company split - 2 divisions one exchange box

Hi all,

hoping to get some advice on this, the company i work for consists of two
divisions who are effectively looking to split, and do there own thing. But
initially will continue to share resources such as IT. Is it possible in
exchange to allow them both to have there own email addresses such as
name@company1 and name@company2 and to hide these so that relevant
individuals only see the names of users relevent to there division/company in
their address book. Effectively what i need to be able to do is run 2
seperate companies from one exchange box. bearing in mind that both companies
will sit on the same network..

Hope that makes sense

any advice help desperately needed and appreciated.

Thanks

Ian
0
ian (162)

"Ian" <Ian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> hoping to get some advice on this, the company i work for consists of two
> divisions who are effectively looking to split, and do there own thing.
> But
> initially will continue to share resources such as IT. Is it possible in
> exchange to allow them both to have there own email addresses such as
> name@company1 and name@company2 and to hide these so that relevant
> individuals only see the names of users relevent to there division/company
> in
> their address book. Effectively what i need to be able to do is run 2
> seperate companies from one exchange box. bearing in mind that both
> companies
> will sit on the same network..

They can have different domain names - all you have to do is change the
Primary email alias just as you said.  But hiding them is another matter
entirely.

0
kilbyfan (12)

routing issue #2
we have two routers, one is attached to an ISA server which is used mainly for the internet one is attached to the exchange server which is used solely for email the exchange server is sending mail throo the ISA router server - how can i make it use the exchange router ? - the IP of the ISA router is showing in the email headers mark Hi, I presume the default gateway of the Exchange server is the ISA router? Therefore it will always route through it. This is all theory, as I haven't got the time to test it at the moment: Add another IP to your Exchange server, which DFG is the r...

Can any one tell me which one is best? #4
Im trying to pick a mortgage but i dont understand the ins and out can any one tell me which of these is the best? http://www.swoopon.com/Swoopon/mortgage.htm ...

comparing more then one column with numbers and letters
I have 6 columns and many rows in a spreadsheet i want to create a formula that looks at two common columns and if the same replace a column with an amount from another column. Below is sort of an example of what I mean: column a column b column c column d column e column f acc50138 ACCCS20-1 6.14 acc50138 acccs20-1 10.00 acc50140 Prevention 31.05 acc50269 RTU 15.00 acc50379 concentrate 5.00 acc50379 concentrate 5.00 so what i need is the formula to look at column a and d if they are the same then repla...

XML that one of its elements has line break.
Hello, I am using access as my database, One of my columns is memo field, so it has sevral line at its context. Can I convert line break to something readable in XML ? Is there any function for that ? Thanks :) Same thing. Any character, be it ascii or unicode has it's place or number. If Access bitches, it is Access and not Calculus. "Mr. x" <a@b.com> wrote in message news:uaYLyYxeDHA.4024@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello, > I am using access as my database, > One of my columns is memo field, so it has sevral line at its context. > Can I convert line b...

CRM Email account for Exchange has thousands of emails in it.
Is it normal for Exchange to store all emails sent to the CRM email account used for the Exchange router? Do I need to do something in CRM or more likely Exchange to purge these? We have a client that has 7000 emails in it after a couple months. -- Thanks, Brian The emails in the CRM email account should be auto-purged. No user intervention is required. On the Exhange box, - Check that the CRM-Exchange Email Router Service is started - Check the Event log. Thanks for this. So now I have found the the email address set up in when installing the CRM Exchange router is wrong...

Any Help documentation for Exchange 2007?
E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) Did I miss something? Not all the help is completed in the Beta 2 release. "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:1161634519.758601.285030@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > E2k7' help button gives 'Cannot display Help' Technical details: HC not > found. (MS.OSSADMIN.manifest , 1033) > Did I miss something? > ...

chart area line missing in one pace (with picture)
http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg Can anyone tell me why there's a piece of line in the chart area border missing? I checked, and there is no object floating over it. Thanks. If you change the size of the chart area, does the missing postion stay the same? if you change the backgrond color of the chart, what do you see? If you move the chart area in the chart doc, what do you see? If you regenerate the chart what do you get? In other words, I don't know what causes it. "Dave R." wrote: > http://immunizecaadults.org/images/trig.jpg > > Can anyone...

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=22microsoft_office_document_imaging=22_documents=3F?= #2
Is there a program available for Mac that can read "microsoft office document imaging" documents? I have a number of email attachements sent to me with "filename.mdi" that I need to open Can they be opened on a Mac running OS X? ...

Exchange Crash -- all we have is the ispriv.edb file
Hello all -- A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over the ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive. All we want to do is pull the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files. Then, Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the contents of each .PST file back to the server. My question is: If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out of it ? Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this? ;-) Any help appreciated!! Sincerely, Blake http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanage...

Round corners on a box
How do I round corners in a box that I have filled with a colour. Use the autoshapes, it has a rounded square... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nikon tony" <nikon tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DB6B467D-21ED-4516-A324-E3274A6F80C7@microsoft.com... > How do I round corners in a box that I have filled with a colour. Hi Mary, Many thanks for the reply, it hass been 100% useful. I could not for the life of me find that. Thank you. Tomy "Mary Sauer" wrote: > ...

Locking down relaying in Exchange 2000
Hello All, I have searched this newsgroup for recommendations for shutting down the open relay capabilities in Exchange Server 2000. I ran the relay test from a site recommended in a previous post in this group: http://msv.dk/ This test ran and the following are the failures listed from the test. Note: The Ip address, Servername, and domain name have been changed to protect the ignorant (me). Can anyone explain how each of these failures were caused, and even more importantly, how to block them, if, in fact, they are true failures? At the time of this test, the test did not check for ful...

combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Sub Copy_them() > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > Application.ScreenUpdating = False > Set TargetWkbk ...

Multiple emails for one contact in distribution list
I have created a group to send out bi-monthly emails from my personal email account. One of the people in the group would like to have the email sent to her work email and to her personal email. I have attempted to add both email addresses to the group, and initially it does. After syncing, however, the personal email disappears from the group list because it is not the primary email listed in the contact. Is there a way to include both email addresses without creating a separate contact for just the personal email? I am running Outlook 2010 beta. My email is through Hotmai...

select query of parent and child in one row
I have a parent table and a child table one parent has between 1 and 6 children in the child table I wont a query to have the parent and the child in one "row" how do I create that? thanks for helping me Your table structure is not correct for a relational database but this will get you there. This has three but you get the idea and expand on it. Place the table in the design grid as many times as you have field to combine. SELECT MultipleFieldData.x, MultipleFieldData.a & IIf(MultipleFieldData_1.b Is Null,Null," " & MultipleFieldData_1.b) & IIf(MultipleF...

New to exchange #3
Does anyone know how to take a large file break it down to smaller parts send it through outlook and then merge it back into one file within outlook on the other end. Apparently there is a way to do thi within outlook. There isn't anyway to do that with Outlook. You could do it with WinRAR, or search for a program on google called HJSplit. Winzip can create files like that too, but I prefer WinRAR. -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

Entourage 2008 Web Services Edition cannot connect to Exchange Server 2007
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I have been using Entourage 2008 to connect to our Exchange server since it's release (part of Office 2008) and I have recently followed the instructions to update it to the Web Services Edition. I am now unable to connect to my Exchange account with this version but as soon as I re-install the 'normal' version of Entourage 2008 everything works. <br><br>Is there something I need to enable on the Exchange 2007 server to allow the Web Services Edition to connect? ...

Setting Public Folder Permissions (Exchange 2003)
We have a public folder on our Exchange server that stores all of our client contact information. I know that there is a way to assign permissions (Owner, Editor, etc) to the other Exchange users. I did this once or twice when we were on Exchange 5.5. How would I do that on Exchange 2003? It is in the Exchange Tasks of each user in AD? Is it something in the Exchange console that I am missing? forgot to send you the link (-: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422C0AB424&displaylang=en oz -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu __________...

problem while starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service
Hi, I am facing some problem with starting "Microsoft Exchange Information Store" service. Did a fresh exchange server installation and after reboot this service was not running. I tried running this service manually but getting error as "Could not start Microsoft Exchange Information Store service on Local Computer Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" In the event Application logs i am getting some warnings and error related to 1. The MAD Monitoring thread was unable to read its configuration from the DS, error ...

Date format problem #2
Dear All, Please suggest me the solution of my problem, as i m handling data for 60,000 in no.Some body in data entry has enter the date in a cell in gernal format e.g 20.03.2003 tht is 20th march 2003, i wnt to convert in the date fomat,like 3/20/03.. i tried ..but i failed to tht please suggest some alternative solution for tht..becoz it is not possible to do it mannually waiting for the response Thanks NISHANT Nishant Try using Data/Text to Columns. and assign the information as a date. Andy. "Nishant" <nishant.khare@wipro.com> wrote in message news:090201c37ce0$1b...

Pivot table sorting #2
Hello, I have a pivot table report for partnumber and values. This report is based on a database containing details like partnumber source import flag Description total value... etc. In my report i would like to sort the table in descending order of total value. I have tried advanced option by double clicking the total value field and changing the autosorting option to descending(total). But i am not getting the required result. My version of excel is Microsoft office excel 2003. Pivot table report is given below Source (All) Imp (All) Sub (All) Description (All) ...

convert time into decimal #2
=IF(E44="","X",E40-E44) the formula above where E40 is the time now, and E44 is the time of 2 hours ago. I want to return 2 instead of 2:00 PM. How do I do this? I do this but it does not work (E40-E44)*24. ...

comapring 2 seperate workbook
HELP!!! Is there any way you can compare 2 workbooks. for example, would be looking for a match (of values) from single columb o workbook 'a' to values of single columb from workbook 'b'. When eve there is a match between these two, maybe I can write it on ne workbook?(automatically). Or if there is any other tricks, please le me know. (I am sick of comparing it maually and when there is a match I am cutting and pasting to new workbook) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point have a look at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#Ex...

CRM 1.2 SBS 2003 Can not install exchange email router
Logged on as domain admin throughout. Installed CRM successfully, followed install instructions, did not install to local host installed web to a hostheader of "companyweb" port 80. during Exchange email router setup I get an error when specifying CRM server and web - "one or more os the MS CRM servers you listed is invalid or you do not have administrator priveleges on that server...." server name: sbssrb01 web http://companyweb If I go into IIS can not open CRM web get - http Error 403 - Forbidden: Access is denied. All services are on 1 server "sbssrv01&qu...

Exporting existing info from outlook 2003 to exchange server
This must be an easy thing to do or it is not possible. I'm hoping that what I am about to describe is easy and I'm just missing something ? We got exchange server to share calendars and inbox information. I set up exchange server - no problem. I have Outlook 2003 on one machine and have outlook 2002 on other. The Outlook 2003 machine has a ton of data and a calendar that goes out almost another year with appointments. I am able to delegate and allow the 2002 Outlook user to share a calendar and inbox on the exchange server - albeit ... the calendar and inbox are empty. I was feeli...

arrow keys #2
To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on each cell to get there. Do you know how to fix it? Thanks. What happens when you use the arrow key? Check if your scroll lock is on or if you have something under tools>options>transition -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Shirley Smith" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079201c3af8e$fa3acc00$a001280a@phx.gbl... > To move from cell to cell, I used my arrow and enter > keys. They no longer work in Excel. I have to click on > eac...