Configure Server SSL for IMAP and POP??

How would I configure a Exchange2003 server to enable 128bit SSL  IMAP
and POP?  I already have an SSL key I purchased and already using for
OWA.  Can I use the same key?  Is easy to configure?

Thanks.

Ed
0
jonesej (30)

Changing WinRM service/server port
Anyone know how to change the server/service port? I've created a listener, but I think I need to change the WinRM client and server to use the new port... PS C:\> Set-WSManInstance -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} Set-WSManInstance : The WinRM client cannot process the request because it is trying to update a read-only setting. Rem ove this setting from the command and try again. At line:1 char:18 + Set-WSManInstance <<<< -ResourceURI winrm/config/service/DefaultPorts -Value @{HTTP="6000"} + Category...

How to handle abnormal user disconnection condition from server?
I use MFC Visual C++ 4.2. I developed a simple network application to send message inter-clients and the number of clients also only a few persons ( about less than 10 persons ). I have succeeded in establishing server-client and client-server connection, sending and receiving messages from client. Now my problem are: 1. I need to send a message from a client to other client. How to know that the message I sent will be received by the correct user intended, not missed to other user? 2. How to handle the condition of unexpected user disconnection from server? E.g. : the user worksta...

Adding 2nd server in an Exchange 5.5 environment
Is there an easy way to move the IMS connector from one Exchange 5.5 server to another? I recently added a new Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000( No AD). Now I would like to move the IMS connector so I can remove the original mail server from the network. ( The Original server is a dog) I have just started this process and the goal is to get my old P2 system out of the network and replace it with a much faster Dual Xeon box, then upgrade the new mail server to Exchange 2000.. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... -- Dale I believe the correct process is to instal...

Excel Data appearing in new Pop-up window rather than frameset frame
I have a servlet running in Tomcat that delivers an excel data file, the response content type being set to: "application/vnd.ms-excel" My html page uses a frameset to display (amongst other things) the excel data. The data is displayed on the click of a button and is directed to a particuler frame: <FORM method=post action="servlet/XLDataServlet/data.xls" target="exceldata"> <INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Display Excel Data"> </FORM> With Internet Explorer 6.0 the excel data is displayed in the target frame, with Internet Explorer 5.5...

Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5 problem
Outlook client connect to exchange server 5.5, i get the following message box: "The name could not be resolved. The connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavailable. All other clients are able to connect and resolve the mailbox name. I can't ping and resolve the exchange server from the problems outlook client. The problems occur after i run repair the w2k pro. can anyone help? EL can not ping... well start with basic IP testing. use ipconfig /all from a command prompt on the misconfigured client. Check for DHCP default Gateway - make sure it looks like a client t...

Last day of posting via Microsoft server
Well, I guess this is the last day of posting via the Microsoft server. http://www.teranews.com/ Your own free account ($3.95 one time setup fee) that allows posting or use public.teranews.com without an account (no posting & speed capped). You can use any standard news client you choose to read and post to any newsgroup. Or Google it: http://groups.google.com/groups/search?hl=en&q=microsoft.public.win98.gen_discussion&qt_s=Search God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto:BillHughes@billhughes.com http://www.billhughes.com/jeep_bookmark.htm "D...

SQL Server Reporting Services Reports in Access
Using Access 2007 and SQL Server 2008. Is there a way to display SQL Server Reporting Services reports in Access 2007? If so, links to documentation/examples would be appreciated. -- AG Email: npATadhdataDOTcom Hi AG, No,there is no compatible interface for converting SSRS report to Access 2007 now.You may consider first export your SSRS report to an Excel file and then embed an OLE object "Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003 Worksheet". If you only need the data, you can directly import data from Excel to your Access database. Best regards, Charles Wa...

GP 10 and Terminial Server 2008
My customer is having issues with GP 10 sp4 and Terminal Server 2008. Whenever they are in one of the Navigation panes (Purchasing) and they choose an option in the navigation Pane other than the PURCHASING (ie VENDORS) they are kicked out of GP. Has anyone come across this? ...

Configuring inbox
I would like to view my messages by conversation thread but I also want to view the sent messages in the thread. So I created a "search folder" that had both inbox and sent items in it and use that as my "main" folder. This works for me except that any time I send a message it appears at the top of the view. If it is a reply to an existing thread, then that thread is now at the top of the view. I want to see at the top of the view the thread with the most recent received mail. I used to be able to do this with Groupwise in conversation thread mode. Thanks...

Simple IMAP question
Hi, How do I enable shared calendar with free/busy information through IMAP ? When I add the "calendar" folder in IMAP it displays as a mail folder, not a calendar. Pierrot Is this calendar a mailbox or public folder? Why are you using IMAP instead of MAPI? MAPI is much more feature complete as it applies to this sort of thing. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Pierrot Robert" <mcthepro@nospam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23NzXwrV6GHA.4352@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > How do I...

Access to Server
Hi All. I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i access to CRM Administration without problems. If i use the Implemetation aplication or if i try to install the CRM Outlook, the message is: "The Localhost server is not responce" Thanks for a possible help. Hi, Can you do a 'nslookup' and 'ping' to the server name? "Rui Sousa" wrote: > Hi All. > > I install CRM 1.2 in a Windows 2003 Server. > > From the server with a Administrator Logon and by the explorer, i acces...

question about leaving messages on server
My husband and I have 1 POP mail account. I am accessing it from a computer in Virginia, where I'm staying with relatives. He is accessing the same account from California. I have my Outlook set up to keep messages on the server, but to delete them after 1 day (so that he will still get the messages, but the server won't get clogged). His email program, Eudora, is set up so the messages will be deleted from the server after he downloads them. Is there a chance I won't get some messages because he has his computer set up that way? (He downloads it 1st, then it gets deleted off serv...

upload form problem / server question
www.icingpictures.co.uk / win xp / frontpage 2003 Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type server with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page extensions - do i need to change to a windows server? Thanks for taking a looka t my question. Joyce Yes, you must have a Windows Server, just like you stated you read. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "threademporium" <threademporiu...

One front-end server multiple back-end servers
Hi, I was wondering if someone could help with the following scenerio and make some suggestions as to an answer. We have 3 exchange AG groups. 1 AG group has 3 exchange servers in it, each located in it's own AD domain. 1 AG group has one exchange server in it, it's in its own AD domain. Thirdly, the last AG group has 2 exchange servers in it, both are in the same AD domain. 1 of these 2 exchange servers in the final AG mentioned is a front-end server, that should be supporting all the exchange back-end servers. The problem we are facing is that when a user from any of the ...

Exchange server and POP3 access
Hi All, I am using Outlook 2003 and have to access an exchange server for work. I also have several POP3 accounts that I access. It all works pretty well, with one aggravation. When I want to send email through one of the POP3 accounts, I select it from the accounts button when composing the message. The problem is that it sends it through the exchange server account, though the return address is correct. I would like it to send the email through the account specified in the configuration for the POP3 account. Why this is an issue, is that the copy of the sent mail is stored in the s...

Re: limit numbers of connections to one server
hi there :-) my pop3 server is limited to 10 query per sec. and per ip. i have abou 16 mail-accounts on this server. the last 6 allways error with timeou or something. is there a way to limit the number of connections to one server i outlook 2002 on windows xp pro? thanks a lo - jazzy_ ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message674073.htm Set your send/receive settings to consecutive mail checks, rather than conc...

Add printer W2K8 error 0x00000002 (Terminal server)
When i try to add a network printer or a local printer it fails with the folowing error: 0x00000002 We have 4 terminal servers and 3 are working fine only one gives this error. I already did the folowing: Removing the printer drivers at the server. Exporting the regkey print from a good working ts to this one. Copying al driver with printmig to the bad server. System information: Windows server 20008 Service pack 2 32 bits Terminal server If someone needs more information, just ask and i will give it to you! Thanks for all your help Kindly Regards, Alex van Duist ...

Incoming mail server problem: outlook will not save my password
Any help would be appreciated. I cannot get outlook 2000 to save my my password for the incoming mail server. Every time I start outlook, I have to manually enter my password. That has only been a slight inconvenience until I added an IMAP mail server. IMAP seems to disconnect itself on a regular basis so it is constantly asking for my password. I have tried everything I can think of to correct the problem including; reinstall the software, delete all outlook files from the C Drive and reinstall software. I know the software works. I test installed it on another computer and it...

New Exchange 2003 Server
I have an existing 2003 server running now. I will be migrating to new 2003 box soon, I have setup the new 2003 box and migrated my email account, but I am unable to send/receive emails. The migration is successfull, it populates outlook, but I get an error "unable to find object". I have put two rules in ISA 2004 one to allow incoming smtp and one for outgoing smtp. DNS entries are in place. Is there something I am missing, can someone please shed some light? Thanks, D When you say you can't send and receive emails, do you mean internally or externally or both? -- Neil ...

Multiple Email Accounts (Exchange, POP3, and IMAP)
When I jsut have my exchange account setup, everything works fine. But when I add either of my other two accounts, the only thing I can do is receive emails. Everytime I respond to an email, it just sits in my Outbox. I have tried selecting an account to use, not selecting an account to use, multiple variations of the send/receiving groups, but nothing works. What version of Outlook do you have? From your description below, it sounds like Outlook 2002. If so, could you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q300479) and post the OPML...

Audit permission in exchange server 2000
Hi, Platform : windows 2000 advance server, exchange 2000 enterprise edition, active directory. I'd like to get any information about how to audit exchange 2000 permission. Thank You. ...

Fastest way to move lots of data between databases on same server.
I need to move 100 Million rows of data from a table in one SQL 08 DB to another database on the same server. What is the fastest way to do this? - Insert Into in one big query - Multiple Insert Into statements looping through xxxx number of rows at a time to "batch" it up -bcp -BULK INSERT -SSIS According to most documentation bcp/Bulk Insert is the fastest way to load lots of data into SQL Server, but is that true even if the data source is another sql server db on the same server? Seems like that would be slower since you have to go to an intermediate text fil...

Mail Server reject when I reply mail.
Dear all, I have problem when I reply my mail it always say it reject from mail server. I try to investigate for this problem and I found that there are hyphen cover the external email address when I double click at email address, for example 'name@company.com' (it should be name@company.com instead (i think)) but internal doesn't has hyphen cover. That cause the server reject my mails because it can sent if I delete the hyphen out . How can I fix this problem ? Regards, Woodykee Woody Kee <WoodyKee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have problem when I r...

How do I allow users in a trusted domain (not in our forrest) access to our exchange 2003 server?
Hello all. We are 2 companies sharing the same office space (and the same ip network). We (Company 1) have an Exchange 2003 server just set up (the old 5.5 is still being used though), although it is not rolled out yet. Company 2 have Internet mail for their employees, that is, their mail is NOT handled on our server, but on an ISP's server. The thing is, as we share offices, we also share resources and phones, and so the users have mailboxes on our 5.5 server solely for the purpose of having Calendar functions available to both them and us (free-busy information and so on). Our domains a...

OL 2002 and Exchange Server
We have Exchange 2000 Server, and I just got a new system with XP Pro and Outlook 2002. I have several "personal' Email accounts defined as POP/SMTP entries, but the Exchange entry is the Default. When I try to Reply to a message received in one of my personal accounts, I get a "550 authentication required" error. I usually get the same result when I try Forwarding a message to an outside address. However, if I open a new message and send to that same outside address, it goes fine. One other note - when I try the Test Account Settings button in the Internet E-mail...