manager rejected the idea. 2)Cut an paste the information onto a excel spreedsheet then print it that way by using a macro but that is a last resort. Dear Robert, 1) 2) and 3) Reject your manager. If it doesn't fit, it doesn't. 4) Perhaps ... use a smaller font? 5) Refrase your text ... Fran...

Using CComboBox embedded in CToolBar
Hi, I've derived a class from CToolBar and overridden OnCreate to replace 2 placeholder buttons with 2 combo boxes. The two combo boxes are also derived from CComboBox, and populate themselves with appropriate strings. My problem is that I'm not sure of how to inform my application when the user has selected a new item in one of the combo boxes. I've added a handler for the CBN_SELCHANGE message to the CComboBox, but I don't know what to put in it. What is the best way to forward the message to the mainframe? Also, when I replace the placeholder buttons, can I reuse their ...

Using paste in macro but with variable references.
Hi all, I am trying to use the paste function in a macro but it needs to be variable. I have split a list of data (team workloads) into the seperate teams and by days of the week. I now need the macro to compile one book with all the data in order. The headings for each team are already set on a worksheet so the data needs to be entered under each heading For example: Team A Day 1 under the heading "Team A Day 1", Team B Day 1 under the next heading on the same sheet "Team B Day 1". I hit problems as the workload ammount will alter from week to week. So of course asking...

Cannot stop using online services with First Tech Credit Union
My bank, First Tech Credit Union, recently upgraded their online banking services. This upgrade also included a change to the user name and password used for online banking in Money 2006. Their upgrade instructions (http://www.firsttechcu.com/help/help_guide_money.html) say to disable online services for your Money file as the third step to upgrading to the new services. The problem is that when I click on Stop Using Online Services in Money nothing happens. I click on OK and Money hangs for a bit then comes back with no change, clicking on OK again has the same effect, clicking on ...

Question Re: Migration of Exchange to New Server.
I'm in the process of replacing an aging Exchange server with a brand new server. Once complete the old server will be taken off line and recycled. I figure the easiest way to do this is bring the new server up as a second Exchange server within the domain and then move the mail boxes from the old server to the new server but I have a couple of questions. 1) How do I move the public folders? I'm assuming I can setup Replication between the two servers and that will migrate the public folder data. 2) What happens when the current server goes off line? Other then having to upd...

Microsoft Outlook 2000 #8
When down loading messages a message appears (Just started ( that says c:\documents and settings\My Name\application data\microsoft\addins\wfloadin.dll is not a valid office add in Help Go into Tools | Options | Other, click the advanced button, then click the Add-In Manager and COM Add-Ins buttons and see if you find anything weird there. If you see an installed add-in listed that you don't need, disable it and see if the message goes away. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserv...