company name change

Hello

Our company has recently changes names. We already have two email domains
currently in use, one set as primary for everything and another which was
used in the past. We have one defined SMTP address, which is primary for all
users. We also have another which was used int he past, but is not listed as
a SMTP address in EXCH system mgr, recipients policies.
Of course, I have a new domain to add as our primary smtp address and will
need to make the current smtp address secondary for users.
In EXCH system mgr, I do see CCMAIL and MS properties which appear to be our
old email domain (not current).
I did pull the following artcile up for adding the new (third) domain name.
KB289833 - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289833
I have many questions in this regards.....
1. We can have multiple MX records on our external dns server pointing to
this eXCH server?
2. I will need an additional A record on our internal DNS server for the new
email domain?
3. We have two Windows SMTP servers on our DMZ, but I do not think anything
will need changed. EXCH is obvisouly behind our DMZ. We do use email
filtering software, which I assume will need dfined for the new email domain.
4. When following this article and creating the SMTP in EXCH.....will it be
an additional smtp address? More than one in EXCH mgr? Recipient policies
need redefined?
5. Any tips on changing user primary smtps and keeping the old one as
secondary? Scripts/LDAP?
6. OWA - we do use a front end EXCH server. Anyone have experience changing
the https address?

If anyone has been through this type of change before, your experiences and
suggestions would be appreciated very much.

Thank you,

Mark Clark

0
MarkClark (48)

Inline...

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> Our company has recently changes names. We already have two email domains
> currently in use, one set as primary for everything and another which was
> used in the past. We have one defined SMTP address, which is primary for
> all
> users. We also have another which was used int he past, but is not listed
> as
> a SMTP address in EXCH system mgr, recipients policies.
> Of course, I have a new domain to add as our primary smtp address and will
> need to make the current smtp address secondary for users.
> In EXCH system mgr, I do see CCMAIL and MS properties which appear to be
> our
> old email domain (not current).
> I did pull the following artcile up for adding the new (third) domain
> name.
> KB289833 - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289833
> I have many questions in this regards.....
> 1. We can have multiple MX records on our external dns server pointing to
> this eXCH server?

Yes.  MX records for multiple domains can point to the same host.  In your
case, as long as the new domain is configured in a recipient policy,
Exchange will accept e-mail for that domain.

> 2. I will need an additional A record on our internal DNS server for the
> new
> email domain?

No - you shouldn't have to do this.  External DNS will be fine here.

> 3. We have two Windows SMTP servers on our DMZ, but I do not think
> anything
> will need changed. EXCH is obvisouly behind our DMZ. We do use email
> filtering software, which I assume will need dfined for the new email
> domain.

If your Windows SMTP servers currently accept e-mail for your other
domain(s), then you'll have to add the new domain to them as well.  Aside
from that, configuring the filtering software would be the only other thing
I see needs to be done.

> 4. When following this article and creating the SMTP in EXCH.....will it
> be
> an additional smtp address? More than one in EXCH mgr? Recipient policies
> need redefined?

Yes - it would be an *additional* e-mail address.  You can optionally define
that the new address be set as the Primary (Reply-To) address, which it
sounds like you would.  This should address point 5 as well.  I don't
understand the last 2 parts of this question though.  More than one *what*
in EXCH mgr?  Recipient policies need redefined means what?  The article
steps you through adding this new SMTP address to your default recipient
policy.  If you have multiple recipient policies, then you need to add it to
the appropriate policies.

> 5. Any tips on changing user primary smtps and keeping the old one as
> secondary? Scripts/LDAP?

Addressed with above settings in Recipient policy.

> 6. OWA - we do use a front end EXCH server. Anyone have experience
> changing
> the https address?

This one's a bit harder.  You can easily create a new A record in external
DNS for owa.newdomain.com that points to the same IP address as the old OWA
server, but you will have a problem with the certificate if you do this.
Are you wanting OWA to continue to work with the old domain?

> If anyone has been through this type of change before, your experiences
> and
> suggestions would be appreciated very much.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Mark Clark

0
Ben
7/10/2006 4:50:06 PM
Thanks Ben, I really appreciate the input.

1. Understood for MX records. I imagine this record would point to one of my
smTP servers on the DMZ?

2. OK

3. We do receive email via our SMTP servers. How do I make modifications for
this Windows services to allow the new domain to receive emails? I did not
notice a GUI under Start-Programs or Admin Tools.

4. Yes, we would like to make the new domain the primary address for
everyone. Our existing Recip Policy shows smtp as our current domain used. It
does not show an old domain we also use. (not our first name change) I would
like to add the new domain to the Recip POlicy (as I have read in various
articles and discussions.) However, I do not want new users to receive the
current address, but only our new domain name. The current domain name must
be active. Can I use the existing Recip Policy?
Do we have to have a Recip POlicy for any domain to accept email? Slight
confusion here, obviously.
If we have a MX record pointing to SMTP/EXCHG then will email be delievcered
so long as there is an object (mailbox) with that available domain name, or
is a Recip Policy a must?? Based on our current config, I notice our current
address, but not our old and of course I will be adding a new. Hopefully this
makes better sense?
We tried the Recip POlicy and force update in test, but to no prevail..yet.

5. Yes, I believe we do want to change the OWA config. I get DNS changes and
possible certificate issues. That should be it right? Otherwise it is the
same old front end server? I mean OWA is just mailbox specific,not address
specific, except for what url we use to access?

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> [...]
> policy.  If you have multiple recipient policies, then you need to add it to
> the appropriate policies.
>
> > 5. Any tips on changing user primary smtps and keeping the old one as
> > secondary? Scripts/LDAP?
>
> Addressed with above settings in Recipient policy.
>
> > 6. OWA - we do use a front end EXCH server. Anyone have experience
> > changing
> > the https address?
>
> This one's a bit harder.  You can easily create a new A record in external
> DNS for owa.newdomain.com that points to the same IP address as the old OWA
> server, but you will have a problem with the certificate if you do this.
> Are you wanting OWA to continue to work with the old domain?
>

> > If anyone has been through this type of change before, your experiences
> > and
> > suggestions would be appreciated very much.

0
MarkClark (48)
7/10/2006 6:01:02 PM
1.  That would be my guess.

3.  I'm not sure how your SMTP servers are configured.  It could be that the
new domain simply needs to be configured in the Filtering software.  Or, it
could be that you need to add the new domain into the IIS SMTP server and
specify that it forward mail to the Exchange org.  I'd use the existing
domain settings as a template here.

4.  Do you only have 1 Recipient Policy currently?  It sounds like what you
need to do is keep the current one (so Exchange will receive mail at the
existing domain), and then create a new Recipient Policy that applies to
*all* users, that only has the new domain.  The reason I say this is because
only 1 Recipient Policy will apply to a user account, and  if you create a
new one, it will have a higher priority than the Default policy, so it will
get applied.  To answer the second part of the question, having an MX record
is not enough.  The Recipient Policy bit is what tells Exchange it is
*allowed* to receive e-mail for a domain.

5.  I believe so.  With the certificate, you'd have to get a new one to
resolve the errors.  It isn't that OWA won't work, it's just that you'd get
a certificate warning that the name doesn't match.  Depending on how new
your current cert is, the provider *may* allow you to get it re-issued.
Since you can only have 1 certificate per website, you'd then have to remove
the current one and then install the new one.

--

> [...]
>> the appropriate policies.
>>
>> > 5. Any tips on changing user primary smtps and keeping the old one as
>> > secondary? Scripts/LDAP?
>>
>> Addressed with above settings in Recipient policy.
>>
>> > 6. OWA - we do use a front end EXCH server. Anyone have experience
>> > changing
>> > the https address?
>>
>> This one's a bit harder.  You can easily create a new A record in
>> external
>> DNS for owa.newdomain.com that points to the same IP address as the old
>> OWA
>> server, but you will have a problem with the certificate if you do this.
>> Are you wanting OWA to continue to work with the old domain?
>>

>> > If anyone has been through this type of change before, your experiences
>> > and
>> > suggestions would be appreciated very much.

0
Ben
7/10/2006 6:33:09 PM
Thanks again!

We have two Recip Policies, Default and another named Email Purge. The
Default Policy lists our current domain as SMTP, it is the only SMTP address
used in Recip Policies. Currently, we also receive email at another address,
another old company name. How are we getting that email? Would it be the
CCMail for our Defaul Recip Policy?
We certainly want to continue to receive email at our current address. Plug
in the new address, make sure it is the default address when creating new
user accounts (fyi..our internal domain is not changing, Windows DCs.) set
primary for everyone as new address and leave old address for everyone as
secondary smtp address.

Thanks again, I appreciate the collaboration.

> [...]

> >> sounds like you would.  This should address point 5 as well.  I don't
> >> understand the last 2 parts of this question though.  More than one
> >> *what*
> >> in EXCH mgr?  Recipient policies need redefined means what?  The article
> >> steps you through adding this new SMTP address to your default recipient
> >> policy.  If you have multiple recipient policies, then you need to add it
> >> the appropriate policies.

> >> Addressed with above settings in Recipient policy.

> >> This one's a bit harder.  You can easily create a new A record in
> >> external
> >> DNS for owa.newdomain.com that points to the same IP address as the old
> >> OWA
> >> server, but you will have a problem with the certificate if you do this.
> >> Are you wanting OWA to continue to work with the old domain?

0
MarkClark (48)
7/10/2006 7:03:02 PM
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289833
It would seem that more than one SMTP address can be used for a single recip
policy. This areticle should address many of my questions.

> [...]

> >> sounds like you would.  This should address point 5 as well.  I don't
> >> understand the last 2 parts of this question though.  More than one
> >> *what*
> >> in EXCH mgr?  Recipient policies need redefined means what?  The article
> >> steps you through adding this new SMTP address to your default recipient
> >> policy.  If you have multiple recipient policies, then you need to add it
> >> the appropriate policies.

> >> Addressed with above settings in Recipient policy.

> >> This one's a bit harder.  You can easily create a new A record in
> >> external
> >> DNS for owa.newdomain.com that points to the same IP address as the old
> >> OWA
> >> server, but you will have a problem with the certificate if you do this.
> >> Are you wanting OWA to continue to work with the old domain?

0
MarkClark (48)
7/10/2006 7:14:02 PM
Yes, more than one SMTP address can be used for a single recipient policy.

I suppose what you could do here is:

1.  Add new domain to Default recipient policy.
2.  Make new domain Default (Reply-to) address, making sure that Exchange is
set to be authoritative.
3.  Uncheck "current" domain - this will prevent Exchange from stamping new
users with an e-mail address using current domain.

As far as how you are receiving mail, I'm not sure.  It isn't the CCMAIL
address (that is for Lotus Notes).  Do you have some sort of POP3 connector
in place?  Aside from that, if the domain isn't listed in a recipient
policy, Exchanage can't receive mail for that domain.

--

> [...]
>> > name,
>> > or
>> > is a Recip Policy a must?? Based on our current config, I notice our
>> > current
>> > address, but not our old and of course I will be adding a new.
>> > Hopefully
>> > this
>> > makes better sense?
>> > We tried the Recip POlicy and force update in test, but to no
>> > prevail..yet.
>> >
>> > 5. Yes, I believe we do want to change the OWA config. I get DNS
>> > changes
>> > and
>> > possible certificate issues. That should be it right? Otherwise it is
>> > the
>> > same old front end server? I mean OWA is just mailbox specific,not
>> > address
>> > specific, except for what url we use to access?

0
Ben
7/10/2006 7:44:58 PM
Hi Ben

I was tasked with this assignment today AND OF COURSE THEY NEED IT asap :)

The old address, that I thought also worked, is just internal. It no longer
works externally, which makes sense because it does not show up as SMTP in
our recipient policy or in IIS on our SMTP server.  --Thanks for the heads up
on where to look for SMTP config.

1. Agreed
2. I think I just need to make the new domain name primary, accoding to the
article I mentioned earlier. Leaving the current (old) domain name available,
as secondary in Recip Policies. Not sure what you mean by authoritative?
 Thanks again....

If you have anything else to offer up, please feel free!

> [...]

> >> only 1 Recipient Policy will apply to a user account, and  if you create
> >> new one, it will have a higher priority than the Default policy, so it
> >> will
> >> get applied.  To answer the second part of the question, having an MX
> >> record
> >> is not enough.  The Recipient Policy bit is what tells Exchange it is
> >> *allowed* to receive e-mail for a domain.
> >>
> >> 5.  I believe so.  With the certificate, you'd have to get a new one to
> >> resolve the errors.  It isn't that OWA won't work, it's just that you'd
> >> get
> >> a certificate warning that the name doesn't match.  Depending on how new
> >> your current cert is, the provider *may* allow you to get it re-issued.
> >> Since you can only have 1 certificate per website, you'd then have to
> >> remove
> >> the current one and then install the new one.

0
MarkClark (48)
7/10/2006 8:32:01 PM
If you edit the smtp address in the policy, you'll see a section for "This
Exchange server is authoritative...."  Just make sure it's checked.

Last note is that you had mentioned before that you didn't want new users to
get the current domain.  If this is true, just "uncheck" the current domain
after you've added the new one.

--

> Hi Ben
>
> I was tasked with this assignment today AND OF COURSE THEY NEED IT asap :)
>
> The old address, that I thought also worked, is just internal. It no
> longer
> works externally, which makes sense because it does not show up as SMTP in
> our recipient policy or in IIS on our SMTP server.  --Thanks for the heads
> up
> on where to look for SMTP config.
>
> 1. Agreed
> 2. I think I just need to make the new domain name primary, accoding to
> the
> article I mentioned earlier. Leaving the current (old) domain name
> available,
> as secondary in Recip Policies. Not sure what you mean by authoritative?
> Thanks again....
>
> If you have anything else to offer up, please feel free!
>

> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Yes, more than one SMTP address can be used for a single recipient
>> policy.
>>
>> I suppose what you could do here is:
>>
>> 1.  Add new domain to Default recipient policy.
>> 2.  Make new domain Default (Reply-to) address, making sure that Exchange
>> is
>> set to be authoritative.
>> 3.  Uncheck "current" domain - this will prevent Exchange from stamping
>> new
>> users with an e-mail address using current domain.
>>
>> As far as how you are receiving mail, I'm not sure.  It isn't the CCMAIL
>> address (that is for Lotus Notes).  Do you have some sort of POP3
>> connector
>> in place?  Aside from that, if the domain isn't listed in a recipient
>> policy, Exchanage can't receive mail for that domain.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=289833
>> > It would seem that more than one SMTP address can be used for a single
>> > recip
>> > policy. This areticle should address many of my questions.

0
Ben
7/10/2006 9:12:39 PM
I can add more than one domain name on our smtp (IIS) config right? Using
same settings of course.

Also, uncheck huh? So two SMTP definitions would be displayed in Recip
Policies, but only one checked? Both work of course and the new one primary
for replies.

I ams tarting to feel pretty comfortable. Thanks again!

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> If you edit the smtp address in the policy, you'll see a section for "This
> Exchange server is authoritative...."  Just make sure it's checked.
>
> Last note is that you had mentioned before that you didn't want new users to
> get the current domain.  If this is true, just "uncheck" the current domain
> after you've added the new one.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Ben
> >
> > I was tasked with this assignment today AND OF COURSE THEY NEED IT asap :)
> >
> > The old address, that I thought also worked, is just internal. It no
> > longer
> > works externally, which makes sense because it does not show up as SMTP in
> > our recipient policy or in IIS on our SMTP server.  --Thanks for the heads
> > up
> > on where to look for SMTP config.
> >
> > 1. Agreed
> > 2. I think I just need to make the new domain name primary, accoding to
> > the
> > article I mentioned earlier. Leaving the current (old) domain name
> > available,
> > as secondary in Recip Policies. Not sure what you mean by authoritative?
> > Thanks again....
> >
> > If you have anything else to offer up, please feel free!
> >

> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes, more than one SMTP address can be used for a single recipient
> >> policy.
> >>
> >> I suppose what you could do here is:
> >>
> >> 1.  Add new domain to Default recipient policy.
> >> 2.  Make new domain Default (Reply-to) address, making sure that Exchange
> >> is
> >> set to be authoritative.
> >> 3.  Uncheck "current" domain - this will prevent Exchange from stamping
> >> new
> >> users with an e-mail address using current domain.
> >>
> >> As far as how you are receiving mail, I'm not sure.  It isn't the CCMAIL
> >> address (that is for Lotus Notes).  Do you have some sort of POP3
> >> connector
> >> in place?  Aside from that, if the domain isn't listed in a recipient
> >> policy, Exchanage can't receive mail for that domain.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> "Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MarkClark (48)
7/10/2006 9:33:02 PM
smtp (IIS) config where?  On your Windows SMTP Servers?  Yes.

On your Exchange server?  There shouldn't be an SMTP section under IIS
Manager.

Re: uncheck - yes.  Both should work, but only the checked one would get
stamped on new users.  If you furthermore choose to Apply the policy Now
after you make the changes, it should update all existing mail-enabled
objects with the new address (and make it primary).  It will not, however,
remove any old e-mail addresses.

--

>I can add more than one domain name on our smtp (IIS) config right? Using
> same settings of course.
>
> Also, uncheck huh? So two SMTP definitions would be displayed in Recip
> Policies, but only one checked? Both work of course and the new one
> primary
> for replies.
>
> I ams tarting to feel pretty comfortable. Thanks again!
>

> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If you edit the smtp address in the policy, you'll see a section for
>> "This
>> Exchange server is authoritative...."  Just make sure it's checked.
>>
>> Last note is that you had mentioned before that you didn't want new users
>> get the current domain.  If this is true, just "uncheck" the current
>> domain
>> after you've added the new one.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Ben
>> >
>> > I was tasked with this assignment today AND OF COURSE THEY NEED IT asap
>> > :)
>> >
>> > The old address, that I thought also worked, is just internal. It no
>> > longer
>> > works externally, which makes sense because it does not show up as SMTP
>> > in
>> > our recipient policy or in IIS on our SMTP server.  --Thanks for the
>> > heads
>> > up
>> > on where to look for SMTP config.
>> >
>> > 1. Agreed
>> > 2. I think I just need to make the new domain name primary, accoding to
>> > the
>> > article I mentioned earlier. Leaving the current (old) domain name
>> > available,
>> > as secondary in Recip Policies. Not sure what you mean by
>> > authoritative?
>> > Thanks again....
>> >
>> > If you have anything else to offer up, please feel free!

0
Ben
7/10/2006 10:01:32 PM
Hi Ben

One last question for ya...

After adding the new SMTP domain in Recip Policies and making it primary, I
do NOT want new users to get the current (old) address. I see where this can
be accomplished by unchecking the smtp domain for Generation Rules. After
unchecking this SMTP domain in Recip Policies, will mail still be delivered
apporpriately? as normal?

Thanks again,

Mark

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:

> smtp (IIS) config where?  On your Windows SMTP Servers?  Yes.
>
> On your Exchange server?  There shouldn't be an SMTP section under IIS
> Manager.
>
> Re: uncheck - yes.  Both should work, but only the checked one would get
> stamped on new users.  If you furthermore choose to Apply the policy Now
> after you make the changes, it should update all existing mail-enabled
> objects with the new address (and make it primary).  It will not, however,
> remove any old e-mail addresses.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can add more than one domain name on our smtp (IIS) config right? Using
> > same settings of course.
> >
> > Also, uncheck huh? So two SMTP definitions would be displayed in Recip
> > Policies, but only one checked? Both work of course and the new one
> > primary
> > for replies.
> >
> > I ams tarting to feel pretty comfortable. Thanks again!
> >

> > "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> If you edit the smtp address in the policy, you'll see a section for
> >> "This
> >> Exchange server is authoritative...."  Just make sure it's checked.
> >>
> >> Last note is that you had mentioned before that you didn't want new users
> >> get the current domain.  If this is true, just "uncheck" the current
> >> domain
> >> after you've added the new one.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Ben Winzenz
> >> Exchange MVP
> >> MessageOne
> >> Read my blog!
> >> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> >> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
> >>

> >> "Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
MarkClark (48)
7/12/2006 5:09:02 PM
A good way to achieve this is to put all domains for which your server(s)
receive mail in the default recipient policy, and create a higher-priority
policy that actually assigns the addresses to users.  The higher-priority
policy doesn't have to have the undesriable addresses, and unless you force
its application across the entire domain, your existing users' proxy
addresses won't be modified.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> Hi Ben
>
> One last question for ya...
>
> After adding the new SMTP domain in Recip Policies and making it primary,
> do NOT want new users to get the current (old) address. I see where this
> can
> be accomplished by unchecking the smtp domain for Generation Rules. After
> unchecking this SMTP domain in Recip Policies, will mail still be
> delivered
> apporpriately? as normal?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Mark
>

> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> smtp (IIS) config where?  On your Windows SMTP Servers?  Yes.
>>
>> On your Exchange server?  There shouldn't be an SMTP section under IIS
>> Manager.
>>
>> Re: uncheck - yes.  Both should work, but only the checked one would get
>> stamped on new users.  If you furthermore choose to Apply the policy Now
>> after you make the changes, it should update all existing mail-enabled
>> objects with the new address (and make it primary).  It will not,
>> however,
>> remove any old e-mail addresses.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I can add more than one domain name on our smtp (IIS) config right?
>> >Using
>> > same settings of course.
>> >
>> > Also, uncheck huh? So two SMTP definitions would be displayed in Recip
>> > Policies, but only one checked? Both work of course and the new one
>> > primary
>> > for replies.
>> >
>> > I ams tarting to feel pretty comfortable. Thanks again!

0
curspice6401 (3487)
7/12/2006 5:34:37 PM
It is my understanding that yes, mail will still be delivered as normal.
Unchecking that box should only prevent that address from being stamped by
RUS (Recipient Update Service).

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP
MessageOne
Read my blog!
http://winzenz.blogspot.com

"Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Ben
>
> One last question for ya...
>
> After adding the new SMTP domain in Recip Policies and making it primary,
> do NOT want new users to get the current (old) address. I see where this
> can
> be accomplished by unchecking the smtp domain for Generation Rules. After
> unchecking this SMTP domain in Recip Policies, will mail still be
> delivered
> apporpriately? as normal?
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Mark
>

> "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote:
>
>> smtp (IIS) config where?  On your Windows SMTP Servers?  Yes.
>>
>> On your Exchange server?  There shouldn't be an SMTP section under IIS
>> Manager.
>>
>> Re: uncheck - yes.  Both should work, but only the checked one would get
>> stamped on new users.  If you furthermore choose to Apply the policy Now
>> after you make the changes, it should update all existing mail-enabled
>> objects with the new address (and make it primary).  It will not,
>> however,
>> remove any old e-mail addresses.
>>
>> --
>> Ben Winzenz
>> Exchange MVP
>> MessageOne
>> Read my blog!
>> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>>

>> "Mark Clark" <MarkClark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I can add more than one domain name on our smtp (IIS) config right?
>> >Using
>> > same settings of course.
>> >
>> > Also, uncheck huh? So two SMTP definitions would be displayed in Recip
>> > Policies, but only one checked? Both work of course and the new one
>> > primary
>> > for replies.
>> >
>> > I ams tarting to feel pretty comfortable. Thanks again!

0
Ben

Rename all folder names to lowercase
How to rename all folder names to lowercase. All examples found with google faild. Anna Hi Anna, Windows doesn't do case sensitive names so you must go through an intermediate name. For example... # Get all folders in the current folder containing upper-case # characters in the name Get-ChildItem | ?{ $_.PsIsContainer -And $_.Name -CMatch "[A-Z]" } | %{ # Get the lower case version of the name $Name = $_.Name.ToLower() # Rename the item to a temporary name, using PassThru to return # the renamed item $TempItem = Rename-Item -Path $_.F...

deleting all 70 names how can i do this
please help me Helen Remember, we aren't there. We can't see what you're talking about. .... and "how" depends on "what"... Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. You can thank the FTC of the USA for making this disclaimer possible/ne...

Preventing changes to received messages
Outlook allows me to modify a received message's body and subject field. So if Bob sends me an email, I can open it, change the body's content, save it, and it looks like that's how I received it. Then if I print or forward it, it looks like Bob sent me something he in reality didn't. Is there a way to disable that? Can the integrity of a received message be protected? Can this be done without digital signitures? Hi, I do not think that is possible !!! Sorry for that . Hope this helps !!! With Regards, Sudharson.AN "Hall" <hall@garp.org> wrote in mes...

Change rows to columns for similar records
Hi - am trying to change rows to columns for similar records. How do I do that? e.g. Staff A Cellular No. XXXXX Staff A Office No. XXXX Staff B Cellular No. XXXXX Staff B Office No. XXXXX Wld like for it be in the following row Staff Cellular No Office No A XXXXX XXXXX B XXXXX XXXXXX Do advise. Thanks. one way would be Would be to set up your "heading" as such Cell Phone Staff A 1 2 Staff B 3 4 Then assuming that Staff A is in B8 Staff B is in B9 Cell is in C7 Phone is in D7 In cell c8 enter ...

rpc http outlook 2003 different names on certificate
Anyone would throw some light in this please. Setup Server FQDN is abc.net on certificate domain name is xyz.local I have tried all the permutations and Config client from START -->Mail then start outlook 2003. there is a popup box to logon, when I type in user name and password, after a while the following message came back without fail. "The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action". (BTW, if the name on certificate is same as the domain name, I don't have problem in setting up rpc over ...

Track Changes problem in Excel 2007
I have excel workbooks created in Excel 2003 that I exchange with others, some of whom have Excel 2007. With some (but not all) of those users, the track changes function comes back corrupted, with the changes noted for the wrong cells. My users add rows, sort and filter the worksheet (along with making corrections to the data). Has anyone else had this problem or have any idea how it can be fixed? I don't ever have this problem with users who use pre-2007 Excel. Thanks so much ...

SFO Does not Pull By customer names
CRM 1.2 Server = w2003 SQL2000 user = XP (mostly laptops) This broke on Monday, no apparent reason found. When a use in outlook clicks on the CRM appointmet tab, then the regarding tab and enters a search text string, a list of customer names is not returned. The names used to be returned immediately but now, nothing. No error message, no data, nothing. Have verified IIS setting to be correct (walked through these with MS Support). Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Jim ...

change start page number #2
This is just killing me! I'm trying to edit a file I did a year ago, and I can't remember how to change the document's first page number. In other words, I have two publisher documents that need to be linked together. The first is 30 pages long, so I want the second to begin page numbering with page 31. I currently have it starting at 35, but I can't figure out how to change it. Pleeeeease help. Thank you. tools/options/general/ start pub with page.... -- "Display tolerance & kindness to those with less knowledge than you because there is ALWAYS someone ...

Change BG color in Wordpad instance
Greetings all, I have a powershell script which generates rich text file (.rtf) reports that contain a lot of detailed data which needs to be examined carefully over long periods. This could be done in greater comfort if the background color of the WordPad instance in which the report is displayed could be changed to black (or whatever color I choose) from the default white. # This paragraph is optional reading; skip if low on time or patience... In seeking a solution, I happened upon the help file for the Add-Type command (I'm using Powershell V2 (CTP3)) and found example 5 p...

Charts
I have information scattered around the spreadsheet. I want to create a column chart with certain information from this speadsheet. I clicked on the chart wizard button, clicked on the column chart and then I clicked on the series tab. I started adding series, typed in the name and clicked on a value of the spreadsheet. What I want is for the names that I typed to appear on the x axis, under each column that they represent. How can I do this?? I've looked for hours!!! Hi, What you need is the X-axis Labels box of the Series tab. However, if your data is spead all over the place ...

which is the chart name, which contains X, y , z in Excel 2007
In Excel 2003 i was able to use chart under custom tab 1 line 2 columns, i want the same in Excel 2007 Hi, xl2007 does not have Custom chart types. Instead you need to construct your own. Create a column chart based on all data series. Select the series you wish to plot as a line chart. From the ribbon Design > Type > Change chart type, select Line chart. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Ananth" <Ananth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35EFD7D5-23C6-4095-9D70-CF22827876DB@microsoft.com... > In Excel 200...

Changing AP Coding
Is it possible to change (correct) G/L coding of an A/P transaction once is is posted and paid? Thank you all in advance! No. Do a journal entry to correct the G/L part of the entry. -- Lyle U Todd wrote: > Is it possible to change (correct) G/L coding of an A/P transaction > once is is posted and paid? > > Thank you all in advance! Thank you. I was hoping there was a way. It would be much cleaner in the G/L if it would show as an A/P transaction. Todd "Lyle U" wrote: > No. > > Do a journal entry to correct the G/L part of the entry. > > --...

animation change color defaluts PP 2007
I'm using animation to change color of text (on click change the color to "my custom red") in my presentation and would like to change the default font color of "blue" and the speed "medium" to "my custom red" and "very fast". In that I'm making several hunded animation changes it would be super helpful if I could change the default color to my choices and avoid several clicks to get the settings I need. There's no way to change the default it's "hard wired" You might be able to write or get written a m...

How can I set/change the description of a mailbox store?
Hi: How can I set/change the description of a mailbox store in Exchange 2003 Ent? Also in the System Manager>Tools>Mailbox Recovery Centre, you can search for a mailbox store it is the place I saw there is description for it. I tried right click to the mailbox store, it only gives me renaming... Also how can I search mailbox store in AD? Since in the Mailbox Recovery Centre: the search type says: 'user and object' however, in AD, I can't find the type 'object' Have you considered using the 'Details' field? Right click Mailsitore | Properties | Details O...

FRx Changing Fiscal Years
Client has decided to change fiscal year from Oct-Sep to Jan-Dec. I changed the fiscal year for 2010 and 2009. For 2009 they will have a 15 month year. I ran reconcile GL for 2009 and 2010. Frx is not picking up the correct fiscal periods. it has November 2009 as 11/29/09 as opposed to 11/30/09 even though in fiscal period setup it is 11/30/09. The balances for Sep do not agree with the balances for Sep prior to the switch. Are there some other tables I have to update to complete this change? You may need to rename the .G32 files in the FRx Sysdata directory, which will rebuild...

sorry, I could not find any host named <domain name> (#5.1.2)
I upgraded to Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 over the weekend. Now, I can not send email to yahoo accounts and when sending from yahoo back, I get the above message. I do not have a "smarthost" setup and am running DNS on the exchange as well. I went to www.dnsreport.com and it says all is fine. Any ideas with what is going on with my SMTP? Setting wrong? TIA, Darrin hi darrin! either check your DNS snapin, in the properties of your dns server if you have set dns forwarders. use at least one external dns, e.g. the dns of your isp. or you open the properties of you smtp vir...

Cost changes on one inserted project in master project
Project Server (PS) 2007 SP2 MSO I have a master project (MP) with several inserted projects. The MP is not stored on PS. It was built by inserting projects from PS and breaking each link. Calculate is set to manual. I open the MP which has all inserted projects collasped. I expand one and the cost changes (turns blue) in the one above it (still collasped). I calculate and it turns back to the number it was. Why? These are inserted projects, none of them roll into another. Also, often a number turns blue but there is no change. I have taken it to the 13th decimal (in e...

smtp server name
I am just wondering if anyone could help with getting outlook to check my msn email I don't know the smtp of the pop3 server names to put into the set up wizard. You don't need to. Use a HTTP mail server instead and enter your e-mail address. The MSN server configuration will pop-up automatically. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Tips for cleaning up your mailbox Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparna...

Changing Prices for next year?
On my form I have a list box attached to a price table that puts in the price when I select a certain sized purchased by the dealer. I am running a query that adds up how much we grossed. But now in 07 we are increasing prices how do I change prices in the table with out affecting last years numbers? Do I need to make a 07 table and have it so I select which price table to use on the form when the dealer purchases one?...

Can I change the toolbar icon dynamically ?
Hi, I need to change icon of my toolbar dynamically. I mean as per the state of the application, i need to change the icon. Like, I have a button on toolbar for checking mails. And I also have autocheck functionality. Now, when application is checking the mails, i need to show stop icon over there (on the same place). And after finishing checking, i need to show the normal check icon at that position. Can anybody let me know how can I achieve this using MFC ?? Regards, Jigar Mehta Jigar Mehta wrote: > Hi, > > I need to change icon of my toolbar dynamically. I mean as per the >...

Resetting guessing of names
Good day, Is there a way to reset the suggested name/e-mail address that pops up when typing recipients names in the To: field of an e-mail? I do not wish to simply turn off the feature entirely, as is documented in the help file. It is problematic for an e-mail address of a colleague has changed and Outlook does not "learn" that there is a new e-mail address for this person. Contacts is my principle address source (as opposed to Windows Address Book or other address book options). All references to the old e-mail address have been deleted from Contacts. Remov...

Changing the Regarding field in a case created by EmailToCase
I've got c360's EmailToCase set up to create cases when a new email comes in from an already established Contact. My question: is there a way to change the regarding field from the created case to an Account/ Right now, I have ETC set up to link to the Contact, but what I would like to do is have the newly created case have the Account in the Regarding field. (thereby linking the email in the case to the Contact *and* the Account.). Thanks! nasu ...

Proper Name Split Out
Using Excel 2007. Cell A1 contains: Mr. & Mrs. John Smith (spaces around the &) How do I split out so that the Salutation - Mr. & Mrs. - is in B1 and Smith is in C1? A step farther: A1 is: Mr. John Smith B1 to be Mr. C1 to be Smith And Thank You! Wayne I put these test values in A1:A8 Mr. & Mrs. John Smith Mr & Mrs John Smith Mr & Mrs J Smith Mr & Mrs Smith Mr. John Smith Mr John Smith Mr Smith Mrs Smith and then this formula in B1: =3DTRIM(IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("&",A1)),LEFT(A1,FIND("&",A1)+5),LEFT(A1,3))) and this horrendo...

Randomly alter a column of names
I have a list of place names in column A from row 1 to row 56 Its part of a game so all I want to do is alter the order of names (randomly if possible) There is only one column which is the one with the names in it. thnaks One way .. Names are assumed in col A, in A1:A20, say Put in C1: =RAND() Put in B1: =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(SMALL(C:C,ROWS($A$1:A1)),C:C,0)) Select B1:C1, copy down to C20 You'd get a random scramble of the names from col A in col B Press F9 to re-generate afresh -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Scudo&quo...

unable to change pass in Ex 5.5
Hi, Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of the users i am unable to change password from OWA giving error 2147023569. My certificate has expired. How can i resole this problem. Regards Darshan Didn't I answer your Tuesday's question? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/browse_thread/thread/57456da2615b299e/03751d3b6b6dc287?lnk=st&q=insubject:Unbale+insubject:changing+insubject:password+insubject:from+insubject:OWA&rnum=1&hl=ru#03751d3b6b6dc287 Darshan Diora wrote: > Hi, > Having Ex 5.5 with SP4 installed. For some of th...